PDA

View Full Version : Best Music Track On 2097/XL

Harvai
18th January 2003, 12:00 PM
Here's another one of my 'tell me what you think' topics
nothing much can beat V6 by Fluke, i put the CD in my stereo and turn it up LOUD!
Any one heard the proper version of Atom Bomb? It's got no resembelance to the one on 2097
"Baby got an atom bomb, a 22-mega ton"!

Vasudeva
19th January 2003, 06:26 PM
"Landmass" by FSOL
"The Third Sequence" by Photek

Dixi!
V.

Roger
19th January 2003, 07:07 PM
Any one heard the proper version of Atom Bomb?
Yeah, got it on the album "Risotto". Awesome!

As for my fave 2097 track, it's a tie between "Loops of fury" and "We have explosive (hero killing)". Because that's what 2097 is about: fury and explosives!

xEik
19th January 2003, 09:07 PM
Tin there

I love the way it keeps getting faster, louder, more vibrant... relaxing and exciting at the same time.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

HentaiBoy
19th January 2003, 09:14 PM
I love Tin There the most also. The building is what makes it.

Asche XL
20th January 2003, 04:30 AM
LANDMASS!!

zargz
20th January 2003, 07:38 AM
for 2097 I like firstarter.
WITH lyrics it's sUch a crAp .. imo .. 8)

DJ Techno
21st January 2003, 06:29 PM
If it wasn't just used for the games intro music and video.

FSOL the Herd Killing.
That's something to listen to when in the mood for playing some AG.
The beats get the whole body full of energy, ready for anything. Blood is pumping through your viens and heart. And the adrenaline is shooting through your body.

Phantom Class
V6 by Fluke, just got beat :).
Turn the volume up to loud and include the bass to maximum and treble to mid level.

jmoid
22nd January 2003, 04:00 PM
loops of fury first, then third sequence by photek.

loops of fury just seems to suit the mood perfectly. if you can track down the ep of the same name it's well worth investing in.

DJ Techno
22nd January 2003, 04:23 PM
the Loops of Fury

Either Underworld or The Chemical Brothers single (I can't remember). What was the name of the album.

Spaceboy Gajo
26th January 2003, 06:54 AM
It's got to be Landmass for me.

I don't think there's another song that'll put you into a racing mood more than this song.

Okay there are a few others, but this was the first song for me that had that kind of pure adrenaline and concentration.

spaceboy gajo :D

jmoid
26th January 2003, 06:03 PM
DJ T: "loops of fury" and "dust up beats" were realeased as two EPs and weren't on any of the UK albums, althought that might not be the case in the US. i might be an idea to check http://allmusic.com

vh5150
27th January 2003, 06:58 AM
Landmass and Loops of Fury.

adam917
4th August 2003, 06:47 AM
The only track I listen to while playing this game is "03. Future Sound of London - Landmass"! I love it THAT much. I listen to the whole CD in environments outside of Wipeout 2097/XL but, when I'm playing it, "Landmass" all the way! Now, you may wonder why I like "Landmass" so much. I like the combination of ambience and upbeat that's present there. As you're navigating the menus and right after you just won a challenge or race and am back in the main menu, the ambience of the track sounds just right (musically, it sounds like the question "What's next now?" to me) and when you're racing, the upbeat part sounds just right too: Like you're running away from everyone frantically and will stop at nothing trying to get to AND STAY in FIRST POSITION! I'm a huge electronic music fan myself and if you want to learn more about it or what I like, go to www.tranceaddict.com/forums and look for posts by the username "ali92". Cheers everyone!

TRO
4th August 2003, 10:28 AM
Absolutely "Tin There" - Underworld.

The mix of song and game is perfect, then, Tin There is a very beautiful song (and Underworld is the best Tecno Group [true]).

Myke_AG_Sys™
4th August 2003, 11:28 AM
Chemical Brothers - Loops of Fury

Neither of their tracks on 2097 was on any of the albums, they may be single b-sides(doubt it) or have ep's of their own, but I really should have noticed by now.

FoxZero
5th August 2003, 02:55 AM
these are all the tracks with their respective releases outside of the game/soundtrack cds. hope i didnt forget any on the xl game cd, dont have that with me..

p.e.t.r.o.l. - in sides lp/12"
afro ride - afro left,open up ep cd/12"
pearls girl (tin there) - pearls girl ep cd/12" (sndtrk ver is edited)
firestarter (instrumental) - firestarter ep cd/12"
musique - da funk ep cd/12"
loops of fury - loops of fury ep cd/12"
dust up beats - my mercury mouth ep 12" (under dust brothers)
atom bomb (atomix 6) - atom bomb ep 1 (cd, maybe 12", instrumental edit)
leave home (underworld mix 1) - leave home cd/12"
we have explosive - dead cities cd, we have explosive 12"
we have explosive (herd killing) - we have explosive 12" (semtex dj 1 promo)
the third sequence - limited 100 copy 12" release (asw 006182)
titan - limited 100 copy 12" release (asw 006182)
2097 - ???
landmass - ??
quieter atom bomb from sndtrk - ???

does anyone know if the ??? tracks are exclusive to xl? im fairly sure they are.

anyway i think tin there is my favorite track from the whole thing, and i couldnt agree more with TRO on the best techno group :)

vh5150
5th August 2003, 09:12 PM
The only track I listen to while playing this game is "03. Future Sound of London - Landmass"! I love it THAT much. I listen to the whole CD in environments outside of Wipeout 2097/XL but, when I'm playing it, "Landmass" all the way! Now, you may wonder why I like "Landmass" so much. I like the combination of ambience and upbeat that's present there. As you're navigating the menus and right after you just won a challenge or race and am back in the main menu, the ambience of the track sounds just right (musically, it sounds like the question "What's next now?" to me) and when you're racing, the upbeat part sounds just right too: Like you're running away from everyone frantically and will stop at nothing trying to get to AND STAY in FIRST POSITION! I'm a huge electronic music fan myself and if you want to learn more about it or what I like, go to www.tranceaddict.com/forums and look for posts by the username "ali92". Cheers everyone!

By any chance are you a FSoL fan or the die hard kind? There's a server for their mailing list. I should know I uploaded like 80% of the videos.

adam917
6th August 2003, 02:29 AM

By any chance are you a FSoL fan or the die hard kind? There's a server for their mailing list. I should know I uploaded like 80% of the videos.

Yes, I'm an FSOL fan. I have two of their albums, Essential Mix broadcast recordings, and am looking forward to hearing more of their material...

Snyper
9th August 2003, 07:12 PM
The Landmass track by FSOL is pretty tight, old school as hell compared to their newer stuff. HUGE Future Sound of London fan here, got all albums (around 8 or 9 I believe) But its a good track since its also ONLY on the Wipeout XL soundtrack. Herd Killing is a tight track, but you can get that on their "Dead Cities" album or the "We have Explosive" remix album. The Chemical Brothers songs are cool, but not really original, they sound like everything else on the "Exit Planet Dust" album. Firestarter is a joke, Prodigy just sucks now (sorry guys). Now, the Photek track is probably my fav. Rupert (Photek) can produce DnB like no one elses business and that track shows it. Check out some of his stuff on Modus Operandi, or the Form and Function album, the man is a genius at DnB. No to mention that track hits hard as hell in my car with the sub bass in it. Fluke is tight as hell, but they need to come out with something new, Risotto is getting old now. But Atom Bomb is an awesome song. Orbital will always be bad ass.

Armoredgear7
6th November 2003, 01:26 AM
Wow. i havent been here since... i cant even remember. Must be like a year or so.

I just bought a copy of Wipeout XL for PS1 - it was "used" for $15 cdn but it looks like it had never been opened before.

Anyway, i would have to say that i am a huge fan of almost every artist on the soundtrack. i have all the major albums for Fluke, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy and a bunch of others.

The atombomb piece is unique in 2 places; Wipeout XL and on Fluke's Atom Bomb single (although i dont think its the north american release of it) I believe its called "Atom Bomb - Atomix 6" but i havent checked.

BEST AUDIO TRACK(s): Loops of Fury & Canada.
I have no idea why Canada, but it seems to always play on the Canadian track (Talon's Reach) for me and its just great for blasting around those simple corners.

Shem
6th November 2003, 05:58 PM
People, People! Have U Forgotten About The Late Great WIPEOUT????
MY FAV. IS "CHEMICAL BEATS" included in the first relese....
AND ONE MORE, VERRRRYYYY IMPORTANT THING!!!
HAVE U HEARD ABouT THE TRACK CALLED "KINKONG" BY COLD STORAGE?
I HAVE BOUGHT A PSYGNOSIS PROMOTION CD ON WICH WAS THE FOLLOWED TRACK - REFERED AS A W'O 2097 RELESE!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS????
I STILL HAVE THIS SOMEWHERE, SO IF U WANNA HEAR IT, JUST CONTACT ME!!![/u]

Lance
6th November 2003, 09:28 PM
kinkong and 8 other full-length tracks by Tim Wright aka 'CoLD SToRAGE' were part of the north american release of WOXL for the PC. and yes, kinkong is a nice track

vh5150
6th November 2003, 09:36 PM
Tim Wright has a page now and he has downloadable music. He worked out something with Sony and plus he redid a few tracks too.

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk

Shem
7th November 2003, 10:43 AM
Yeah, well, I thought I'm going to make a full idiot on this one, THANX FOR THE INFO LANCE! :)

Harvai
7th November 2003, 12:26 PM
loops of fury and we have explosive. two more kicken' tunes

Lance
7th November 2003, 01:38 PM
shem:
:) there was no way you could have known that we know ;)
at least not without digging in the old posts for a couple of months