PDA

View Full Version : North America v England.

KGB
22nd January 2010, 06:24 PM
Thought I would start a little thread about the up coming match this Sunday 24th at 8pm GMT between our two teams.

Team England

Hellfire
Amorbis
Dark Phantom
ACE FLO (definitely :rock)

Standby: Kgb1971, Andybob (when I tell him).

DPs and ACEs first showing for England, but I'm sure Hellfire and Amorbis will look after them out there.

Taken a while to get organized but we made it. Let the hostilities begin. :twisted

SaturnReturn
22nd January 2010, 06:31 PM
Throwing them in at the deep end, eh? Good job. They won't know what hit 'em. :D

ACE-FLO
22nd January 2010, 06:49 PM
I'm not gonna eat, that way I can't schit myself :g me mam thinks I'm a dumb ass, but I think I'm smaht! :lol

Ok, so I'm confirmed - school of hard knocks but hey, i like that :rock

Hellfire_WZ
22nd January 2010, 07:16 PM
Just been back online for a bit and after a long absence I'm pleased to say that I still know how to nuke some faces off :)

IDReaper
22nd January 2010, 07:51 PM
Good line up guys, this event will be interesting to say the least. I'll be hanging around Sunday so see you guys then and good luck to both teams!

KGB
22nd January 2010, 07:52 PM
Half of the pilots are in the BRBs, just make sure you eliminate the right one (TehRedScar) :P

DJ Techno
23rd January 2010, 03:19 AM
Who ever goes up AGAINST these brits..

Win for the usa who ever plays against the uk..

XBARNSTERX
23rd January 2010, 08:06 AM
Good luck chaps :beer

KGB
23rd January 2010, 03:14 PM
Where are all the North Americans hiding, it's unnervingly quiet. :?

Ace3cube
23rd January 2010, 03:21 PM
Don't worry lol They will jump around you when time will be close :P

Kyonshi
23rd January 2010, 03:52 PM
Here we are!:D:+ Of course we're quiet. Its the calm before the storm you'll get caught in :lol

The line-up for North America will be (for the moment):

- Iwillbuildaduck
- Kyonshi
- DeepMix
- TehRedScar

Thing is, i didn't get news from Red, but i think he will be kinda busy these days, from what he said to me. So the Subs will be Boo4ever, Rezatron and IDReaper.

Here's the tracks chosen for the Forward tourney. 8 races, 5 laps, Weapons On, Hints Off.

1. Sol 2
2. Sebenco Climb
3. Modesto Heights
4. Vineta K
5. Chenghou Project
6. The Amphiseum
7. Tech De Ra
8. Anulpha Pass

May the best win! Have fun guys!:hyper

kaori
23rd January 2010, 03:54 PM
Good luck for all, have fun ;)

KGB
23rd January 2010, 04:10 PM
Forgot to mention to the England crew that it would be 8 forward and 8 reverse, North America will hold forward races and England will hold the reverse. Who ever wants to host can, you just need to pick 8 reverse tracks from FURY/HD. As kyonshi said, weapons on - hints off.

Rezatron
23rd January 2010, 05:12 PM
Look balanced as it seems each team has 2 newcomers and 2 vets. I don't want to go against my own team but on paper I give the ever so slight edge to the English (I like making predictions :p ). Best of luck to North America! :dizzy :bomb

ACE-FLO
23rd January 2010, 06:33 PM
The Brits have the edge? Thanks, but down here, we Brits have a reputation for being "runners up" in all sporting events, generally :paperbag ... and we're notoriously known to support the "underdog" because of it! :lol

Racing for Queen and country though, is an honour. I just hope I don't :bomb

EDIT: I remember racing IwillBuildADuck last night, at some ridiculous time (UK) and guys, this pilot is lightning fast dammit... we got a fight on our hands!!! :g gonna be intense to say the least!!! Grrrrr :evil

DeepMix
23rd January 2010, 08:08 PM
Somebody called for an exterminator? ;)

hope this matches get interesting, im ready to roll out *starts engine* :) good luck to everyone

RedScar
23rd January 2010, 08:10 PM
Ya sorry kyo. Like clockwork I've got 3 different problem sets that were thrown at me this week. I hate this, the WO races always happen during school :(

ACE-FLO
23rd January 2010, 08:17 PM
Somebody called for an exterminator? ;)

No, I called for back up! :lol

Kyonshi
23rd January 2010, 09:24 PM
@ACE-FLO

Oooooh yes sir, Iwillbuildaduck will cause a big surprise! My team mates suggested a lot of pilots when i reformed the team, but no one mentioned the Duck Man :P I noticed once his awesome skills and personally asked him to join. I put blind confidence in his abilities, you'll see why tomorrow ;):+

@Red

Its ok Red, no worries. Education comes first. Schedules may be constraining, but you're part of the original ones, you will always have your spot among us. So whatever long it takes, you'll have other chances to shine:D

Now, Rezatron will be replacing RedScar, so our updated line-up is:

- Iwillbuildaduck (USA)
- Kyonshi (Canada)
- DeepMix (El Salvador)
- Rezatron (Canada)

IDReaper
23rd January 2010, 09:54 PM
Mhm ya I was looking forward to seeing you race RedScar. That okay though I know how it is sometimes with school. Priorities ><. Anyway the lineup still looks awesome =). We have one who builds ducks, beware. Go duck builder go!

ACE-FLO
23rd January 2010, 10:15 PM
Kyonshi - your blind confidence is already justified mate, as I mentioned earlier I have raced him and the Duck is demonic fast... in my teams defence, I will say I am the weakest link in my team ;) but um, we got some veterans in our team which make me feel a lot better about surprises ;)

Amorbis
24th January 2010, 12:51 AM
Good luck to everyone tomorrow. It's going to be a busy day, a Team England match and possibly Xpand. Here's hoping it'll go my team's way in both. ;)

The NA team is looking good from here. I haven't raced Duck, but I've seen some of his times. It'll be a surprise I'm sure.

Mr Phlanj
24th January 2010, 02:02 AM
come on england! I'll have the tea and the custerd creams ready for you if u come back winners :D

Iwillbuildaduck
24th January 2010, 09:14 AM
great, my name has been mentioned way too much in this thread. with the expectations this high, I'll feel morally obligated to not start drinking rum at noon.

ACE-FLO
24th January 2010, 12:50 PM
Mr Phlanj... just make sure I don't run out of rizla papers plz :)

Dark_Phantom_89
24th January 2010, 01:55 PM
Should be an interesting match tonight - looking forward to it ;)

Mr Phlanj
24th January 2010, 02:04 PM
Mr Phlanj... just make sure I don't run out of rizla papers plz :)

nah im seeing how mutch of a macgyver you are by only leaving 2bits of string a rubberband and a pen

KGB
24th January 2010, 04:20 PM
Forgot to say as well that there will be random drug tests after the match, anyone found not under the influence of illicit substances will be immediately disqualified. :dizzy

ACE-FLO
24th January 2010, 05:54 PM
Yo peeps, I got effing connection problems, and keep getting logged out of Playstation Network. So to save all trouble and time, I'm posting here to confirm my withdrawal form this event. I am totally gutted that I cant race tonight, and hope someone from Team Englan can replace me at such short notice... :( I am sorry :(

Gonna keep trying to connect til then, but boy am I tried of hitting :bomb

Hellfire_WZ
24th January 2010, 06:35 PM
I'll have a full results sheet ready at the end of the tournament. Are we picking reverse tracks or shall we just do the same set again?

KGB
24th January 2010, 06:42 PM
You can host if you want Hellfire. Any reverse tracks you want. Looks like I'm playing now but I'm having issues with the network as well.

Hellfire_WZ
24th January 2010, 06:46 PM
Sure, I'll host the reverse lot then. Reverse tracks are:

Metropia
Sol 2
Vineta K
Modesto Heights
Moa Therma
Talon's Junction
Sebenco Climb
Ubermall

Hellfire_WZ
24th January 2010, 09:15 PM
Results are as follows

1 - Hellfire_WZ - 85
2 - Rezatron - 77
3 - DeepMix - 63
4 - Iwillbuildaduck - 59
5 - Dark_Phantom_89 - 55
6 - Kyonshi -50
7 - kgb1971 -41
8 - Amorbis - 34

Team England - 215
North America - 249

Full breakdown attached. Thanks everyone :)

BTW, did DeepMix ever go for that dump?

KGB
24th January 2010, 09:17 PM
Remind me not to play in one of these again :paperbag:bomb:)

EDIT:Well done to Hellfire for flying the flag and making me 16 years younger :+

Kyonshi
24th January 2010, 09:40 PM
I second that KGB. This was exhausting and frustrating beyond reason, and it seems i'm cursed with the stupidest badluck ever.:brickwall

Everything happened to everybody, from disconnecting, constant ramming and paint trading, to being launched into high skies because of dumbest glitch and being thrown out of track. Did we happened to "race" somewhere in the process or what? :lol

Anyway, many thanks the to England Team for accepting the challenge. See you again on the track for some less enraging races :)

Hellfire_WZ
24th January 2010, 09:41 PM
Oh cock, god knows where I got 1987 from :P

Amended now, can't stay that way forever ;)

KGB
24th January 2010, 10:20 PM
Old KIGO I think. Seriously well done though, you were great tonight Hellfire. Don't think my Ping and I (Is that a film? :)) is cut out for this sort of thing, I never do well when there are a lot of people on the track. I've never been involved with so much disconnection, a total pain in the arse, but we got through it after 2 hours!!

Congratulations to NAWTY, you all played very well. Let's not do it again too soon. ;)

Rezatron
24th January 2010, 10:34 PM
3 disconnections this time (2 of my PS3 lock ups and 1 on kyo). Last time against the French we had 5 disconnections (4 on the french, 1 on kyo I think it was).

Very frustrating races as usual :dizzy I wish the ramming damage was severely cut back as it really cost me (and probably everyone) on a few occasions.

Amorbis
24th January 2010, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry for any bad comments I made at the end of the tournament, but that's how I felt. The ship bashing got to an extreme in which I was losing around 70 health per shunt, resulting in my quick demise after a rocket or bad sector. The disconnection rules made no sense either. While a disconnect may be unfair on the person that disconnected it's even more unfair on everyone else. We all lose our results for that race and I then feel quite deflated. I know I'm not on top form at the moment, but the races should have never gone that bad. Congratulations to NA though, I don't mean to put you down on some good racing.

ACE-FLO
24th January 2010, 11:16 PM
wow, what happened out there? congrats to NAWTY anyway, and my apologies again to all. i'm still having connect issues :bomb which is krappy...

Rezatron
24th January 2010, 11:35 PM
I'm also having difficulties today, my PS3 just locked up for the third time today in a random online race :blarg. Seems to happen more often if I use rear view or if I fire a rocket with another ship directly on my side, hmm... :|

edit: DP_89 did you record the races?

Kyonshi
25th January 2010, 12:26 AM
@Amorbis

I feel you dude, i know exactly what you've been through. I'm a prefectionist and very methodical in how i play, i try my best to adopt a racing with surgical precision, and i practice every day. But when i have to deal with ramming and trading paint for a whole lap that could terminate my race in a finger snap, i get enormously frustrated just like you. Anyway like we said, the damage dealt with ramming and scraping is hugely disproportionate, unrealistic and ridiculous.

Until SL fix this, which will never happens since they prefer fixing ads rather than fixing every flaws that are in direct link with what constitutes the core of WipEout's gameplay, we will have to deal with it. We can't really escape it, since we'll are so much experienced pilots; the gap between each other on the track is more than often so tiny that at some point we inevitably get gathered in a cluster of ships that excessively ram each other. If this cannot be removed, SL need to re-adjust this feature so the unique racing experience get preserved.

About disconnections, i know it sounds unfair to restart all over the race. Believe me, its always happening to me when i'm leading, like today. But i don't really see how we can do otherwise. On the other side, its in the spirit of fairness for the one who dropped out that everybody starts at the same point again, since disconnections isn't a self-willed act.

DeepMix
25th January 2010, 04:00 AM
i think some of us raced really bad today :( i dont know what happened besides all the disconnections problems some had. anyway at the end it was pretty close and we won but still you guys did a great job racing out there team england ;) hope we can race some other time and when that happens i hope it can be a real match :)

PD: lol @ HellFire yea i completed the mission finally lol

OBH
25th January 2010, 08:19 AM
Booo, hisssss :)
unlucky lads.

Dark_Phantom_89
25th January 2010, 10:33 AM
wow, what happened out there? congrats to NAWTY anyway, and my apologies again to all. i'm still having connect issues :bomb which is krappy...

Constant ship ramming and getting hit by weapons, that's what happened ;)

Rezatron - I did record the races but I don't know if I'm gonna upload them as my performance in some of the tracks was embarassing :(

yeldar2097
25th January 2010, 11:17 AM
Your PC accidentally re-formatted itself, that's what I used to say ;)

Shh...it's a secret :P

Dark_Phantom_89
25th January 2010, 11:39 AM
Damn, I should have listened to you yeldar!

My PC...err.... reformatted itself ;)

ACE-FLO
27th January 2010, 01:35 PM
Eeeek, I er, beleive you! :g

I got my connect sorted now!