PDA

View Full Version : What Is your favorite CCG TCG (collectable card game or trading card game) you have played or seen

DJ Techno
27th March 2010, 04:55 PM
During playing Wipeout and all other things.

I was into collectable cards, card games, and trading cards.

Anybody can say Baseball or Basketball cards

no not what i mean

Cards from companies who made Marvel Comics, Star Wars, Magic the Gathering.
and more...

and im not going to say Pokemon and Yu Gi O
them two are already overrated!

I do my AG Racing at times.

but i do my fun times with groups of people at there house, my house, college campus, comic shop, or big money giving tournaments like the one in San Franciso for the Wizards of the Coast 2010 MTG tournament. big Money prize there

Magic the Gathering
Star Wars by Decipher
Hyberion Gates
Babylon 5

some of them i play. hit up the table with friends and more

sell my decks to make money back from what i invested on

But I know theirs got to folks who also got involved in stuff like this...

if i made a list...
A to backwards R

it probably go like yu gi o last maybe

to battle tech

to MTG

to something else.

Kyonshi
27th March 2010, 05:14 PM
I've been a looong time M:TG player, during the early editions such as Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, 4th Edition. In the end it was too expensive and the prices were getting ridiculous. Only the spoiled brats would have all the best cards and tourneys were a big joke. But while it lasted it was memorable years :)

Hellfire_WZ
28th March 2010, 08:12 AM
I'm an MTG player too, started playing back in the days of Urza's Saga. Was never particularly amazing at it but I did have a few decks that seemed to work quite well. A blue/green deck based on the Swoop pre-built from Apocalypse that I had a lot of fun with: flyers, fatties and lots of return-to-hand cards. A heavily modified version of the Max Attax deck from Scourge, red/green. Tons of big creatures coupled with smaller ones that generate mana or reduce casting cost. Or just outright allow you to put them into play without paying for them. My favourite though was a small red deck that was just pure direct damage. I made it just for a laugh but it worked surprisingly well!

Haven't played for ages, but I still do get together with a few friends on occasion and have a bash :)

drell
28th March 2010, 08:44 AM
Still have my Magic cards. Stopped at Scourge, started when it was Nemesis? that ring/mask symbol anyways.

Cleric white deck with massive healing potential. It is not rare to go over 50 life. I happen to have a sorcery where I can go grab an enchantment: with 50 life or more, you win the game. Also has Akroma in it, got it from my first Legion booster. I was really happy. :g Also this deck can kill with Doubtless Ones, that are as powerful as the number of clerics in play (and there can be lots)

Beast red and green deck with lots of trample, high power creature. Made at Scourge pre-release I believe it was. Won a few matches against randoms too, it was pretty cool! Didn't go too far though, I think I won two. Massive boosts to creature power, really a raw strenght deck.

Blue wizard deck with lots of counters, and the best: remove deck from game. I have wizards that when dealing damage to other players, they remove top ten cards from the game. other flying, look at top five, remove 3. When opponent runs out of cards to draw, he dies! Low power creatures, but I can make them bypass enemy creatures with enchantments.

Some other small decks, like Knights deck, which only have Knight creature type and protection against many color, plus Lost Order of Jarkeld (First Magic card I got, but it was preowned and alone.) I also have General Jarkeld that I got since.

Yeah, Magic was a big thing at school, after Pokemon it was this and we spent our dinner playing cards. Really cool :g My most unbeatable deck was the white cleric.
Ok enough xD

DJ Techno
28th March 2010, 07:41 PM
thats awesome...

but however your cleric deck was made...

defiantly now. with the series that have came out for MTG

the white cleric deck... something i have made would smoke it and put them clerics to turn toward the dark side....

Yes!

We have cookies!

i started playing it.. every since the beginning of alpha/beta

im the old school player who went from the beginning. i got away from it because of the card collectible things Marvel and DC and Chaos comics brought out for kids, young men etc.

got into collecting the MTG along with those comic cards after 1994.

went back into playing real hard on MTG after 98-99. when i got the friends and groups together it be a free match online, over the telephone, at the cafe, at their place, my place, or the closest comic shop.

and in Columbia, SC. before their was less than 3 or 4. there was just two real big comic/card shops

heroes n dragons and Silver city.

Kinda shows how big my Capital City is!!! huh!

i bought the boxs, packs, singles, and single by card.

Love the whole Tempest Series to Urza Saga series.

Never read the books tho!

Urza saga had a good writer and so did a couple other series before and after that.

seen some of the Magic the Gathering Comic books. never did buy them along with buying, reading, and collecting.

Lady Death
Wolverine
X-Men
Captain America
Savage Dragon
and so on.

Hell now i restarted being a DCI member, no longer like some of my other friends, DCI Judges and know rules and sanctions and stuff.

play a bit on the WOC online for the MTG.

and recreated some decks for myself to play in the legal sanction tournaments and off with friends.

like i said about beating a white cleric deck.

all i have to do. is pull out the three color deck or red/blue deck or black deck

three color
was angels that would do the dirty work
now play with planeswalkers who create the easy work
and control the game globally with stay on the field effects

red/blue
simple counter, deplete your entire deck, and pull out burn and dragons

black deck
combine depleting your hand and deck every turn
and let the creatures do the rest of the job

DeepMix
28th March 2010, 08:52 PM
i used to play magic and yugioh cards long time ago, it was really fun :) expensive aswell :/ unfornately i had to sell my magic deck so i dont have it anymore :( i only have my yugioh deck (from the good old series, not the crappy new one)

i used to play with artifacts, it was a strong deck indeed :( on yugioh i still have a lot of cards and decks, my main deck uses strong cards like raigeki, jinzo, spell canceler and several super rare and strong cards

DJ Techno
28th March 2010, 11:02 PM
to be honest yu gi o

i watched the cartoon show once and two times...

lol

to be funny. i had to say on some of the episodes after some new a bit more better came out

I wouldn't watched that... its saturday morning... you know the saying saturday morning cartoons.. the weekend.

even pokemon was on.

lol