PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Fusion Merchandise

milady
23rd January 2003, 12:56 PM
Greetings,

Anyone have any ideas on where one can get Wipeout Fusion merchandise, pref in UK or online shopping from elsewhere.

Cheers,

Milady.

milady
23rd January 2003, 01:01 PM
from the stuff on the Kappa site!

M.

Myke_AG_Sys™
23rd January 2003, 03:40 PM
"from the stuff on the Kappa site!"

That, is a joke. I don't know how a sportswear label like Kappa landed an advertising spot in the Wipeout series. But anyway, I'm sure Milady was looking for stuff other than tracksuits worn by junkies. Yes it would be nice to see Wipeout craft desktop models wouldn't it?

Myke.

Myke_AG_Sys™
23rd January 2003, 03:42 PM
No, I'm a joke. Sorry Milady, hadn't realised only you had posted here. Ah, **** that's pretty embarrassing. Sorry.

Myke.

Lance
23rd January 2003, 05:06 PM
everybody please notice that we do have edit buttons ;)

Myke_AG_Sys™
23rd January 2003, 06:20 PM
Jeeze Lance, could you make me feel any worse? Heh, don't try to or anything.

^_^

Lance
23rd January 2003, 07:07 PM
well, i didn't really want to edit those four posts for you guys. just gently *cof* suggesting that both of you might want to make things a little more um... compact. [this from the king of long sentences :roll: ]
okay, i admit that i occasionally add a second comment to my first comment on other people's livejournal posts. :oops:

no. wait a sec. you can't edit lj posts; they gotta be deleted and replaced. [but they will know you did it cos they already got the auto-notify of your reply. oh, the embarassment.]
yes! i am justified! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
:o
:roll:
:lol:

Myke_AG_Sys™
23rd January 2003, 09:24 PM
We're like The Three Stooges or something.

milady
23rd January 2003, 11:48 PM
Hello all. I go away for a few hours and then I find this!

I remember the first time I saw wipeout, on the 64, and I was absolutely smitten although I had never played any console games. However, have only just learnt how to play with wipeout fusion. A dream come true! Makes me feel I am flying. I don't play any other games, well, apart from DDR.

*grins*

M.

zargz
24th January 2003, 12:13 AM
try the other wipEouts too - u can play them in your ps2!
imo they r way better .. :)

wellcome to the forums btw! .. 8)

milady
24th January 2003, 01:33 AM
Do you have to get them onto a CD or DVD then? to play in the PS2? sounds excellent!

Thanks for the welcome. A very nice site! I found it when I was looking for info on how to open up new levels. My friend bought Fusion and seems to have dropped the manual somewhere at his parents!

Evening all!

M.

AmishRobot
24th January 2003, 04:15 AM
Welcome, Milady.

Wipeout merchandise in general is pretty hard to come by. I don't think anyone here even bothered with the Kappa stuff, as it didn't look so hot compared to older stuff design-wise. We in the US got screwed anyway, as Kappa doesn't seem to be able to grasp the concept of international shipping. :roll:

Definitely try Wipeout 2097 & Wipeout3. All us AG nutters agree those two are the best. (Though we sometimes disagree on the order!) :D

Lance: I've noticed that your posts lately seem a bit... random. I think that massive cold snap in Florida is getting to you. :wink:

Synthetic Consciousness
24th January 2003, 06:26 AM
[AG nutters]

I believe the correct term is "Floaters". Get with the lingo, man. :P

Lance
24th January 2003, 06:56 AM
from 77 degrees fahrenheit yesterday afternoon to an expected low of 25 in a few hours from now. already below 31.

anti-gravity ''floaters''. the concept brings a new definition to the term, ukiyo-e [the floating world, the demi-monde of geishas and drunkeness and kabuki theater and hentai seaminess] pretty different sort of thing. not that floaters don't have their share of drunken seaminess. :D
hm.. not so different as i first thought

btw, milady, please forgive my rudeness in not saying hello first. welcome to the wipeoutzone forums; i think you'll enjoy it here. and yes, do get 2097/xl and wipout 3. they are very high quality, very addictive games, with greater lasting power than Fusion.. yes, the best way is to get them as the original issue CDs

milady
24th January 2003, 09:02 AM
Hello :)

I get it.. they were PS1 games? (2097 and xl). was thinking they were for other platforms.

walked past the Sony building in Soho last year and saw a really cool hologram of a ship in the window. That was the only good piece I saw associated with Wipeout Fusion (although that London advert was fantastic!)

M.

zargz
24th January 2003, 11:29 AM
2 answer u Q m'lady the ps2 is .. eeh .. backward compatible? .. :roll:
anyway u can play any ps1 game on it! :D

milady
24th January 2003, 12:10 PM
that they were ps1 games :) thought they might have been nintendo :)

DJ Techno
24th January 2003, 03:00 PM
"from the stuff on the Kappa site!"

That, is a joke. I don't know how a sportswear label like Kappa landed an advertising spot in the Wipeout series. But anyway, I'm sure Milady was looking for stuff other than tracksuits worn by junkies. Yes it would be nice to see Wipeout craft desktop models wouldn't it?

Myke.

Look at how Nike, Addidas, and Reebox landed wild label deals with companys for promotion and profit. I'm sure Kappa did the right thing, because they know how much of a hit the game wipeout could bring in for the company.

Hi milady, and welcome to WOZ. Like lance said. Try to find and get a hold of the wip3out and wipeout 2097. There really fun and worth trying out.

Lance
24th January 2003, 03:58 PM
ah, we've botched the job on making it clear, milady, so here's an explanation:
the original WipEout, WipEout 2097 [they called it XL in America], and Wipeout 3, aka Wip3out, are all original Playstation games. i listed those in order of release from, um... '95 to '99. there is also an extra-features version of Wip3out called the Special Edition that has 3 of the tracks from the original game plus 5 of the tracks from 2097 along with the 8 tracks of Wip3out, and 2 additional bonus tracks [Wip3out has 4], so SE has 22 tracks altogether. btw, the games are usually referred to in shorthand as WO, 2097, WO3, and WO3 SE [ or just SE]. the design and handling of the ships [both specific to the ship, and the general feel of each game], the weapons and their effectiveness, the racing circuits, and the music are different for each of the three versions of the game made for the PSX/PS1. and of course Fusion is completely different from them all, but to an even greater degree, in its game structure and ship handling, upgrades, racing modes, etc. your PS2 can play all versions of wipeout of course.

well, i hope that gives you a better idea of which is what

Myke_AG_Sys™
24th January 2003, 04:25 PM
Look at how Nike, Addidas, and Reebox landed wild label deals with companys for promotion and profit. I'm sure Kappa did the right thing, because they know how much of a hit the game wipeout could bring in for the company.

Whoops, shame they got involved with the shitest title in the series(in my opinion). I'm sure the TDR team would knock Kappa the same way I have. And I'm guessing Kappa doesn't ship to the US because it's a waste of time when you consider the super-brand competition.