PDA

View Full Version : Custom soundtrack = freezing?

Kyonshi
26th January 2010, 05:17 PM
DeepMix said to me, during England Vs North America, that custom music is somehow implicated in making the game freeze. I turned it off like he suggested me and seems that everything is doing fine now, no more freezing since sunday.

I got over 110 songs in my custom playlist. Yes im a freak i know :dizzy Maybe having a huge playlist considerably increases the chances of crashing? How much songs do you have in yours, guys? Did you noticed something went wrong after you add more tunes to it? Anybody got official explanation for this?

Sorry if another thread about this is already existing, but i felt the need to ask anyway.

Zoth-Ommog
26th January 2010, 05:26 PM
Well i slam 7500 mp3's in to my PS harddrive, and the system choked like hell, especially when i tried to launch Wipeout so sure, i believe there is some weird connection between wipeout freeze/crash/bullshit and huge playlist or number of files on your HDD.

yeldar2097
26th January 2010, 05:29 PM
Got 4 playlists each with about 500 songs on them then 2 more playlists with about 100 songs. Got about 15000 songs on my PS3 in total, made these playlists before adding all that though, too much of a pain in the arse to sort through.

Had em since may-ish.

Don't know if they have anything to do with the freezing but I know that I race without music once every 6 or so races (also happens offline in all modes) for some random-ass reason.

:)

AG-wolf
26th January 2010, 05:33 PM
good lord why do people have so much music on their machines? lol :P I think I have about 70 - 100 songs total on my ps3, no playlist bigger than 15 tracks, and I've never had any problems...

kaori
26th January 2010, 05:35 PM
Haha, I don't have playlists, but I often freeze !

Z°ⁿε
26th January 2010, 06:18 PM
Ya when i go to switch the music lists from default to my PS3's, it sort of freezes for about 5 seconds, then resumes.

Dark_Phantom_89
26th January 2010, 06:24 PM
I'd assume that the game has trouble reading a large amount of tracks. I only have 14 songs in total and I'm fine.

blackwiggle
26th January 2010, 07:12 PM
It shouldn't freeze if you sort the songs into small playlists of around 10 - 20 songs,which is plenty for Wipeout.
It's when it has to go searching through a huge block of MP3's that causes the freezes.

novide
26th January 2010, 08:58 PM
i have over 200 songs in the playlist and no freezes...

YoshiXL
27th January 2010, 02:01 AM
i think you guys really are overloading the ps3 with too much music. i have an easy and convinient solution to this. i have a 2GB memory stick, load up a playlist i make on my laptop. then i just use those 100-200 songs for my current gaming session. then when im done, i delete the music unless i know i will need it again soon. otherwise, i just wait to make a new playlist on my laptop. that way, all my music isnt stored on the ps3 which could cause problems as seen in some cases. =)

Kyonshi
27th January 2010, 02:29 AM
7500, 15000 tracks???? Ok i retire what i said, i'm no music freak, i'm a freakin' noob xD

I think that Blackwiggle's advice is the best. I've thought of doing so, but didn't want to go through the hassle of sorting all my tracks into several folders. Seems it will be necessary though, i simply love racing with my own music. I've waited so long about that anyway :)

il_mago_di_Doz
27th January 2010, 11:04 AM
i have over 200 songs in the playlist and no freezes...
Same here ;)

Cyberio
27th January 2010, 01:04 PM
It often happened to me with a 2hr radio program. And sometimes with few music tracks. I don't know why.

But all the times i start Fury, when i'm listening the ost, it starts all over again, and no resume from the previous day.