PDA

View Full Version : Need Challenge Help

sherifx
11th January 2003, 01:09 PM
Hello, sorry for lurking for so long and not saying anything til now, but I need some help. I have almost the whole game beat but I'm stuck primarily on the challenges (and the Zones for some reason). I can't seem to get anywhere with the Auricom ships... I just have soo much difficulty handling them... any advice? Additionally, I don't know about the rest of the challenges, but the Tigron "challenge 1" race seems absolutely impossible. Its like some of the vehicles disappear from sight... and in that period, they pass me completely... even though I had just caught up to them moments earlier. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
sherifx

Yuret
11th January 2003, 09:42 PM
Is this the tigron race in alca vexus 3 with turbos as the only weapon? If it is then the best tactic is to use the shortcut in the track where you drop off to the left beside the waterfall which practically takes you out in front. As for the auricom challenges...umm well I suppose its really a case of getting used to the ships controls and handling since i cant really remember the challenges offhand at the mo...

sherifx
12th January 2003, 01:50 AM
I thought I noticed them going off the track. I was unaware of any short-cuts... Thanks! Are there anymore shortcuts I should make myself aware of? Thanks again for all your help

sherifx

Piranha Advancements
12th January 2003, 04:38 PM
Just use the waterfall shortcut.There are 2 in that race.One is mentioned before and the other is a turbo boost over a large gap.I can never get that dang Tigron to jump that gap constantly.Just use the waterfall like Yuret said,fall off to the left of the track and you're in.Just hope that the comp ships dont use it too much.

There are more shortcuts in the other tracks but I can't remember any of them since I havent played it in months.Just adapt to Auricom or any other ship's style of control.Personally,I didnt have any problem with any challenges and I pile the golds as I unlock teams.

Lance
12th January 2003, 08:03 PM
''Personally,I didnt have any problem with any challenges and I pile the golds as I unlock teams.''
do i detect a little bragging there? foul called due to unnecessary roughness. ;)

Yuret
12th January 2003, 08:15 PM
Well most of the other shortcuts are reached by those yellow trigger pad thingys on the ground. Theres 1 tricky shortcut to reach on mandrashee 2. Fly over the trigger pad to get the ramp up, and then steer to the right so you ride on top of the bridges metal suspension. It leads you on top of the mountain to a hidden shortcut. This is the only way to get gold in the time trial for that track.

Hatten
11th June 2003, 06:30 PM
(A reply to what Yuret wrote (about the time trial in the auricom challenges))
That's not true!! IT CAN BE DONE!! I finaly did it after about 100 tries (no lie!).
You will have to fly the stage perfect (meaning no wall touching) and not be using any of the airbrakes, and hit (if possible) all of the speed-up-pads.
Though when I played the time trial mode I couldn' t make it (the pirana ship is to fast to handle without using the airbrakes, and I didn't want to use more time trying to fly the stage perfectly), that's when I discovered the short cut - which made it a lot easyer.