PDA

View Full Version : PSP Owners with Multiple PSN Accounts: Question and Answer Thread

Medusa
17th March 2010, 10:57 PM
I've got a few questions for those of you who have multiple PSN accounts and a PSP...specifically those of you with accounts from different regions.

Question 1: I have a UK account, which my PSP is activated on, and now can only access media from the UK PSN Store. If I log into the NA PSN Store (using my NA account and via MediaGo--can't do it on the PSP), and try to download, it says "...connected PSP is activated with another account. If you continue, the certificate for the other account will become invalid..." So, if I do continue, and the certificate for my UK account (I don't what that means obviously) becomes invalid, can I just go back and log into the UK site, thereby repeatedly invalidating certificates at will? Or, once I've switched to the NA, am I stuck for the PSP's life? (I only have one PSP by the way.)

Question 2: Is it possible to change the account information from the PSP? When I try to log in under my NA account it says "You cannot sign in using another's ID".

Kind of irritating, this isn't a huge deal for me but I'm curious as I'd like to get content from both sites. I know at least a few of you have accounts from multiple regions, so I'm wondering how you get around this, if you do at all.

Thanks!

AG-wolf
17th March 2010, 11:01 PM
as far as question 1 goes, I had my PSP registered under my PSN account (North America), then Asayyeah registered it with his account a couple years ago, and I had to reformat my card which re-registered it with my NA PSN account

q2; are you asking if you can change account info USING the PSP to do so? Do you need to? I thought you could change stuff from the PS3 or just by logging onto the site with your computer

Medusa
17th March 2010, 11:06 PM
So the info is in the memory card? I'll try swapping memory cards and see if that makes a difference. EDIT: No, it didn't work.

Regarding Question 2, I was wondering whether I can change which account I'm using, just from the PSP. Without using my PC (don't have a PS3). I don't need to change any information, I just want to be able to switch which account I'm using without turning on the PC, plugging in... I don't need to. I'm just lazy. ;)

New question: This dawned on me just now--I suppose once I change accounts, I'll be unable to play the DLC I bought using the UK account, right?

EDIT AGAIN: Gee, why didn't I search the big wide web. :rolleyes
In case anybody like me comes along, this basically covers it. http://www.pspdemocenter.com/page.php?id=2828
Let me at least complain that it's a pain to have to activate/deactivate accounts to access DLC from each matching region.