PDA

View Full Version : Casual 1-on-1 Challenge Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Challenger #001
9th September 2010, 10:29 AM
The idea of 8 people in a room is a good one, and I'm sure all of us have had the pleasure of racing against seven other skilled and mature pilots. But as with all online games, WipEout HD Fury has its' problems. People with poor connections, using up bandwidth... all regular internet problems result in lag-ramming and a generally unhappy experience for some of us.

The 1-on-1 Challenge is designed to allow pilots to have quick, easy-to-stomach battles against individual racers, cutting down on the time it takes to find more opponents and actually making Modesto Heights marginally safe to race on. The idea came up after knockouts from kanar's Avalon Cup wanted more matches, and I offered to provide. Any questions regarding this thread can come to me - I will forward it on to the relevant parties if need be.

With the niceties out the way, lets' get on to challenges. ;3

----

Read THIS first before setting any challenges.

- Anyone in this thread may post a challenge to another in the Avalon 1v1 style, or put it out for someone to pick it up. To re-cap, the Avalon 1v1 matches are in the following format:

Player 1 chooses 3 rounds
Player 2 chooses 3 rounds
Both players race Sol 2 Reverse in a Rapier Race, Weapons Off, Barrel Rolls Off
- Players may choose any configuration for their matches, but the same track may not be chosen more than twice in any direction.

- For Zone Battle, the following limits apply:
max target 50 : Pure 4 and Anulpha Pass
max target 45 : Vineta K and Moa Therma
max target 40 : Metropia and The Amphiseum
max target 35 : Modesto Heights, Tech de Ra, Sol 2 and Ubermall
max target 30 : Sebenco Climb, Chenghou Project and Talon's Junction

- For Eliminator, the maximum points value is 200 on any track.

- You must post all your tracks and your chosen ship when you set a challenge. You must adhere to this craft throughout all the events. Bear in mind to identify whether it was an HD or a Fury ship.

- Challenges may be sent to a particular user via private message, but a copy of it must be placed here with a GREEN heading. For example:

I challenge <Subject Name Here> to an event!

I will fly the Fury Piranha

My tracks will be:
Phantom Race @ Anulpha Pass Fwd, Weapons On
Phantom Race @ Moa Therma Fwd, Weapons On
Zone Battle @ Tech De Ra Rev, Target 35

- Otherwise, you may choose to offer yourself up for a challenge with an ORANGE heading. For example:

I await a challenge!

I will fly the FEISAR HD

My tracks will be:
Phantom Race @ Ubermall Rev, Weapons On
Phantom Race @ Modesto Heights Rev, Weapons On
Zone Battle @ The Amphiseum Fwd, Target 40

- You and your opponent must try and finish all events set. If time constraints are a worry, play until one person wins four matches, but if you have the time, try and get them all done.

- Though not necessary, try opening a chat with the one you're racing for politeness' sake to keep in contact. It also allows you to easily chat again if need be.

- Keep to the colour scheme in the post a few below. A Pink vs Purple match will be assumed to be a Icaras vs Qirex match, points awarded accordingly.

- Post your results of your match to the thread in the following format (all races are simply for demonstration purposes):

Challenger #001 (Assegai HD) vs Challenger #002 (EG-X HD)

Challenger #001's choices - ??? Hosting
Vineta K Fwd, Venom Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001
Anulpha Pass Fwd, Flash Race, Weapons Off: Challenger #002
Moa Therma Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons Off, Barrel Roll Off: Challenger #001

Challenger #002's choices - ??? Hosting
Chenghou Project Rev, Rapier Eliminator, Target 250:Challenger #002
Metropia Fwd, Zone Battle, Target 25:Challenger #002
Sebenco Climb Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001

Standard Race - ??? Hosting
Amphiseum Forwards, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001

4-3 to Challenger #001

- Be sporting and thank your opponent for taking the time to have a race, even if you didn't win. ^^ The whole point of this topic is to bring back the idea of friendly racing from the faceless mess that the PS3 makes of online gaming, after all.

---

With a lot of confusion about what the seventh event is going to be, allow me to clarify. It is from now on going to be
[CENTER]
[SIZE="5"]Sol 2 Reverse, Rapier Race, Weapons Off, Barrel Rolls Off

kanar
9th September 2010, 11:23 AM
Nice initiative mate! as you may know I was too much reactive regarding Ichigo's issue, as he could attend next round finally (ps3 replacement). But everything can still happen, a late withdrawal in the next rounds remains possible, and as you said, it's a nice way to continue the avalon cup experience anyway. I'll probably subscribe real soon myself ah ah.

Challenger #001
9th September 2010, 02:19 PM
Duly noted, kanar. We can still have this for people who want a second chance.

Aeroracer
9th September 2010, 09:56 PM
its a really good idea if the unfortunate happens and a player is for some reason unable to compete any further.might not be what happens in wimbledon, but then wimbledon is crap.

Challenger #001
10th September 2010, 10:55 AM
Team Victories:

AG-Systems =114
Mirage =91
Icaras =72
Harimau =64
Assegai =56
Feisar =52
Qirex =38
Goteki 45 =24
Auricom =20
Triakis =14
EG-X =12
Piranha =8

Challenger #001
15th September 2010, 12:18 PM
Well, one of the pilots I had to disappoint about getting back into the championship was UB3R-BR3NDAGE, but I got in contact and offered a match against myself to make up for it. So here's the lineup for tonight's match (Results will be filled in as they come.)

If anyone else is going to be on tonight, tomorrow or Thursday and wants a 1v1 match against someone with no skill at all to warm up for Phantom's Pharewell Avalon send me a message over PSN - I'd be more than happy to play you XD. Just send me your ship choice and three track choices.

Challenger #001 (Fury Qirex) vs UB3R-BR3NDAGE (Fury Feisar)

UB3R's Choice - Challenger Hosting
Moa Therma Forward, Phantom Race, Weapons On: UB3R-BR3NDAGE
Anulpha Pass Forward, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001
Amphiseum Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons On: UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Challlenger's Choice - Challenger Hosting
Mallavol, Zone Battle, Target 50: Challenger #001
Amphiseum Reverse, Zone Battle, Target 40: Challenger #001
Syncopia, Zone Battle, Target 50: Challenger #001

Standard Race - Challenger Hosting
Vineta K Reverse, Rapier Race, Weapons On: UB3R-BR3NDAGE

4 - 3 to Challenger #001

Nutcase:259
15th September 2010, 12:24 PM
so if i read this right this is where we can set out a challenge to anyone out of the cup to race against, just for fun? cool. can we send our challenges to you or post them here?

kanar
15th September 2010, 01:01 PM
that's exactly the purpose of the thread mate, I would add it's open to everyone, not just to the pilots who previously registered at the cup, and it's a good way to prepare yourself for the next cup.

UB3R~JKP
15th September 2010, 02:35 PM
Should be great Challenger! :D

Dark_Phantom_89
15th September 2010, 03:00 PM
Ahh, go on then, I'll offer myself up for a challenge. I'm a bit rusty as I've been playing a lot of Worms recently, but what the heck ;)

I await a challenge...

Amphiseum Rev Weps On
Vineta Rev Weps Off
Sol 2 Fwd Weps Off

All Phantom speed.

Challenger #001
15th September 2010, 03:21 PM
'Rusty' for Phantom of course being that he's only 10th in the world rather than 3rd. :D

SaturnReturn
15th September 2010, 08:27 PM
Challenger - have you considered just opening it up to everyone and running it over the length of the Avalon Cup as an ELO style league, then at the end the winner of this league could face off against the Avalon Cup winner. Think I suggested that in the other thread and I think a lot of people might be interested. I would potentially play in it myself because these one on one matches seem really quick and easy to pull off. Players could even just challenge each other when they happen to see one another online. I think it could be really fun.

Also - you want me to change the thread title at all?

Challenger #001
15th September 2010, 09:03 PM
@Saturn - Well, as you're aware I didn't think this thread up too well before making it, but I'm up for making changes. I suppose I didn't think this would be that popular, I was only expecting about eight people at most. But if more want to come in, even if you're in the Avalon cup or never took part, I think it's only fair you join in. You could even use this as a 'grudge match' round for settling old rivalries. ;3 I could even add in rules demanding that pilots use rival teams: Triakis v AG-Systems, Icaras v Goteki 45, Piranha v Assegai and of course, Qirex v Auricom...

Anyway, back on topic - yes, this thread is now (with Kanar's blessing, as he's chief of Avalon stuff) open to all and sundry, to post challenges and accept them. Maybe if you're up for renaming it, you could call it something like 'Avalon Challenge Thread'? Though you may have to explain to me what an ELO league is. Is it like a Round Robin tournament?

---

In other news, Uber and I finished our races. For someone who claims not to have played in a while, he's a darned good racer. I was somewhat shattered after the races. ;) Results are on the previous page, seems I only won due to my cheekiness at Zone Battle. :D

---

And as if to prove Saturn's point about quick matches, I got a full 7 rounds in with Phantom this evening :D

Challenger #001 (Fury Assegai) vs Dark_Phantom_89 (Fury Mirage)

Phantom's Choice - Phantom Hosting
Amphiseum Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Dark_Phantom_89
Vineta K Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons Off: Dark_Phantom_89
Sol 2 Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons Off: Dark_Phantom_89

Challenger's Choice - Phantom Hosting
Tech De Ra Rev, Zone Battle, Target 35: Dark_Phantom_89
Syncopia, Zone Battle, Target 50: Challenger #001
Mallavol, Zone Battle, Target 50: Dark_Phantom_89

Standard Race - Phantom Hosting
Anulpha Pass Fwd, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Dark_Phantom_89

6-1 to Dark_Phantom_89

Nice games man, Hopefully we can do more of them later. ;3 Must say, in the races you forgot to change your ship back, it was refreshing to actually see a Green Mirage for once. XD

JJPAP
15th September 2010, 09:04 PM
I await a challenge...

I´m of course up for the challenge and the fun, my good friend :)

Anulpha REV
Metropia FW
Tech De Ra REv

Phantom - Weps Off

If - by any chance! - it´s a draw after the first 6 races, I consider a 20 lap Moa Therma (FW or REV) an appropriate choice ... :eek

Saturday evening - I know, I know! Avalon! - would be superb for me (aka Home Alone). If not, we´ll sure find another day, mate!

UB3R~JKP
15th September 2010, 10:57 PM
Was intense Challenger!!!
Props for the victory!

Kyonshi
16th September 2010, 01:20 AM
@Dark Phantom 89

Yeah dude nice try... "I'm rusty from playing Worms". You really thought of fooling someone to ever think you'd be an easy prey with this? :D Man, you're ****ing DARK PHANTOM 89!!!

On a side note, great initiative Challenger! :D:+

Ok now, i await for a challenge.

- Anulpha Pass Reverse, 5 Laps on Phantom, Weapons On
- Modesto Heights Reverse, 5 Laps on Phantom, Weapons On
- Vineta K Forward, 5 Laps on Phantom, Green Race

I would kindly ask to anyone accepting my challenge to not bring any laggy ships! (just kiddin'... but yeah please don't do this:lol)

Challenger #001
20th September 2010, 04:14 PM
With Avalon: Shockwave over and everyone cooling down before round two of the 1v1 cup, it's time for a bit of a rest, right?

Never!

I challenge kanar to an event!

My tracks will be:
Zone Battle @ Vineta K, Target 45
Zone Battle @ Corridon 12, Target 50
Phantom Race @ Metropia Reverse, Weapons On

kanar
20th September 2010, 04:24 PM
lol, challenge accepted, will be a nice training before my round against shapealot. Jeez ZB 8) ok ok why not giving it a try lol. ooops tracks : sebenco F, Amphi R, Ubermal F all phantoms weapons.

Challenger #001
20th September 2010, 07:38 PM
Challenger #001 (HD Assegai) vs Kanar (HD Icaras)

Kanar's Choice - Challenger Hosting
Amphiseum Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001
Ubermall Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001
Sebenco Climb Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Kanar

Challenger's Choice - Challenger Hosting
Vineta K, Zone Battle, Target 45: Challenger #001
Corridon 12, Zone Battle, Target 50: Challenger #001
Metropia Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Kanar

Vineta K Rev, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Kanar

4-3 to Challenger #001

Challenger #001
25th September 2010, 09:54 PM
Results posted. I think I need to clarify that neither of the race wins on my part were at all justified. I got a turbo right before the end on Amphi and boosted over the line .2 seconds ahead of Kanar, and on Ubermall he crashed on last lap allowing me to take the win. So kudos, Ollie. You're still the man! Nice way to retire the Assegai for me though. Auricom from now on. >3

kanar
25th September 2010, 10:12 PM
no no no totally justified wins lool, I fkd up big time on ubermall, telling me at the beginning of last lap "oh got a turbo, should use it later" when I was about to pass the shortcut and well I fell off lol. On Amphi I was way too much greedy with the shortcut (not the shortcut night lol), to the point I failed miserably one... Did my best to got you last lap, but yeah this turbo ruined my win lol. Fair stuff, right from the start, and the zone battles were really nice moments, despite the fact I was almost discovering the mode, and corridon lool. Gah so much gameplay in this game, that's crazy. You could spend your life playing this game, and still discovering new cool stuffs to do with. So big congrats Challenger, nice races!!!

leungbok
25th September 2010, 11:32 PM
Results posted. I think I need to clarify that neither of the race wins on my part were at all justified. I got a turbo right before the end on Amphi and boosted over the line .2 seconds ahead of Kanar, and on Ubermall he crashed on last lap allowing me to take the win. So kudos, Ollie. You're still the man! Nice way to retire the Assegai for me though. Auricom from now on. >3
Kanar is a cool guy but a bastard on the track, lol, if you won against him you were the best at that moment, nice job Challenger ! ;)

ONlock
26th September 2010, 09:15 PM
My tracks Kyonshi:
Sebenco forward/wep on/phantom
Ubermall forward/wep on/ phantom
Moa reverse/green race/phantom

Tuesday night sometime should be good for me, only day I'm early off work.

Kyonshi
28th September 2010, 11:41 PM
Tournament Report!

Kyonshi (CANADA) VS ONlock (NORWAY) - September 28th, 2010

Kyonshi's races
Kyonshi on Feisar Fury VS ONlock on Qirex HD
- Anulpha Pass Reverse, 5 Laps on Phantom, Weapons On - Kyonshi
- Modesto Heights Reverse, 5 Laps on Phantom, Weapons On - Kyonshi

Kyonshi on Icaras Fury VS ONlock on Auricom Fury
- Vineta K Forward, 5 Laps on Phantom, Green Race - Only 1 Turbo per Lap - Kyonshi

ONlock's races
ONlock on Auricom Fury VS Kyonshi on Feisar Fury
- Sebenco Climb Forward, 5 Laps on Phantom, Weapons On - Kyonshi
- Ubermall Forward, 5 Laps on Phantom, Weapons On - ONlock

ONlock on Auricom Fury VS Kyonshi on Icaras Fury
- Moa Therma Reverse, 5 Laps on Phantom, Green Race - Only 1 Turbo per Lap - ONlock

Decider's race
Kyonshi on Mirage Fury VS ONlock on Qirex HD
- Anulpha Pass Forward, 4 Laps on Rapier, Weapons On - Kyonshi

Final Results
Kyonshi 5
ONlock 2

ONlock's videos of the races!
- My regular races
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxJa1MQ-pH0
- ONlock's regular races
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHdfR_zv210
- The Green races
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvS35WDTZQ4
- 7th, Decider's race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y_SMyqy33I

We had a great time racing overall, minus some cheap mines from me on AP Rev and MH Rev:? In all honesty, ONlock is a solid contender, much capable of serious ass-kickin' :D:+ I may have won this, but its far from being the same story on the usual online races. Beware people!

ONlock
29th September 2010, 02:07 AM
Thanks Kyonshi.

It was fun, and the practice is good to have, helps to get over the cup nerves.

Too bad that not more people play in this thread, it's a good initiative.

Challenger #001
29th September 2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks OL and Kyonshi, good to see some initiative. :3 Invite more friends! Challenge people!

I for one....

Await a Challenge!

My ship = HD/Fury Auricom

My Tracks =

Sebenco Climb Forwards, Phantom Race, Weapons On
Zone Battle @ Mallavol, Target 50
Zone Battle @ Anulpha Pass Reverse, Target 50

Dark_Phantom_89
29th September 2010, 09:00 PM
The last challenge was great fun, so I'll offer myself up for another. This time I really am rusty Kyonshi! ;)

My choices will be:
Metropia Reverse - Weps On
Sol 2 Forward - Weps Off
Modesto Heights Forward - Weps On

All Phantom races, 5 laps.

DreamyElf
30th September 2010, 07:25 AM
ok, i was at first negative about this thing but i'll give it a go! :)

i accept both challenges from challenger and DP! :g

DP, i cant win you in a clean race but this time i'll use some plasma's against you... ;)
ok so:

my choice for the challenge against DP:
Chenghou Project fwd / phantom / weaps ON / 5 laps
Sebenco Climb fwd / phantom / weaps ON / 5 laps
The Amphiseum fwd / phantom / weaps ON / 5 laps

and for the challenge against challenger:
Modesto Heights fwd / phantom / weaps ON / 5 laps
Metropia rev / phantom / weaps ON / 5 laps
Chenghou Project rev / phantom / weaps ON / 5 laps

just send me a message if you accept those conditions my friends and when you want to do it ;)

Dark_Phantom_89
30th September 2010, 10:51 AM
Chenghou and Sebenco Forward eh DE? Is that anything to do with the fact I told you that those two are my worst tracks? ;)

I'll be online later tonight. You're usually on at the same time as me anyway, so we'll sort something out. :)

DreamyElf
30th September 2010, 11:17 AM
haha, no mate :)
you do realize that all my crappy rec times on phantom are still FAR from any time you would do on a bad day... ;)
if u want we can change those tracks but i dont see the point.
in the end i'll lose, i'm just here for the fun^^
talk to you later :)

UB3R~JKP
30th September 2010, 08:32 PM
I would like to set myself up for a challenge :)

-Moa Therma FWD
-Anulpha FWD
-Ubermall FWD

Challenger #001
2nd October 2010, 09:21 AM
Arg, Chenghou and Metropia. D:

Challenge accepted DE - I'm on tonight if you'd like, but I won't be good. I'm off to the Eurogamer Expo tomorrow, so I'm brushing up my skills with Assassin's Creed 2 so I don't embarrass myself when playing Brotherhood. XD

---

Challenger #001 (HD Auricom) vs DreamyElf (HD Feisar)

Dreamy's Choice - Challenger Hosting
Modesto Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: DreamyElf
Chenghou Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: DreamyElf
Metropia Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: DreamyElf

Sebenco Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: DreamyElf
Anulpha Rev, Zone Battle, Target 50: Challenger #001
Mallavol, Zone Battle, Target 50: DreamyElf

Standard Race - ??? Hosting
Vineta K, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001

5-2 to DreamyElf

zero3growlithe
2nd October 2010, 09:36 AM
I await a challenge!

My tracks will be:
Rapier Race @ Ubermall Rev, Weapons On
Rapier Race @ Modesto Heights, Weapons On
Rapier Race @ Metropia Rev, Weapons On

Challenger #001
2nd October 2010, 03:50 PM
Uber, Growlie, you two want to race each other?

zero3growlithe
2nd October 2010, 06:55 PM
Sure :)

I challenge UB3R~JKP to an event! (Completed)

My tracks will be:
Rapier Race @ Ubermall Rev, Weapons On
Rapier Race @ Modesto Heights, Weapons On
Rapier Race @ Metropia Rev, Weapons On

zero3growlithe
3rd October 2010, 12:40 PM
I challenge ID_7of9 to an event!

My tracks will be:
Rapier Race @ Ubermall, Weapons On
Rapier Race @ Modesto Heights Rev, Weapons On
Rapier Race @ Chenghou Project Rev, Weapons On

QjonPL
4th October 2010, 09:08 PM
I challenge :battriboy:bat to an event!

My tracks will be:
Phantom Race @ Metropia Rev, Weapons On
Phantom Race @ Amphiseum Rev, Weapons On

SaturnReturn
4th October 2010, 10:28 PM
Please keep private messages to PMs or profile posts. We can't moderate stuff that we don't understand, and I don't have time to learn Polish, as much as I'd love to.;)

Challenger #001
5th October 2010, 08:48 PM
Nice to see you two got a race in growlie and Uber! Mind posting the results? XD Nice format like mine mind you. ;p I got standards in my threads. XD

zero3growlithe
5th October 2010, 09:12 PM
Result:
zero3growlithe 4 wins (four becouse tournament wasn't completed:frown:)
UB3R~JKP 0 wins

zero3growlithe's tracks:
Ubermall Rev - Rapier Race - Weapons On (zero3growlithe)
Metropia Rev - Rapier Race - Weapons On (zero3growlithe)
Modesto Heights - Rapier Race - Weapons On (zero3growlithe)

UB3R~JKP's tracks:
Moa Therma - Phantom Race - Weapons On (zero3growlithe)
Anulpha Pass - Phantom Race - Weapons On ?
Ubermall - Phantom Race - Weapons On ?

Default choice track - ?

I was playing 2 hours before the meeting so there is no wonder why i won:twisted

leungbok
6th October 2010, 05:13 AM
You should challenge dark-phantom89, i'm sure he will complete a tourny ! ;)

zero3growlithe
6th October 2010, 06:37 AM
Maybe after ID_7of9 i will challange him:blarg

Challenger #001
6th October 2010, 06:42 AM
Ah, did Uber's connection crash or did you just decide to leave it after you got four wins?

zero3growlithe
6th October 2010, 03:14 PM
UB3R left the game becouse he judged that there is no possibility for him to win. Ok, lets leave that subject for now :bat.

kanar
6th October 2010, 05:46 PM
I think you can keep this possibility to end the meeting after someone reached 4 wins Challenger, like the nba finals. I would like to set myself up for a challenge after friday & my sheduled avalon cup meeting against Sir Shapealot btw. No matter the result ah ah (probably bad for me). My tracks/mode choice are :

-Moa R SR/No weapons/phantom(5 laps)
-Tech de Ra F/SR/Weapons/phantom(5 laps)
-Sol 2 R/SR/Weapons/phantom(5laps)
I'm riding an Icaras mkI btw.

Saturn could you please rename the thread, we exchanged some text messages with Challenger, this topic is really nice in order to set some good 1vs1, so why not just rename it 1vs1 meetings or something better. Challenger doesn't want "the magec academy 1vs1 test" lol.

Challenger #001
6th October 2010, 08:29 PM
Kanar, orange heading please. ;3

If you're reading this Saturn, I'd be more than happy to change the name of this to the '1 on 1 Challenge Thread' or the like. Like kanar says in his other threads, it's worth to get some practice or even settle old scores.

Speaking of which, I know it's not easy to get free time, but whenever you've got a moment and feel like giving someone a kicking...

I challenge SaturnReturn to an event!

My tracks will be:

Ubermall Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On
Vineta K Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On
Corridon 12, Zone Battle, Target 50

SaturnReturn
6th October 2010, 08:40 PM
Challenge accepted.

My tracks will be:
Ubermall Fwd Phantom Weapons off 5 laps
Chenghou Reverse Phantom Weapons off 12 laps
Vineta K Reverse Phantom Weapons on 5 laps

These are my choices for carlos69 if he replies to my messages in time.

Wanna do it now Challenger? I'm online. I just have to look up the zone battle controls first though.;)

Challenger #001
6th October 2010, 10:10 PM
Sure thing. Let me get downstairs first though.

SaturnReturn
6th October 2010, 10:14 PM
That was a little while ago and I have to be on my way to bed now. We can race tomorrow if you're free?

KGB
6th October 2010, 10:29 PM
I'm online if you would like a race Challenger?

Challenger #001
6th October 2010, 10:31 PM
Sorry Saturn - I'll learn to read timestamps in the future. And KGB if you want to race, for sure. :3

Edit: Rac'd! :3

Challenger #001 (Fury Auricom) vs KGB1971 (Fury Goteki 45)

Ubermall Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: KGB 1971
Vineta K Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: KGB 1971

KGB's Choice - Challenger Hosting
Ubermall Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: KGB 1971
Amphiseum Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: KGB 1971
Talon's Junction Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: KGB 1971

Vineta K Rev, Rapier Race, Weapons On: KGB1971

6-1 to KGB1971

Challenger #001 (Fury Auricom) vs SaturnReturn (Fury Goteki 45)

Ubermall Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: SaturnReturn
Vineta K Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: SaturnReturn

Saturn's Choice - Challenger Hosting
Ubermall Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons Off: SaturnReturn
Chenghou Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons Off, 12 Laps: SaturnReturn
Vineta K Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: SaturnReturn

The Amphiseum Fwd, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001

5-2 to SaturnReturn

-----

Also to all watching the thread - there's been an edit to the first post with more info and clearer instructions. Please read it over and take it to heart. :) Thank you.

KGB
7th October 2010, 08:06 AM
One day I'll learn how to play this Zone Battle thing, I seriously suck at it. As soon as the speed goes above Phantom I just can't hit the speed pads.

Good game Challenger :+

Dark_Phantom_89
7th October 2010, 10:27 AM
I'm missing WipEout and need my fix this weekend, so:

I challenge KGB1971 to an event!

My choices will be:
Metropia Reverse - Phantom, 5 Laps, Weapons On
Vineta K Reverse - Phantom, 5 Laps, Weapons Off
Sol 2 Forward - Phantom, 5 Laps, Weapons Off

I believe that I have a challenge with DE to do as well, so I'll try and get that done too if he's up for it.

KGB
7th October 2010, 11:50 AM
Well I can't turn down a challenge, how is early afternoon tomorrow as I'll be busy for the rest of the weekend?

I'll pick

Phantom - Weapons on
Ubermall fwd
Talons fwd
Modesto fwd

Gonna get my arse kicked :D

Dark_Phantom_89
7th October 2010, 08:37 PM
Ahh damn, I won't be available until tomorrow night (around 10pm onwards.)

No worries if you're busy over the weekend KGB, we can always reschedule :+

Challenger #001
7th October 2010, 11:12 PM
Got my race in against Dreamy. ^^ He thrashed me soundly at Chenghou, but I'll go out on a limb and say that the 1-on-1 at Metropia Reverse was the best Race I've ever had in WipEout HD. :3 Sorry to everyone else, but that was just seat-of-the-pants excitement, followed shortly by Modesto which I messed up through my own stupid fault.

And then he goes and has the cheek to beat me at Zone Battle! :O And I thought there was something I was good at... :redface:

Anyway, pleasure to play you Dreamy, look forward to another match maybe in the future when I'm not flying a brick. ;)

DreamyElf
8th October 2010, 12:05 PM
we had some really intense races chal001!
especially metropia and modesto ;)
regarding zone battle, i'm a big fan of Zone but i don't play zone battle at all, i hate those barriers! lol, i also missed many zone pads...

i was a bit rusty because i dont play wipeout much lately but i was happy with my performance^^
anyway, thx again chal, u did really well, it doesnt matter who won...:)

8th October 2010, 03:36 PM
ill throw my hat in (metaphorically, im not a hat person, except for maybe one)

I Await a challenge!!!!!!!
anyone up for an easy win? :lol

Phantom speed!!!
anulpha rev weps on
metropia rev weps on
tech da ra fwd weps on

BOOM

Pure2097
8th October 2010, 04:04 PM
Hmm, I'll give it a go nutcase

All phantom

HD Harimau
Sol 2 Forward Weapons on
Modesto Heights Forward Weapons on
Ubermall Forward Weapons on

See you on the track. PSN as name.

8th October 2010, 04:08 PM
Alrighty your on.:g

*looks at tracklisting* arrrggghh Modesto heights!!! :lol
ill probably be fury AG SYS or something

Pure2097
8th October 2010, 04:13 PM
Well, I'm on for the next hour or so :D

8th October 2010, 04:27 PM
soory i wont be on then. i might be on after 9:30 or so.
or im usually on middday most days. im sure we can work something out :D

Pure2097
8th October 2010, 04:28 PM
Well, I should be able to play most of tomorrow afternoon and will probably be online after about 10.30 tonight

Colonel
8th October 2010, 06:03 PM
I await a challenge

I will fly the Fury AG Systems

My tracks will be:

Eliminator @ Ubermall, Target 240
Eliminator @ Moa Therma (Rev), Target 240.
Zone Battle @ Modesto Heights, Target 35

I'm available a fair chunk of the weekend but I will definitely be online tonight from 20.00 - 23.00 GMT+1 (BST). If anyone fancies it let me know, either on here or via PSN message.

Cheers,

Adam. :)

Challenger #001
8th October 2010, 06:36 PM
Oooh. Need to brush up on Eliminator before I accept I'm afraid Colonel. ;3 If nobody's accepted, I'll take it up once I've got my match done with Saturn.

Colonel
8th October 2010, 06:58 PM
Fair play dude, I originally put two zone battles and one eliminator but then I thought "sod it, may as well play to my strengths".

Challenger #001
8th October 2010, 08:33 PM
Well, got my match in against Saturn which was good - the man's a class racer - though it was ruined a bit my by roomate deciding that last lap of Amphiseum to spill tea on the wireless router. :/

That said though, I think some of my suckiness comes from the ship matchup. There's no way an Auricom can keep up with a Goteki on twisty tracks. Means the Makana team go to the lead in the Manufacturers' Championship

Jav
8th October 2010, 10:01 PM
I could use some games to get into the whole 1v1 idea. Challenger, do you fancy some soon? Someone else?

Challenger #001
8th October 2010, 10:41 PM
Throw down a challenge, Jav, and I'll accept it for next week. ;3 Going to be away all weekend in Wales, and then got a lot of work to catch up on when I get back. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are good days, maybe Saturday too. I'm meeting up with Yeldar on the Sunday though, so if he comes back over to my place he may end up taking a few challenges to get his WO fix. XD

DreamyElf
9th October 2010, 12:38 PM
i've raced my challenge with DP earlier :
mine's choices:
Chenghou P fwd/Phantom/ON - DP89
Sebenco C fwd/Phantom/ON - DP89
Amphiseum fwd/Phantom/ON - DP89
DP's choices:
Vineta K rev/Phantom/ON - DP89
Metropia rev/Phantom/ON - DP89
Sol 2 fwd/Phantom/OFF - DP89
Challenger's choice:
Vineta K rev/Rapier/ON - me
results: 6-1 to Dark Phantom!
no surprise here.. lol

thanks for the races DP^^
the funny thing is that you didn't even bother using mines and bombs... such was the difference between us! xD
see you later mate, u rock! :rock

Dark_Phantom_89
9th October 2010, 01:02 PM
It was great racing with you earlier DE, thanks for proposing the challenge. Remember what I told you - legends are made by their personality and what they do for the community, not how fast they are. ;)

TwitchySpitfire
9th October 2010, 03:11 PM
I await a challenge!

My ship: HD Qirex-RD

My tracks:
Single Race (5 Laps) @Talon's Junction F; Rapier; Weapons On
Eliminator @ Modesto Heights F; Flash
Single Race (5 Laps) @ Ubermall R; Rapier; Weapons Off

9th October 2010, 03:29 PM
I accept Twitchy spitfire!!!!

Results of me and Pure2097's races

anulpha rev : Nut
Metropia rev : Nut
Tech da Ra fwd : Pure 2097
Sol2 fwd: Nut (thanks to a well placed bomb ;) sorry )
Modesto fwd:Nut
Ubermall fwd : Nut
Amphi fwd rapier :Nut (also know as the race with the epic-est plasma shot ever ;) i heard it barrel down the straight seemingly forever thinking
"oh god is it gonna hit me is it? is it? IS IT? IS IT!!!? then i thought id got away with it as i turned into the hairpin then BAM!! :g)

well played ;)

Pure2097
9th October 2010, 03:35 PM
I also dispute the amount of turbos you seemingly had but we'll leave that discussion for another time :)
I await a challenge

I shall be using the HD Harimau

My tracks are:

Sol 2 Forward Weapons off
Amphiseum reverse weapons on
Metropia Forward Weapons off

All Phantom

9th October 2010, 03:38 PM
lol i did seem to get lucky with the turbos, especially on anulpha and metropia. also the 2 missiles you fired missed somehow (deployied my special bullet reflection shield of course! :D) :P. luck was definitely on my side :g

Hmm i think my tracks will be.........for twitchyspitfire................................... ....
.................................................. ....................................

Vineta K reverse Phantom
Amphsium reverse Phantom
Eliminator Moa Therma

ill be a FEISAR FURY

yeah for colours!

TwitchySpitfire
9th October 2010, 04:40 PM
Nutcase: just so you know, I do not have a USB microphone for the PS3 yet. Would it be easier if we chatted on Skype? I'm always available there.

(I would also like some hints. Should I really be using a Fury craft?)

9th October 2010, 04:46 PM
err i dont thin the chat on wipeout works anyway. we can just create a chat room on ps3 and i can invite you there.

generally not very talkative during races anyway, apart from incomprehensible swearing and random exclamations and gesticulations :lol

you can bring a fury craft if you want, what ever you like really

Jav
9th October 2010, 05:47 PM
I'm up for some challenges tonight. I'm available from 21:00 GMT! :)

Ship: Harimau Fury
Tracks:

Sebenco Climb Forward (Rapier)
Chenghou Project Reverse (Rapier)
Ubermall Forward (Zone Battle, target 55)

TwitchySpitfire
9th October 2010, 07:20 PM
I might have to also take up Jav's challenge after nut's offer. Or, could we have a 1vs1vs1?

Jav
9th October 2010, 08:34 PM
I'm on now... I'll add both of you.

Pure2097
9th October 2010, 10:32 PM
For anyone that is going to be up past 1am GMT I will be up and racing. I'm pulling an allnighter tonight so if anyone wants a challenge my choices are further up this page.

zero3growlithe
10th October 2010, 09:39 AM
Race Completed Succesfully:+

Zero3Growlithe's Tracks:
Chenghou Project Reverse - Zero3Growlithe
Modesto Heights Reverse - ID_7of9
Ubermall - Zero3Growlithe

ID_7of9 Tracks:
Vineta K Reverse - Zero3Growlithe
Chenghou Project - ID_7of9
Sebenco Climb - Zero3Growlithe

Default Track Choice (The Amphiseum) - Zero3Growlithe

(all Rapier speed class with weapons on)

Movie is ready:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYfpp_XgYYM

For now... I challenge QjonPL to an event!

My tracks will be: hmmmmm...
Anulpha Pass Reverse, Phantom, Weapons ON
Sol 2 Reverse, Phantom, Weapons ON
Metropia Reverse, Phantom, Weapons ON

Becouse i like Saturday for race at 12 o'clock GMT +1 there is no need to ask me when to race if this is ok with you:) . In short...
Default Day of Race - Saturday - 12 o'clock <- can be changed ^.^v

Ace3cube
10th October 2010, 09:46 AM
Wooo i never saw that Thread O.O
It looks fun and nice. 1vs1 great ;)

QjonPL
10th October 2010, 11:55 AM
I accept zero3growlithe's challenge!

My car: Feisar Fury
My tracks:
Vineta K rev / Wpn Off / Phantom
Amphiseum rev / Wpn Off / Phantom
Modesto Heights / Wpn Off / Phantom

TwitchySpitfire
10th October 2010, 09:53 PM
Results from:

Javariko vs. TwitchySpitfire

First Round Host: TwitchySpitfire
Single Race (5 Laps) @Talon's Junction F; Rapier; Weapons On: Javariko
Eliminator @ Modesto Heights F; Flash: Javariko
Single Race (5 Laps) @ Ubermall R; Rapier; Weapons Off: Javariko

Second Round Host: TwitchySpitfire
Sebenco Climb Forward (Rapier): Javariko
Chenghou Project Reverse (Rapier): Javariko
Ubermall Forward (Zone Battle, target 55): Javariko

Third Round Host: TwitchySpitfire
Single Race (4 Laps) @ The Amphiseum F; Rapier; Weapons On: Javariko

I have to say, the Eliminator round was the best. I pretty much failed under pressure from Jav.

Challenger #001
11th October 2010, 09:37 AM
Out of intrigue, I put this together representing how many wins each team has got in this championship - also consider it a colour guide for identifying pilots. ;3
http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=181344#post181344

---

I accept Javariko's, TwitchySpitfire's and Col_Gadaffi's Challenges!

Javariko (Harimau Fury) vs Challenger #001 (Auricom Fury)

Javariko's Choice - Challenger Hosting
Sebenco Fwd, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001
Chenghou Rev, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Javariko
Ubermall Fwd, Zone Battle, Target 55: Javariko

Syncopia, Zone Battle, Target 55: Challenger #001
Anulpha Fwd, Zone Battle, Target 55: Javariko
Sebenco Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Javariko

Amphiseum Fwd, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Javariko

5-2 to Javariko

---

TwitchySpitfire (HD Auricom) vs Challenger #001 (HD Triakis)

Twitchy's Choices - Twitchy Hosting
Talon's Fwd, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001
Ubermall Rev, Rapier Race, Weapons Off: Challenger #001
Modesto Fwd, Flash Eliminator, Target 200: TwitchySpitfire

Challenger's Choices - Twitchy Hosting
Moa Fwd, Zone Battle, Target 40: Challenger #001
TDR Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001

Standard Race - Twitchy Hosting
Amphiseum Fwd, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001

6-1 to Challenger #001

---

Colonel Gadaffi (Fury AG Systems) vs Challenger #001 (Fury Triakis)

Gadaffi's Choice - Gadaffi Hosting
Ubermall Fwd, Rapier Eliminator, Target 240: Colonel_Gadaffi
Moa Therma Rev, Rapier Eliminator, Target 240: Colonel_Gadaffi
Modesto Heights Fwd, Zone Battle, Target 35: Challenger #001

Challenger's Choice - Gadaffi Hosting
Vineta K Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons Off: Challenger #001
Tech De Ra Rev, Zone Battle, Target 40: Challenger #001
Amphiseum Fwd, Zone Battle, Target 40:Challenger #001

Standard Race - Gadaffi Hosting
Amphiseum Fwd, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Colonel_Gadaffi

4-3 to Challenger #001

Jav
11th October 2010, 03:18 PM
Sure matey, tomorrow or wednesday night would be a good time for me! :)

Challenger #001
11th October 2010, 06:13 PM
Wednesday maybe - can't be sure though. :/ Thursday and Friday are usually my best bets.

Colonel
11th October 2010, 06:53 PM
I can do mine whenever mate, Friday sounds good though.

Dark_Phantom_89
11th October 2010, 07:40 PM
Kudos for keeping this alive Challenger, great stuff :+

Good to see Mirage in 2nd place. :D

Colonel
13th October 2010, 08:48 PM
Just finished my match with Challenger001...

Colonel__Gaddafi races:

Eliminator - Rapier: Ubermall (F), 240 limit. Colonel Gaddafi wins.
Eliminator - Rapier: Moa Therma (R), 240 limit. Colonel Gaddafi wins.
Zone Battle: Modesto Heights (F) - 35 limit. Challenger001 wins.

Challenger001 races:

Phantom race - Weapons off: Vineta K (R). Challenger001 wins.
Zone Battle: Tech De Ra (R) - 40 limit. Challenger001 wins.
Zone Battle: The Amphiseum (F) - 40 limit. Challenger001 wins.

Standard race:
Rapier race - weapons on: The Amphisuem (F). Colonel__Gaddafi wins.

Colonel__Gaddafi 3-4 Challenger001.

Thanks for the games dude, a lot of fun. And quite encouraging from my point of view, ran you a lot closer than I had expected. Although let's be honest, without the eliminators it would have been rather one sided. ;)

Look forward to playing you again,

Adam.

Challenger #001
13th October 2010, 09:37 PM
What Gadaffi said. I ran him pretty close in the Uber eliminator, but it has taught me something - 2 player takes FOREVER. I'm going to decrease the limit to 200 after this considering these are supposed to be a nice, quick series of races.

And Javariko is a damn good flier. Ran me close in the ZBs, but overall he showed better skill than me. And I don't know why I picked Sebenco Rev - useless at it. XD

Good games both of you - thanks a lot, look forward to seeing you at Avalon.

Points update:

Harimau +5
Triakis +4
AG-Systems +3
Auricom +2

*kicks that useless peice of Yankee pig-iron*

Jav
13th October 2010, 10:41 PM
Good game man :) That was useful.

Javariko's races
Race 1: Sebenco Climb Fwd, Rapier: Challenger got back in the race when my screen suddenly went black on me, but it took nothing away from the win as he blew me up with a lovely plasma and went on to win it.
Challenger

Race 2: Chenghou Project Rev, Rapier: I brought it back to 1-1 with a solid race I thought. Took the lead early on and didn't get in trouble after. Not exactly Challenger's favourite track either. :pirate
Javariko

Race 3: Zone Battle, Ubermall Fwd, Target 55: As expected our Zone Battles were pretty close. We were put to the limit on this one. I took the lead as we were nearing Zone 40, and Challenger eliminated himself in an attempt to save the game. Unlucky. :frown:
Javariko

Challenger's races
Race 1: Zone Battle, Syncopia, Target 55: This game went all wrong for me as I kept trying to go round the barriers on the long straight where you can do 4 barrel rolls. Instead, I went wide just too much every time and got respawned bout 3 times. Challenger did what he had to do, and when I blew myself up (again, on the long straight) it was settled. Deserved win for Challenger.
Challenger

Race 2: Zone Battle, Anulpha Pass Fwd, Target 55: Another one of those tracks where details make the difference. I got off to a good start with a perfect lap and 2 barrel rolls. Challenger didn't have any trouble keeping up though. Again I took the edge as we neared Zone 40, and I believe Challenger blew himself up as he tried to correct things. After that it wasn't hard for me to finish the job.
Javariko

Race 3: Sebenco Climb Rev, Phantom: I pee'd my pants before we started this race as I usually avoid this track and therefore hardly play it. And if I ever do it's a complete ramfest. :beer Gotta say it makes a huge difference whether you play with 6 or 2 players on this track though, and it was much easier for me to keep a good line and do the barrel rolls. Good effort from Challenger to save the match as he needed to win the race to keep a chance of winning, but I came out on top in the end.
Javariko

Final race: The Amphiseum Fwd, Rapier: I got a little lucky as I got a booster through my first weapon pad and was able to boost + BR on the long jump. Challenger boosted off the track soon after and it was a nearly impossible task for him to come back after that.
Javariko

You were a good and fair opponent Challenger, not a dirty player. I've played people who intendedly Zone boost when people are right behind them so that you have no time to react, but none of that from this lad. Took his defeat well too. Good game. :nod :+

[Harimau Fury] Javariko 5 - 2 Challenger [Auricom Fury]

TwitchySpitfire
13th October 2010, 10:58 PM
Auricom +2

*kicks that useless peice of Yankee pig-iron*

:(

Maybe I should post a picture of my sad Sackboy if this happens again.

Jav
13th October 2010, 11:03 PM
:D

I want a SackDoll! :(

Colonel
14th October 2010, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE=Challenger #001;183305 2 player takes FOREVER. I'm going to decrease the limit to 200 after this considering these are supposed to be a nice, quick series of races.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the eliminators did take forever, 200 limit for 2 players is a good idea. Really glad that eliminators are allowed though, I know alot of people on here look down on them as some sort of novelty item but they're pretty much all I'm good at. :lol

Edit: I say "good at", I played PAPEDA one Vs one for a while tonight and felt like I did when I first picked up the game. He's like a Spanish Derren Brown, he knew what I was going to do before I did. Amazing.

Challenger #001
14th October 2010, 06:31 AM
Ah, I never like it when people intentionally drop barriers in front of me, so why should I do it to them? :nod

Wonderful races from both of you, both real gentlemen. :coffee Twitchy, how does Friday sound to you? I might also be posting a race with ACE-FLO to here shortly.

TwitchySpitfire
14th October 2010, 01:35 PM
I wont be around on Friday sadly.

I'll be on today, though.

14th October 2010, 02:01 PM
ahh, still havnt gotten round to posting the results of me v twitchy or me vs Jav. i cant really remember what the races were :lol. if either of you too could it would be much apreciated :g:redface:

TwitchySpitfire
14th October 2010, 03:51 PM
Mine isn't to hard to remember. I hosted all the races, and lost all of them. I almost won the last race, though.

UB3R~JKP
14th October 2010, 11:28 PM
I challenge you...

NUTCASE256!!!!!!!!!!!

Moa FWD: Phantom
Moa REV: Phantom
Amphi FWD: Phantom

15th October 2010, 12:30 PM
Nutcase:256?

ill have to inform my 256th nutcase bretherin of your challenge

:g

http://www.furman.edu/sccta/tourthumbnails2008/images/The%20Terracotta%20Warriors_jpg.jpg
its where i keep the other 1000, encased in my secret tomb

Metropia Rev
sol2
sebenco climb (god knows why. i hate it)
all phantom

Challenger #001
15th October 2010, 04:49 PM
Well, TwitchySpitfire isn't going to be available for a while. And I'm still waiting for ACE-FLO to give me his track choices, so rather than sit on my arse baking more cakes, I'm going to do my regular thing and punch far above my weight and lose more points to Goteki 45.

I challenge Hellfire_WZ to a match!

I will fly the Fury/HD Triakis (Matching whichever G45 Hellfire chooses)

My tracks will be:

Tech De Ra Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons On
Corridon 12, Zone Battle, Target 50
Vineta K Forward, Zone Battle, Target 40

Hellfire_WZ
15th October 2010, 05:44 PM
Challenge accepted ;) I'll use the Fury Goteki45

I'll take my usual tracks:

Metropia Reverse - Phantom SR - Weapons ON
Sebenco Climb - Phantom SR - Weapons ON
The Amphiseum - Phantom SR - Weapons ON

I'm aiming to do my cup match with Amorbis tomorrow evening, you around during the day?

MetaKraken
15th October 2010, 06:03 PM
IDK what can I do to my previous challenge thread...

Just wondering.

Challenger #001
15th October 2010, 07:25 PM
Hellfire_WZ (Fury Goteki 45) vs Challenger #001 (Fury Triakis)

Hellfire's Choice - Hellfire Hosting
Sebenco Fwd, Phantom Race, Weps On: Hellfire_WZ
Metropia Rev, Phantom Race, Weps On: Hellfire_WZ
Amphiseum Fwd, Phantom Race, Weps On: Hellfire_WZ

Challenger's Choice - Hellfire Hosting
TDR Rev, Phantom Race, Weps On: Hellfire_WZ
Vineta Fwd, Zone Battle, Target 40: Challenger #001

Standard Race - Hellfire Hosting
Amphiseum Fwd, Rapier Race, Weps On: Hellfire_WZ

5-2 to Hellfire

Challenger #001
16th October 2010, 05:55 PM
Finished my race with Hellfire. He was a bit pressed for time so we didn't get to chat at all, but the races went through nice and quickly.

Metropia Reverse: Never been good at this track, and was still getting used to the Triakis again after dinner. Easy win for Hellfire.

Sebenco Forward: Lost a lot of time again in the corners as I tried to heave the great big tank about. Started getting into it again in the later laps but again, a clear and well raced win for Hellfire.

Amphiseum Forward 1: Race was scuppered by flipping off the track and into the tower (something Saturn might find understandable) on the first lap, leaving me stuck about 5 seconds behind Hellfire for the rest of the race despite numerous turbos. Win for Hellfire.

Corridon 12: Hellfire got pole and took the left route. I took the right route, ending up on the start line behind him once more. He boosted and hit me with a barrier, meaning I lost most of my energy. I had to do a couple of perfect laps down the right route to bring myself back up to shape once more, but hauled past Hellfire eventually, blasting to 50. Win for me.

Vineta K Forward: I got pole and I think I got Hellfire with my first barrier coming onto the pit straight. He got me with a barrier around Zone 20, but I managed to get back and clinch it. Win for me.

Amphiseum Forward 2: This time I don't even have an excuse. I was simply slower off the line, and kept barrel rolling onto his mines and bombs in the mag-lock. But all credit to you Hellfire - the master has shown once again why he got to write the FAQs.

Colonel
16th October 2010, 06:28 PM
I challenge sgt_getfked to a match

My ship - Fury AG-Systems

My races:

1. Eliminator (Rapier): Anulpha Pass (Reverse) - 200 limit.
2. Eliminator (Rapier): Tech De Ra - 200 limit.
3. Zone Battle: Syncopia - 50 limit.

Available all day tomorrow.

zero3growlithe
17th October 2010, 11:23 AM
Race complete! Complete failure for me but still have one opponent to match8)
(someday must be this first time:cowboy)

Zero3Growlithe's tracks:

Anulpha Pass Reverse - Zero3Growlithe
Sol 2 Reverse - QjonPL
Metropia Reverse - QjonPL

(phantom, weapons on)

QjonPL's tracks:

Vineta K Reverse - QjonPL
The Amphiseum Reverse - QjonPL (i've broken rule about changing ships here:redface:)
Modesto Heights - QjonPL (and here)

(phantom, weapons off <- races without weapons is so boring:donut)

Default Choice Track - QjonPL (and here)

Movie will be nothing special but i'll post it:cowboy

QjonPL
17th October 2010, 11:39 AM
Races w/o weapons aren't boring, they objectively compare players' skill and have no "random factor" ;) I wanted to test Feisar too; I changed from driving AG-Sys for a long time and I'm still not 100% comfortable with F.
You shouldn't change ship to Triakis, because AG-S is a way better matchup against Fazer, especially in non-weapon races.

zero3growlithe
17th October 2010, 12:06 PM
In my movie you will see why i've changed ship (it was after vineta k reverse race)

Jav
17th October 2010, 12:19 PM
I wanna play zero3 sometime soon :D

zero3growlithe
17th October 2010, 12:44 PM
Ok:) You say, and you have->

I challange Jav to an event!

My tracks will beeee.............

Metropia-Phantom-Weapons On
---------------------------------------
Vineta K-Phantom-Weapons On
---------------------------------------
Tech De Ra-Phantom-Weapons On:hyper

Ship -> AG-Systems

Jav
17th October 2010, 12:51 PM
Cool... :) I'll pick:

Chenghou Project Rev, Rapier
Ubermall Fwd, Zone Battle, Target 55
Sebenco Climb Fwd, Rapier

Btw if you don't fancy Ubermall for Zone Battle I'll choose Anulpha Pass instead.

zero3growlithe
17th October 2010, 01:03 PM
Ubermall is ok:)

On my side you can chose between phantom and rapier speed ;)

Jav
17th October 2010, 01:07 PM
Phantom's fine :D

Btw I'll pick the Furymau

leungbok
17th October 2010, 04:14 PM
Races w/o weapons aren't boring, they objectively compare players' skill and have no "random factor" ;)

I totally agree ! :)
Even if lag sometimes load the dices :?

17th October 2010, 04:39 PM
ok have a few to stick up here. most recent 1st

Nutcase 256 :P vs Ub3r All phantom bar last

Both FEISAR FURY
Moa Fwd: Ub3r
Moa Rev:Nut
Amphi Fwd: Nut

Metropia Rev: Nut
Sol2 Fwd:Uber
Sebenco Fwd: Uber (hit me with some sort of hellfire missile and instantly vaporised my poor FEISAR :lol )

Amphi Fwd Rapier: Nut

Nut:4 Uber:3 (very Close) :hyper i again also seemed to get a absolute ton of turbos

__________________________________________________ _________

Twitchy Spitfire V Nut (probably not 100% acurate, going by the tracks we both agreed on in the posts here, and what i vaguely remember. or at least think happened :lol)
You Were in a Auricom HD? and i was in a FEISAR Fury

Talons FWD Rapier: Nut
Modesto Eliminator?:Nut
Uber Mall Rev?: Nut

VinK Rev: Nut
Amphi Rev:Nut
Moa Eliminator:Nut

Amphi Fwd Rapier: Nut

Much closer than it sounds good races!:cowboy

ill do the one with me and JAV later. i think i might have my tracks listed somewhere. we did CP FWD twice didnt we?
God my memorys chronic. too many knocks on the head :lol

Challenger #001
17th October 2010, 09:06 PM
I'm tempted to put in a rule saying you can't use the same ship. XD With two Feisars against each other, that boosts the Euro squad to 32 points, 13 more than their closest rival. XD

Oh and nut? Correct colours in future please. Blue is for Feisar, Red is for Piranha. Colour guide:

17th October 2010, 09:31 PM
oops sorry XD i was just using the PSN profile colours, and surely having the same ship levels the playing field?

Challenger #001
17th October 2010, 09:37 PM
Possibly, but then remember that different pilots have different strengths. A pilot who needs a twitchy, overreactive craft on steroids to get him out of the many, many terrors he gets himself into (Feisar, AGS, Harimau etc) is not going to adapt very well to a heavier craft that needs smoother working to get it around corners, and visa versa. Try and get a regular Triakis pilot in a Feisar and they'll be at a disadvantage.

17th October 2010, 10:19 PM
XD it was by accident i assure you, ;) we both happened to turn up to the party wearing the same dress :lol (Metaphorically speaking :P it didnt end a catfight with one of us crying either :lol)

I AWAIT A CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!
GOTEKI HD (played about with the airbreaks, i think its alright, but i cant bear having to look at the fury craft so ill stick with HD which looks bad-ass

Jav
17th October 2010, 10:21 PM
Don't really remember the results Nutcase, and frankly I don't care either. You might've been winning, I think so anyway. What I remember is that I was interrupted twice (phone and doorbell, soo annoying :p), and that we couldn't finish properly. :(

If you want we'll have a proper game soon.

Ace3cube
18th October 2010, 07:04 AM
Hey Nut, I'm your man if you are agree. But I don't know how it works o.O lol
Ship > Icaras Fury
Tracks > Modesto R # TechDeRa F # VinetaK R.
Can we add more laps ? Green races ?

zero3growlithe
18th October 2010, 08:46 AM
Movie with my 3rd training avalon cup tournament is complete:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9VrU-LEgog

QjonPL
18th October 2010, 06:32 PM
I await a challenge!

I will fly the Frieza.

My tracks will be:
Phantom Race @ Metropia rev, Weapons On
Phantom Race @ Sol2, Weapons On

Challenger #001
18th October 2010, 07:43 PM
Qjon, that sounds like Phantom's ideal lineup and my worst nightmare. XD

Ace, you can specify whatever race settings you'd like, though if you want to do Zone Battle or Eliminator you have to abide by the rules on the first page. Though if you want to do Venom races, we do advise going to see a psychologist. Just set your races out as shown in the first page. :3

Dark_Phantom_89
18th October 2010, 07:48 PM
That does indeed sound like a good line-up for me. Well, except for Mod Rev. ;)

I accept QjonPL's challenge! My tracks will be:

Vineta K Rev - Phantom - Weps Off
Sol 2 Forward - Phantom - Weps Off
The Amphiseum Reverse - Phantom - Weps Off

I've experienced a lot of ramming and cambodia recently so I've opted for a nice clean (I hope) race with no weapons involved. I've also slipped a lot I've noticed, so I could be an easy target...

I've still got KGB's challenge to do, so I'll try and get that done as well.

QjonPL
18th October 2010, 08:49 PM
My tracks will be:

Vineta K Rev - Phantom - Weps Off
Sol 2 Forward - Phantom - Weps Off
The Amphiseum Reverse - Phantom - Weps Off
Will you marry me? *-*
Almost perfect lineup for me :) Things'll definitely be interesting, add me on PSN so we can fix the details.
Do you have the possibility to record a video?

Kyonshi
18th October 2010, 09:20 PM
Just a reminder: i'm still waiting for a challenge. ;)

If people dare to challenge DP89 or Ace3cube, for sure they can compete with me... :P

IDReaper
18th October 2010, 10:17 PM
I await a challenge!

I will fly Mirage+

My tracks will be:
Venom Race @ Metropia(5 Laps), Weapons Off
Phantom Race @ Ubermall Reverse(20 Laps), Weapons On
Zone Battle @ Pro Tozo, Target 50

:dizzy

sgt_getfked
18th October 2010, 10:46 PM
I challenge sgt_getfked to a match

My ship - Fury AG-Systems

My races:

1. Eliminator (Rapier): Anulpha Pass (Reverse) - 200 limit.
2. Eliminator (Rapier): Tech De Ra - 200 limit.
3. Zone Battle: Syncopia - 50 limit.

Available all day tomorrow.

i will use ag systems elimanotor flash anulpha pass 200 limit
moa fermer flash 200 limit
ubermall 2009 limit

Jav
19th October 2010, 12:26 AM
Zero3, do you (like me) have time to play tomorrow? Afternoon or evening?

Challenger #001
19th October 2010, 09:23 AM
Awww, Kyonshi! I forgot your challenge lasted after Onlocke. Tell me what ship you'll use and we're good to go. I'll also accept IDReaper's challenge. I'll go back to my baby and use Sascha for those two races at least. <3

Sgt, mind cleaning your post up ahead? You are on a thread run by a bit if a grammar freak. xD

Phantom, Qjon, take it onto the Picture thread please. You'll fit right in with Saturn and Yeldar snuggling into bed with Jack Sparrow. :3

Edit: here goes...

Challenger #001 (Fury Qirex) vs IDReaper (Fury Mirage)

Reaper's Choice
Metropia Fwd, Venom Race, Weps Off: IDReaper
Ubermall Rev, Phantom Race, Weps On, 20 Laps: IDReaper
Pro Tozo, Zone Battle, Target 50: IDReaper

Challenger's Choice
Anulpha Pass Rev, Phantom Race, Weps On: IDReaper
Vineta K Rev, Phantom Race, Weps Off: IDReaper
Syncopia, Zone Battle, Target 50: IDReaper

Standard Race
Amphiseum Fwd, Rapier Race, Weps On: IDReaper

7-0 to IDReaper

Kyonshi (Fury FEISAR) vs Challenger #001 (Fury Qirex)

Kyonshi's Choice:
Anulpha Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Kyonshi
Modesto Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001
Vineta K Fwd, Phantom Race, Green: Kyonshi

Challenger's Choice:
Tech De Ra Fwd, Zone Battle, Target 40: Challenger #001
Talon's Junction Fwd, Phantom Race, Weps On: Kyonshi

Standard Race
Amphiseum Fwd, Rapier Race, Weps On: Kyonshi

4-3 to Kyonshi

---

Kanar, if you still want someone to take up on your challenge, I don't mind. And I'll be available all over the Avalon weekend if someone wants me at all - if you want to challenge me, go ahead. And PLEASE, people, try and keep the colours neat?

Colonel
19th October 2010, 01:22 PM
Played sgt_getfked last night. Results are as follows:

sgt_getfked choices:

Eliminator (Flash): Anulpha Pass - 200 limit. Sgt_getfked wins.
Eliminator (Flash): Moa Therma - 200 limit. Colonel__Gaddafi wins.
Eliminator (Flash): Uber Mall - 200 limit. Colonel__Gaddafi wins.

Colonel__Gaddafi choices:

Eliminator (Rapier): Anulpha Pass Reverse - 200 limit. Colonel__Gaddafi wins.
Eliminator (Rapier): Tech De Ra - 200 limit. Colonel__Gaddafi wins.
Zone Battle: Syncopia - 50 limit. Colonel__Gaddafi wins.

Single race (Rapier - weapons on): The Amphiseum. Colonel__Gaddafi wins.

Colonel__Gaddafi 6 - [1 sgt_getfked

Challenger #001
20th October 2010, 05:24 PM
Finished my match with TwitchySpitfire. For those who remember playing that ten-thumbed cripple that was me in my early days, I say he puts up a better fight than I ever did. ;3

Talon's Junction: This was a bit of an unfair race on my behalf. I got loads of bombs and mines, and simply laid them out like a big Australian camouflaged steamroller. Got my first ever 'Time to spare' badge, though I wish it had come under more pleasant circumstances. ^^; Win for me.

Modesto Heights: Auricom beating Triakis at their own game here - much like Gadaffi, Twitchy was walking all over me here, anticipating my quakes and flipping to hit me with triple rockets at the exact time I didn't need it. Win for Twitchy, by a lot.

Ubermall: A close run this one. The Auricom and Triakis were fairly evenly matched here, and only when one of us clipped the chicane wall did we get ahead. I nosed ahead to snatch it from Twitchy, but he didn't go down easily. Win for me.

Tech De Ra: A bit of a mixup here as Twitchy initially forgot to turn weapons on. As soon as we restarted and fixed the mistake though, Twitchy's ineptitude with Phantom and TDR showed through and I thrashed him soundly. But then again, it's to be expected from one of my favourite tracks, so I can't gloat. Win for me.

Mallavol: Twitchy showed he can play just as dirty as Hellfire does, boosting at the start to get in front and then attempting to lay as many barriers as possible. Despite a few setbacks, I managed to get through the race without being taken down and hit 50 without much of a problem. Win for me.

Moa Therma: Twitchy showed himself to be a lot better this time round with a familiar track and ran me close for the first few zones. I boosted ahead after a couple of perfect laps, and hit two barriers at around zone 39. I survived just long enough to get the end, and the Kamikaze badge. XD Win for me.

Amphiseum: Months of trying to beat Phantom's time on this paid off, and I didn't really get troubled at all. That said though, give him a hundred laps on this and I'm sure Twitchy will be snapping at your Mirage's fat bottom, Phantom. ;3 Win for me.

All in all, wonderful races, and a very friendly guy. Look forward to seeing you at Avalon.

Standings Update:

AG-Systems +7
Triakis +6
Auricom +1

Dark_Phantom_89
20th October 2010, 06:41 PM
Fat bottom? I'll have you know that it's big-boned. ;)

Qjon - I added you on PSN, so we can sort or match out soon.

TwitchySpitfire
20th October 2010, 07:57 PM
Challenger: your depth at concepts of canon is showing how well you can write with the humor you displayed.

You won that one, hands down. :rock

Challenger #001
21st October 2010, 09:18 PM
Finished my race with Reaper. One word. OUCH.

---

Anulpha Pass: A very close match, almost as close as me vs DreamyElf on Metropia. I had the advantage though of having played the game a bit beforehand (one day I'll get Zone 100, one say!) and was able to keep up for the most part, only finishing about 2 secs behind. Win for Reaper

Vineta K: Nail bitingly close this one, a fantastic race. ^^ Reaper was just a bit too good out of the chicane in the second tunnel and I couldn't bother him up the straight. Win for Reaper.

Ubermall: I never was good at endurance, nor was I ever good at Uber reverse. Got lapped around Lap 15, and DNF'd about five metres from the finish line. Win for Reaper.

Metropia: After a whoops on my part setting weapons, we finished that and got to work on no weps, which I lost badly. My lines just aren't good enough on something as demanding for good racing as Metropia, and finished a good few seconds down the road. Win for Reaper.

Syncopia: Damn, this could have been closer. I hit my own barrier around zone 20 coming off the final stair, and needed to keep my shields up as long as possible. I got Reaper close to the end, but he managed to draw back and boost to 50 while I was still on 41. Win for Reaper.

Pro Tozo: Worst of the Pure 4, at least for me. Never saw Reaper again, and crashed about zone 30. Reaper wins, by a lot.

Amphiseum: By this time, Reaper was up to scratch and I had simply no answer. Easy win for him.

Well done mate, excellent races, especially the first two. And along with Phantom, you're making a significant contribution to the Mirage attempts to get close to FEISAR.

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd October 2010, 10:31 AM
After meeting in the Avalon chat room, IDReaper and myself decided to have a 1 vs 1 match, with the results as follows:

Dark_Phantom_89 (Fury Mirage) Vs IDReaper (Fury Mirage/Assegai)

Dark_Phantom_89's Choices:
Vineta K Reverse, 5 Laps, Weps Off - Dark_Phantom_89
Sol 2 Forward, 5 Laps, Weps Off - Dark_Phantom_89
The Amphiseum Reverse, 5 Laps, Weps Off - Dark_Phantom_89

IDReaper's Choices:
Sebenco Climb Reverse, 5 Laps, Weps Off - Dark_Phantom_89
Modesto Heights Forward, 5 Laps, Weps Off - Dark_Phantom_89
Tech De Ra Forward, 5 Laps, Weps Off - Dark_Phantom_89

Default Track - IDReaper

Final Score: Dark_Phantom_89 6 - 1 IDReaper

Challenger #001
22nd October 2010, 10:58 AM
Phantom, if you really want those points to go to Piranha, I don't mind. >3

Mirage +13
Assegai +1

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd October 2010, 11:16 AM
Is there a place I can find the correct colours for each ship? Could you put one in the first post?

Challenger #001
22nd October 2010, 11:23 AM

That should work. If you still can't see it, fifth post on the main page. Sorry if it's not clear enough. :/

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd October 2010, 11:42 AM
Ok thanks. Sorted. ;)

Challenger #001
22nd October 2010, 12:53 PM
No problem man. And that puts Mirage up in a tie with AG-S for second.

IDReaper
22nd October 2010, 01:57 PM
Nice logs ;D Ah my weakness exposed!:redface:

Again tho, needs to keep my practice up:

I await a challenge!

I will fly Assegai

My tracks will be:
Phantom Race @ Sol 2 Reverse(10 Laps), Weapons On
Phantom Race @ Sebenco Climb Reverse(10 Laps), Weapons On
Phantom Race @ Ubermall Reverse(20 Laps), Weapons On

8)

hacenetchik
23rd October 2010, 01:36 PM
I accept IDReapear challenge! :banzai

My tracks will be:

Sol 2 - Phantom - Weps On (7 Laps)
Anulpha pass reverse- Phantom - Weps On (7 Laps)
The Amphiseum Reverse - Phantom - Weps On (7 Laps)

I will be free to play on sunday evening ID (hope it is still ok for you :hyper)

zero3growlithe
23rd October 2010, 04:05 PM
Race with Jav is complete:)
(there is no movie this time due to Memory Card Full error on my camera:redface: , two first races only recorded)

Zero3Growlithe's tracks:
Metropia "Phantom" - Zero3Growlithe
Vineta K "Phantom" - Javariko
Tech De Ra "Phantom" - Zero3Growlithe (remind me if you won this one, becouse i don't remember)

Javariko's tracks:
Sebenco Climb "Rapier" - Javariko
Chenghou Project Rev "Rapier" - Zero3Growlithe
Ubermall "Zone Battle" - Javariko

Wipeout Zone's track - Zero3Growlithe

Ag-Systems + 4
Harimau + 3

Kyonshi
23rd October 2010, 04:09 PM
Hey Challenger, sorry i didn't replied yet to your invitation! Now that i saw it, i can tell you i will fly Feisar Fury. I will then keep you informed as soon as i can race! We keep in touch ;)

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd October 2010, 05:35 PM
Got my friendly match in with KGB earlier, with the results as follows:

Dark_Phantom_89 (Fury Mirage) Vs KGB1971 (Fury Goteki)

Modesto Heights Forward, 5 Laps, Weps On - Dark_Phantom_89
Metropia Forward, 5 Laps, Weps Off - Dark_Phantom_89

KGB1971's Choices:
The Amphiseum Reverse, 5 Laps, Weps On - KGB1971
Moa Therma Reverse, 5 Laps, Weps Off - Dark_Phantom_89
Vineta K Forward, 5 Laps, Weps On - Dark_Phantom_89

Default Track:
Dark_Phantom_89

Final Scores: Dark_Phantom_89 6 - 1 KGB1971

Thanks for your time mate, it's always great to race with you. :+

KGB
23rd October 2010, 05:47 PM
You to DP. It's great to see how good you are these days :+

Challenger #001
23rd October 2010, 08:48 PM
Sure thing Kyonshi. ^^ Add me on PSN, and we can debate dates.

*adopts BBC commentator voice*
Meanwhile, with that fantastic win, Mirage moves up in the standings to draw with FEISAR, AG-Systems still somewhat trailing behind. Al-Tamassal, Kaet'yrun and Abakan are really pushing that green ship to its' absolute limits! Can Di'Rosso, Ruchiov and So-Gun hold them off? Or will Caluroso, Croshaw and Hitomi catch them up? It's all here, it's all WipEout on 'Float Channel'. And now a mention to our sponsors...

yeldar2097
23rd October 2010, 08:57 PM
Somebody beat DP now please, Phat-Ass Mirage+ needs skinning-down with a rocket or three :nod

:beer

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd October 2010, 11:19 PM
I love you too yeldar. :g

QjonPL and myself will play our match tomorrow. Watch this space for results.

Challenger #001
24th October 2010, 06:01 AM
You two, play nice. XD

Hmmm. Maybe get you fighting P_Denton in a triple Zone Battle...

24th October 2010, 02:39 PM
ahhh hahah Me (Ag Sys Fury) V Ace3Cube (Icarus Fury)

My Tracks
Anulpha Pass Rev Phantom 10 laps : Ace3Cube
Sol2 FWD Phantom 10 laps: Ace3Cube
Metropia Rev Phantom 10 laps: Ace3Cube

Ace3's Tracks:
VinK FWD phantom 10 laps Green Race:Ace3Cube
Ubermall FWD 10laps Phantom Green Race:Ace3Cube
Tech Da Ra REV 5 laps phantom :Ace3Cube

Amphi FWD Rapier 4laps: Ace3Cube

oh no!!!!! :lol
7-0. you too fast :D Oh no its on Video too isnt it? :lol please for the love of god dont watch it :g

I Await a Challenge!
my next challenge i really will use a Goteki. 20 laps venom 3 races anyone?. im serious! :P

TwitchySpitfire
24th October 2010, 03:03 PM
I accept Nut:case's challenge!

I will fly the HD Auricom

My tracks will be:
Flash Race @ Anulpha Pass Rev, Weapons On
Rapier Race @ The Amphiseum Rev, Weapons Off
Zone Battle @ Syncopia, Target 35

:+

(Nut, if you want to do Fury craft I will gladly fly the Fury Auricom)

24th October 2010, 03:04 PM
really.? you really want to do 3, 20 lap venom races? :g carnage! (or seeing as these are ships would that be shipage?)

TwitchySpitfire
24th October 2010, 03:23 PM
We could make it 6, 20 lap Venom races. :twisted

24th October 2010, 03:31 PM
*in Mr Burns Voice* Excellent. it may take a awhile, perhaps we could say do a few races every so often, a long running battle. unless you fancy going straight into it head on

mwhahahahahahahaha :twisted:mr-t

Goteki 45 HD
My Tracks shall be.
Sebenco FWD
Modesto Heights REV
Amphisium REV

all 20 laps venom. ive picked tracks i despise just for a laugh cept Amphi as i think thats the longest, let the madness begin! :nod

TwitchySpitfire
24th October 2010, 04:01 PM
Alright, here are my changes:
Talon's Junction, Reverse
Tech De Ra, Reverse
Sol 2, Forward

I say we do your tracks first one day, then mine another.

24th October 2010, 04:08 PM
*ace venturer laugh* Meh,mehmehmehmeh :lol

Its confirmed, no backing out now:g :blarg

zero3growlithe
24th October 2010, 06:55 PM
You people are mad:nod

I await a challange!

My tracks will be:

Anulpha Pass (Flash) - 20 Laps
Chenghou Project (Flash) - 20 Laps
Ubermall (Flash) - 20 Laps

In that case there will be only 20 laps x 3

SaturnReturn
24th October 2010, 07:05 PM
Is 99 laps possible? I always assumed 20 was the max. for multiplayer.

leungbok
24th October 2010, 07:07 PM
i imagine the challenger would have to achieve a fast lap time ! ;)

Jav
24th October 2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah 20 laps is maximum for MP...

zero3growlithe
24th October 2010, 07:18 PM
Really? I've never checked it...

TwitchySpitfire
24th October 2010, 10:53 PM
Guys, 20 laps on Venom 1v1 is completely awesome and demonic. I was down 11 seconds to Nutcase on Modesto Heights (Rev) after going kaboom. I crawled back and won with a 3 second lead. :eek

Dark_Phantom_89
24th October 2010, 11:27 PM
Dark_Phantom_89 (Fury Mirage) Vs QjonPL (Fury Feisar)

Modesto Heights Forward, 5 Laps, Weps On - Dark_Phantom_89
Vineta K Reverse, 5 Laps, Weps Off - Dark_Phantom_89

QjonPL's Choices:
Metropia Reverse, 5 Laps, Weps On - Dark_Phantom_89
Modesto Heights Reverse, 5 Laps, Weps On - Dark_Phantom_89
Sol 2 Forward, 5 Laps, Weps On - Dark_Phantom_89

Default Track:
Dark_Phantom_89

Final scores: Dark_Phantom_89 7 - 0 QjonPL

It was a great challenge and was a lot closer than it looks.

Ace3cube
25th October 2010, 11:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6765D87BDA4D30FE
Here my videos from the meeting between nutcase & me.
nutcase play very well (since june if i remember) O.O
A dangerous pilot is coming ;)

25th October 2010, 11:49 AM
ARGHHH NO!!! :lol

dont watch plz :redface:
actually thers some sweet editing in there, good job :+

also i found a song that pretty much sums up the Modesto endurance race twitchy :lol

everyone must listen to it during the reading of the post match report when its put up. i think 20 lap races deserve some sort of large race report. with fancy language, and maybe pictures? no? :g

any way the suitably epic song >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LZcMv0H1bI

hheheheh.
still 4 races to go!

Jav
25th October 2010, 03:03 PM
I await a challenge

Preferably against someone who can record the match because I'm trying to convince a mate of mine to buy Wipeout. He wants to see some 1-on-1 action involving me. So would be cool if anyone's up for it :)

Single Race Weapons ON, Vineta K, *any speed class*, 20 laps
Zone Battle, Anulpha Pass, Target 55
Single Race Weapons ON, Sebenco Climb, Rapier, 5 laps

Cheers :D

Ace3cube
25th October 2010, 03:07 PM
It's funny to see that somes pilots like enduro races ;)
Keep it alive \o/

yeldar2097
25th October 2010, 03:29 PM
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Endurance ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Jav
25th October 2010, 03:34 PM
It's lovely to find the balance between risk & reward :p

Ace3cube
25th October 2010, 03:49 PM
yeah true :)

QjonPL
25th October 2010, 03:50 PM
Racing with D_P_89 was a great experience: he outran me for about 1 sec at the beginning of almost every race and maintained the lead for the rest of the run; really stable and smooth driving, my poor little Feisar could do nothing with higher class opponent :) Even theoretical Feisar's handicap on Sol2 didn't help me (3 times Sol2 fwd, bleeeeh :D ).
In the meantime...

I await a challenge!

My tracks will be (all weps on):

Amphi Rev (Phantom)
Vineta K fwd (Phantom)
Ubermall Rev (Phantom)

Jav, I'd accept your challenge, but I couldn't record our possible races; would that be a problem to you?

Challenger #001
27th October 2010, 10:07 AM
Qjon, I'll take you up on that. ;3

QjonPL (Fury AG-Systems) vs Challenger #001 (Fury Qirex)

Qjon's Choice:

Amphiseum Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: QjonPL
Vineta K Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: QjonPL
Ubermall Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons On: QjonPL

Challenger's Choice:

Tech De Ra Fwd, Phantom Race, Weapons On: QjonPL
Anulpha Pass Rev, Phantom Race, Weapons Off, 10 Laps: QjonPL

Standard Race:

Amphiseum Fwd, Rapier Race, Weapons On: Challenger #001

Kyonshi
27th October 2010, 12:08 PM
Challenger, we could play ours tonite. I could be online at 6pm (11pm for you). Is that too late?

Challenger #001
27th October 2010, 01:11 PM
Eeeeh, I think it should be allright...

I'm going to a debate at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers at 6 my time, and no idea how long it'll be for and when I get back to Uxbridge. But I'll sign on and do some warmups if I've got time, and then I'll be ready to send you back to Canadia, where the Canadans come from. ;)

yeldar2097
27th October 2010, 01:19 PM
It's lovely to find the balance between risk & reward :p

So true. I have a dream of 20 laps, no weps, 6BRs and 10% shield remaining at the end :rock

Challenger #001
27th October 2010, 01:31 PM
@Yeldar

Syncopia? Give Leungbok a challenge when you get back home. ;3

yeldar2097
27th October 2010, 01:36 PM
Nah - OBH witnessed me doing a 9% finish on Chenghou/F when he was at mine. I blame the 1% loss on him pressuring me. Him and his bloody scrambled eggs :P

Maybe a Pristine finish on MoaR, that'd be lovely too :)

OBH
27th October 2010, 01:41 PM
I never read this thread and look what i find, yeldar givin me grief :)

He's lying about CP by the way. He just thinks he's good at wipeout ;):+

yeldar2097
27th October 2010, 02:20 PM
Cheeky so-and-so

:beer

QjonPL
27th October 2010, 09:28 PM
QjonPL (Fury FEISAR) vs Challenger #001 (Fury Qirex)

No Feisar this time, I'm trying out Mirage ;p

Challenger #001
27th October 2010, 09:57 PM
Oh, bloody hell, not another one. :p

And finished my match with Kyonshi. Great flying man. ^^

Anulpha Pass: I got the early lead on this one, but after the crest Kyonshi hit me with a clip of cannon rounds and took the lead. My pickups consisted almost entirely of shields from then on and I had no hope of catching the guy. Win for Kyonshi.

Modesto Heights: Kyonshi took the lead into the underground section, but I reeled him back in with a missile. He hit me with one of his own exiting the tunnels and retook the lead, beginning his attempts to bomb or mine me to death in the narrow bits. All praise to the LT-01's handling for keeping me out of those, and two missiles later I had my lead. Win for me.

Vineta K: A few issues here. I boosted off the track on the first lap and ended up 5 seconds behind Kyonshi. A well-timed boost and roll on the second lap put me back in contention though, until Kyonshi seemed to get himself impaled on a piece of the scenery. Unfortunately for me, I was unable to capitalise on this win with a boost off the track on the final lap, meaning I got overtaken in sight of the chequered flag. Win for Kyonshi

Talon's Junction: The Can Man let all his anger fly free as he shot off into the distance here, leaving me with absolutely nothing to do but dodge the occasional smatter of mines he laid down. Win for Kyonshi

Tech De Ra: I missed the first speed pad and lost my lead, meaning that Kyonshi had time to lay down a barrier and catch me on the first boost. I had to work hard to catch up after that, but despite a trip to AG-heaven through one of Kyo's barriers, I pulled out to hit Zone 40 before him. Win for me.

Mallavol: Kyo tried to get me at the start with a barrier laid down behind him, but I dodged it and went soaring on ahead. I got blown up once by one of Kyo's barriers, but then he got hit by one as well and left me free to take the lead. Win for me.

Amphiseum: Again, an absolute walkover from Kyo. What I want to know was what part of the FEISAR he was keeping all those mines in. Win for Kyo

Kyonshi
28th October 2010, 03:15 AM
After this challenge, i will plead to declare WipEout as a real and official sport. This ****ing game is so mentally exhausting it becomes physically grueling as well. :eek

Not to mention that it should come with discounts on anger management therapy, on purchase...:brickwall

Mr Phlanj
28th October 2010, 03:50 AM
or rubber controlers so that they can survive being thrown at the wall :P

29th October 2010, 04:53 PM
DUNNNNN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUND UNDUUUUUN DUNDUN

Nutcase:259 & Twitchy Spitfire in:.....

the venom 20 lap endurance showdown!!!!!!!!!

Nutcase:259 in the Goteki 45 HD
TwitchSpitfire in: the Auricom HD

Nut's Races
Race 1!
Sebenco Climb Weapons on 20 laps Venom: Making use of the funky yellow digger's rampant thrust i quickly took the upper hand going into the first corner but the Auricom returned with a barrage of missiles and it was neck a neck, mano a mano for many of the laps, many of which i can no longer remember, i crossed the line first and took the all important 1st victory!

Winner Nut

Race 2 to the tune of :lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LZcMv0H1bI&feature=related :lol
Modesto Heights rev WO 20L V: (which should go down as the epic'est come back ever. in the history or anything.)
i fired a missile and hit Twitch *contender eliminated* 16second advantage going into what like lap 7? then i appeared to have what could only be described as a total utter cock up, i dont even know what happened my massive advantage evaporated as the Auricom slowly chugged past me up the hill on lap 17 "b*llocks"

Winner Twitchy (that was incredible, i wish it was filmed)

Race 3
Amphi Rev WO 20L V
Not as much of a humongous mishap as the last, but i remember it was tight all the way through, i just nicked the win if i remember correctly
winner Nut

2-1

Twitchys Races

Race 4:
Talons rev venom 20 laps weapons on:
Oh dear...

Winner Twitchy (by some margin, you took the lead and seemingly never looked back)

Race 5:
Tech Dar Ra V20L WO:

Essentially the same as the last race except the other way around. too many Speed boosts ruined it me thinks

Winner Nut

Race 6:
Sol2 Fwd:

i took the lead and thought it would as simple as the previous races judging by the 7 second gap. then with about 3 laps to go. suddenly you were right on my tale. going into the 1st corner you just took the lead on the penultimate lap. i could see you had a speed boost. and thought $***. i quickly nabbed the weapon pad and got the Machine gun. a fired an absolute ton of shots into you on the crest of the hill, just enough to force you off track, sorry bout that btw

Winner Nut

Default Race
Amphi FWD 20 laps venom weapons on
i think you took the lead here and i had to crawl my way back and passed you about halfway through to take the final win.

Winner Nut

Nut 5- 2 Twitchy

Epic Races. Must do that again

Jav
29th October 2010, 05:07 PM
Seriously 20 venom laps must be uber relaxing. I'll play you. XD

29th October 2010, 05:16 PM
relaxing?!?! its pretty much neck a neck for the majority of the race :cold

Your on!

TwitchySpitfire
30th October 2010, 03:48 PM
Race 2 to the tune of :lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LZcMv0H1bI&feature=related :lol
Modesto Heights rev WO 20L V: (which should go down as the epic'est come back ever. in the history or anything.)
i fired a missile and hit Twitch *contender eliminated* 16second advantage going into what like lap 7? then i appeared to have what could only be described as a total utter cock up, i dont even know what happened my massive advantage evaporated as the Auricom slowly chugged past me up the hill on lap 17 "b*llocks"

Winner Twitchy (that was incredible, i wish it was filmed)

Pick your choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LZcMv0H1bI&feature=related
or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8foTMjFqIk

It should be noted that a 16 second lead going 500~ KM/h is no easy feat to recover from. You ended our tugging match early on with that elimination coming into the first corner after lap 7. Considering how equal our battles were, this moment forced me to shoulder a burden.

I was dazed. Contender eliminated. My sense of speed was removed. I almost gave in, but I had to (at least) keep going. My passion for racing does not exist internally if I stop moving forward, no matter how far I am behind, or how damning my efforts would be. I felt no sense of urgency since the will to compete was flailed from the destruction of the craft. Internal strife kept me slow for the few laps ahead. A strangling of speed impeded, or seemed to at the very least, progression. I then, for whatever bizarre reason, went into a fixation of my sub-consciousness. I repealed the notion of "Contender Eliminated." I increased the throttle, since it was all that was left. I kept judging my line, the speed pads I missed, then the ones I needed to hit.

Sooner than I realized, I was acquiring a flurry of Speed Boosts. I just kept smoldering each lap; I may as well have created a scorching racing line (I'm sure Nut could attest to this, as he saw his gap come down).

Inevitably, I did catch Nut. I used one missile on him, slowing him down as we came over the top of the hill, and I kept going. The crowd and the atmosphere on track seemed to shift so swiftly, that Nut could not even comprehend the change. Yet, I barely made the recognition of that change. My furious consciousness sped ahead, an invisible afterburner that had no mention of failing, and I opened a three second lead to take the finish.

As much as I take feeble credit of this effort, my mind is conflicted as to ponder why the Auricom ship seemed so... demonic? I'm fairly certain the ship had at least 50% to account for this particular event.

Thus, this thought leads me to our not-as-epic-but-bizarre-epic race in Sol 2. This also preludes our Talon's Junction race, but Nut concluded it already. The Auricom went demonic and ballistic again.

Sol 2, as anyone knows, is speed-diculous. A 7-8 second lead is almost like a quantum leap, and hard to get back. Yet, the Auricom did the exact same kind of burn and pound charge. This time, I didn't have many Speed Boosts, but when I did I used them on the crest of the hill (where I inevitably also lost the race). Nut, what I did was a barrel roll after the Speed Boost and landed right behind you.

The fact that I lost the race didn't tear me as much how it was ended. It also ended a 3-3 record going into the 7th race, so that was disappointing within a spectator mindset.

30th October 2010, 09:57 PM
yes i saw the gap comming down thinking *godamn it i DONT need another shied !!!!!!!" And in Sol2 i was totally unawear as i guess you did the BR shortcut thing, but i shot u down mwhahahaha!

if we could limit the amount of speed boosts it would be much better as you wouldent get races where one bloke/blokette gets about 100 speed boosts and the other get 100 shields :P

that said you absolutely mugged me off on ModestO :lol fair play, you should take full credit for the epicness :+

xtriko
30th October 2010, 10:12 PM
I'm soo drukn right now! yeah! my brolther little 4years made! i challenge now anyone for 1oon 1 drunk pattle! hell yeah! 'im no t playing wip3oud for a hwile now and it wslebe legen... wait for it... dayry...! ahaha PM me on psn ahaha

ps. oops, i forgot my ps3 was off. now'm on! ahaha

30th October 2010, 10:32 PM
My drunk to english text converter doesn't work as well when im not in the aforementioned 'state'
especially this paart "nd it wslebe legen... wait for it... dayr"
:lol
Yes i will

Jav
31st October 2010, 01:12 AM
Lol that's priceless from xtriko, drunk Portuguese strikes again XD

TwitchySpitfire
31st October 2010, 01:39 AM
yes i saw the gap comming down thinking *godamn it i DONT need another shied !!!!!!!" And in Sol2 i was totally unawear as i guess you did the BR shortcut thing, but i shot u down mwhahahaha!

if we could limit the amount of speed boosts it would be much better as you wouldent get races where one bloke/blokette gets about 100 speed boosts and the other get 100 shields :P

that said you absolutely mugged me off on ModestO :lol fair play, you should take full credit for the epicness :+

Thanks dude. I think we should do this again; it feels like a friendly rival vs rival competition. Though, I may suggest we come up with more of the epic track layout and ship match-up. Goteki 45 vs Auricom was awesome.

31st October 2010, 07:09 PM
didnt actually get round to racing Xtriko. although the conversation beforehand was certainly interesting :lol

dunno what happened after... :lol

and yes twitchy, but what can we do thats better than Auri v Goteki?

TwitchySpitfire
31st October 2010, 07:41 PM
Mirage vs AG-Systems?

31st October 2010, 07:44 PM
cool.

or Icarus V Piranha.

or maybe all 4 together :lol

4player 20 lap venom races would be quite epic

Challenger #001
31st October 2010, 08:00 PM
I was going to say Triakis vs Assegai? And what's everyone's view on maybe opening this for 2v2 challenges, considering the Doubles League doesn't look like it's going ahead in the near future?

By the way, I'm kind of feeling mad, so I await a challenge!

I will fly the HD EG-X

My tracks will be:

Amphiseum Forward, Flash Race, Weapons On, 12 Laps
Anulpha Pass Forward, Phantom Race, Weapons Off
Syncopia, Zone Battle, Target 50

yeldar2097
31st October 2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah you'll change to EG-X HD, end of.

kthxbai

:)

Jav
31st October 2010, 11:29 PM
Get back to uni work Yeldar. :beer

yeldar2097
1st November 2010, 12:17 AM
Nothing stands in my way when it comes to boycotting the worst thing ever to grace the tracks of HD....or even SD.

:banzai

SaturnReturn
1st November 2010, 12:20 AM
ericd7m was kicking my arse in the Fury EG-X earlier on. :( But then I got warmed up and got my revenge.:twisted

TwitchySpitfire
1st November 2010, 01:59 AM
What's so bad about the EG-X Yeldar?

yeldar2097
1st November 2010, 02:26 AM
HD Version - :rock
Fury Version - :turd

That's the heavily abridged version. Don't ask for the full story, you'd be reading it for weeks. ;)

Mr Phlanj
1st November 2010, 07:35 AM
i thought i should challenge someone now i have WOHD and it might aswel be against one of the big guns.

BRING IT ON LEUNGBOK!!! YOU AND YOUR GOATEE ARE GOING DOWN!!!

leungbok
1st November 2010, 09:07 AM
Lol !
Ok, make your choice ! ;)

Challenger #001
1st November 2010, 03:00 PM
@Twitchy

After my own research, I think I agree with Yeldar... apart from looks, the HD version seems to be both a bit more planted on the ground, but lighter and easier to get into the air and barrel roll. And the sheer height of the Fury version means that cornering in nose cam becomes rather frightening.

Mr Phlanj
1st November 2010, 04:10 PM
ok leungboks here we go.

I'll use the Fury Mirage

#1 Flash eliminator on Talons Junction reverse (im unsure if a 200 point target would take too long)
#2 Phantom endurance on Sol 2 forward
#3 Phantom race on Metropia reverse, weapons on

after tonight i have 4 nights off (i work 4 nights on and then 4 nights off each week) so let me know when your ready to loose BWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

leungbok
1st November 2010, 05:48 PM
Flash eliminator and endurance ??? damn you !! :brickwall
;)

I'll use ag-system hd

my choice :
tech de ra fwd
metropia reverse
modesto reverse
all phantom, weapon off :robot

Mr Phlanj
2nd November 2010, 06:45 AM
ok cool but just because its all weapons off dosnt mean its going to be as easy as your TTs :P apart from modesto because i suck balls at that track :D

so umm....what now. im free tonight if you are.

also im going to have a look for my camara so i can make i 1st WOHD video :D

leungbok
2nd November 2010, 06:52 AM
let's try tonight then ! ;)

Mr Phlanj
2nd November 2010, 07:01 AM
sweet :D

I was thinking about 7 - 7:30 (gmt) if thats ok with you

leungbok
2nd November 2010, 07:28 AM
too early for me ! I should be back at home around 21.00 GMT
Is 21h30 good for you ?

Mr Phlanj
2nd November 2010, 07:48 AM
thats fine by me mate.

bwuhaha! you wont have any pratice from when you get in to when you face me :evil

leungbok
2nd November 2010, 08:08 AM
It will equalize a bit the chances then ! :P

Mr Phlanj
2nd November 2010, 08:13 AM
oh snap!

OBH
2nd November 2010, 08:34 AM
Equalize his chances Leungbok?? Maybe if you go in blindfolded and with one hand :beer

Mr Phlanj
2nd November 2010, 02:53 PM
to stand a chance i just have to get to france and cut off his gottee.

(its where he draws his power from)

Challenger #001
2nd November 2010, 07:49 PM
Finished my races with Qjon.

1) Amphiseum Rev: A close one, this after a buggy start when Qjon tried to host. I got Qjon early with a missile and stayed that way until lap 4, when he got me with one himself. I tried to turbo away from the slow start only to hit the wall again, and then bounce into his bomb. Win for Qjon.

2) Vineta K Fwd: Close off the line, but that AG-S could handle well and pulled away from me. Win for Qjon.

3) Ubermall Rev: Never been that good at this track and Qjon could easily BR his way in front of me. I had no answer despite a bomb that almost caught him coming through the tunnel. Win for Qjon.

4) Tech De Ra Fwd: One that Qjon definitely didn't deserve. He lag-rammed me off the track at turn one, lap one, and didn't bother to apologise afterwards. Win for Qjon.

5) Anulpha Pass Rev: Stupidly missed some BRs, and Qjon just got ahead and won. I don't think having my heavier stuff on track and another ****ing advert for 'Due Date' just before the race helped my concentration though. Win for Qjon.

6) Corridon 12: He showed a lot more skill here than most of you do, I'll give him that. He rammed me twice to try and get rid of my perfect laps, and it was a close run thing to the finish, with only about five zones in it at the end. Win for me.

7) Amphiseum Fwd: Qjon tried some sort of stunt at the beginning of the race and got what he deserved for trying to show off - fell of the track and ended three seconds behind me. Take that. Win for me.

AG-S +5
Qirex +2

leungbok
2nd November 2010, 07:56 PM
to stand a chance i just have to get to france and cut off his gottee.

(its where he draws his power from)

False! It comes from my armpit hair ! ;)
I sent you a psn's friend invit on my BADTEST account ! :)

KGB
2nd November 2010, 08:03 PM
4) Tech De Ra Fwd: One that Qjon definitely didn't deserve. He lag-rammed me off the track at turn one, lap one, and didn't bother to apologise afterwards. Win for Qjon.

I doubt that he would of even known he rammed you off the track mate, there might of been a collision on your screen but not on his.

QjonPL
2nd November 2010, 08:14 PM
He lag-rammed me off the track at turn one, lap one, and didn't bother to apologise afterwards.
As I wrote you, from my POV you rammed into my side, that's why I was asking you after the race about falling off the track... :/

He rammed me twice to try and get rid of my perfect laps
Again, I haven't experienced any contact between us...
It's the first time someone's accusing me of hard-lagging, I've hardly ever experienced such issues with anyone, our connections must not like themselves ;3

leungbok
2nd November 2010, 08:17 PM
I calculated gmt by reverse :brickwall !
ok see you later in the evening then ! :paperbag

Mr Phlanj
2nd November 2010, 10:21 PM
so i lost 6 - 0 i'll you next time :evil

leungbok
2nd November 2010, 10:31 PM
ok lol. That was fun races ! :beer

Challenger #001
2nd November 2010, 11:14 PM
Can one of you post a neat copy of the results please?

Jav
3rd November 2010, 12:27 AM
It's true that whenever you are 'ramming' into someone else you don't even realize. Ramming is not what it looks, it is actually caused by lag. So I have to protect Qjon here. He's a good player as well.

leungbok
3rd November 2010, 06:27 AM
Can one of you post a neat copy of the results please?

Mr Phlanj's choice :
talon reverse eliminator flash (target 200) : leungbok
sol2 fwd phantom no weapon endurance (20 laps) : leungbok
metropia reverse weapon on phantom 5 laps : leungbok

leungbok's choice :
tech de ra fwd : leungbok
modesto reverse : leungbok
metropia reverse : leungbok
all phantom, 5 laps weapon off

kanar's choice :
sol2 fwd rapier weapon on : Mr Phlanj

ag-system HD is faster than mirage fury :P

Mr Phlanj
3rd November 2010, 12:46 PM
1 win in 7 isnt so bad :D

every race i was 1 to 2 seconds behind. apart from leungboks metropia where i was about 5 seconds behind :P and leungbok won the eliminator by about 50 points :D

UB3R~JKP
3rd November 2010, 01:23 PM
Well i',m 0-2 In one-on-one challenges so far, figured I might as well try to get a win :/

I AWAIT A CHALLENGE!!!!!

Feisar Fury
1st track: Amphi FWD Phantom
2nd Track; Moa Therma FWD Phantom
3rd Track: Vineta K FWD Phantom

QjonPL
3rd November 2010, 01:42 PM
I accept UB3R's challenge :)

AG-S Fury
All weps on, phantom.
Metropia Rev
Anulpha Pass Rev
Modesto Rev

OBH
3rd November 2010, 07:31 PM
ag-system HD is faster than mirage fury :P

Blasphemy.

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd November 2010, 07:41 PM
Listen to OBH, he speaks words of wisdom and truth.

OBH
3rd November 2010, 07:45 PM
Great minds think alike :) Something about having your birthday on the 5th June i suppose DP :beer

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd November 2010, 07:49 PM
Hahaha yep, it also appears that great minds share the same birthday too. :g

yeldar2097
3rd November 2010, 08:04 PM
They may think alike but they don't act alike: last time I saw you OBH you were pansying about in EG-X Fury. No wonder everything was such a fail that weekend :P

Or you could cave and blame the internet :g

Colonel
3rd November 2010, 08:13 PM
I await a challenge!

Fury AG_Systems

Eliminator: 200 limit - Metropia (fwd), Rapier class.
Zone Batttle: 50 limit - Protozo
Zone Battle: 50 limit - Corridon 12.

May not be around tonight but tomorrow evening's looking promising :)

OBH
3rd November 2010, 10:37 PM
They may think alike but they don't act alike: last time I saw you OBH you were pansying about in EG-X Fury. No wonder everything was such a fail that weekend :P

Or you could cave and blame the internet :g

Andybob will vouch for me; my word there was some wierd stuff going on while playing online with your Tesco's value internet. :)

Hearing you talk about "being in a position on the track the game doesnt recognise in order to avoid barging" was not an aspect of wipeout ive ever needed to understand before :g

hacenetchik
3rd November 2010, 11:20 PM
IDReaper Mirage Fury vs hacenetchik Assegai fury

Phantom Race @ Sol 2 Reverse (10 Laps), Weapons On IDReaper
Phantom Race @ Sebenco Climb Reverse (10 Laps), Weapons On IDReaper
Phantom Race @ Ubermall Reverse (20 Laps), Weapons On IDReaper
Phantom Race @ Sol 2 (7 Laps), Weapons OnIDReaper
Phantom Race @ Anulpha Pass Reverse(7 Laps), Weapons On hacenetchik
Phantom Race @ Amphiseum Revers(7 Laps), Weapons On hacenetchik
Round 7
Phantom Race @ Talon Jo(7 Laps), Weapons On hacenetchik

IDReaper win! Big thanks to him for this match!
I still don’t have sufficient nerves to race 20 laps under top pilot pressure...and IDReaper was reaally fast !!

Congrat to him!

It seems like that mirage ships are spreading like green aliens of “mars attack” and winning all over , please someone stop them lol

Challenger #001
4th November 2010, 09:33 AM
+4 for Mirage and +3 for Assegai. It's seriously becoming a three-horse race at the front of the field. I might have to suspend those three from the league for a week or two. :P

And to all people, I know it might be a little bit confusing despite all my previous attempts to indicate it in the first post and every single race report from about a month ago onwards but please remember, the standard race os:

AMPHISEUM FORWARD, RAPIER RACE, WEAPONS ON, 4 LAPS

Got it?

Colonel
4th November 2010, 02:14 PM
For how long exactly? It's just that it might get a bit boring for people doing Amphiseum over and over again...

Challenger #001
4th November 2010, 04:22 PM
For as long as I see fit. Given that a lot of people had problems when I tried to switch from Anulpha to Vineta earlier, I thought the more straightforward I make it the better. And is one Amphiseum race going to make you that bored? I chose it because as tracks go, it's a fairly safe one with not too many cheeky BR attempts but a lot more going for it than say Talon's Junction. If you don't like the way I'm trying to organise everyone into friendly matches with a level playing ground, please feel free to leave.

Colonel
4th November 2010, 05:25 PM
Oh come on there's no need to be like that, I was only messing :)

TwitchySpitfire
4th November 2010, 06:58 PM
@Twitchy

After my own research, I think I agree with Yeldar... apart from looks, the HD version seems to be both a bit more planted on the ground, but lighter and easier to get into the air and barrel roll. And the sheer height of the Fury version means that cornering in nose cam becomes rather frightening.

After my own testing and speed gauging of the Fury EG-X, I actually like the Fury version more than the HD, though I have to admit EG-X seems to be the sleeper craft of the entire game (this is my own conceptual belief, though). I think I'll have to push the Fury version in some Phantom races and see how I do.

Challenger #001
5th November 2010, 12:37 AM
Well, EG-X still has no points, so might be an idea to get a score going. ;3

And Gadaffi, edit your post to remove the high caps please. It's kind of difficult to think you're just being silly when you're bold-facedly making fun of me.

Dark_Phantom_89
5th November 2010, 12:58 AM
Well I had an absolute shocker of a WipEout night, so I'm going to try and redeem myself.

I await a challenge!

My choices will be:
Metropia Forward, Weps Off
Sol 2 Reverse, Weps Off
Vineta K Forward, Weps On

All Phantom speed and 5 Laps.