PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Elo Calculator

TorquedSoul
4th February 2010, 02:18 PM
For those interested in using Elo for multiplayer games here is an online calculator.

Multiplayer Elo Calculator (http://elo.divergentinformatics.com)

AG-wolf
4th February 2010, 03:47 PM
what is this I don't even

lol but really, what's "multiplayer elo"?

TorquedSoul
4th February 2010, 04:07 PM
I guess you are not a member of the chess club :P

Elo is the rating system used in Chess and a few other games. The standard Elo ratings only allow for one on one competitions ... like chess.

This Elo calculator allows you to calculate a chess like rating for competitions involving multiple opponents ... for say ... I dunno wipEout.

In general, Elo is a method of rating players based on the quality of the competition. It also has a built in mechanism to combat rating inflation which is helpful also.

Dark_Phantom_89
4th February 2010, 06:12 PM
This is great :clap

Just one question though - what are the "k" values?

TorquedSoul
4th February 2010, 10:30 PM
If you dont know what the K values are ... just use the FIDE system.

F.E.I.S.A.R
11th February 2010, 11:40 AM
What do you use for "Players's Elo Rating"?Online Rank?.And what is "Provisional"?

TorquedSoul
15th February 2010, 03:51 PM
This is just a calculator. The expectation is that person using it has a record of the players elo ratings somewhere.

Provisional status is used on players new to a particular ranking system. It gives them a higher K value which means there score will change faster. Its intended to place new players into the correct range faster. Provisional status will remain until a player has reached a certain number of matches. again, this tool doesn't keep track of that.

My YAWL website was tracking those things automatically ... but I've decided to shut it down until it is finished.