PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone completed The Whole Wipeout Game?

Sengoku
9th August 2010, 07:01 PM
And I mean every race with all crafts, championships everything?? Thats what im aiming for, just wanna see how difficult it was for whoever has done it, if any? haha :P

stin
13th August 2010, 05:15 PM
Yes, I did completed all the crafts and the game but very few who had completed it as well.

Yes, this game are really hard but just loved that music!!!!

stevie:D

DJ Techno
14th August 2010, 05:58 PM
i'll admit this

i have not completed the first wipeout game

in a whole damn decade.... and i told al this

i have not finished silverstream with a 1rst place.

my ship has always been Ariel Tetsuo
tried Arian Tetsuo quirex and Sol del ria of feisar

its a crying shame big time

Sengoku
14th August 2010, 11:54 PM
Man props to you Stevie, and I dont blame you Techno, im on the Rapier class at the minute, completed all of the venom single races and tournaments with all crafts.

But hell you know your maker when your on the rapier class, the ships your facing are sooo damn annoying and its hard to control your craft. Any advice when it comes to it and the air brakes??

Dan Locke
16th August 2010, 04:51 AM
I've beaten every possible race in the PlayStation games, but I haven't had as much luck with Wipeout HD and Wipeout 64. This is probably because I play the PlayStation games with a keyboard, though.

DawnFireDragoon
18th August 2010, 02:13 PM
never completed it. silverstream defeats me everytime :(

in my opinion, if you have beaten this game, it's the mark of a true legend. it's easily the toughest wipeout, and getting good at this will just make you naturally good at all the others! :nod

Dan Locke
19th August 2010, 02:58 PM
Silverstream's no harder than any of the other tracks if you know the handling model well enough and take the tunnel instead of the ramp. It all depends (as the other tracks do) on starting your turns early enough that you've already rotated around by the time that you reach the corners, but late enough that you don't undershoot and hit the inner wall itself.

Now, if you want a challenge, play Wipeout 64. It's a completely different beast - the skittish handling requires you to basically un-learn everything that you know from playing the first two games, the (much) higher speed makes practice and memorizing the courses even more necessary than before, and the opponents, for once, aren't lobotomized slowpokes. Also, the weapons do far more damage; it's pretty much the only Wipeout that I've played in which the shield is absolutely necessary for survival.

Task
19th August 2010, 08:38 PM
Hard and early airbreaking are definitely the keys to victory in WO1, and I put in the hours until I could come in 1st on Silverstream every time, but I'm still not crazy enough to fly that track with a Qirex or even an Auricom.

Ain't gonna happen. I don't take those craft onto the tracks with narrow sections either. Too much *whang!* for my liking. 8 )

Sengoku
21st August 2010, 10:22 AM
Ive finally defeated the whole game with all the crafts and all the classes and the championships, and im telling you it was not easy at all, I think it took me a month and thats with lots of playing too. Definatly the hardest game in the series will probably not play it again haha.

But im finally the F3600 champion and now its onto the F5000, as I continue my Wipeout Pilgrimage to winning all the championships then its online, then the tournaments I intend on becoming the best, wish me luck :rock

MegaGeeza22
7th December 2010, 01:21 AM
Blimey, i just downloaded this classic from the psn store... I cant even win a race lol, i just keep bouncing all over the place!! 2hours on 1 track and my best position was 5th:brickwall
So to all those pilots who have completed this game or have at least won a race i take my hat off to ya :clap

AKira Shin
5th September 2011, 10:53 PM
Completed it but only with Feisar. Must to do it with Auricom or Qirex for some challenge! ^^

keg_11
13th April 2012, 05:21 AM
I'm off to a good start. Rapier class championship conquered in 2.5 hrs.

Dan Locke has a point with Silverstream. If you turn early enough you can get past the corners far more cleaner (doesn't help as there are speed pads before the some of the hard corners), particularly with the exit to the left route of the first split and the final chicane.

Dusk118
14th April 2012, 08:54 AM
Blimey, i just downloaded this classic from the psn store... I cant even win a race lol, i just keep bouncing all over the place!! 2hours on 1 track and my best position was 5th:brickwall
I did this the other day, but with much better results. Beat Venom the first night, and now working on Rapier. So worth the $6 I payed for it.

Turbulence
10th May 2012, 08:54 PM
Gonna give this a go. I never beat the whole thing when I was a kid.

I love a challenge, so I think I can do it. Beating hard games has kinda become an obsession of mine...