PDA

View Full Version : Happy Canada Day

RedScar
2nd July 2010, 01:22 AM
Happy Canada Day to all the people on the board, regardless if your Canadian or not 8)

amplificated
2nd July 2010, 02:14 AM
What do most people do on Canada Day?

Just curious. The only thing I can think of that happens in Aus for our day is the Triple J top 100 countdown. Probably a few barbecues around the place as well if someone can be bothered making an event out of the day.

But I digress... happy Canada Day :P

Medusa
2nd July 2010, 02:53 AM
Happy stat pay day. That's what I do for it. (Work.)

wiintermute
2nd July 2010, 07:59 AM

They play Wipeout?

KIGO1987
2nd July 2010, 05:01 PM
When i saw this thread. Out of all honesty the things that came to mind where Vartazian, Rezatron and Flashback Jack.

The only thing I can think of that happens in Aus for our day is the Triple J top 100 countdown. Probably a few barbecues around the place as well if someone can be bothered making an event out of the day.P

Not to mention all the mass pissups on the Perth foreshore, and on all the boats parked on the river waiting for the skyshow fireworks to start. along with people getting pepper sprayed and glassing attacks on the foreshore as well. Then again Melbourners prob might celebrate it a tad different to west aussies.

Task
6th July 2010, 04:08 PM
Well, I don't know about most people, but a lot of Canadians head to cottage country. Myself always included. 8 )

RedScar
6th July 2010, 05:21 PM
Oh god your right. Was driving north on the 400 on Thursday and it was PACKED. Can't imagine what the trip back south was like on sunday.

Task
7th July 2010, 06:27 PM
Oh, it was even worse I'm sure. Some went up Thursday, some went up Friday, everyone came back Sunday.
I haven't been near the 400 in years, and that's exactly the reason why.
I can do the whole trip in an hour 45 by going up the east side of Simcoe, hwy 404 and 48. Excellent route. Warn everyone away from the 400, it's The Highway Of Last Resort. 8 D

RedScar
8th July 2010, 07:20 AM
I drive the 404 to get to school sometimes, always bottlenecks at the DVP-arking lot and 401. It sucks living near barrie, you can't get anywhere during the summer even if you avoid the 400.
Happy Be-lated 4th of july to all the ppl south of Canada