PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a favorite/least favorite zone colour?

Nutcase:259
5th September 2010, 12:10 PM
dunno about you but i think the colours affect me :g

for example when i get to mach 1 on Syncopia i always screw up at least part of the lap. i think its because when i play zone im always looking at the lines on the track and making sure i never cross them, but on mach 1 theres like a white reflection across the track that merges into those lines and i find it much harder. its a relief when i make it to supersonic and all the pretty colours come back :dizzy

my favourite's subsonic on syncopia. the red lines on the black are awesome. either that or the zone where it all goes gold :D

anyone else have a fave?

PS. i also think it would have been incredible if like choosing a ship skin. you could choose the 'track skin' for online races. so you could race using one of the zone colours :D (so long as its not mach one :P)

Dark_Phantom_89
5th September 2010, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 is the worst zone for me, not because of the speed, but due to the colour. The blackness (is that a word?) of the track makes it really difficult to see the walls and I usually always mess up because of it.

My favourite has to be Supersonic on Anulpha Pass. When I first saw it I thought "wow, now THAT is a nice colour." I found Syncopia's Supersonic to be good too, but Anulpha just clinches it.

5th September 2010, 12:20 PM
i thought the supersonic might be the same colour for all tracks...
if its not the case then i wonder what supersonic chengou project looks like? :blarg

Whizawk
5th September 2010, 12:47 PM
I haven't played zone mode for awhile but I'm sure that there's a green and black one I liked.

DreamyElf
5th September 2010, 02:09 PM
i totally agree with you nutcase :)
i hate mach1, its just to dark to see...
in fact when i've done my pb at syncopia i did only one perf lap during mach1 and 4 during supersonic!
but eventually you memorize the tracks and the turn through the corners automatically imo...

subsonic is my fav too, since red and black are my fav colours ;)

LurifaxFlux
5th September 2010, 03:41 PM
My favourite is Supersonic on Syncopia :g
Second comes acid green a.k.a. Super-Phantom :)

Chet_BG
5th September 2010, 03:49 PM
Sub-rapier on Syncopia. I love the green and pink. I'm not sure if it's the same on other tracks, I haven't played zone in a while.
Also in Detonator I think it it was Rapier or Sub-Phantom. Pink track with Blue mines, That's my favorite there.
And least favorite is Mach 1, as everyone it seems. It's stylish...ish, but a little hard to see...

Aeroracer
5th September 2010, 04:02 PM
i like the black track with the red track markings most.
i also like zone zeus on syncopia the golden colours are nice.

5th September 2010, 04:06 PM
perhaps they made mach one to put people off and stop them getting high scores? :P

its the same for all tracks right?
think ive only managed it on syncopia. so hopefully someone else knows

JFthebestJan
5th September 2010, 04:42 PM
all 12 regular tracks have the same zone colours.
the 12 reverse tracks have the same zone colours too, but in a reverse order.

regular mach1 = reverse sub-venom.

just supersonic is the same colour on all 12 regular and all 12 reverse tracks.

the 4 zone-only tracks(pure4) have their own zone colours, but similar to the regular colours, except supersonic.

Darkdrium777
5th September 2010, 05:03 PM
You should check out my album (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=99) here if you're wondering what the colours look like. I have them all except for the starter ones (But you don't race on them.)

Kyonshi
5th September 2010, 06:30 PM
I always feel great when i enter Zen and Super-Zen Zones. The calmness of the color scheme is so relaxing, haha! :D A bit strange from me to say this when Zone Mode is one of the most demanding psychologically :P

IndoorSnowStorm
5th September 2010, 07:48 PM
I absolutely hate Flash zone colors on the Pure Four. The purple and green don't seem to mix very well, but the visibility is fine. My favorite zone that I have been to so far (I only got to Mach 1, Zone 66) would be Sub-Phantom on the Pure Four. I also like the Supersonic zone on the normal tracks, based on Darkdrium's pics. Oh, do the Stage colors for Detonator count?

silverfoxy
5th September 2010, 08:40 PM
I used to like the supersonic colour on the reverse tracks before they changed it. Personally, I found it a lot easier on rev AP to get further (it was just a different sort of blue to the current mach1) in supersonic than I do now.

The white of the supersonic on the pure4 after the blackness (it is a word DP) of Mach1 is a relief for the eyes.

Cyberio
6th September 2010, 02:08 PM
Supersonic in the original HD tracks, and... subvenom is pretty too (i like the blue colour).
The worst is the rapier, very intense red so i can't see very well the track.

gordo1974
6th September 2010, 03:41 PM
I always feel great when i enter Zen and Super-Zen Zones. The calmness of the color scheme is so relaxing, haha! :D A bit strange from me to say this when Zone Mode is one of the most demanding psychologically :P

Absolutely. I could cruise round zen all day. I too feel a sense of calm come over me when I hit zen. The exact opposite of the panic with mach 1:blarg

IndoorSnowStorm
6th September 2010, 06:35 PM
I too feel a sense of calm come over me when I hit zen.
Then again, zen is a sense of calmness. Here's the definition from Dictionary.com

Noun
introduced into China in the 6th century a.d. and into Japan in the 12th century, that emphasizes enlightenment for the student by the most direct possible means, accepting formal studies and observances only when they form part of such means.

Obviously, it's called zen for a reason.

Challenger #001
6th September 2010, 08:39 PM
I love the white and gold of Supersonic Syncopia, but I do love Super-Zen, and Super-Phantom has a nice rewarding golden sheen about it.

I have to admit though, I really really like Flash - the yellow and blue reminds me of lemon and blueberry jelly. *drool* If they had a pink and white one I'd be weak at the knees thinking about Eton Mess all the time.

someguy789
7th September 2010, 04:59 PM
I've always found it hard to see on rapier (on normal tracks) but I like all the black and white ones as they're easy on the eyes

SeanParris
8th September 2010, 06:38 PM
For me it's Subsonic, as I love a red/black colour scheme. Also like the gold on Supersonic Syncopia and the dark Black/Blue on Supersonic Anulpha Pass. But you've gotta say, all the colours are pretty stunning tbh!

Lazokaeи
1st October 2010, 08:25 PM
I hate Rapier. OMFG so horrible.

I love the RED / WHITE / BLACK of Venom (Z2) and Subsonic (Z50).