PDA

View Full Version : HSX

Hydra XL
26th January 2003, 02:15 AM
G-Surfers in Europe (?) Didn't realize it but this game is due out in less than a week here in the US. Looks pretty decent as far as futuristic racers go--simple, but could be very fast and the physics/loftiness may be promising as well. Could go either way. Does any one know any thing substantial about this game?

HSX at gamespot (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,562368,00.html)[/url]

Wiseman
26th January 2003, 04:05 AM
I do believe Computer and Videogames gave this one (well G-Surfers) a 4 out of 10. Not good.

Also, Infox has said several times before that G-Surfers sucked, and I seriously doubt that they'll do anything to fix it for it's US release.

Hydra XL
1st February 2003, 08:05 PM
well i picked it up since it retails for 10 bux. pretty lame; no weapons or anything and while the speed picks up the handling is choppy. rather boring cause the only dynamic to the game is the boost. best thing is the track designs & the track editor. i would consider this a beta release of what could have been a slick game. too bad really. only the really curious, avid fan of futuristic racers need apply here.

Dragon
2nd February 2003, 07:56 PM
Well, hows the music in the game and the track creator?

Hydra XL
2nd February 2003, 11:56 PM
music is generic techno, nothing too great (all trax sound similar). Track creator is pretty good--make all sorts of jumps, corkscrews, loops and gaps. but the racing physics make racing on the trax pretty boring unfortunately

JABBERJAW
8th February 2003, 02:16 AM
bought it for 10$. feels fzeroish but needed some tweaking for how the ship looks on the tracks. the slideout feature is just like f-zero, and the game has excellent jumps. it has a brake you don't need but you will need to use the airbrakes, especially if you make gare d'europa. I think the framerate is improved in the ntsc version, it definitely slows down at times but it is not unplayable by any means.

Dragon
9th February 2003, 09:53 PM
Yea, i got it for $10(U.S.) Yestraday and i love the game, especially track creator, although i hate when i don't get enough speed off a jump or fall off a cliff :)
Its fun to Blow up though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: