PDA

View Full Version : Been away for a while...

SpaceMunky
11th August 2010, 11:46 AM
Hey guys. How's everyone been? I haven't been on here in a long while. Haven't been on wipeoutHD for a while either so I'm a bit rusty! My old ps3 broke so I've had to earn all my medals again. I've got to get back on form and out of my rapier comfort zone and into phantom! So if anyone wants to meet up with me online that would be great, just psn me.
Also I checked out the wipeout space on home. Wicked stuff! Have we got a clubhouse yet? It would be nice to meet up there. Is there any news about game launching from home?

kanar
11th August 2010, 12:13 PM
welcome back spaceMunky! Arh, SL staff took a shotgun by Sony, ranking tables are still glitched and WO servers would need a good maintenance... But hey we're still around, playing from time to time. Dark_Phantom is organizing another avalon this we; hope to see you online! Btw I'll add you as a friend again, sorry I think I deleted you cos' I thought you won't come back again to wo. Glad you're back! See you mate. Oh regarding Home, look at the wo space, great place to visit!

SpaceMunky
13th August 2010, 08:07 AM
Yeah I was really gutted about SL getting the chop. They were one of the best developers out there.
Yeah I checked out the museum, it's great stuff! How do u join games from the space? Also have we got a club house?

kanar
13th August 2010, 08:58 AM
SL was Sony's best developement team ever. NO ONE pushed the ps3's limits so far. The only 1080p/60fps game on ps3. And probably the best ps3 game ever.

I think we still can't launch the game from the wo museum (not sure, cos' sadly I hadn't time to check everything, just got the Panda helmet :g), but this place could be a fantastic way to gather together before some races. The wo club house is still active, but as far as I remember there was a member limitation, and most of us didn't use the place finally... Must admit I didn't spend much time into home since its launch. But as I said, the wipeout museum is a great place to visit, and could definitely be our favorite rendez-vous point. Gah why god why I have to spend my time at work or with the wife doing other stuffs than VIDEOGAMES arh. Hope to see you around this we online SpaceMunky, I'll do my best to join DP89's Avalon : Impulse as much as I can.

Darkdrium777
13th August 2010, 06:47 PM
The only 1080p/60fps game on ps3.That's not actually true. Ridge Racer 7, GT5 Prologue game mode are also running at 1080p/60FPS. I think there's more too (Obviously the PSN games mostly do but that's not full retail titles.)
There's not a lot of games at that resolution on PS3 though.
And SL isn't totally gone, though they've stopped Wipeout for now they are working on another game. I hope it's good whatever it is.

Welcome back Munky. ;)

kanar
13th August 2010, 10:03 PM
true Dark, had gt5 in mind, but there was serious drops in framerate as far as I remember (of course there's more than 8 contenders too). Hope they could bring us a rock solid 60 fps in november... If the game is finally released (not sure regarding the last interview of Polyphony's guru lol).

Airrider
14th August 2010, 01:38 AM
I've been away for a while too. I should get back online and hope to find more of you guys online.

Several weeks ago I managed to melee with Assayeah...kicked our asses in the whole game but chasing him and everyone else was fun =P