PDA

View Full Version : Sega is going back to the consoles

Z°ⁿε
2nd February 2010, 04:09 AM
Yup it's true.
This console offers 20 classics plus some added goodies, including a motion sensor. Link 1 offers more description.

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/news/sega-goes-back-to-making-consoles.html
http://www.kokeytechnology.com/gadgets/1230-zone-40-wireless-gaming-a-cheap-nintendo-wii-clone/

IMO, this is a bad idea as PS3/360/Wii all offer sega classics, so i don't see any point to this. If they were to make a Dreamcast 2, i would pick that up. On the upside this system has a cool look to it that reminds me of WipEout!

blackwiggle
2nd February 2010, 04:41 AM
After the deal Sega made with Sony to port it's old titles to the PS.
Sega sort of goofed up just afterwards when informing the press of the deal.

It let loose that Sony intended to have the complete catalogue of PS2 titles available for download from the PStore around the same time,which Sony wasn't happy about

Mu5
2nd February 2010, 07:17 AM
Please give us Hi-Def ports of Daytona and Sega Rally Arcade! That would rock :D

AG-wolf
2nd February 2010, 11:43 AM
lol thats not a "new console" its just one of the multi-pack chinese things that sega slaps their name on (coleco and atari have done the same).

Sega needs to make a REAL console again along the lines of the Genesis-32x-CD or Saturn. Both consoles represented Sega as a pinnacle member of the games industry... (don't say "you forgot dreamcast," because the dreamcast was nowhere near the level of its two predecessors). Maybe Sega, Nintendo, and Namco should collaborate on a home console like they did on an arcade machine a while back... Then nintendo would have their name on something practical, too, after a decade with the Gamecube and Wii -_-

Z°ⁿε
2nd February 2010, 12:57 PM
@AG-wolf

Yea that's what i was thinking to man, but on the other hand it has a motion sensor.. kinda struck me as a real console lol.

BulletWraith
4th February 2010, 11:26 AM
@Z°ⁿε
when I heard 'motion sensor' that kinda took the 'real' out of the equation for me
wish it had more SEGA esq controls, some wireless Saturn controlers would be Ace!

-zer:donutshen

F.E.I.S.A.R
11th February 2010, 11:44 AM
If Sega is making a new console,I hope that the Daytona USA Series get ported to that console.
Daytona USA 2 is so rare!A good thing for Sega to do(I think)is to port it(Daytona USA 2)to the new console.

AG-wolf
11th February 2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I'm really disappointed that Daytona 2 hasn't seen a home release yet. I played it at Six Flags in New Jersey like TEN YEARS ago with the full hydraulic car cabinet, it was awesome :D I don't think I've ever seen it in an arcade since :/ Note to self, investigate Model 3 emulation lol