PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

taqili
24th February 2010, 02:28 AM
Hoo, is this game fun! I know TheFrostE is all hung up on White Knight Chronicles, but of the two "big" RPGs to come out before y'all get FFXIII'd, my money went to SO4. I'm a huge fan of the Second Story on PSX (my favorite RPG of all time, top 3 favorite games..26 times through the game, baby!) and I didn't get to play SO3 to my satisfaction. When I heard SO4 was coming out for 360, I bought one immediately but unfortunately, it was a refurb and died soon afterwards. I don't have a ton of money so I couldn't afford to get it again, so when I heard that they were remaking it on PS3, I couldn't be more excited.

This game is huuuuuuuuge though, so if you're a trophywhore like me, you'll have to set your ego aside for it and just buckle down for 2-3 months to get that platinum! I won't sugarcoat it, it's going to take you 300+ hours for the platinum, but oh man is the battle system fun! It's all real-time and fortunately you can see the enemies on the world map so you don't have to worry about a million random encounters. There's a bonus board which you fill with tiles that give you bonuses at the end of each battle, like bonus XP or Fol (money) or restoration. Furthermore, there are blindsides, which are attacks you charge up and then time just right to dash behind the enemy and get some massive critical hits. If you have some extra cash lying around or are simply looking to make a great investment in a solid game with tons of gaming hours in it, definitely get this game.

TheFrostE
24th February 2010, 04:30 AM
ya man looks cool, but never been a fan of SO series