PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2

RedScar
11th April 2010, 08:44 PM
So ya, I was never really a huge SC fan, although I have played it quite a lot when I had my high school's LAN network (lols) many moons ago. Lately I've been looking more and more into SC2 mainly because there is nothing on the market for PC games, and until Battlefield 3 is announced nothing going to be for me. As such I think I might be picking whenever it comes out, not sure if I will be picking up the collector's edition, even thought it REALLY looks worth it.

Reg will be $59.99US and Collector's will be $99.99US, and for $40 you actually get a lot of cool stuff.

http://us.starcraft2.com/features/collector/

Its that or I'm back into WoW for the next expansion, which I have mixed feelings for.

If you guys are looking for some replay's of SC2, check out either of these two youtube links. Both are run by avid commentators that don't make it seem so nerdy :P.
http://www.youtube.com/user/hdstarcraft?blend=2&ob=4
http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft

RedScar
20th May 2010, 07:19 AM
Got a beta key, anyone else have one?
Won 2, D/Ced from 1, got raped 2 times
Ok for the first day I think

amplificated
28th May 2010, 09:26 PM
Got my hands on a beta key a couple of weeks ago, got hooked for a while and discovered the game has a huge variety of players and your streak can go one way to another in a moment.

After the recent wipe, I got put in diamond league because i won 5 easy matches in placement; i think you should have to earn your way into it as it's the top tier... anyway already down to platinum, lol, played about 40 games and won more than i've lost, so not going too badly I suppose.

Not liking the custom maps that much surprisingly; I really liked the custom maps a lot more than the regular game in the original, but none of the ones that have been released are really doing it for me at the moment.

And the game needs some optimisations for its frame rate, I recently got a pretty good pc and in some custom games my fps goes from its usual 70+ to 11. The graphics aren't that good, I should be able to get more than that under any condition it throws at me.

Ah well, will def pick it on release in any case.

RedScar
28th May 2010, 09:51 PM
I haven't played it since patch 13, heard some horrible lag issues and I've fallen back in love with League of Legends. I agree though with the custom maps, it takes some time before the cream of the crop is able to rise above the rest.

What is ur BNet id? Add me, RedScar

amplificated
30th May 2010, 06:54 PM
I'm Amplificated there as well. I'll try add you, I don't know if they've added regions to the beta yet though.

edit:
lol, you can't add someone just from their username in the friends menu. You can only add someone to your f list, from just a username, by playing with them first. On the main friends menu you can only add "real" friends (you can see their full name, etc.) for some reason, and you need their email that they signed up to B.net with. That's astounding.

RedScar
1st June 2010, 06:29 AM
Well a few of the custom maps are great fun, enjoy them more then the actual game lol.