PDA

View Full Version : wipeout 3 promotional (press) pack.. check this ebay auction

Mano
17th January 2003, 05:38 AM
Just seen this on Ebay, very interesting, maybe someone here is interested on this?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2906364029&category=2243

If someone decides to buy this, maybe a chance of sharing the artwork and sketches inside the cd?

Myke_AG_Sys™
17th January 2003, 04:45 PM
Now I wish I had a VISA. ^_^

DJ Techno
17th January 2003, 04:47 PM
LIke Myke said.

Accept I have get my Ebay account to work. :)

Hybrid Divide
18th January 2003, 02:42 AM
I just might go for it.

And yeah, I'll share!

Mano
18th January 2003, 03:11 AM
Great!, i hope you can nail the auction Vagrant, just a little advice (i think you already know this..), dont bid until theres only 5-4 minutes left in the auction, that way you get a better price (you dont scare bidders so they wont raise bids), and you make sure you are the one getting the item, and in case you want to make sure you get it, use the proxy bid option, but, again, dont input your bid until 5-4 min left on the auction, if you got a fast connection then until the last 3-1 minutes, but thats playing too much with the time, just make sure the auction doesnt close before you post your bid...

GOOD LUCK!

Hybrid Divide
23rd January 2003, 12:54 AM
(sure hope I spelled it right.)

I bid on the press pack, but you had outbid me! I'm going to let you go ahead and get it. But PLEASE, burn me a copy / share the artwork.

Than-Ku in advance.

Mano
23rd January 2003, 05:51 AM
hey guys!, oh you didnt followed the auction till the last moment...., some person with the nick t-akashi won the auction... oh well, better luck next time. why do you guys didnt follow my advice :( (hehehe looks like the auction winner did exactly what i said, according to the bidding history, tho he seems to have left plenty of time to be outbid), i surely would have liked someone in this forum to win the auction, or maybe t-akashi is in the forums? :o :-? :( .

Well if i can find any other one of those auctions when and if they pop up, rest assured i will holler another heads-up like this one. Maybe next time :wink: .

Hybrid Divide
23rd January 2003, 08:05 AM
I emailed T-Akashi.
Telling him about the forums.

And letting him know how much we'd all appreciate it if he shared the artwork.

Let's hope he goes for it!
Let's be friends!

jmoid
24th January 2003, 01:52 PM
good job dude, i'd like to see that artwork.

Aka-sho
24th January 2003, 03:51 PM
Thank you Vagrant Logic. :D
It's me. I'll share the artwork soon.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/7230/wipeout/img/wo_banner_mini.gif Aka-sho.
We love WipEout all over the world. (http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/7230/wipeout/)

Lance
24th January 2003, 04:07 PM
:D
very good. i suspected it might be you, Aka-sho. i'm glad to see that it was. :)
i expect to see some new artwork on your site, soon ;)

auslander
25th January 2003, 12:18 AM
LOL,

you sniped me!

;D

aus!

Aka-sho
8th February 2003, 10:07 AM
Hi all wiper. :D
I got the wipeout3 promo pack. 8)

check & download this file(.zip format 11MB)
http://aka-sho.hp.infoseek.co.jp/wipeout/wipeout3_promo.zip

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/7230/wipeout/img/wo_banner_mini.gif Aka-sho.
We love wipEout all over the world. (http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/7230/wipeout/)

xEik
8th February 2003, 03:15 PM
We love you!

Possible spoiler. Those who have already checked the files drag down after clicking here

Have you noticed that Assegai ship is blueish? The racing league logo in different colours looks wrong but I know I'd say the same thing if they had chosen the one that seems to have been rejected.

The hi-res snapshots from the intro (they seem to be taken directly from the computer that rendered it) are sweet. Curly says GO ! But coolest of them all are the the sketches. I totally love them, speciallly that view of Manor Top.

DOMO ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU !

Lance
8th February 2003, 07:46 PM
oh
my
gahd

what a great collection of glorious stuff

thank you, Aka-sho

Lance
8th February 2003, 08:01 PM
MegaMall is under thERe?! holy sheet!

Myke_AG_Sys™
8th February 2003, 08:04 PM
Oh boy, Aka-sho, I want to have your babies! ^_^

I've not even downloaded the zip yet. I'm so excited, it's like X-mas.

Myke.

Hybrid Divide
8th February 2003, 08:26 PM
You guys have any idea how much easier this will make it to create new Wip3out type art?

This is FANTASTIC!! :D

Aka-Sho, on behalf of everyone here... THAN-KU!
(Even though everyone is thanking you anyways.)

You rock Aka-Sho, I just wish I had won that bid, but meh!
Thank god it was someone on the forums!

Now if we could only find such discs for the rest of the games..... 8)

Vagrant Logic

Thruster2097
8th February 2003, 10:24 PM
oh, way to go, aka-sho! :lol:

this does mean that the fusion promo disc is going to be zipped and available for download....

--edit--
I just figured out FTP!!
I will host the fusion press disc. Its about 40MB, in .zip format, and I had to take out some european cover arts (I just included English)

should be available for download in about 24 hrs.... :P

xEik
8th February 2003, 11:44 PM
This reminds me... those who have available WO content but lack the public space, feel free to send me a private message. I can host your files (if they are worth it ;) ) without monthly bandwidth limit at a decent speed (at least better than the one provided by free webspace).

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Hybrid Divide
8th February 2003, 11:56 PM
Thruster,

Can you have the euro cover art in another Zip? or does it look the same?

I don't think I've seen it.

Than-Ku
Vagrant Logic

auslander
9th February 2003, 01:16 AM
Excellent scanning Aka-sho!

^_^

we all thank you heartily.

aus!

Thruster2097
9th February 2003, 08:20 AM
err... slight problem with my hoster..... they are still "...provisioning my request"
It WILL be available, just not now, I guess :P
check back soon......

I included the PAL cover art, and I took out the german, italian, spanish editions. Same art, just a different language. It's just because of the size. At the mo, its about 40MB, which is a BIG file for anyone... but a straight copy of the pressdisc, zipped, is about 130MB, and I can only host 100MB.
I suppose I could post them individually, but I would prefer to send them through e-mail attachments on a request basis.

xEik
9th February 2003, 11:53 AM
Did you read my previous post? ;)

jmoid
9th February 2003, 05:09 PM
thank you very much aka-sho!

Mano
10th February 2003, 05:06 AM
This is great stuff, thanks Aka-sho!

Mator
11th February 2003, 10:23 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
shose sketches ,they're just.......(Mator's crying(he's so happy...) )

xEik
11th February 2003, 11:31 PM
I hereby propose Aka-sho for the golden E-Pack avatar. This press pack has really charged my weakened shields. :D

zargz
14th February 2003, 01:20 AM
wowzers!! 40 meg :o :o :o
thougth this topic was dead!!
let's c .. 43 min left of the download .. ok
I'll cach up with the rest of the topics then! 8)

jmoid
15th February 2003, 03:08 PM
just finished downloading the w3 press-pack... thank you again aka-sho, this is incredible stuff!!!

Thruster2097
22nd February 2003, 10:57 PM
errrr...... :oops:

yet again, thruster falls on his huge, hairy *** and fails to deliver the goods.

Sorry guys, I know youre probably bored of hearing my excuses, but my ISP "Tiscali" are "still provisioning my request" for my www.webspace. Not bad.... seeing as it should have taken 30 mins, but is now 2 weeks and counting! :evil:

Point of message is ....
Have spoken to member xeik.
He will hopefully host the fusion presskit.
more details to follow.

Now, if you`ll excuse me, I`m about to verbally abuse someone at tiscali..........

xEik
23rd February 2003, 12:09 AM
/xEik brings public shame on himself since he has discovered that his disk quota for that account is between 40 and 50 MB. This meaning that I cannot host the entire presskit. :oops: :cry:

It is my fault for not reading carefully enough Thruster's post. I wasn't conscious that those files were that big. Still, I'm willing to use that space to host as many files as I can. The good points are that there is no monthly bandwidth limit, nobody (not even me) has to pay for it, I plan no other use for that account and download speed is rather good (I've just downloaded a file at 700kB/s).

Summing up, I deserve to be laughed at for having such a big mouth but I hope I can still be useful to the community in some way.

Thruster2097
23rd February 2003, 12:17 AM
.... (resorting to plan B).....

errr....

......got bandwidth? :lol:

xEik
23rd February 2003, 12:23 AM
Bandwidth isn't the problem. Disk quota is. :( You said that without some cover art it was about 40 MB. I can indeed host that. I deserve a second chance. :D

But now that I think of it. Isn't this file a bit big for normal users? A dial-up connection going at 56kbps would take more than one hour and a half to download. Downloading from a University network is sweet but even with an ADSL it may be a bit long. Wouldn't it be more sensible to heave it divided in some different packs?

Thruster2097
23rd February 2003, 01:33 AM
well, this is the five-0.
there is one single packshot (unzipped 9.29mb), some text files (unzipped 307kb) and...... tons of screengrabs (unzipped 81.8mb)

I suppose you could just have the packaging, and the text files available and then go find some screengrabs from cvg.com or something.... :-?

1. straws
2. clutching
3. at
please re-arrange sentence and send on a postcard to...... :)