PDA

View Full Version : enemy upgrades

Fatal
19th December 2002, 09:34 PM
do the enemies get an upgrade once every new league , or do they earn more and more money as u do so that the more u play the harder they get as well ?

infoxicated
19th December 2002, 11:19 PM
The enemy ships are upgraded in keeping with your own. i.e. the more you upgrade your ship, the more the AI ships are upgraded.

It works on a class based system from the previous Wipeout's, except it was thrown out in 'Fusion to make way for the "more commercially attractive" upgrading via credits earned.

The classes are Vector, Venom, Rapier and Phantom.

When your craft is 0-24% upgraded you are racing at Vector class.
From 25% up to 49% you are racing at Venom class.
At 50% and up to 74% you are racing at Rapier class.
At 75% and above upgraded you are racing at Phantom class.

Sadly the AI ships in Fusion are not subject to the same physics as player ships, nor are they affected by changes in track surface. For example, on a reverse version of the jungle track you have to go across water - the handling of your ship goes completely, yet the AI ships still have perfect handling in that area.

Due to that, I wouldn't put much faith into having a fair race in Fusion - it isn't really an honest racing game in that regard. Think of it as the game that serious AG pilots might play on their PS9's, knowing full well that it isn't an accurate representation of the sport!

Fatal
20th December 2002, 03:05 AM
cool :D

Spaceboy Gajo
11th January 2003, 07:59 PM
Think of it as the game that serious AG pilots might play on their PS9's, knowing full well that it isn't an accurate representation of the sport!

Hi all,

I've been away from the forums for a while. Want to wish everybody a belated Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best for 2003!

I do apologize for making this a bit off topic and the timing isn't exactly right now that Christmas has come and gone. However Infoxicated mentioned the PS9 and thought I'd share this article with you. It's a hilarious take on the PS5 and the Ghost of Christmas Future tormenting kids with a jem from the year 2019.

Here's (http://www.theonion.com/onion3847/ghost_of_christmas_future.html) the article.

I wonder what the Wipeout franchise would look like on a PS5. I can't wait for that Star Wars game :lol:

spaceboy gajo :D

Yuret
11th January 2003, 10:13 PM
What I find kinda strange though in the wipeout series is the way that the turbo pads on the race track just have no effect on the AI ships speed at all. Like in katmoda 3 in the long line of turbo pads you just seem to speed right the AI piranhas even in something like a feisar or g-tech! :-?

lunar
13th January 2003, 05:01 PM
Good point, Yuret. It does make you wonder how intelligent these "AI" pilots actually are. It kind of spoils the Katmoda 3 course too.

DJ Techno
15th January 2003, 05:28 PM
The PlayStation 5 will be available in stores Nov. 12, 2016, at a list price of Δ399 New Dollars ($199 Canadian). From the article.

New Dollars. :-? :P And I though in the 12 more years money would be replaced with credit chips or no money at all and the world doesn't have to worry about its economical problems.

Mano
15th January 2003, 11:46 PM
in 12 years? yeah that and world peace, what am i doing putting money on the bank?

hehehe, seriously, new dollars doesnt sound so bad if you think of an stronger commerce through all America (for the North Americans used to calling America to just U.S.A., i mean America as in North, Central and South), and a common currency (like Euros)....come to think about it if that were the case there WOULD be a reason for them to be called AMERICAN DOLLARS.
Credit chips... well, too easy for hackers to hack/counterfeit, i always think about that when i see sci-fi movies/games that have that sort of thing.

The World today? Yeah, its that bad :D

zargz
23rd January 2003, 04:08 AM
I dont like the craft getting all grey when upgraded
so does all the AIs too so now u cant even see the differance Btween the other ships (who is who) :o
not that it's ez 2 c it even b4 everybody goes grey .. :-?
that's what's good with wo1 u can c directly if it's tetsuo or solaar that's buggin u
they got the same craft - different colors !!
next wo should have that - costumizable colors for any craft u choose!!! :D 8)