PDA

View Full Version : Wip3out your PC! (Mods: please delete Goteki45 Boot Screens

Hybrid Divide
15th January 2003, 10:46 PM
As some of you may have seen earlier, I'm in the process of making XP Boot screens for every team logo from every game, pilot icon, league logo, and class logo. Though you'll need a program to patch them into Windows, I haven't been able to do it yet since all the screens use different color schemes. I use Boot XP. It's about $8, but more easily obtained elsewhere. :-?

Along with that, I'll be making a logon screen with a Wip3out theme to it, and possibly some backgrounds too.

It's a few days late.. and a while yet in comming, but it's my preasent for the community for WipEoutZone Year 2.0 Anniv.

Cheers.

Currently, I have a loading phrase that partains to each game (for WipEout 1 it was "Data loading, hold tight!". Should I go with that phrase for all of them? or something else?

Suggestions welcome!

Dragon
16th January 2003, 01:54 AM
Cool, when i get my new comp, i'll d/l them :)

jmoid
16th January 2003, 10:45 AM
DJ techno asked in the other topic if anyone had the team logos so i did a search on google for wip3out wallpaper as somewhere there is an exact copy of the original wip3out site which has wallpapers (does anyone have the URL?)

turned up some interesting sites
http://www.geocities.com/mothramegas/index.htm#
http://fsnet.ezthemes.com/pcenhance/dt/preview.phtml?blank+11042

Task
16th January 2003, 02:46 PM
I love the idea of a windows boot screen.
Since I'm not running XP, changing my boot screen is a simple matter of renaming a file. I like the idea of using the WO1 screen exactly as is. Change the track data to something else and I think you've got a winner on your hands. I always did like the WO1 "loading... please wait..." screen. It was fun and colourful.

Lance
16th January 2003, 03:30 PM
i don't know about the copy of the original wo3 site, but the Kleber site still exists:
http://www.kleber.net/wipeout3/
it still has team logos and graphic studies made for the game., this is where some of the downloads on the wz came from, or at least, they're identical to them, but there are additional things at Kleber

Hybrid Divide
16th January 2003, 06:22 PM
Task: I was doing Team logos, not the loading screen. but for Wipeout 1 logos I'll be using the phrase "Data Loading: Hold Tight!" like it says on the loading screen. It's the damn 16 color limit that keeps me to this. (and the logos are made for XP, but feel free anyhow!) :D

Key: no number = WO1, 2 = XL/2097, 3 = Wip3out, Fusion = Fusion logo (Duh)
(Game Spesific games have no number aka Assegai)

Currently I have done: Goteki-45, Feisar 3, AG-sys 3, AG-sys Lets Be Friends, Pirhana 3, Assegai, Auricom 3, and Icaras

I'll also throw in a few extras. Other WO logos, the official Ynos Aero Drive Systems Boot Screen, a Vagrant Logic logo, and whatever else I can think of, possibly a special WZ one. :D

Hybrid Divide
16th January 2003, 07:44 PM
Anyone who's played WipEout 64 has seen the Piranha II logo. Different from any other Piranha logo.

If found, please send, a boot screen will be made.

jmoid
17th January 2003, 09:33 AM
thanks Lance, that was the site I was meant. of course i could have just pointed people to the download section on this site, duh :roll: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/downloads/w3wallpapers.zip

Lance
17th January 2003, 04:54 PM
the Kleber site has far more of the original material, though. i was thinking that wz has mostly the screensavers, but not the large multiple logo sheets and an image of the typeface, Kleber also has an image showing the 8 racetrack diagrams, although i'm thinking Hi-fumii actually has a crossover in it instead of a near meeting. is there a crossover in Hi-fumii? am i just imagining it?

Wiseman
19th January 2003, 03:58 AM
Yeah, there's a crossover, the last jump you make before the finish line, you're going over the portion of the track that's after the hard right turn and before the last tunnel (with the super thin track).

It's kinda hard to show on a overhead map like that though, so they made a gap, and moved one side up a little to show there was a jump there. Otherwise it would look like they intersected eachother, ala Vohl Square Course 3 in Fusion.

Hybrid Divide
22nd January 2003, 04:42 AM
I've been having some display trouble with the bootscreens.
So they will be delayed till I can figure out the root of the problem.

A lot of blue colors just get blacked out.. and that REALLY doesn't look good on some FEISAR / Auricom logos.

If anyone else knows about bootscreen making, perhaps you could help?
(aka other methods for changing the 16 color palette? or other Boot Screen Programs)

All ideas welcome.
Than-Ku for the patient waiting.

VL OUT!