PDA

View Full Version : Map shortcuts?

RiPPeRZz
1st September 2010, 05:54 PM
Does anyone here know of any shortcuts in maps?

I would love to find out some of them (if any), because some of the WipEout HD campaign (Original) on elite is almost impossible (one time trial took me probably somewhere around 80-100 tries before - To my deep satisfaction - I got a gold medal.

Any one got any facts or ideas? :)

P.S. I'm currently on the "Speed Freak" campaign Grid on elite difficulty.

Zone and Speed laps are easy, some of the time trials, single races and tournaments are tediously annoying (very, very annoying :L)

leungbok
1st September 2010, 06:00 PM
There's some little shortcuts on some tracks, look at the videos in saturn's link... and practice ! ;)

SaturnReturn
1st September 2010, 06:00 PM
There are lots of shortcuts. Videos are the best place to start. I never got very far with the video group, but it should direct you to some user accounts with good videos as a starter:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=105

Whizawk
1st September 2010, 06:03 PM
Videos are probably the way foward, he's an ubermall one I found which shows most of the shortcuts on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23V18K40XV0

mdhay
1st September 2010, 08:32 PM
There's no "Maps" here. :g

Best thing you can do is try anywhere on the tracks that made it from pulse that would have been a shortcut. :D

blackwiggle
1st September 2010, 11:47 PM
There are 2 shortcuts on Ubermall forward, 1 on Ubermall reverse, 1 on Chenghou reverse.[look for TT or SL videos of those tracks to see where they can be done]
Those are the main legitimate ones, others are known about but their use is frowned on because they are considered glitches and they screw up the record tables.
Other than that it's all about knowing where you can barrel roll, at what speed, if a turbo is needed and what line to take to get into the needed position.
Some of us are just crap at doing BR's [me :frown:], other can manage to do them just about anywhere, you would be surprised of the sheer number places found mainly by Piraphaic, Leungbok and Yelder [it was close to 200 over all the tracks last time I counted]

RiPPeRZz
2nd September 2010, 08:15 AM
There's no "Maps" here. :g

Best thing you can do is try anywhere on the tracks that made it from pulse that would have been a shortcut. :D

Lol I'm used to playing Actions games, you can tell ;) lol