PDA

View Full Version : Artwork

sherifx
12th January 2003, 01:51 AM
Does anybody have any digital or other type of artwork, vehicle designs/blueprints etc? I'm particularily interested in Feisar, EG.R and Piranha. Thanks

sherifx

infoxicated
12th January 2003, 09:47 AM
I could probably get my hands on a couple of blueprint style images for the ships - I'll investigate further next week and get back to you.

Since this is the kind of download that would almost certainly be leeched, and otherwise very popular, it might have to wait until we've moved to the new server though.

Vasudeva
12th January 2003, 01:47 PM
Didn't they use to have such "blueprints" available at the official wipeout 3 site? (www.wip3out.com). I recall so... Or at least scale models of logos and little flags.

Peace!
V.

sherifx
16th January 2003, 10:05 PM
any updates on this?

sherifx

infoxicated
16th January 2003, 10:06 PM
Sorry - Haven't had time this week, and I'm off to London for the weekend tomorrow.

Promise to look into it when I get back :)

Dragon
16th January 2003, 10:34 PM
Have fun in london man :)
I want to go to England someday and try to make the Guards that stand in front of the palice move. Anyway pertaning to this topic, i to would enjoy those images.

Damon
17th January 2003, 11:59 AM
> I want to go to England someday and try to make the Guards that stand in front of the palice move.

Stroll past them with an Uzi under your arm mate. I bet they'd bloody shift then. :D

infoxicated
30th January 2003, 08:28 AM
Erm... it turns out I cant get hold of the blueprints for you.

I've been relocated to a place where I cant exactly get hold of them without going on a wander and stealing them!

Sorry about this - if I can manage to get something I'll let you know :)

Dragon
30th January 2003, 09:14 PM
hehehe, i'll spray fart spray near them. They won't know what hit them lol :D

Hybrid Divide
30th January 2003, 11:01 PM
Infox, why should a company leave something like that away from the public?

I'd send Sony $1 for blueprints of an AG-Craft.

Stuff like that should be send out for the fans, if nothing else..

Hope you can get them somehow :-?

Cheers.

VL

infoxicated
20th February 2003, 10:36 AM
GOTTEM!

Okay - I happened to ask the artist who done the Wipeout Fusion render we had on the front end of the site (still there at the bottom, at time of writing), and he was responsible for the blueprints.

So now I have them all - not scanned, pictured, or anything like that, but rendered direct from the 3D program they were created in... oh yes! :D

Along with blueprints for every team, I also have weathered versions, which look like actual proper blueprints stolen from a lab/factory... kind of thing. (I'm sure you know what I mean).

In a very short while, I'll have the regular versions available for download on the site.

However, tying in with my other thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=835) nicely, I will have HUGE (well, large) printed copies of the weathered versions available for a small fee (ten dollar, sucky sucky, probably). These will be made to order - your choice of team, plus each one will be accompanied by the signature of the original artist - just so you know it's a real, honest original and not just a print.

How cool would that look, framed and mounted on a wall of your choice??! :D 8)

More details to come... soon :)

xEik
20th February 2003, 11:55 AM
We wants it, we wants it. We swear, we swear on... on... on the Precious!

By the way, my offer on mirroring is still up.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Hybrid Divide
20th February 2003, 01:40 PM
I got blueprints to buy! :D
Way to go Infox, you're a hero.

Score another Victory for WipEoutZone! :D

W00t!

infoxicated
20th February 2003, 02:13 PM
We wants it, we wants it. We swear, we swear on... on... on the Precious!You can be quite unnerving at times man... :o

The Smeegle solilquy's in that film were some of the most amazing, yet disturbing CGI ever created, IMHO!

N.B. (George Lucas - *that* is how you tell a story, pal!)

xEik
20th February 2003, 07:03 PM
Unnerving? Why? What's taters?

By the way, I could do with an AG-5Y5 one for sure.

infoxicated
20th February 2003, 08:23 PM
Very good!

Sadly there's no AG-Sys available - these are Wipeout Fusion ship blueprints only... sorry... :)

xEik
20th February 2003, 09:09 PM
Aaaargh! Curse those who decided AG-5Y5 was expendable. :evil:
I forgot this post was in Fusion forum. :( Well I'll wait and see if any of the others still interests me.

Mogaar
21st February 2003, 06:04 PM
Heck yeah! That is so cool that you managed to get those blueprints, Infox! I would gladly pay ten dollars for those...

stin
21st February 2003, 07:24 PM
I don`t care as long we would like to see it!!! please :o :o :o :o

stin :D

Spaceboy Gajo
23rd February 2003, 06:52 PM
Now that's what I was talking about way back in the eZboard forums. I'd help out as long as us members got a "thank you" gift.

I'd help out any ways even if there was nothing in return for a resonable price.

Infoxicated has done an absolute amazing job with this place. Usually a lot good things on the Internet goes down the dumps because of punks, but we've managed to filter them out and this place I feel can only get better!

I'd love to have a framed Feisar art piece while I'm typing and hanging with the fine lads and lasses here!

spaceboy gajo :)

infoxicated
24th February 2003, 07:59 PM
Heck yeah! That is so cool that you managed to get those blueprints, Infox! I would gladly pay ten dollars for those...It just so happens that, since you're the first person to donate to WipeoutZone, I might just be able to help you out with some Blueprints.

I'll also throw in a Wipeout Fusion render signed by the artist and a copy of some concept artwork for Wipeout 2097 by Jim Bowers! In fact, the concept art is so old (and rare) that it actually has Wipeout 2 sketched in places (these are excellent pencil drawings - showing a pilot standing by his ship and a team pit crew working on a ship that's floating in the pit lane!).

And, as an extra special bonus, I'll include a limited mix cd of the Wipeout 3 soundtrack - previously available as a prize on the Mega Mall Madness challenge last summer. :D

Send me your address Mogaar and I'll have that lot winging its way to California in no time. :)

(n.b. Not a bad haul for someone who has only posted three times!)

xEik
24th February 2003, 08:12 PM
/me looks at Mogar with envy... Nah! :D He deserves it. ;) Well done.

Mogaar
24th February 2003, 08:44 PM
That is SO cool. I saw the post detailing how much it costs to run this site and began thinking, "Ten dollars? That's not very much... " What other game site am I gonna give money to? IGN? Not likely...

Anyway, the people on this board are very cool and friendly. Anywhere else I'd be branded with the charming term "newbie" because I haven't posted in a billion threads. I guess I just tend to be a little shy (sniff sniff) and don't post a whole lot. But on the whole, this group is loads better than the horror that is on the Fusion board...

Task
24th February 2003, 09:01 PM
Ha! "The horror that is the Fusion board"! That's hilarious! That one's sticking around for a while. Your sentiment is echoed here by enough people that the echo is likely deafening.
Congrats on the haul Mogaar, and thanks for Being In The 'Zone.

U V
7th March 2003, 06:48 PM
[mildly off-topic]
you should all go to 'The Designers Republic' site as they did the graphics for the first game

Lance
7th March 2003, 09:59 PM
the first three games, actually. they only did the minor stuff like logos and interface text and such. i suspect most of us have been there once or twice. especially Nuwie! :D
he would probably take me to task for the use of the word 'minor'

Hybrid Divide
7th March 2003, 10:57 PM
You think you could scan that artwork?

I'll know in a week wether or not I have a job. If I do, there are forseeable donations somewhere downt he pipe.

Than-Ku for donating!

Any idea when the blueprints might be up for download?
Sorry if I seem to be asking too much! :-?
I really mean it when I say Than-Ku!

Mogaar
16th April 2003, 03:00 PM
Hey all,

I just got the blueprints Fox sent to me (along with a ton of other stuff for luckily being the first one to donate to Wipeout Zone). They are very cool. If you can swing it, donate money and get some! They're fairly large and begging for framing. Plus, they're signed! And Fox sends them in a protective tube-y thing (for which I am very grateful, as I think my postman hates me and mauls most of my mail out of blind spite - he couldn't get at the prints though...HAH).

Anyway, cool prints and a cheap price. Go on, get some! :D

infoxicated
16th April 2003, 04:02 PM
Glad you got them safely, man :)

The one of the "Wipeout 2" craft being serviced is very rare and exclusive. And it was mine, but after a year and a half I hadn't found anywhere to hang it, so I thought it was more deserved elsewhere. :)

Spaceboy Gajo
16th April 2003, 06:38 PM
So is the artwork a go?

I would have glady donated, but I'm waiting for Infoxicated to say these words.

Blueprints are a go.

spaceboy gajo :)

infoxicated
16th April 2003, 10:29 PM
If you want a full sized A4 style print out with weathering, signed by the original artist, then I think a donation of around $10 is appropriate - stating of course in the comments section of the payment what craft you want blue prints for.

I'm not sure how much postage & packaging was for Mogaar's one because I didn't buy the tube and I wasn't the one who posted it (I have a secretary here at WipeoutZone HQ for this kind of thing! ;)), but a donation of $10 would probably cover most instances and any money left over will go towards the server fund :)

I do intend to get the regular wallpaper blueprints available for download this weekend - I have a four day holiday and I'll finally be able to get some time on the computer. Granted, these wont be as swish as the weathered ones, and I'll probably slap a WipeoutZone logo on them to stop them being used elsewhere (remember our old friend Julian for that one :roll: ).

foxfoil
17th April 2003, 07:57 AM
is that blueprint offer still on?

i think i want one for each team, but all depends on the minimum contribution... is there a minimum for each print ?

Mogaar
17th April 2003, 03:14 PM
Glad you got them safely, man :)

The one of the "Wipeout 2" craft being serviced is very rare and exclusive. And it was mine, but after a year and a half I hadn't found anywhere to hang it, so I thought it was more deserved elsewhere. :)

The service print was yours? Thanks, man. I'm gonna have to frame that one for sure. They all look really good though...