PDA

View Full Version : Vapor trx

JABBERJAW
30th July 2010, 09:29 PM
Has anyone ever played this game? I was really curious as to how it controlled, ect. I had originally thought it was a flying game, but when I saw a video (crappy video) it looked like the ship was coming back down to the ground. I know this works on mame, but I don't have that set up, and will have to wait for Eric to come up to help me with that hopefully.

mdhay
30th July 2010, 10:58 PM
Is this the Crappy Video? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knoB0jQj0ys)

JABBERJAW
30th July 2010, 11:38 PM
yes, but I don't think I needed to tell you that :)

hard to tell if it is good

mdhay
30th July 2010, 11:45 PM
That's true, it is hard to tell, but it has to be better than Fatal Inertia or Voltage. Doesn't look too bad, for an arcade game.

JABBERJAW
30th July 2010, 11:53 PM
fatal inertia was decent, EXCEPT for the complete crap cpu assist for whoever was losing. Don't know which one you played 360 was awful, ps3 was I would say good, some hard tracks, and the fast ship was fun since it slid out and was hard to control, but speed boosts to whoever is behind was awful, and that was even in single player, all lap records were gotten that way. I thought vapor looked at least good from what I could see, which wasn't much. OH, and from what I have played, voltage (racers) had no physics whatsoever

mdhay
30th July 2010, 11:56 PM
I played the PS3 one, for about 3 minutes. :P

Dan Locke
31st July 2010, 09:47 PM
Vapor TRX was one of my favorite arcade games when I was little. It was basically a cross between Hydro Thunder and Slipstream 5000. I haven't seen it in years, though. :(