PDA

View Full Version : NFS: Hot Pursuit 3 finally announced!

Kyonshi
15th June 2010, 04:35 AM
My God, ITS ABOUT ****ING TIME EA WAKES UP.

Hot Pursuit 2 was the best arcade racer i've ever played. Ever. Screw Ridge Racer and Outrun. Pure, intense feeling of hi-speed chases with FLUID scenery and car handling, without any frame-rate stuttering. Crooks and cops. Hop in luxurious super-cars and drive your ass off; what NFS is supposed to be. Not Pro-Scrap or Shi(f)t.

Knowing that soon i'll be able to drive a Zonda while being chased off by a Bugatti Veyron Police car - yes my mates, **** yes - is just driving me ecstatic :P (pun intended :lol)

Criterion Games, responsible for the everlasting epic Burnout 3: Takedown, are taking over the making of Hot Pursuit 3 (which will simply called Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit in fact). Here's an interview with the director, Craig Sullivan, during E3 2010, with some footage of the game's intro.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265399/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-hands-on-?tag=topslot;thumb;3

Fasten your seatbelts and strap your toque with bailing wire my friends, we're going to tear off the asphalt from the road! :D:+

EDIT: Oh here's the full trailer http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6265492/ Introduced with Manson's Tainted Love :rock

yeldar2097
15th June 2010, 08:40 AM
Mmm nice.

I hope they make my Koenigsegg and my Pagani look tasty, if they pull that off I'm sold :g

Harvai
15th June 2010, 09:07 AM
So, wait? NFS is going away from hurr-durr-tuner-kids-gone-legit back to the good ol' highway police outrun? Sign me up!

infoxicated
15th June 2010, 11:59 AM
Hopefully it's not the same game engine as they used for NFS:Shift - the physics just couldn't keep up with the speed of the cars and the handling became totally unwieldy.

Mind you, it'd take a lot for me to buy another NFS game after 'Shift - it was terrible.

G'Kyl
15th June 2010, 12:05 PM
Naw, Rob, Criterion didn't do Shift, so I bet they won't use that engine. It's gonna be an entirely different game (which I suppose was the idea from the get-go). I haven't been at the EA PK, but colleagues of mine said it looked great.

Ben

RedScar
15th June 2010, 05:44 PM
I must be strange, but I hate how NFS is always about these silly exotic cars, I like just the tier 1 and tier 2 cars. I want this to do well, as I loved the original and most wanted.

Hellfire_WZ
15th June 2010, 06:04 PM
PLEASE tell me this is the next proper NFS! Shift disappointed on so many levels...

I remember playing the original Hot Pursuit so well all those years ago

Kyonshi
16th June 2010, 12:11 AM
@Hellfire

Criterion say Hot Pursuit is going to be a return to the roots of NFS. My guess is that, yes, it will become the standard for the franchise. EA is more than aware how :turdCRAPPY:turd their 2 last titles were, including Undercover (which is where it should have stayed; under the cover). I mean, don't try to compete with real driving simulator out there, GT5 and GRID 1-2 will just kick your ass. And if you want to make another Most Wanted-inspired game, do it good or don't do it at all.

Hot Pursuit is where NFS really shines, and when Hot Pursuit will be a best-seller, Criterion will surely offer us a splendid Most Wanted 2 ;)

yeldar2097
16th June 2010, 07:39 AM
Mmmm I loved that M3 in NFS:MW, was the sex :rock

Best NFS I experienced was NFS: Underground 2.....but that might've been because I was a 13 year-old boy racer wannabe :P

I kinda gave up on the franchise after Carbon (which I didn't really like that much anyway), didn't like any of them after that. Go Criterion!

DreamyElf
16th June 2010, 08:11 AM
this maybe the first NFS i'll buy in a long time...
the reason is Criterion games!
since Burnout is the 2nd best arcade racer,after WipEout of course ;), i can't see how this game will not be amazing! :)
i hope this turn's out to be a Burnout with lambo, porsche etc...

KIGO1987
24th June 2010, 10:34 PM
I thought this was an exclusive for the other console out there.

Im sure this NFS is going to be one of the better ones with the Criterion team involved in the project, with there bloody brilliant Burnout games. Recent NFS have been just crap. Havent liked them at all, pretty much given up on all the new NFS games in recent times, cars are awful to drive, waayyyy too fidgety to drive at high speeds, something stuffed with the design of the car dynamics or something, cars have a mind of them own. I reckon this new NFS, the new Hot Pursuit will be good, a must buy on my list. Will rent it out first before i consider buying it.