PDA

View Full Version : My copy of wipeout hd got un-purchased!

Dan Locke
28th February 2010, 11:11 PM
So I turned on my PS3 today and got an error message telling me that I had been signed out of PSN due to an error. I was perplexed, but I ignored the message and proceeded to load Wipeout HD for a quick race.

Imagine my horror when the main menu informed me that I was playing the trial version of the game! Half of the menu options were grayed-out (no Campaign, Online, or Records), and I could only play with the FEISAR on Vineta K. Last night, I had raced with the Auricom on Tech De Ra and gotten a lap record - now, everything was gone.

So, what happened? Why did my copy of Wipeout HD (with the Fury expansion pack, no less) go down the drain like that? Is there a way that I can get it back? Are my unlocked tracks and vehicles, to say nothing of my records and campaign progress, gone forever? HOW CAN A GAME JUST UN-PURCHASE ITSELF OUT OF THE BLUE?!

EDIT: It seems that the thread title got changed to lowercase, including the name Wipeout HD. Can a moderator fix that?

Woopzilla
28th February 2010, 11:30 PM
I was signed out today while speed lapping. I just immediately signed back in again though, haven't noticed anything odd.

Are you saying it's still like this now? I suppose you've already tried going out of the game, signing in again and reloading the game? Check if you can re-download the 'unlock patch' (I forgot what it's called) after signing back into your account.

I suppose the you're better off contacting customer support... it's doubtful they can brush you off without solving the issue since they're supposed to be providing a service you paid for.

Dan Locke
1st March 2010, 12:18 AM
Are you saying it's still like this now? I suppose you've already tried going out of the game, signing in again and reloading the game?
I can't even sign in in the first place; it keeps giving me the same error (code 8001050F, if you're interested). Resetting the system does nothing.

Check if you can re-download the 'unlock patch' (I forgot what it's called) after signing back into your account.
What "unlock patch"? I downloaded the game, installed it, and started playing it. Same with the Fury pack.

I suppose the you're better off contacting customer support... it's doubtful they can brush you off without solving the issue since they're supposed to be providing a service you paid for.
I hope that they can help, because my other games aren't working either. Fatal Inertia EX refuses to load, citing something about copyright being invalid (code 80029513), PixelJunk Eden is back to demo mode as well, and Fists of Plastic informs me that it's corrupted and needs to be re-installed.

bazookajoe1
1st March 2010, 12:30 AM
The same exact thing is happening to me.

Woopzilla
1st March 2010, 12:32 AM
Nevermind, it's a global PSN issue. I tried checking my PS3 and it gave me the same error as yours (which was the same error I got earlier in the day... but back then it allowed me to login again). I guess Sony have borked something up for good this time.

Just google for 'ps3 psn' and filter the results to 'latest' and you will see general outrage and people not being able to play games.

Will just have to wait it out.

Aeroracer
1st March 2010, 01:58 AM
my wipeout says its got be bought again.. and i got a network error 8001050f

demonstrating why its such a bad idea to buy games off of the playstation store..not only do they modify them and add adverts to them without the owners consent they also just relock them and say you got to buy them again..

SONY=crap :turd :guitar:guitar:pirate

IDReaper
1st March 2010, 02:06 AM
Wow, I haven't been on my PS3 in a while, that is a pretty messed up problem. I may have to get on to feel unpatched physics again though =D. I wish I'd be getting my stuff back as well but I won't be, seeing as I corrupted my WipeoutHD save by accident a few weeks ago. Well, time to get a secret alias and... lol j/k.

ProblemSolver
1st March 2010, 03:30 AM
PSN is down, some titles experiencing game-crashing errors.... (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/28/psn-is-down-some-titles-experiencing-game-crashing-errors/)

This.

blackwiggle
1st March 2010, 03:36 AM
Guys this topic is already open in the off topic section.
There is a bit more to this than meets the eye.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7282

KIGO1987
1st March 2010, 03:39 AM
i got to say Sony Computer Entertainment has been causing a heap of problems recently. Stupid PSN servers disconnect alot. Now this :(

Handmadelion
1st March 2010, 03:41 AM
Kick ass! I can still do single races in either Venom or Flash against the Novice AI!

Hahah! See you all on Vineta K only!

ProblemSolver
1st March 2010, 03:44 AM
... or RL incoming? xD

Dan Locke
1st March 2010, 03:50 AM
Kick ass! I can still do single races in either Venom or Flash against the Novice AI!

Hahah! See you all on Vineta K only!
I'd see you too, if I could go online. :(

KIGO1987
1st March 2010, 03:57 AM
Just thinking my Pulse DLC's. noooooooooooo.

Dan Locke
1st March 2010, 04:32 AM
They're probably fine, actually. The slim PS3s were unaffected; I doubt that the PSP, which has a completely different architecture from both consoles', is going to have any problems.

drell
1st March 2010, 04:56 AM
PSP is fine, and WipEout HD is fine too, you have not lost it. Theory is that it is a problem with timestamp, since date reverted back to 2000/1999 DRM of PS3 and PSN games became invalid, so they all return back to trial mode. When issue is fixed, DRM should validate again correctly and locked content will unlock again.
If not, Sony has bigger problem.

LurifaxFlux
1st March 2010, 08:41 AM
nevermind

infoxicated
1st March 2010, 08:46 AM
Guys this topic is already open in the off topic section.
There is a bit more to this than meets the eye.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7282
Like the man said.