PDA

View Full Version : Audio Problems with WOHD?

Kryowing
23rd July 2010, 09:28 PM
Whenever i'm playing Wipeout, for some odd reason, my audio just stops. Everything else works fine, no lags or glitches. I even replaced my HDMI cable, just in case that was the problem. Does anyone else have the same problem? :|

Darkdrium777
23rd July 2010, 09:37 PM
I would make sure that your audio output settings on the PS3 XMB are set appropriately. Some settings may not be supported by your sound system.
I would try going strictly stereo first, and then moving up from there. I'm not an expert though so best to wait for one who knows about this problem already. ;)
Good luck anyways.

DreamyElf
24th July 2010, 07:18 AM
no kryowing you are not the only one...
it happens to me sometimes, maybe it's because the ps3 is overheating...?:dizzy

Kryowing
26th August 2010, 08:25 AM
I should hope not... i always brag to my xbox 360 fanboy friends about how Ps3's dont overheat... that would be a real bummer.

mikrucio
26th August 2010, 12:41 PM
yeah after a while the Menu music (doesnt matter which one) will start skipping for me. But everything else is ok.

billychanxtr33m
26th August 2010, 07:52 PM
is it just wipeout or is all the audio gone? a while ago a patch of HD screwed up the audio on my system and i had to reformat

mikrucio
27th August 2010, 11:41 PM
actually once in a while my custom music does not work.
Very rare but. Happened the other day. I was wondering why I was piloting so well when i realised there was no musical distractions...

icarasDragon
27th August 2010, 11:54 PM
It's really nothing much but sometimes in a Zone mode track the game and the music will lag... but not the SFX

blackwiggle
28th August 2010, 12:22 AM
It's been happening since the system software got an update in sound settings that allows for multiple audio out at the same time.
The settings don't hold, or get negated if you change video output to other than HDMI by holding down on the power button till it beeps.
You have to quit game and go into sound settings and re select options.

Kryowing
31st August 2010, 07:18 PM
Huh, i'll try that, thanks Wiggle. And all the audio cuts out, and its even started to do it on other games. Ill try a backup and format if all else fails.