PDA

View Full Version : Voice Actors

Koleax
25th February 2010, 04:48 AM
Is there a voice actor you'd like to hear do the voiceovers in future Wipeout games?

Personally I was a fan of the heavily synthesized robotic male voice in 2097 and enjoy a similar kind in HD's Zone mode, but the female voices in Fusion and HD are cool too and, if they are going to continue that style, I recommend they try to get Moira Quirk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvaqPO3v8LI). She'd be perfect, wouldn't she? I don't know how popular Guts was outside the US, but there are millions of people here who naturally associate her voice with extreme sporty fun. :)

SenGoku81
25th February 2010, 11:38 AM
For female voice over artists to fill the role one sure fire that comes to mind is the voice of the animated heroine Aeon Flux (from the cartoon) voice by Canadian lovlie Denise Poirier. Such a smooth voice could lend itself well to the game. Other than that I'd love to see John DiMaggio do some joke voicing for a future game. ^^

I had Sky T.V. back in the 90s and only just about remember Guts, though I've a lot of fond memories of 90s Nick programmes esp Pete and Pete!

ACE-FLO
3rd March 2010, 02:01 PM
Barry White - :lol
Bruce Forsyth - :paperbag
Anne Robinson - :bomb

... no, seriously though - I don't know what ther name is but the woman from Star Trek. Um, Seven of Nine I think... now she can say "Missile" all she wants :) I won't complain :g

Koleax
3rd March 2010, 09:40 PM
Do you think she should learn a British accent, though? It's difficult to think of a Wipeout game where it's not pronounced MISS-eye-uhl.

I would think it very cool to unlock different voice actors, though. Maybe an American version like Jeri Ryan (aka Seven of Nine) would be really interesting as an option.

ACE-FLO
3rd March 2010, 11:44 PM
ah, So that's her name then :) I think she could say Miss-Eye-Earl, and it could work... maybe, probably, yes :D

Mr Phlanj
4th March 2010, 09:54 AM
I think they should start useing the 2 voices from (i think) Mach1 in zone mode where its the male and female at the same time.