PDA

View Full Version : WipEout 2D Challenge

Darkdrium777
9th July 2010, 10:36 PM
Well now that the newest WipEout game for PS3 is available (And free! Could you believe it was even cheaper than WipEout HD?!) I think it's time to start a challenge thread :D

Ok so for those who don't know WipEout 2D is a game coded by none other than Zico Liu (That guy with the infamous trophy :P) available to play in PlayStation Home. To find it you must have PlayStation Home installed, go to the WipEout Museum space, and once there exit on the left to the ship hangar. It's at the very end.

This challenge will last for as long as the game is available, I'll try to get everyone's time updated on here but if I miss someone or make a mistake just send me a message (Visitor message or PM, or keep posting in this thread.) This is my first thread I have to update constantly on here so it might be a while 'till I'm very efficient.

Anyways, the WipEout 2D minigame records your best lap time during a race and it will save it until you quit the game. Please mention the team you used to achieve the time. Only lap times are considered as race times can vary due to the option of adjusting the number of laps in a race.

This has already started at WipEout Arena so I'll also try to get the results of whoever posts there right here :)

The leaderboards:
(I wish we could do a nice table thing but I can't find the option)

Vineta K:

13.34 - Darkdrium - Icaras
13.91 - G-Superpilot - Icaras
14.15 - leungbok - Icaras
14.65 - kaori - Icaras

Chengou Project:

15.61 - Darkdrium - Icaras
16.22 - leungbok - Icaras
16.92 - kaori - Icaras

Metropia:

18.48 - Darkdrium - Icaras
22.02 - kaori - Icaras
22.52 - leungbok - Icaras

Sol 2:

20.78 - Darkdrium - Icaras
25.19 - kaori - Triakis
25.67 - leungbok - Icaras

All right have fun! :D

MrSmadSmartAlex
9th July 2010, 11:52 PM
How about some videos? I have to see this! :D

blackwiggle
10th July 2010, 01:14 AM
Oh NO, your going to get me to download HOME again just for this, I don't believe it.
I got so tired of constantly having to update the bloody thing I haven't been there for over a year I reckon.
I'm going to have to download everything again since it all got wiped when my PS3 died. :brickwall
This would explain why I've been seeing Leungbok, Kaori & G-Superpilot and other Arena guys logged into home, I was wondering why that was.;)

Something to do I suppose :) see what's changed in a year.

leungbok
10th July 2010, 11:50 AM
Chengou 16.22 icaras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGE3VYcFEhk :o

ACE-FLO
10th July 2010, 12:15 PM
Leungy - I love the "have you seen her" wipEout REMIX in the video, when you start racing :lol awesome stuff, great piloting too :rock

leungbok
10th July 2010, 12:28 PM
lol, my laptop was running soul oldies on the background, i didn't pay attention, it's an ambiant sound when i'm at home :D

ACE-FLO
10th July 2010, 12:44 PM
The ROBO DJ in the top deck of the wipEout museum, has no chance against you Leungy :g

leungbok
10th July 2010, 12:50 PM
sure, i didn't find any Curtis Mayfield or Mandrill song on his playlist :-
:lol

amplificated
10th July 2010, 12:50 PM
Would love to have a crack at this, but I just can't bring myself to reinstall Home. Just... can't. :lol

Darkdrium777
10th July 2010, 02:10 PM
Maybe this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPxBtl76fdw) can help you in your decision! :lol

MrSmadSmartAlex
10th July 2010, 03:30 PM
Hehe, awesome videos! It's almost enough to make me buy a PS3. :lol

ACE-FLO
10th July 2010, 03:41 PM
ANyone got a video of WipEout sharpShooter game to show MrSmadSMartAlex? That just might tip him over :lol