PDA

View Full Version : [PS3] flOw fOr frEE tOdAY [Feb 13 2010]

drell
13th February 2010, 07:48 PM
First thread here, to inform you of promotion on game I love. Funny title I thought ;)

flOw, one of the first game for PS3 download, is now available for free up until 12AM (midnight) Easter Time (GMT-5) today for Valentine's Day promotion on American PlayStation Store (If not from US, just make US account.)
If you like flOwer, or if you are interested in getting flOwer but not certain, try this. It is like flOwer, only 2D and obviously different ambiance. Think of it as Snake with motion control and much better graphic, music and sound.
Very good small game to pass a little time in my opinion. :)

Source: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/13/psa-download-flow-for-free-until-midnight-est/)

SaturnReturn
13th February 2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the tip. I was going to buy this a little while ago but didn't in the end. Now I get it for free.:D

Although are you sure you have the time right? Hasn't 12PM Eastern Time passed already?

EDIT: Well it's available until midnight rather than midday, but doesn't work for me anyway. I get an error code "(HTTP Status Code: 403)".:(

ProblemSolver
13th February 2010, 08:14 PM
Within the current description of flOw (from the NA PSN store, section make.believe)
it reads; for the US and Canada only. Hence, the free offering is only for the
NA boys 'n girls, for those who have the right IP (http error: 403) to say at least. ;)

drell
13th February 2010, 08:25 PM
Apparently, I forgot something. I will just quote The Pirate (http://www.joystiq.com/profile/2240585/) from Joystiq comment section:

How to download it if your not in the US!. Sign into a US PSN account and then

LITTLE GUIDE:

Step 1

Go to the Settings option in the XMB on the PS3. Select Network Settings. Press "X" for Internet Connection Settings.

Step 2

Select the Yes option if currently connected to the Internet. If you are not connected, this option is unavailable.

Step 3

Highlight the Custom option with the d-pad. Press the Right button on the controller. Select Auto-Detect and push "Right" again. Choose the Automatic IP setting and press "Right" to continue. Select "Do Not Set" on the DHCP host name screen. Push "Right" three times.

Step 4

Push the Down key to select Use on the Proxy Server screen.

Step 5

Insert the proxy: 66.90.92.61
Port: 8080

Step 6

Go to US PS Store and download free flOw.

Step 7

Enjoy gaming : D

Hope this helps : ) Also my mistake about time. Midnight is 12 AM of course.

ProblemSolver
13th February 2010, 08:45 PM
I wanted to post a proxy as well. One thing to consider is that your router has port
8080 open for communication. So it might not work out of the box for anyone at
first instance.

Koleax
13th February 2010, 08:54 PM
What about the expansion pack?

AG-wolf
13th February 2010, 11:40 PM
This makes me even angrier over the fact that I accidentally bought Flow a week or two ago when I hooked my PS3 up at a friend's apartment. I meant to buy a different game, and was completely oblivious when I clicked on Flow and followed-through with the purchase. I hate the game too...either that or I just need to play for more than ten minutes? Dunno.

AspenExcel
14th February 2010, 12:36 AM
Great game, I highly recommend it. I actually bought it a few weeks ago. $10 is perfectly reasonable I think. What really drew me to the game was, like WipEout, the style of it. The visuals are totally unique and the music is stunning. :+

drell
14th February 2010, 01:12 AM
What about the expansion pack?Expansion (or more "expansiOn") adds one creature (plus it's level) and photo mode (eat specific items to snap a picture a few seconds later) Not really missing out, this creature is a variant of these "puffer" enemies which blast you away when you get close to them. Level is unremarkable compared to others like paralysis creature.

AG-Wolf, it's unfortunate but buying by accident seems odd, as there are many confirmation screens before purchase is made. Perhaps you hate because of that? This isn't a game that should make people angry, I would recommend playing more to be at peace ;)

IH8YOU
14th February 2010, 04:24 AM
Brutal, missed this by 13 minutes.

Z°ⁿε
14th February 2010, 04:27 AM
It's only 10:27pm here, but i guess im too late.

SaturnReturn
14th February 2010, 10:45 AM
I got this game now. But I really have no idea how to play it. I read the instructions and everything, but I just can't control the sucker. :blarg

z1r0rEi
14th February 2010, 11:19 AM
I think Flow uses, motion control, sixaxis, to play the game, haven't played it for a longtime, but is a calming & relaxing game.:coffee

drell
14th February 2010, 06:03 PM
thatgamecompany is not finished yet:

Flower half price today for Americans (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/14/buy-your-love-a-flower-for-half-price-today/).

IH8YOU
14th February 2010, 06:42 PM
I'm downloading Flower right now - I hope this is the game I think it is (from a demo I saw years ago).

Z°ⁿε
14th February 2010, 08:16 PM
Flower is pretty fun.
Easy trophies too, i got 100% in like 3 hours of gameplay.

IH8YOU
14th February 2010, 10:21 PM
Never played a "relaxing" game until this one - had no interest until this game.

Even the end credits are fun to go through.

Worth the 5 bones, even as a "white noise" machine, to have nature sounds in the background while I work.

Yeah, I'm Nuckin Futz.

LOUDandPROUD
15th February 2010, 12:52 AM
Yah, I loved Flower too. :+

AG-wolf
15th February 2010, 01:15 AM
jeeze, and I just bought flower at full price a week or so ago >_<

Koleax
15th February 2010, 01:30 AM
Is it okay to let your children play flOw?

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/217497721_wg5Ad-L-2.jpg

Z°ⁿε
15th February 2010, 06:14 AM
@Koleax
ESRB says it's rated E for everyone.

Z_Zoquis
15th February 2010, 12:19 PM
Grabbed Flow and Flower. Flow is OK, but Flower is just knocking my socks off. What a beautiful game.

okam
15th February 2010, 08:20 PM
I got flower the other day, mostly because it was really cheap and I had just the right amount left over in my wallet.

Major motion sickness. Halfway into the first level I rushed to the bathroom and spent the next 5m waiting around expecting dinner to make it's 2nd appearance. In the end it didn't, but now I kinda don't want to play anymore. First 5m of Borderlands was the same, but it was fine after that (finished the gmae twice now). I think it was just the intro bit where you get off the bus.