PDA

View Full Version : 2010-04-21: Forum Upgrade at 10:30 GMT

infoxicated
21st April 2010, 10:30 AM
I'll be upgrading the forum to the latest release in the next five minutes.

If you're posting I suggest you make a copy of any words of wisdom you've committed to keyboard just in case you lose them.

If I had to guesstimate it in seconds I'd say we should be back in less than 85291... which is less than Lady GaGa's weekly Four Square score, fact fans.

infoxicated
21st April 2010, 11:01 AM
Okay, that's it done - let me know if you experience anything weird.

Mainly in the use of the forum I mean, but should you get home today and find that your dog has taught itself to juggle then tell me about that, too. :)

ACE-FLO
8th July 2010, 01:00 PM
Hey Rob, I was editing a post within a thread Kigo made titled "Fuuuuuuuuuck!!!" and I hit the SEND button, only to discover that when the page refreshed - my post looked like it did when I was editing it, complete with all the editing tools and stuff :? weird, because I could see the finished posts of KGB1971 and Kigo above and below mine... I thought I must have "Quick Edited" the post (not that I've ever used that feature) also thinking this is the reason the display is funny. Anyway, I hit the SEND button for the second time and get this error message come up. SO I thought I'd report it to you... Image attached! :)

KIGO1987
8th July 2010, 02:57 PM
Actually ive got that error page a few times myself in recent times. Most recently today about the same time as ACE-FLO did.

infoxicated
13th July 2010, 02:54 PM
This looks to have been a temporary issue with the database server - I haven't had a flood of error emails about it, so it's hard to say what might have caused it otherwise.

ACE-FLO
15th July 2010, 12:58 PM
SOrry to be back here again Rob, but for the last couple of days, accessing PMS from WZ has been wierd. I access the site from my PS3 and when I try and open my PMs all I get is WZ page (header up top) and the rest is just blank... I tried opening the messages by loggin out and logging back in but same result.

Hold on, I'll post a pic :)

infoxicated
15th July 2010, 01:51 PM
The PS3 browser has issues with vBulletin - it's not specific to WipEoutZone, as there are a few other vBulletin based sites I use and I encounter problems if I post via the PS3 browser.

Viewing is generally fine, though.

There is a new version of vBulletin available, so I'll upgrade at the weekend and we'll see if that helps.

ACE-FLO
16th July 2010, 03:02 PM
Ah, Rob, thats cool mate, but if its gonna cost you any £££ then don't worry coz I can always run upstairs to my sisters room and use her dinosaur of a PC (it's 10 yrs old and only works when it feels like it :D)

Cheers bud :) :beer

infoxicated
16th July 2010, 03:24 PM
Nah, it's already paid for - we have a "lifetime license" which means we get upgrades for free.

mdhay
16th July 2010, 04:23 PM
How much did that set you back?

infoxicated
16th July 2010, 05:13 PM
$175.00 usd last November.

We should technically be on version 4.0 of vBulletin, but I haven't had the time or inclination to run the upgrade.

Might do it this weekend if I'm feeling like inviting a lot of hassle into my life.

mdhay
16th July 2010, 05:38 PM
That's around £90, isn't it? Might be wrong, I've never been good at converting.

ACE-FLO
27th July 2010, 03:09 PM
Way, I can view all my PMs again :) I guess you upgraded then? :)