PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who: New Earth (Anti Gravity crafts in intro)

ACE-FLO
22nd January 2010, 07:03 PM
watch it on BBCiPlayer if you are a brit with a PS3, and internet ...

... I did and was just really surprised to see anti gravity crafts/cars flying over a green hill into the city of New New York - which looks rather utopian, much like Ubermall does imo...

had to watch it twice (just a small clip but its worth it) sorry I didnt paste a link here :paperbag

KGB
22nd January 2010, 08:02 PM
Anyone else shed a tear when he regenerated? It was up there with Tom Baker - Peter Davison.

yeldar2097
22nd January 2010, 08:05 PM
When? Most recently or some other time?

KGB
22nd January 2010, 08:11 PM
At Christmas. David Tennent was replaced by some new guy.

SaturnReturn
22nd January 2010, 08:14 PM
I shed a tear every time someone turns it on, does that count? Actually, I don't, I LOLOL every time someone turns it on. I just can't get over the cheese enough to take it seriously. I'm a big cheese fan, but it's just all so plastic and cheap. I liked Doctor Who as a kid and it wouldn't be Doctor Who without the budget effects, I guess, but the new ones use modern technology and do seem like they're trying to be big budget somehow, and still look low budget. This doesn't sit well with me. It feels very sterile.

Also:

The character of the Doctor was initially shrouded in mystery. All that was known about him in the programme's early days was that he was an eccentric alien traveller of great intelligence who battled injustice while exploring time and space in an unreliable old time machine called the TARDIS, an acronym for Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space

Is it possible for a time machine to be old?

KGB
22nd January 2010, 08:23 PM
The DeLorean's about 30 years old, that was an unreliable old time machine too. All time machines seem to work like a bag of shite come to think about it.

Lance
22nd January 2010, 08:43 PM
I figuratively shed a tear when Christopher Eccleston left.

yeldar2097
22nd January 2010, 08:54 PM
At Christmas. David Tennent was replaced by some new guy.

Massive cry session during that episode :(

DawnFireDragoon
22nd January 2010, 09:41 PM
very fatal inertia, got a couple of shots off iplayer for those in far away lands....

yeldar2097
22nd January 2010, 10:18 PM
aww looking at those pictures makes me sad again...I'm still very much attached to this 'ere 10th Doctor :nod

No life? Doctor DT = win so there :lol

abukii
23rd January 2010, 02:29 AM
Ayyyyeee...I lost track of Dr.Who a few years back. This looks coolio tho (yo) :beer

For North American denziens, the BBC player does not work on NA accounts or UK accounts made from UK.

OneAVGNFan
27th January 2010, 09:51 PM
I missed the finale. I had a choice, but I blew it though. :frown: