PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play online anymore?

Relequestual
21st August 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi all,

Just found this forum by chance from when I used to use it before! Haven't been on here for near on 2 years! haha!

My PSP basically won't charge or my power supply is busted; haven't been bothered to work out which yet. Does anyone still play online or does everyone play on wipeout HD on ps3 now days? I don't have a ps3...

I remember being so darn good at this game, and also how long it takes and how much practice is required! darn it!

Darkdrium777
21st August 2010, 07:57 PM
Hi, welcome back!

There are a few diehard players who still duke it out online, but it's best to try and arrange a meeting to have the most players. Unfortunately logging on randomly will not yield the best results anymore.

A lot of folks play WipEout HD though, with the Fury add-on. You might want to look into that if you're even remotely interested ;)

SaturnReturn
21st August 2010, 08:09 PM
Welcome back.

Check the last few pages of the 'Online Meetings' thread for an idea of who plays and when:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4322

Also, no matter how good you were, even if you pick it up again now and are just as good, be prepared to be shocked by how good some of the guys are that still play this game. I'm always amazed by the extent to which people can continuously improve and push the boundaries of what can be achieved in WipEout games.

NiktheGreek
22nd August 2010, 09:35 PM
My word. You are totally right! I've just started playing online, and after having some good matches with GDX-WaRHead and the like, I'm being totally thrashed by TropicMoon10 and AlbinoAce. Must practice every day!

TropicMoon10
22nd August 2010, 10:24 PM
There you are!!! :D

Yes, practice every day. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

GDX-WaRHead
23rd August 2010, 01:01 PM
Welcome back.

Theres usualy tons of races on Weekends. 8)