PDA

View Full Version : Syncopia/Pure Four Time Trial Glitch

SaturnReturn
21st February 2010, 04:51 PM
Well, as some/many will already know, I experienced a glitch in the game on 20/02/2010 where I was allowed to play on Syncopia in Time Trial mode. I said I would explain further here, so here goes...

I started up my PS3, loaded up WipEout and started to do some Time Trial. It was Phantom class on Tech De Ra Reverse. After a while I left the TT to try and get online for some Avalon (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7129) action. As the WOHD servers were undergoing maintenance (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=166961&postcount=63) I wasn't able to sign in. The screen did not change from the 'Connecting' box. After a short while I gave up, hit the O button and went back to the menu. Now, the game remembers which track and class you were last on, so to get back to TDR rev TT I should have just kept pressing the X button on Racebox all the way from the menu to the loading screen. This is what I did, however, after selecting the track, the announcer said, "Syncopia". At first I thought I had somehow selected Zone mode by accident, but once I was there I noticed that I did not have the Zone Icaras and the HUD was the Time Trial one.:eek Sure enough I was in Time Trial mode on Syncopia. The track was dark and surroundings a deep red/pink, similar to the Icaras's own colours. It was somewhat eerie to be there, especially knowing full well that I was the only one who had ever been there, and possibly ever will. This was amplified by the dark, desolate looking city in the background, which I wasn't even sure wasn't supposed to be there at first. I luckily had my PVR hooked up via component cable, even though I wasn't recording, as my HDMI connection has broken. So hooked it up to my PC and captured some video.

I feel very lucky to have experienced this.:D I only apologise I'm not a better writer, or I would be able to convey this experience in a far more 'romantic' way.

I know some have suggested before that the Pure Four Zone tracks should be unlocked for racing. I was unsure myself, but I can safely say this track is a lot of fun to race TT on, so I now fully support this idea. There are lots of barrel rolls available, and also obvious shortcuts. These aren't not shown in the video, but you can go straight through the 'wavy bits' on the side of the track. The actual track feels very smooth and has a great flow to it. It seems that the majority of functionality for this is already supported too. I have a ghost save file for Syncopia Phantom TT and the Pure Four tracks now appear in the Time Trial records (which I assume they didn't before).

This makes me wonder if these tracks were initially intended to be available for play outside of Zone mode. Also, what is the city in the background? Perhaps this was going to be a normal version for racing on, with a full background like normal tracks? Or maybe it's actually the backdrop from a different track and I just don't recognise it?

Links
(Please keep any in depth discussion to this thread to avoid taking other threads too far off topic).
Video links posted in video thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=167376&postcount=1334).
Images links posted in image thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=167379&postcount=408).
Ghost save file photo (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/SitarHero/Pure%20Four%20Playable%20Glitch%20Records/100_1127.jpg?t=1266773477).
Pure Four Tracks record menu sample images (http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/SitarHero/Pure%20Four%20Playable%20Glitch%20Records/).
I also uploaded some images as attachments in case the photobucket account ever dies.

drell
21st February 2010, 05:24 PM
The city skybox appears to be Las-Vegas from Amphiseum.
I would like to be able to play these outside of Zone as well, they look really cool. Imagine Time Trial but with Zone mode effects every time you make a lap.

Koleax
21st February 2010, 06:32 PM
WOW.

I was thinking the auburn color scheme looked cool, but then I saw the cityscape and moonlight reflecting off the non-zone Fury Icaras. "Romantic" is not the word. I am in love!

Fascinating. You mentioned that background color was similar to the Icaras's. If it is the case that they are dependent, then if it ever becomes possible to reproduce the bug, it may be possible to achieve different effects based on ship choice. I'm thinking of the Assegai blue or Triakis green. However, the blue skyline and auburn depth gradient are so well-balanced chromatically, it looks like it was designed that way, as an abstract dream city called "Syncopia." Extraordinary.

I am very curious to see what this would look like on the other tracks, like Mallovol. Rest assured I will be trying to reproduce this at the earliest opportunity.

multibodydynamics
22nd February 2010, 10:41 AM
Please, post a message here if any of you manage to start a TT on any of the zone tracks again! :rolleyes: Maybe it is possible to just hit the circle-button when the game is connecting to the online servers and then just mash the x-button on the Racebox-icon... I'm at work now and can't experiment with this until I come home... :frown:

Koleax
22nd February 2010, 03:22 PM
It's not that simple, unfortunately.

For me, if connecting online is successful, and I exit it out and go back to racebox, it will remember the last mode I was on but not the speed class. So, for example, if I were doing an Amphiseum Phantom SL, it would remember Amphiseum and SL but it would set it to Venom. Can anyone else confirm this? It might be related. Somehow the "remember" settings are being futzed with.

SR, did you happen to actually see the selection on Syncopia, or was still on TDR Rev and you just heard "Syncopia?"

Also, that cityscape is NOT Las Vegas from Amphiseum. The buildings are more bunched up and the sky is clearer. You can't actually see the moon in Amphiseum because there are so many dark clouds overhead. I don't think I've seen that cityscape before.

SaturnReturn
22nd February 2010, 05:27 PM
Please, post a message here if any of you manage to start a TT on any of the zone tracks again! :rolleyes:

I'm getting bad vibes from that exclamation mark and eye-roll. I tried to reproduce it myself but couldn't. I told others online in the PSN chatbox at the time and they couldn't either. :(

Koleax - I wasn't looking at the screen at the time, but when I heard "Syncopia" I turned around and I'm fairly sure it was still selecting TDR rev in the visuals. I definitely remember seeing the TDR symbol.

EDIT: Koleax, I have the same as you, i.e. if I successfully connect and make it to the online menu and then go back, then it will have forgotten the speed class.

ProblemSolver
22nd February 2010, 08:29 PM
@SR: You now got your special-something out of WipEout as well! :clap Like
Asayyeah said; "A WR which can't be beaten this time : hats off :D". Well,
thanks for documenting the glitch the way you have. Hopefully someone may find
a way to make it usable for everyone. I've found out that the section process is
behind it's visual representation. Indeed, the selection process behaves a bit
strange while selecting something and pressing X quickly thereafter. I did a
ZONE run on Syncopia and immediately after the track was selected (by pressing
X) I pressed X again and the icons of all the crafts had a lock as their
symbols. So it seems like that the selection process can be confused at times,
we just have to find out how to do it in a constant fashion. Imagine playing
Syncopia online. :eek I think it's worth to play the Pure4 under normal race
conditions as well, but the problem is that they do not fit into the story the
way the are shown. Someone needs to create a story around them. The Pure4 can
also be a starting point for another racing league, a league that races in a
much higher speed class and on tracks similar to those of the Pure4.

About the city skybox. Either there was a plan to make the Pure4 available for
normal racing, which might have been dropped later on, or the skybox is just a
debugging-skybox. Anyways, the glitch actually shows that WipEout HD does
include something that shouldn't be there. Up until now no one ever found
anything like this, no hidden messages, no signs of the developer, no secrets,
just nothing. I for myself scanned the skyscrapers of Metropia ... but there
was just nothing. Millions of photos were taken but no one ever found something
interesting even while placing the camera below the track or wherever. I think
there must be something interesting in the game, but we weren't able to find it
just yet. Anyways, the glitch is a good starting point to look for more. :sonar

Koleax
27th February 2010, 02:11 AM
Alright, a few more questions, SR! Were you using the HD menu style or Fury? Were you receiving messages from the live chat at the time that might have slowed down or muddled the menu options loading in some way?

I'd like to think that it's not related to server maintenance at all. It may be that, as PS hinted, it's simply related to the pressing the X-button very quickly.

Although there is something that happened to me involving TDR TT the very first time I booted up the game a couple nights ago. I got this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/000_0287.jpg

As you can see, only TDR forward is available for selection while TDR reverse is not shown. I thought perhaps this was it, but I hit X and it simply went to TDR.

It may be worth noting that the entire game had an audio delay from between a half-second to a full second from the moment it booted this time. It was also booted offline.

I was actually able to reproduce this bug once by hitting the D-pad left and right buttons after hitting X quickly, noticing that it's still possible to move the selection even after a selection has been made. I thought that might mess things up a little and produce a bug, and perhaps I was right, but I was only able to do it once out of over a hundred attempts.

Well, I'm off to try to again. :)

Oh yeah, don't laugh at my TDR TT time. :P

SaturnReturn
27th February 2010, 08:44 AM
Interesting stuff. I use the HD menu style. I don't think I was in a chat box because I seem to recall entering the chat to tell people about it after it happened, but can't really remember whether I was already signed into it. Maybe others can help with that. PS was there. If I entered the box ans straight away told them about it then I wouldn't have been in the chatbox before hand. Sorry that I can't exactly recall, I was excited at the time.;) I would have already been signed into the PSN though, just not the WO servers.

F.E.I.S.A.R
27th February 2010, 09:18 AM
I was actually able to reproduce this bug once by hitting the D-pad left and right buttons after hitting X quickly, noticing that it's still possible to move the selection even after a selection has been made. I thought that might mess things up a little and produce a bug, and perhaps I was right, but I was only able to do it once out of over a hundred attempts.

Well, I'm off to try to again. :)

Going slightly off-topic here...
Well,I seem to have done it quite a few times when it did the "glitch"(got a "100% success rate"),almost wanting to post this in the curious things thread.I was playing multiplayer with my bro when I found out about this glitch.
On topic..
I must say that I really like ZB(Zone Battle)

SaturnReturn
27th February 2010, 02:19 PM
I moved the posts relating to the Syncopia glitch here to a separate thread so that discussion about it can be uninterrupted and not take over the other thread in any way. I think it also deserves its own thread and will draw attention to it for anyone who may otherwise miss it and who may be able to help recreate it.

Koleax
27th February 2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks, SR! I thought this deserved its own thread, too.

F.E.I.S.A.R., could you tell me how you were able to reproduce that other bug with 100% success rate? I might be able to mess around with it from then on and it could be related to this Syncopia TT glitch.

IH8YOU
27th February 2010, 05:43 PM
There is another.... albeit with a crap time. :)

SaturnReturn
27th February 2010, 06:47 PM
This is great news, and you've done it on Venom and Phantom. Please do tell us more IH8YOU. :nod When and how did it happen?:D Does this mean you have it all figured out?

I notice a couple of others have their names listed on Flash, and also someone on Mallavol, but with no actual times. Pro Tozo Venom has tonnes of names listed too, again with no times. Maybe this is a sign that these are going to be officially unlocked? Or was it always this way for Pro Tozo?

leungbok
27th February 2010, 08:58 PM
:hyper yeahhh, i look forward trying all those BRs on syncopia !! :D

IH8YOU
27th February 2010, 09:07 PM
I've been able to do this 4 times now, trying to get Flash and Rapier to work next.

Tried in vain to get the other zone tracks, no joy yet.

Will update soon.

Rezatron
27th February 2010, 09:33 PM
*crosses fingers*

I<3YOU if you figure this out :lol

Reezy
28th February 2010, 10:45 AM
Regarding Koleax's bug, I've experienced the same and I'm pretty sure it occurred from racing (zone mode) a pure 4 track previously. Had nothing to do with multiplayer, I may not have even been connected to the internet at all.

Woopzilla
28th February 2010, 11:53 AM
I've had TDR R missing several times as well... although I rarely play Zone. I think I was playing single races when TDR went missing. I hit O to get back to the main menu, went back into the racebox and TDR was back again.

Personally I think it's somehow related to not being connected... because I probably wouldn't be playing single player if I could get online. :P Though it's all just speculation.

It would be nice if IH8YOU could perhaps share what he is doing so that we could also help figuring it out, a collective effort would maybe yield faster results. :)

SaturnReturn
28th February 2010, 01:57 PM
IH8YOU explained it to me via PSN messages. I'm still not entirely sure on some of the details but will attempt to summarise here.

He was signed in and connected to online the whole time (I think).
He went into Racebox and performed a complete TT on Tech de Ra. (He had only got it to work on Venom and Phantom when I last messaged him)
He went back to the main menu and hit X over online, but hit O to go back straight away, without getting to the online menu screen.
He then went back into Racebox and selected Time Trial. He mentioned hitting select and X and almost the same time. If you hit select just after X when selecting Time Trial then it doesn't seem to bring up the online friends box that it usually would.
As far as I understand it, from there he just hit X all the way and it took him to Syncopia.

I think that's it, but he can correct me on anything that was wrong. I don't recall hitting the select button when it happened to me. It may just be coincidence, but he has done it more than once so maybe if people try that method a few times then they may have some luck.

IH8YOU
28th February 2010, 06:04 PM
Saturn - that seems about right.

I need to head into work right now - but when I get home I'll fire up my digital camera and record my hands / screen to find out exactly what I'm doing to get into Syncopia.

SaturnReturn
28th February 2010, 08:57 PM
Many thanks - looking forward to it. I've given this a few more tries myself but still no luck. Hopefully the video will let everyone have the chance to race this track. :) I doubt online will ever work given the method of getting there, but wonder about speed lap and single race.

Woopzilla
28th February 2010, 09:50 PM
Now that would be cool (or sad?) if weapon pads appeared on the track after glitching it into a Single Race... it would be a clear indication that they previously thought of making it a race map but decided against it. :/

Anyway, I've tried messing around a little and couldn't get it to work... making a video is a pretty good idea. We can then all analyze every minuscule action you perform. :lol

F.E.I.S.A.R
1st March 2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks, SR! I thought this deserved its own thread, too.

F.E.I.S.A.R., could you tell me how you were able to reproduce that other bug with 100% success rate? I might be able to mess around with it from then on and it could be related to this Syncopia TT glitch.

Koleax,although you can change selections after selecting the track,the track you have chosen(Amphi to Vineta K,Amphi will be chosen) is the one that will be played.I think I have quite "fast" reaction times.Sorry for the undue enthusiasm.Got to experiment more to find out.Maybe this may also be the case for the ships as well?

LurifaxFlux
2nd March 2010, 04:37 PM
Alright so I almost got this glitch now.
I wasn't actually trying to get the glitch though :P

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ztezgw.jpg
Note the lock on the track and no option of starting it :P

What I did before was play a single racebox race on phantom elite, using icaras fury with standard colours on TDR rev.
After finishing first I just switched to time trial, didn't do any fast clicking through menus or anything like that.

Edit: I wasn't able to reproduce this.
Btw, I'm using custom soundtrack.

Woopzilla
2nd March 2010, 05:19 PM
That's pretty cool... a lock icon on it? Maybe it was planned to be a race track after all.

Did you do anything before playing single race? So far it seems the only confirmed ship is Icaras Fury.

LurifaxFlux
2nd March 2010, 09:07 PM
That single race was the first thing I did when I started Wipeout, before I started Wipeout I was playing GT5: Prologue (disc version), I ejected the disc while starting up Wipeout, and the first thing I did when starting the PS3 was to play Final Fantasy VII on HDD.

Xavier
3rd March 2010, 12:36 PM
Seeing those screenshots really makes me miss the "virtual" courses in the Pure expansion packs. Not the green-and-blue ones, but the add-on tracks: Altima VII, Vohl Square, etc. I can't remember if they were supposed to be actual artificial courses constructed inside colored domes, or if they were VR-like simulators.

It would be fun to race the Zone tracks like that.

F.E.I.S.A.R
4th March 2010, 11:51 AM
Say,SaturnReturn,how long was your game time?(found on gamesave)
And have you completed the Fury campaign?
I think that the Pure Four tracks had(note "had") "real life" versions of themselves,but they were not fully rendered.(like the prototype tracks in Wip3out,excluding the JPN version).
Possible scenarios
Syncopia:set in the outskirts of a city
Coridon 12:some disused highway,expressway that loops,also possible that it surrounds buildings in a city
Mallavol:Some test track
Pro Tozo:Just cannot think of a possible scenario.Maybe some speedway that has a lot of banks?

SaturnReturn
4th March 2010, 08:06 PM
I did complete the Fury campaign in the end. I only did on Novice though, apart from one silver medal on skilled or elite on some Detonator challenge I think.

Game time is 766 hours 52 minutes 07 seconds.

Why do you ask? Do you think it matters to the glitch?

LurifaxFlux
4th March 2010, 09:41 PM
766h, thats insane lol xD
I have 74h "only" ;P

yeldar2097
4th March 2010, 09:49 PM
o_O that's like 250hrs more than me o_O

Standing here impressed :nod

leungbok
5th March 2010, 06:53 AM
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, yeldar :lol :lol :lol

Connavar
5th March 2010, 08:40 AM
methinks yeldar is closer to the 2500 hours!

yeldar2097
5th March 2010, 09:55 AM
No surprises there.

Wotan
5th March 2010, 11:12 AM
Eh eh , i have the same game time than you sat . When i saw that on my ps3 , i was so affraid ... it's about nearly one month playing since two years :eek

@yeldar : maybe you forgot your game time with conor-buckley account ? ... :-

yeldar2097
5th March 2010, 11:24 AM
Oh yeah you're right, I forgot to add that one.
Should I add everyone else's duplicate account(s) as well? You know, just to make it fair...?

Aaaanyway: Does the nice lady say syncopia or does it just show syncopia on the screen and she says TDRR or just it vary?

IH8YOU
5th March 2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I think most of us could actually have a commercial pilots license if we applied our Wipeout time to actual flight training.

Matter of a fact, we likely would have enough air time to be Astronauts.

About that glitch bit - haven't even fired up the PS3 all week thanks to work. I promise to return and document what I'm doing.

For the record - have not completed fury campaign, did get the "pure 4" trophy, selected HD ships only, PS3 was left running before hand (listening to the rain on the Flower main screen as background noise)

Display 1080P LCD via HDMI. Audio 5.1 via TOSLINK. Controller - airbrakes L1, R1, Mic R2, Look Back L2, O=Fire, X=Go, [] = Absorb, /\ = Inv / EMP, R3 = Change View. Airbrakes 70%, Accel 10%, View - Chase (far), Audio - Custom, Audio Effects ON, Bass Boost 80%, Screen Size Default, PSN Status - glitch worked whether I was signed in or out. PS3: 80GB "Fat" PS3, purchased after the Slim PS3 was released (didn't like the slim, so found a new 80GB)

That's all I can remember for now. I hope it wasn't a one-time thing. :eek

Woopzilla
5th March 2010, 12:08 PM
Off topic: Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who once loaded up Flower and ended up just listening to the 'misty looking' menu. :P

On topic: I've been having no luck with the bug. Although, I can confirm that my TDR R has disappeared before and I have completed the Fury Campaign and have all it's trophies. Only thing that isn't 100% complete is that I still need to complete 5 detonator events on Elite. Modesto Heights, Modesto Heights R, Corridon 12 and Tech De Ra R and Syncopia. These were only done on Novice.

I guess we're sort of groping in the dark here, throwing out all our specs out and stuff. :P I have a 40gb Fat.

SaturnReturn
5th March 2010, 06:25 PM
yeldar - answer to that question from my experience is in the first post of this thread. I thought it was an important detail.;)

yeldar2097
5th March 2010, 06:36 PM
So it does. My bad. Being slow today

amplificated
6th March 2010, 02:35 AM
I've tried a couple of times and I'm sad to say it isn't working at all for me :(

I have however had a bug where TDR(R) was missing when I went to play it in speed lap one time, and even though it was "selected" initially, I couldn't play it. Don't think it said Syncopia anywhere though.

If only the game was more broken back then..! :lol

multibodydynamics
9th March 2010, 10:52 AM
Saturn - that seems about right.

I need to head into work right now - but when I get home I'll fire up my digital camera and record my hands / screen to find out exactly what I'm doing to get into Syncopia.

I'd really like to see how this is being done! Please try and reproduce that Syncopia-glitch. :hyper I tried some menu-flipping myself and noticed that it is possible to make a new selection during the menu-animations that follow a previous selection but I still can't select any of the zone-tracks in SL or TT. I tried to rapidly press X-left-X but no luck so far.

IH8YOU
12th March 2010, 03:58 AM
This is going to sound like total BS - but - I managed to do it again - with fewer steps this time - think I set a WR in Rapier for Syncopia TT.

I'm being honest - I left my camera at work. I'll get it tomorrow, and I promise to show you all how I'm doing this.

I'm not squatting on records here, my week consists of 80+ hours of work, sleep, and 5 minutes of Wipeout. So rest assured, I'll post it once I know for sure what I'm doing.

Unless, Saturn - you want to keep your #1 spot, and we can rule Syncopia for eternity. :g

brainbeat
12th March 2010, 02:00 PM
I've been trying this myself to no avail, however i can get it to change speedclass to venom from rapier pretty much every time i try, i have been pressing down when selecting track, I so wanna try this lol

KGB
12th March 2010, 02:44 PM
I had a go this morning with no luck, I don't know exactly what I'm doing. Is it the speed at which you press the buttons or how you press them?

SaturnReturn
12th March 2010, 05:16 PM
Unless, Saturn - you want to keep your #1 spot, and we can rule Syncopia for eternity. :g
I accept no equals. :evil I will confront and defeat all challengers and then I will rule Syncopia TT with an iron fist, kind of like this :+ but less friendly. :lol

You tried a single race or speed lap on Syncopia yet IH8YOU? I wonder it that's possible too.

Koleax
12th March 2010, 09:46 PM
IIRC, there are a couple single race times for the Pure Four in the online leaderboards by people I've never heard of, so I'd be willing to bet that they somehow accidentally triggered it.

il_mago_di_Doz
17th March 2010, 06:40 AM
Any news guys? :(

phaeton_pl
17th March 2010, 09:00 PM
Here's some news :)

Sausehuhn
17th March 2010, 09:15 PM
Hm? I see no "news" :(

Woopzilla
17th March 2010, 09:15 PM
Surely Pirhapac will be making some videos of this (I hope). Can't wait to see how it plays/works. :hyper

Sausehuhn
17th March 2010, 10:01 PM
Exciiitement! :hyper

:sonar

MiguelX69
17th March 2010, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't mind paying to see those tracks as race also tracks...

kaori
17th March 2010, 10:42 PM
Tuto's coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5Mm3iXgsA

Enjoy

amplificated
18th March 2010, 01:53 AM
More teasers! :cold

Looking forward to the tutorial though. :P Nice work!

IH8YOU
18th March 2010, 03:37 AM
All I know is this:

Log out of PSN, Set the date to 2/22, sign into Wipeout, played TDR Reverse Time Trial - (does not have to be Phantom - any speed) - end of race, as it's saving, skip back to top menu - go to play online - can the PSN sign-in prompt (or hit ok - it worked either way for me) - and cancel / navigate back to top menu. Go to racebox, and "x" your way through quickly - and with a little luck, it'll say "Syncopia" - if not, skip back to main menu - and try this again until it does.

Honestly - that's all I've done - but I can't narrow things down more - haven't had enough time to find it.

I'd like to know what the actual conditions need to be, because I have not yet narrowed things down. Stupid work, I'd rather be playing Wipeout.

Sausehuhn
18th March 2010, 07:14 AM
Hm, doesn't seem to work for me. I only noticed that, while "X-rushing" through the menu, it sometimes (every 5-10 times) locks all the ships, but accepts the ship selection anyway.

ProblemSolver
18th March 2010, 08:07 AM
@kaori: Sweet.

Has anyone found a stable way to select Syncopia or are we still at
the beginning?

silverfoxy
18th March 2010, 09:14 AM
Been trying to get it but unable to do so.

Really looking forward to trying Syncopia and hopefully all the other Pure4 tracks on Time trials.

kaori
18th March 2010, 03:07 PM
@kaori: Sweet.

Has anyone found a stable way to select Syncopia or are we still at
the beginning?

Pirha can do it, it's currently random but the success' probability is quite "high", and he hopes quickly understand how it works.

ACE-FLO
18th March 2010, 03:25 PM
Has anyone tried this with the disc version? :?

Connavar
19th March 2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks pirhapac for saving us all once again

NightArh
19th March 2010, 12:28 PM
Nice experience. I think the key to success is to terminate network connection in the right time... and time-window for doing that can be very narrow. It should be done with enabling firewall for Wipeout servers I think

kaori
20th March 2010, 11:15 AM
Work in progress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adt3dAqjA0U

Woopzilla
20th March 2010, 09:15 PM
Hmm, I've also been giving it lots of tries (TDR R is now my personal highest ranked phantom TT, haha) and I can't seem to get it to work. But I've noticed... everyone who's got it to work so far has been using the Fury menu? Maybe that's stopping it from working for me and others. I've so far been using the original HD menu. Also, do you perhaps have to do the TT with Icaras? We can see Pirhapac being unsuccesful, maybe because of using Auricom? Just an idea... and good luck to all trying. We can surely find a 100% way to do this.

SaturnReturn
20th March 2010, 09:34 PM
I use the HD menu.

IH8YOU
21st March 2010, 08:06 PM
I use Auricom and HD menus. I've been able to do it 5 times.

Koleax
22nd March 2010, 07:46 AM
Did the color scheme change at all with Auricom? I thought it was interesting that SR mentioned how it matched the auburn color of Icaras, so I'd really like to know if different ships mean a different color scheme.

Dark_Phantom_89
25th March 2010, 09:57 AM
I think I came close to performing the glitch in an online race yesterday.

I was hosting and and selected "Edit Settings" as usual to change the race (it wasn't even super fast.) Then I noticed that Tech De Ra Reverse was blanked out and not selectable. So I selected TDR Forward, but alas, no glitch :(

I haven't been able to replicate it since.

omracer
27th March 2010, 08:10 PM
i've tried it many time no avail. but only tonight. when i return to the main menu and try to get online then quit almost instant. the game freezes for a min or two, making it hard to select racebox and press x straight the way through

silverfoxy
22nd April 2010, 09:04 AM
Are there any updates on how to do this effectively yet ??

I've spent quite a while trying to get the glitch but no joy. Very frustrating.

someguy789
28th April 2010, 06:57 PM
I tried it today, I selected phantom but it raced on venom instead
no syncopia though...

SaturnReturn
28th April 2010, 07:11 PM
Hmm, if you select Phantom, then successfully go online (i.e. reach the online menu) and then go back to the main menu, then it will have reset to Venom. You sure that's not all that happened?

Rezatron
28th April 2010, 08:47 PM
Kind of related... I took this this (http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o28/Rezatron/Photoon2010-04-09at1506.jpg) photo a few weeks ago. I can't recall the exact circumstances of how this happened... I believe I played an offline single race/zone battle then went directly to an online zone battle.

SaturnReturn
28th April 2010, 08:52 PM
I think there are actually a lot of things like this related to the menu screens, particularly ship select. Sometimes when I select my ship it just shows the whole grid full of "?" icons. I'm not sure these things are really related, other than the selection screens being generally messed up a bit.

IH8YOU
8th May 2010, 01:29 AM
Saturn - want to compare some info:

Type of audio connection used? Settings enabled? 96-24 / DTS / AAC / 5.1

Display settings used? Full HDMI gamut? What resolution? What connector?

SaturnReturn
8th May 2010, 06:39 PM
I used component through a HD PVR. Sound is 2.1 through the normal left and right audio wires of the component connection. Not really sure what that other stuff it you've mentioned, but would assume it's not stuff that relates to component anyway. Resolution is always 720p for me.

I don't think any of that stuff id really going to matter though to be honest. Unless someone can show us a video of them doing it successfully and repeatedly then I probably won't be trying again. Think it's all to do with timing when you leave the online menu, so someone would have to use a lot of trial and error to work that out, if it were even the case.

Kyonshi
2nd June 2010, 03:55 AM
Hey the glitch just happened to me... online. I was racing with Arabian_Online, he was host. We finished on Tech De Ra Rev, and when he went to choose another track, Syncopia appeared... I thought he wanted to do Zone Battle, but the symbols remained the same; Weapons On, Single Race, etc.

I couldn't capture any images in the second, because obviously you can imagine i wasn't prepared at all. My camera was out of reach anyway, and by the time i could have turn it on, Arabian_Online left, forcing me to come back to menu screen.

That was actually kinda coo :P We couldn't shoot at each other of replenish on Energy of course. I saw this mysterious city in the background, just like you saw on your TT.

This can be a "glitch" no? I would even dare to suspest something going on underneat the fabric of Reality... I'm gonna take the red pill to find out.8)

concrete_d
2nd June 2010, 06:20 AM
Oh no, I think I was in that room with you Kyonshi! I think I left right after Tech de Ra Rev... Can't believe I missed out, would have liked to see this firsthand. :frown:

So is this the first time the glitch has worked in multiplayer?

JJPAP
2nd June 2010, 07:15 AM
I had the chance to enter Syncopia SL last night, but missed it ... :cold
Here´s what I did (was not able to replicate it afterwards, though):
1. 3 or 4 goes at Zone at Tech De Ra REV, using Triakis.
2. Checked my score globally + Friends records.
3. Went to the menu-screen.
4. Checked the Leaderboards.
5. Back to the menu-screen.
6. Went to smoke a cigaret (maybe not very important!)
7. When I got back, I had to press the x-button to "get rid" of the pause-screen.
8. Then I went to Speed Lap (Rapier) to have a go at Tech De Ra REV: And it said Syncopia (where TDR REV was supposed to be)! I got a little confused, not thinking about the glitch, and entered TDR FW - immediately recognizing, I had "missed my chance" :frown:

Tried desperately to make it happen again, but with no luck.

EDIT! A Wipeout-friend asked me to elaborate a bit on the circumstances of (almost) getting to Syncopia. To replicate the glitch, I find it very important to get as much details as possible, so here´s a brainstorm (some input might be important, some might not, but if we collect enough data, we might be able to be speedlapping at Syncopia when ever we want!):

a) A DVD in the PS3-drive (Scooby-Doo if you really want to know!)
b) No USB devices connected - except the chord for the controller, which was not connected to the controller.
c) I started out doing Phantom Speed Laps and Time Trials at TDR REV (different ships), then Rapier SL and TL at TDR REV (Icaras+), then having 3 or 4 goes at Zone at TDR REV (Triakis). After that the possibility to enter Syncopia (see above).
d) I started out with Auto Assist turned ON (a left over from my son playing earlier! Lol). Turned it OFF, when starting my own sessions.
e) Games played before "almost going to Syncopia": Wipeout HD, some Mod Racing Nation Demo, Tekken 5, then I took over to play some Wipeout.
f) The PS3 had been turned on for several hours that day.
g) I´m "always on" (wireless) - I can´t say if I - without my knowledge - was disconnected from PSN at any time (I sometimes do, but not very often).

IDReaper
2nd June 2010, 06:48 PM
I managed to get in one today at venom speeds. Here is what I did:

1. Selected SL Phantom and put cursor over Tech De Ra reverse
2. Backed out and went to online badges
3. hit back button to view friends and back out to main menu
4. Went into records and looked at chengou project personal global and friends.
5. Hit back button to view friends again, returnet to main menu
6. Went into racebox and pressed X and back button at the same time on SL venom
7. Syncopia was available.

Happened the first time I did this but haven't replicated it. It may only be once per Wipeout session. Ill reboot wipeout and see what happens.

Kyonshi
3rd June 2010, 02:57 AM
So is this the first time the glitch has worked in multiplayer?

I think so dude. I've checked most of the posts here and no one mentioned it happened to them while online. Arabian_Online elaborated everything he did before we encoutered this, i will read it again and post the details.

We may have a never-seen-before case here! :D

ACE-FLO
22nd June 2010, 01:38 AM
Just been playing it online phantom Single Races with a room full of WZ pilots. Its awesome, no weapons though :? but still, thanks to IH8YOU sending me a PSN message notifying me of the glitch'd room with Sycopia loaded onto it. You can imagine my surprise. I was in a video chat with Andybob35 when I received IH8YOU's message, and Andy and I both decided to join in straght away.

The scores show up on the ranking tables also, another first :)

:+ IH8YOU may have discovered a way to replicate the Syncopia Glitch. Maybe not. It's still very much a trial and error thing. But one can hope :)

The room is open right now, if you're reading this, what you doing here? Go get something special outta this game :D GO ONLINE!!! :g

No doubt, videos of tonights fantastic experience with Syncopia (the Forbidden Fruit) will be posted by some of us :)

Time for bed and AG dreams...

blackwiggle
22nd June 2010, 06:50 AM
Although I haven't been able to replicate this myself, yet, ;) [mainly because I'm not feeling to well and can't concentrate :frown:] I think Leungbok might of got the procedure to get into Syncopia down to a fine art, that's if the video he sent me today is any sort of tutorial.
Although certainly not as cut & dry as selecting things normally, it just seems it's just learning the correct sequence and entering it in quickly enough.
I'll guess he will post it up for general consumption when he's ready.

leungbok
22nd June 2010, 07:36 AM
i'm waiting feedback from the people who i sent the video ! To see if they succeed before i release it !
You can see that as a teaser :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R9BIY2eeAE

Blackwiggle, you were not supposed to reveal that before the promotion campaign be ready :blarg
:lol

amplificated
22nd June 2010, 08:24 AM
:o

well my interested is piqued! *eagerly awaits*

I had a glitch last night where it wouldn't display or let me select TDR(R), but I couldn't recreate it.

leungbok
22nd June 2010, 08:34 AM
@amplicated, i think that bug is linked to the syncopia's one. I imagine it depends where your cursor was before you entered a new screen (ship's choice or racebox mode).

a) A DVD in the PS3-drive (Scooby-Doo if you really want to know!)
The animated serial or the movie ? All can be important, mate ! :D

multibodydynamics
22nd June 2010, 07:19 PM
It seems like a few people now know how this works! :hyper I watched your video Leungbok but I still can´t get Syncopia to emerge. Probably because I'm doing it wrong... Should I press the direction pad in a certain direction directly after pressing the circle button on the ship selection screen? In your video you get Syncopia to emerge right after the race type selection screen. How was that possible?

amplificated
22nd June 2010, 08:12 PM
I finally managed to play Syncopia in a venom SL (<3 Leungbok), and it took me ages to get working. I was mainly just selecting TDR<, pressing up and back down to reselect it before going to the ship screen and pressing O to go back and repeat. Eventually it said "Syncopia" :)

I tried again afterwards for rapier but I couldn't get it to work after a few minutes' worth of attempts, so I gave up. However, I imagine it should work with relatively high-ish frequency using the method in leungbok's video.

Woopzilla
22nd June 2010, 09:12 PM
Very nice video, Leung!

I'm hosting a syncopia phantom game now if anyone sees this. :P

What I did was select TDR R, quickly up+down... then go back into the 'Edit Settings' option and hope it's on Syncopia. Managed to pull it off 3 times in 5 minutes!

EDIT: Right, session is over! Might still be hosted by others though. It's funny how all the zoners and prominent wipers came out of the woodwork suddenly... the word must've spread like wildfire! The leaderboards looking good now too. ;) (especially with me at rank 3 for now *cough*)

phaeton_pl
22nd June 2010, 09:46 PM
I did it, i managed to get to Syncopia! Selected TRD REV up + down and here we go! :D

KIGO1987
22nd June 2010, 11:43 PM
Was just in the online room with Woopzilla, mate Andybob gave me the heads up about the room, was the first time ever ive been on Syncopia (not in zone mode), room was full of Icarus Fury ships, did match with the theme of the track i gotta say. Even had a moment to record a video since i had my mobile phone next to me, video came out pretty grainy. But tell you what the magenta theme is amazing mixed with the hot pink Icarus fury and the ruby red ion trails.

I remember the moment the Syncopia glitch was discovered, i was talking to Chris (SaturnReturn) in a msn chatbox and my distraction caused the mishap of the discovery of the glitch, lol. Was back at the start of the year sometime. Quite amazing. Ill post my video on the video thread.

AspenExcel
23rd June 2010, 03:51 AM
Finally got some good races in on Syncopia today thanks to Woopzilla! I also managed to snatch #4 global record. I don't know if I'll ever break 1:50.xx.

blackwiggle
23rd June 2010, 04:39 AM
I'm just waiting for the first person to post a glitched time on the glitched track :D:lol

F.E.I.S.A.R
23rd June 2010, 06:00 AM
What I did was select TDR R, quickly up+down...

It works(at least once),though you will be hearing "Tech De Ra" many times
Argh!I missed the chance by pressing up when Syncopia was available!

DreamyElf
23rd June 2010, 08:28 AM
i joined by accident your races yesterday Woopzilla!
having a phantom race at Syncopia was a little weird but fun at the same time :)

yeldar2097
23rd June 2010, 09:12 AM
Finally got some good races in on Syncopia today thanks to Woopzilla! I also managed to snatch #4 global record. I don't know if I'll ever break 1:50.xx.

Course you will, it's early days yet :)

Got the current mp WR on film I think, and a shedload of other vids from the past 2 days. You're all famous :g
...well, you will be once my prehistoric broadband lets me upload the vids :lol

KGB
23rd June 2010, 11:49 AM
Who was hosting this and how did they get it to work on MP? Still can't get it to work for me yet.

yeldar2097
23rd June 2010, 12:15 PM
Don't know who set up yesterday but the day before it was IH8YOU who set up a couple of rooms and left them running. Works in the same way as offline.

Haven't heard of a Single Race yet but I know people have accessed Multiplayer Single Race, Speed Lap, Time Trial and Eliminator (without weapon pads :lol)

Rezatron
23rd June 2010, 05:15 PM
Looking forward to this vids yeldar! How much of the session did you manage to record? I had a blast excluding the fact that my DSL connection was going up and down like a roller coaster during the entire session. :- Just gave my ISP a good piece of my mind! :evil

yeldar2097
23rd June 2010, 05:30 PM
Got a fair few. Still putting music over the top etc.... cos I was playing in silence. Was 05:00 when I stopped and people were trying to sleep ;)

Tell me about ISPs though. My most recent results on Speedtest.net are giving me as bad as 500ms ping o_O

Gonna queue the uploads in a sec. Won't be long now :)

SaturnReturn
23rd June 2010, 05:38 PM
i was talking to Chris (SaturnReturn) in a msn chatbox and my distraction caused the mishap of the discovery of the glitch, lol.

Not entirely sure if that's meant to be a joke?? No-one caused it, not even me. If it's not a joke then I think this is the first time I've seen anyone try to take credit for a freak occurence on the other side of the world.:blarg

KIGO1987
23rd June 2010, 06:16 PM
Never claiming credit for it at all.

So you saying the conversation we had the moment the glitch was found didnt occur?

I still have the msn chat session from the 21st of Feb this year saved on the computer. Reading it right now. The discussion was about TVs, optic fibre and pirhapac's DR rev method.

SaturnReturn
23rd June 2010, 07:24 PM
No I'm not saying the conversation didn't happen. I'm saying that talking to someone on MSN has nothing to do with causing a glitch in the game. I'm saying that it's a glitch and no-one caused it, it just happened when I pressed the X button. Whereas you clearly wrote that you [or your distraction] caused it, which means you are [or an action of yours is] the reason it happened, which to me means you're taking credit for it. Unless you're just joking, which is why I was asking if you were or not.

EDIT:
Also, please don't post MSN messages that you have with individuals on here without asking then first.

KIGO1987
23rd June 2010, 09:42 PM
The msn chat session of that night didnt cause the glitch at all, but it did play its role in the discovery of the glitch. If we werent talking that night on msn at that exact moment in time, im pretty certain the glitch would not have been discovered if at all. Thats what i am saying. :|

yeldar2097
23rd June 2010, 09:51 PM
Moving on...

Videos are up :hyper

Links are in the Videos thread. You know you want to ;)

Woopzilla
23rd June 2010, 10:03 PM
I'm hosting a game again like yesterday if anyone is up for racing on syncopia. :D

EDIT: Still hosting. ;)

KIGO1987
23rd June 2010, 10:08 PM
Ill pop in now if the room is still going :)

SaturnReturn
23rd June 2010, 10:42 PM
If we werent talking that night on msn at that exact moment in time, im pretty certain the glitch would not have been discovered if at all.

To put it simply....no. That's like an England fan saying that Defoe only scored today because he was in the audience and blew his vuvuzela at that exact moment in time. It's not possible to know either way what would or wouldn't have happened, but as long as I was doing what I was doing then it's possible it would have happened. If not, then it is just as likely to have happened to someone else after. To try and claim any kind of influence over it happening just makes no sense. Even if it did make sense, then the following would be far more likely to be the 'cause' of it happening at that exact moment:

kanar - for hosting Avalon, the reason I tried to log on.
Sony - for causing the servers to be down when I tried to log on, but was unable.
ericd7m - for posting a TDR rev video beforehand, which made me want to try the method in time trial while I was waiting to be able to log on for Avalon.

But even if none of those things had happened, it's still entirely possible that it would have been discovered, whether by me or someone else. In fact, I think some non-zoners had been there already, as there were some unknown (to me) names on the record tables when I looked at them afterward.

Do you see what I'm getting at KIGO? I'm not trying to have a go. I'm just trying to show that this was something completely unpredictable, and that neither one of us can claim that it would not have been found without any one of either of our actions, just because we were both there at the time.

KIGO1987
24th June 2010, 12:59 AM
kanar - for hosting Avalon, the reason I tried to log on.
Sony - for causing the servers to be down when I tried to log on, but was unable.
ericd7m - for posting a TDR rev video beforehand, which made me want to try the method in time trial while I was waiting to be able to log on for Avalon.

I wouldnt see it like that at all. Thats a very linear way of thinking.

Bit like driving to a destination, one of the passenger(s) in the car makes you take an alternate route by any form of force, nagging, distraction, whatever, and on that alternate route you find a really nice old school restaurant there. Now if you didnt take that alternate route, doesnt mean that that restaurant was not ever there or not, it just was never discovered till the moment it was. But if it wasnt for that 3rd party influence of one of the passenger(s) in the car, the accidental discovery would of never been found. Thats what i am saying here. The driver had the control of where to go, but there was a 3rd party influence in there that altered the series of events, which resulted in the chance discovery. Yes its possible it was discovered by other people earlier, but (in the Syncopia Glitch) no one ever caused the glitch in the game. The glitch in the game is just a bug that came out of the end product of the game. Bound to be discovered at any given time, or not.

multibodydynamics
24th June 2010, 11:10 AM
Now, I've been doing some racing on Syncopia. :) It was fun, a bit dark perhaps and there could have been a few more weapon pads... How about the other 3 Pure Four tracks? Has anyone here been lucky enough to race on any of those? There are names listed on the global tables in the game. One could wonder how those names got there...

leungbok
24th June 2010, 12:11 PM
Is there also times related to the names ? If not, that means no one never races those tracks on tt/sl/sr/multi modes ! Which don't means that it will never happens ! ;)

Woopzilla
24th June 2010, 12:22 PM
I suppose hosting an eliminator match on syncopia would be interesting... it would be like an endurance race towards 100 points (or whatever the minimum is) 20 laps for 5 points per lap and extra HP for BRs when going over the line. :P

yeldar2097
24th June 2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah IH8YOU created a 600 point Elim on Syncopia (offline I think). It's basically a massive endurance race :lol

KIGO1987
24th June 2010, 01:28 PM
Was talking to Anthony about that, absolute minimum laps you can do on eliminator is 50 laps on Syncopia. upwards of 200laps.

multibodydynamics
24th June 2010, 04:17 PM
Is there also times related to the names ? If not, that means no one never races those tracks on tt/sl/sr/multi modes ! Which don't means that it will never happens ! ;)

Here's registered times that I found:

Mallavol Speedlap Venom 1 time
Mallavol Single Race Flash 1 time

SaturnReturn
24th June 2010, 06:17 PM
Bit like driving to a destination, one of the passenger(s) in the car makes you take an alternate route by any form of force, nagging, distraction, whatever, and on that alternate route you find a really nice old school restaurant there.

That's a fine analogy, but it isn't equivalent to what happened here. The driver can accidentally take the wrong turn as a direct results of his actions, whether intentional or not, which may have been caused by a passenger action. I can accept that all day long. But in this case, I didn't do anything wrong like a wrong turn. I hit the X button to get back into TDR rev, and a random glitch in the game caused me to end up on Syncopia. To be equivalent with your analogy, the driver would have to be talking to his passengers, and then a restaurant would have to suddenly pop up in front of them.

Also, I'm not saying the things I listed were what caused it. I said that, even if your logic made sense, then there is any number of things that could contribute, and you can in no way tell the extent of the influence of any one of those things. So you can't be 'sure' to any extent.

If you can't see what I'm getting at by now then it's probably best to just agree to disagree.

leungbok
24th June 2010, 07:47 PM
Here's registered times that I found:

Mallavol Speedlap Venom 1 time
Mallavol Single Race Flash 1 time

Interesting ! Maybe something to dig here ! :)

KIGO1987
24th June 2010, 09:18 PM
it's probably best to just agree to disagree.

Agreed.

Dark_Phantom_89
24th June 2010, 10:38 PM
I go away for a few days and miss out on all the fun? Argh, damn it, I'd love to get my teeth into Syncopia ;)

AnErare
27th June 2010, 02:01 AM
Yesterday Cat was trying to get into TT but the first what seemed to be a succesful attempt appeared to be a futile one.. Syncopia showed up and was selected but still locked!

I've taken 2 pictures to show the differences between a usable attempt to unlock it and a failed one. As far as I have seen it's in the selection icon showing (or not) the direction arrows and the evident lock overlaying the track layout.

Fail: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=17&pictureid=2274

Succes: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=17&pictureid=2275

I think it's interesting the thumbnail preview of the track still shows Tech de Ra..

Has anyone disclosed the method to use Syncopia online yet?

Cheers!

Woopzilla
27th June 2010, 03:07 AM
It's the same as offline. I've managed hosted it 4 times now. :P

You select TDR R and do the usual moving about.. then just go back into 'edit settings' and keep going at it.

So far, each of my succeses have been within 5 minutes of trying... I've never been successful when it has taken longer.

And this might be totally misleading but: I've not once managed to select it online during the day. I've tried for 15-30 (!) minutes in 3 consecutive days... all 3 attempts failed. But when I tried again in the evening on those same days, it worked within 5 minutes... probably just a coincidence? I can't see how time could affect this... probably just (bad) luck.

yeldar2097
27th June 2010, 12:29 PM
Hey I can see myself in those pics! :hyper

That's weird though AnE, whenever I've seen syncopia appear, it has been accessible, regardless of whether the arrows are there or not.
So with the failed one, even if you highlight Syncopia will it not give you access?

Yeah from what I've heard (French/Canadian sources) if it doesn't work within 5 minutes, just quit the racebox all the way back to the main menu, then start again. Not sure if it's necessary but if it doesn't work for me I do a couple of laps somewhere else, then enter racebox again. Got it about 6x during a brief session last night, as opposed to 2x in about 4hrs first time around.

:beer

amplificated
27th June 2010, 01:16 PM
I've had what AnErare is talking about happen to me as well. Syncopia stays locked even if you click on it.

In fact if you select TDR>, it still has the Syncopia track displayed in the upper right, but it will still do TDR> if you choose to play it.

Perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhaps... that may be part of the key to finding Mallavol and the others :P

Dark_Phantom_89
27th June 2010, 09:22 PM
Am I the only one who can't do this? I've tried many times, but no luck.

silverfoxy
8th August 2010, 08:24 PM
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but I've only just managed to unlock it in single player in the last week. And hello again, its been a while....

Recently been getting back into the game, done quite a bit of zoning. The first time I unlocked Syncopia I'd just done Corridon, Syncopia and Pro Tozo in zone mode and then went to TT and 2nd time I tried it worked. Think it was at rapier speed (i'm obviously missing a couple of BRs per lap as I'm about 5 seconds off the pace but enjoyable none the less.

The next time I got in at flash speed. Again I had been doing zone beforehand. Not 100% sure of the courses though. I've tried subsequently at venom speed (no joy yet) and phantom speed (got it to show up but it was locked so wouldn't allow me to play it. But I'll keep trying.

What I wanted to know is there a definite method of getting it as in what you press to get it to work ?? Would love to get the other pro4 tracks as well. Spent so much time on them in zone would be interesting to try them at time trial.

Hope to be about over the weekend for some avalon, its been too long properly.

leungbok
8th August 2010, 08:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BADTESTERZ#p/u/10/e__TZ_fRh2s

;)

omracer
8th August 2010, 09:37 PM
theres proof of syncopia online. i foudn it when watching the above video.

Dark_Phantom_89
8th August 2010, 10:18 PM
I finally managed to get into Syncopia for a Phantom Speed Lap this morning. Haven't had any luck getting into it again though...

AnErare
8th August 2010, 10:21 PM
theres proof of syncopia online. i foudn it when watching the above video.

That's exactly why he posted the video.. And why it has been mentioned before.

silverfoxy
9th August 2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks very much for that Leungbok. Very interesting. The method I use is pretty much identical to that.

Looks like I've just got to keep at it !!

Do you reckon the same method will work on rev Modesto, rev Ampi and Rev Talons to get the other Pure 4 tracks ?? Has anyone actually tried that ??

leungbok
9th August 2010, 06:46 PM
Yes, with various other tracks and everytime it's tech de ra reverse which disappears ! :brickwall And you're not on the empty slot to go on syncopia :bomb

multibodydynamics
11th August 2010, 11:08 AM
I started an offline eliminator race on Syncopia yesterday. It was kind of a special experience since there are no weapon pads on this track. The only way to get points was trying to do as many laps as possible. Unfortunately, the AI-ships are impossible to beat on this track because they get more points per lap (7) then the player does (5). The only way to win would be to lap them all several times which doesn't seem possible because there is a rubber band effect on the AI. If you race really fast with several barrel rolls and a tight race line the distance is still constant, as if they would have been racing in the same speed. It was fun to try anyway.
I also tried a single race in phantom speed against the Elite AI. I actually won on the first try! I don't know if that was because I already know the track really well. Anyway, it was fun to do a weapons off race.
Has anyone come up with an idea of how to beat the AI in eliminator on this track? From my experience it doesn't seem possible to lap them and weapons are kind of scarce...