PDA

View Full Version : The FX-500 GT Ships (An Idea)

UB3R~JKP
28th July 2010, 12:03 AM
What If, on the next WipEout....You could use a GT class ship over your normal ship which took each team's advantages to a whole new level...

Like The FEISAR ship would have stats like
Handling: 200
Thrust: 45
Speed: 120
Shield: 55And such, with these ratings out of 100. But what makes the GT ships different is that they can have over that mark, they could be used exclusivly for certain events or be able to be used in normal competition as they're super-advantages may be rendered useless by their disadvantages?

Also,m LurifaxFlux Had an idea about making a ship that was built specifically for TTs and SLs much like a Zone ship/Zone battle ship. Each team could use it and it would have amazing stats for everything but the shield because it is built for those certain events!

Thoughts? ;)

mdhay
28th July 2010, 10:42 AM
That is a cool idea, could do with designing some, as well. It'd make sense for teams to have their own individual shipd for TT and speed laps, seeing as they would have better incentive to make the thing move faster.

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th October 2010, 08:04 AM
Seeing that TT and SL are very different from SR,why not for TT and SL events? I suppose that the teams would have no need for a weapon bay as there are no weapon pads during such events.
GT ships? hm...I'm thinking about what the concept ships in Pulse are for...

Challenger #001
29th October 2010, 10:55 AM
What I think might be a better idea is to have either customisable ships for different events, or have different iterations of the ships for each mode that are unlocked by playing them. I'm brought in mind of NFS:Shift's comparison of points for dirty or clean racing. So you get 'red' points for eliminations, and 'blue' points for clean laps and zones.

Start with standard ship e.g. EG-X

Thrust: 80
Top Speed: 90
Handling: 70
Shield: 70

By winning 4000 'Blue' Points in Race, Zone, Zone Battle, Speed Lap or Time Trial, you get an EG-X with stripped out weapons and lowered shield.

Thrust: 90
Top Speed: 100
Handling: 80
Shield: 35

By winning 8000 'Blue' Points, you get an EG-X with no weapons and no shield, but maximum possible other stats.

Thrust: 100
Top Speed: 120
Handling: 90
Shield: 00

And the same can apply for 'Red' Points. So 4000 'Red' points would get you a heavier, more aggressive EG-X.

Thrust: 85
Top Speed: 90
Handling: 60
Shield: 85

And after 8000 'Red' Points you get a genuine EG-X Gunship.

Thrust: 90
Top Speed: 80
Handling: 50
Shield: 100

F.E.I.S.A.R
31st October 2010, 04:44 PM
Eh...a 00/100 shield stat? That would translate to a ship that would blow up upon first scrape into a wall.Then again,this can be just me overreacting.
2 upgrade paths for ships are quite interesting. But what would the game be like?Can you have a total aggression FEISAR with a total precision FEISAR or would you just be stuck with one version? If stuck with one version,wouldn't there be unfair competition if just one team did not have weapons whereas the other seven on the grid do?
And some teams are aggressive by nature whereas some concentrate on clean lines and other non-aggressive stuff.How would we ensure fair competition?