PDA

View Full Version : CoLD SToRAGE album sale!

billychanxtr33m
26th March 2010, 01:02 AM
from now until april 12 you can get albums for just 1 pound!!

so check it out and support mr. storage!

http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/

AG-wolf
26th March 2010, 10:46 AM
I think it's just that one album :P Otherwise I have a few purchases to make lol

Connavar
26th March 2010, 12:18 PM
It's all the albums, I received a mail from coldstorage saying : ALL my albums 1 pound.
Needless to say, I'm going to buy them!

DJ Techno
26th March 2010, 01:44 PM
one british pound....

how about this...

mail them to the hotel i will be at for six days...

i'll give u 5 bucks for all the albums, they better not be burned cd copies, include lps

and remember i said 5 bucks. cause i paid for the cost of your shipping including..

5 bucks. take or take it.

Connavar
26th March 2010, 02:28 PM
Just checked on the site, every album as at 1 GBP each, you can choose to pay
more if you wish, I think it's a great system!

AG-wolf
27th March 2010, 12:50 PM
awesome, Ill definitely go guy all the ones Ive been meaning to grab. It'll be the last hoorah of a very irresponsible spending spree I've been on for the past couple weeks lol :P

Mike: They're digital downloads, but high quality encoding. Most if it all is actually really good (as if there were any doubt), check some of them out

SaturnReturn
27th March 2010, 01:41 PM
I've bought Tik-Tak, Gravity Crash Anthems, HD, Android Child and MELT. I think that's 75 tracks for £5. Don't think you'll get more value out of a fiver anywhere else tbh.

Is that all the full albums available?

yeldar2097
27th March 2010, 02:10 PM
Can I buy now, download later? I won't have access to my lappy til June but being a student/cheapskate I'm finding this awesome offer very tempting indeed :nod

Dark_Phantom_89
27th March 2010, 02:18 PM
Think I'm gonna buy this - can't pass up an offer this good

SaturnReturn
27th March 2010, 02:34 PM
yeldar - a receipt and link is sent to your email address so I assume you can use that link whenever you want.

stinkleroy
27th March 2010, 02:59 PM
Wow, what a great offer. Purchased! :D
And yeld...what are you doing here? Hehe... :p

Medusa
27th March 2010, 03:24 PM
This is very awesome of CoLD SToRAGE. I'm super flat broke right now, so I almost feel bad paying only a pound. But, YAY!
What a nice way to end winter.

AG-wolf
27th March 2010, 05:28 PM
ive bought one or two albums from his site before; yeah you get a unique download link, dunno if you can re-use it or not, though.

SaturnReturn
27th March 2010, 06:15 PM
Yes you can. I had to at one point because the huge FLAC download failed.

AG-wolf
27th March 2010, 09:59 PM
oh cool, good to know.

What's probably the best quality to download? there are multiple high-bitrate formats to choose from but Im not familiar with the nuances of each

billychanxtr33m
28th March 2010, 01:11 AM
the mp3s are about as high quality as they come. the ACC and flac are "lossless" meaning the maximum quality possible. flac are smaller than acc but not many progs can play flac. generally i cant tell the difference between lossless and mp3s so you would probably be best served with those for size and compatability.

Connavar
30th March 2010, 01:48 PM
Get FLAC, then you can always convert it to a 320kbps mp3, this is what I did:
using flac in winamp on the pc, and winamp converted them to mp3s that I can
use in my phone.

AG-wolf
31st March 2010, 06:14 PM
sagely advice... either that or I'm just oblivious :P I have a standard encoding string I use in LAME which satisfies my ear for quality and OCD for filesize, so I can convert them to WAV and then encode myself. I'll backup the FLAC archives on a DVD though.

q_dmc12
3rd April 2010, 09:45 PM
I bought Melt, Android Child, Moon Bounce and Gravity Crash - I did pay a little more than a pound for each but no more than I was willing and able to spend. I chose not to get HD and Tik Tak, because as I recall those are normally on the cheaper/less expensive side anyway so if I want more cold storage in the future it won't be that much - smart buying. ;)

AG-wolf
4th April 2010, 12:00 PM
i paid about 3-4lbs for each, and went for pretty much everything

Melt
Android child
both gravity crash ones
tik tak
moonbounce

I had bought CSHD a while ago... I felt bad exploiting the you-know-what out of the sale, and hope it wasn't particularly discouraging for Tim to have his work discounted :/ I'm just really broke right now (though I suppose everyone's in the same boat)

Did you get that link to his exclusive song he said he was gonna give a link to the people who took advantage of the sale?

q_dmc12
5th April 2010, 01:56 AM
I did not - still waiting though...:?

billychanxtr33m
5th April 2010, 04:22 PM
I felt bad exploiting the you-know-what out of the sale, and hope it wasn't particularly discouraging for Tim to have his work discounted :/

if he didnt want to sell his stuff on the cheap, he wouldnt of had the sale. besides, making a little less cash on your album sales is better than making no sales at all ;D

Golgofier
7th April 2010, 03:28 PM
Oh wow am I happy I popped in here! :D
Usually don't keep an eye on anything besides the WOHD-section.

Since he's not on Spotify, I'm buying it all! Great stuff :+

Edit: well, I might skip the one track singles but the albums I'm definitely getting.

AG-wolf
8th April 2010, 04:02 AM
grab both Gravity Crash albums, the two arranged tracks are good companions to the full soundtrack he released