PDA

View Full Version : I finally got Fusion

Synthetic Consciousness
20th January 2003, 02:17 AM
Well, I finally got Fusion, yesterday...I'm really behind on the times, huh? :wink:

There are indeed major bugs in it...I found out what the other pilots meant by those...fell through the floor a few times in Cubiss Float, went through the walls in Mandrashee and Cubiss Float (and what's up with needing to trigger the doors if you can just pass through them like a ghost?)...I'm wondering how they got past the bug checkers. Going upside down in an AG craft is a little implausible, too... :-?

It's still not that bad of a game, though, despite the bugs. Good graphics, and even though I'm not much for the music on its own, most of it fits the game (although I'd more prefer some trance or some tech-industrial or hardcore to better fit the ambience). The menu loop gets annoying fast...

Completed the Florian Height and Mandrashee tracks (in Arcade mode)...currently trying to complete Cubiss Float...I can't get better than a silver in the second track. And the Feisar lacks the speed to get me better than bronze, and the Van-Uber has crap for shields. :x ...Ah well, I'll make it...just need time. :)

Task
20th January 2003, 03:52 AM
... You found the Mighty F lacking? I flew the Feisar until I got the Xios! If you find it slow, upgrade the speed. Upgrade the speed to, like, 24% and you should be able to get easy golds. Besides the speed, it's a great craft! So all you need to upgrade is the speed. That's a serious benefit. I found the Auricom and G-Tech required too much upgrading to become a good ship, whereas the Feisar is good right out the gate. You might like the Eg-r once you get it. I can't make myself fly it since I refulse to fly as a lobotomized cyborg. 8 )

Yuret
20th January 2003, 08:59 PM
I found the best way was to complete all the leagues 1st before i tackled the arcade races. That way you can get the piranha making the arcade races even easier!

DJ Techno
21st January 2003, 03:01 PM
Yuret. getting the pirhana first, then play the game with it. Doesn't make playing the Fusion totally fun! :)

Of course I still have a problem trying to finish the Zone.
Maybe you might know something about it.
Because I am still stuck playing Mandarashe course 3. And I haven't gotten the gold yet.
My highest zone level was 28. and I recieved 400 million points. But they want let me go.

Anunnaki
21st January 2003, 04:58 PM
... I'd say there was no WipeOut out there where you couldnt get through walls ! The only two incarnations of WipeOut I dont own is the N64 and the PC version (but got the Mac version ported from this codebase).

Even the very first PSX WipeOut (back then superb GFX!) could let you down - although I agree it was a little harder to get the speeds needed ;-))

Anyways, isn't that a problem with the polygon collision detection, which, as I guess, Is done at least partly in Hardware ? So, and since I only know WipeOut games to suffer from this, I guess its about speed.

First of all, you need to get a code that enable you to move THAT FAST within the rendered 3D World. Then, you still need to catch the collisions fast enough too, beside you also gotta control a number of more or less "intelligent" pilots.

just my thoughts. For me, falling thru is part of the game. I don't have a problem with this, as I said, this "feature" accompagned me throughout the game series (first I ever played was 2097 on PSX on a 2x3m Beamer with Surround - which made me shop a PSX and that game, hehe).

Lance
21st January 2003, 08:14 PM
so far, ive not gone through a wall in the PC version of 2097/xl.

the games Vigilante8 and V8Second Offense both suffer the collision detection flaw on the PSX, sometimes allowing you to pass through a vehicle you're fighting against or through scenery. the problem does not occur on the Dreamcast version of V8SO. oddly enough, one of the vehicles has a special attack in the form of near instant acceleration to a speed of 300 or 400 miles per hour to collide with an opponent vehicle, yet never passes through it. the pass-throughs usually occur at low speeds

Anunnaki
21st January 2003, 08:46 PM
One thing is right tho' - you actually never go through an opponent. There, the collision detection seems to always work.

Sometimes, it seemed to me it would happen when the code didnt expect it.. I mean, during 2097 on the psx (and also on the gamestation emulator), I seemed to have noticed I go through walls after an odd manouvre or a unexpected collision, and not when you just hit the wall while racing.

Also, there actually ARE regions where the collision is turned OFF: Most areas where you could come flying from high above and are about to hit an arc or some tunnel entry have no collision detection. Fortunately I'd say :lol:

Lance
21st January 2003, 10:16 PM
ive never crashed into the bridge in hi-fumii even though i seemed to hit it a couple of times yesterday in phantom class, but with no collision being registered. i just flew through it. either that or i was higher than i thought

xEik
21st January 2003, 10:25 PM
I often hit the upper side of the entrance of the 'Potemkin' tunnel (I think that's what it says above) in Odessa Keys (2097 that is) because when going downhill I forget to pull down the nose while I'm going at full phantom speed after a speed pad.

@ Lance: I hope you like the length of the sentence ;) although I'm not sure of it being totally correct and understandable in English.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Lance
21st January 2003, 11:19 PM
Actually, it was pretty direct and clear in its structure, and long enough to indicate that you aRe trying, though if you really want to succeed in this sort of endeavour, you must really inculcate the habit of rambling on at length without regard to meaning, even though it is, of course, much better to state your concepts in a fully understandable manner so that even those not fully conversant with English grammar may nonetheless follow the thread of your argument without the sort of difficulties resulting from an excess of convolution in the path of the logic. yes?

practice, practice, practice

xEik
21st January 2003, 11:29 PM
Indeed

Synthetic Consciousness
22nd January 2003, 12:32 AM
[xEik+Lan:ce]

Are you both competing for the Golden Autopilot award, now? :P

Lance
22nd January 2003, 04:14 AM
hey! i already won that one. or do you give them out on a quarterly basis?

xEik
22nd January 2003, 12:14 PM
And I already said that, in English, I'm no match for Lance. :P

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Synthetic Consciousness
22nd January 2003, 12:18 PM
Oh, okay...Platinum, then! :wink:

Lance
22nd January 2003, 03:46 PM
damn. now if only we had a judge capable of judging Catalan as well as English, we'd have ourselves a challenge!
o, the sentences we could weave. i want to be Icaras!

zargz
23rd January 2003, 03:47 AM
is it something u 8 lace ? :roll:

I want the same double portion pleez! :wink: