PDA

View Full Version : Are the "Pure DL packs ship" overpowered?

XpanDrome2097
14th February 2010, 09:31 PM
It's only my impression, or the Pure DLC ships are a bit overpowered?
Examples: Van-Uber is more powerful than Feisar, Tigron is more powerful than Triakis (except for the Triakis bug, am talking about racing stats), Goteki 45 can makes feel ridicolous great teams like Qirex and Assegai, in this game...
But we want to talkin' about the artist ships?
They can make feel weak a decent ship like Harimau :rolleyes:...
I am the only one that I think this :??

AG-wolf
16th February 2010, 03:10 AM
That's really sort of a subjective question... everyone has a different preference for what team to pick... It depends on how they play. Personally, I like heavy & fast; Wario -> Mario Kart, Fire Stingray -> F-Zero, etc etc... therefore I used to pick Qirex in the first games, and now I alternate between them and Auricom.

The stats are a little weird in Pure, though, I'll admit. It doesn't feel like they kept the right states for the "legacy" teams ever since Pure was released :/ I mean, Feisar is still middle-of-the-road, Piranha is still wicked fast... I dunno, something just feels off.

MrSmadSmartAlex
16th February 2010, 04:56 PM
The stats don't seem to mean so much in Pure compared to other Wipeouts IMO. Some of the DLC ships do look a bit overpowered, just from the stats, but I don't think they're really much better in practice (except possibly Goteki45 - again, subjective). Tigron's stats look amazing, but when you race it, it's merely a good ship.
I also love the heavy ships in Pure, but the lack of thrust puts me off - they really seem to suffer on most corners, even if you take them clean. Piranha is almost great - nice handling (for me), great speed, ok shield, but no thrust... I'd gladly sacrifice one more handling on it for one more thrust! :lol

Task
16th February 2010, 06:58 PM
Nah, not overpowered at all.
In a 1-on-1 contest, any DL ship can easily lose to a Zone or Medievil.
They do tend to look stronger than the base ships do though.
I imagine that was done partially to make the DL packs desirable, and partially because any ship designed after the game release can fit the game better than a ship that was designed before the game was playable.
Games go through a lot of changes before being released.
I hear that in one of the earlier builds of Pure, Thrust was almost irrelevant!
I think they later released that early version of Pure and called it "Pulse". 8 D