PDA

View Full Version : "Internal" view

Dark-Twisted
19th January 2010, 03:47 PM
Anyone tried the internal view for a good amount of time?
Usually the view from the very front of the thing you're racing in hasn't been a turn-on to me in any game, and I was expecting no different in Wipeout, mainly because of the speeds you're racing at.

Change is always a bit of fun though, so I gave it a go on phantom class, while doing my 99 laps on Metropia, and I was surprised at how easy it was... in a way it was easier, while making the game feel faster and more exciting, and I got really good... is there something wrong with me here? I might start using it more often.

Your "Internal" view: opinions?

[EDIT] I apologise for my n00bness, this should reeally be moved to The Pilots Lounge :/ mods help?

DrMannevond
19th January 2010, 04:12 PM
I'm with you on this one. Internal view feels faster, more intense and personally I find it easier to line up for cornering.
There's not enough internal view pilots in my opinion - so keep at it :rock

LurifaxFlux
19th January 2010, 04:59 PM
I find it easier to line up for cornering.

I never thought about that but you're absolutely right, the external camera is always a bit delayed in turning, and internal isn't.

I never gave internal view a chance, it feels really wierd for me, but maybe I'll try it out some time.

Lance
19th January 2010, 05:10 PM
Internal view has a different effect in different game versions, as for example between HD and WO3, so perhaps this thread should be left here in the HD section.

SaturnReturn
19th January 2010, 05:42 PM
I've attempted to get the hang of internal view on HD a few times. It really does feel faster, more engrossing and more intense. Sadly, I've always failed. I can handle a few races but not much more. Controls feel too twitchy, whichever ship I use, and the faster speeds tend to give me a headache.

I did a comparison while doing some TT once and my results using internal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtvPlP-e8x0) view weren't bad, but they weren't nearly as good as close external (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZL8Dzci560) view. With internal view, even when I felt I'd done a really good lap or session, the results just weren't as good as I expected. This might be due to a lack of dualshock at the time. I couldn't tell easily whether I was scraping walls, which will always be a handicap, unless you never scrape walls. I hadn't spent a massive amount of time on it, so I didn't expect amazing results, but as I said, it always felt like it went better than it actually had.

Something that I'd be intrigued to know is how certain things appear in internal view compared to external. A major thing would be the effect online when you get near a ship and get turned around from a laggy collision. I have a feeling that the effect doesn't appear nearly as drastic on the screen from internal. But without being able to see both at the same time, it's hard to tell.

LurifaxFlux
19th January 2010, 07:22 PM
The biggest disadvantage with internal view IMO is that you basically can't see anything while doing a barrel roll.

Lance: Exactly what do you mean with different effect?
I tried WO3 with internal view (not cockpit), and the only difference I could see is that there are icons instead of visual effects for shield etc...

DrMannevond
19th January 2010, 07:39 PM
@SaturnReturn : I'm planning on taping the Nordic Session this Sunday. Anything outrageous that can happen during a game usually does in those tournaments.:)

@LurifaxFlux : Yeah, br's can be tricky with internal view, especially knowing if you get enough air or not.

mic-dk
19th January 2010, 08:10 PM
In my humble opinion internal view should be the only way to play HD. As others mention, the sensation of speed is pretty wild at times and that is really what this is all about.

I actually just tried SLing a bit on Talons Reach (rev) on internal and I got within 0.15 sec of my PB, I had to stop because I was slightly dizzy and sweating like an athlete :D On more BR intensive tracks I just lose it completely though.

I really wish I had started out in internal, but now I'm too set in my ways and every BR ends in a total mess :dizzy

Dark-Twisted
19th January 2010, 08:39 PM
Trying it out was amazing, but the problem I have is that even though it is something really good, I still won't have that edge I have on external view, but the second I switch back to external my skill level goes down a mile, I just start crashing into walls etc, and after the while it takes to recover I don't feel as good as I was at the game :/

AspenExcel
19th January 2010, 08:39 PM
Meh, I've never been a big fan of the internal view, it feels like I have blinders on the side and I can only see straight ahead. I like to see what is happening all around my vehicle, so farthest view ftw! :D

DrMannevond
19th January 2010, 09:40 PM
That's true. Knowing what goes on around you can be a lifesaver, but that's why I have surround sound, so I can hear people sneaking up on me:P

yeldar2097
19th January 2010, 09:56 PM
My best view is external (close) but internal is WAY more fun.

I don't do as well when I use internal view but I tend not to care since I'm having fun, as opposed to just racing for the sake of it and getting far too competitive and angry when I lose

:g

Dan Locke
19th January 2010, 10:07 PM
I can't stand "internal" view; it's really more of a bumper-mounted camera than anything else. Wipeout 3 had a real internal view, but it still rolled disorientingly. It should have rotated the cockpit window while keeping the track steady - that's how it is in real life, at any rate (you keep your head up when going around a corner on a bike). Who thought that turning everything sideways on the corners was a good idea? Those are the places where you need the best visibility.

/rant

blackwiggle
19th January 2010, 10:11 PM
I've always used internal view on all the wipeout games.
If you want to have the full immense effect of speed and danger,then it's the only way to race.

It has it's draw backs and advantages.

It's a shocker for BR's I agree,but with familiarity you sort of get used to it,but never quite,you basically just aim for a point in front of you and hope for the best,but if you get nudged by another craft just when turboing,or clip something while BR'ing you'd be very lucky to know where the hell you are when you land.
Multiple BR's linked together, like you need to beat Zico ,can be a nightmare,you might as well be piloting a washing machine.

Getting hit with a long salvo of cannon fire at close range can really mess you up,imagine driving during an earthquake,the whole of your surroundings just become a rapidly shaking blur, it's hard to hold it together when that happens.

Certain tracks can be a nauseating experience,particularly if you end up having to do a lot collision avoidance, Sebenco forward is by far the worse for this, and either of the Modesto tracks come in a close 2nd & 3rd.

If your racing in the new Fury craft that tend to bounce around more than the HD ones,well getting a 3rd in a Phantom race on one of those tracks against the top pilots here is a pretty good achievement in my books.

It seems to me that in internal view you do have a slight advantage on seeing what is ahead of you,so threading your way through a crashed craft/multi craft pile up, or avoiding bombs/mines can be a bit easier [Mines on the Anulpha overpass you can usually scoot pass either side]

But then you don't have the advantage of seeing what's coming up immediately behind or to the side of you [seeing the other pilot in the cockpit of a craft coming up on the side of you,when your in internal view is something everybody should experience in HD,you feel like waving to them,it's very realistic and a lot of fun]:rock
As good as the HD HUD is,and it's the best proximity alert system design yet IMHO,near or far view still has the advantage.

If you ever get the chance,try playing HD/Fury in cockpit view through a projector,that's how I play it,sure it has it's draw backs,but hell it's a LOT OF FUN.
And that's what it's all about in the end.

DrMannevond
19th January 2010, 11:52 PM
@blackwiggle : Amen to everything you just said.
Internal view maximizes the fun for me, and if that comes at the cost of missing a few br's so be it!:nod

novide
20th January 2010, 06:38 AM
since wipeout 2097 i'm playing with internal view. maybe i would be faster with external view, but it's more fun with internal view...

Lance
20th January 2010, 12:54 PM
I always play every racing/driving game with the "internal"/nosecam view, never cockpit or external unless no other option is offered, example: F355 Challenge which only has cockpit view available. It originated in arcades and had a front and two side videoscreens and used cockpit view only to increase the feeling of realism for an actual Ferrari on real-life tracks.

Mr Phlanj
20th January 2010, 03:39 PM
I use the headcam in all modern driving games (forza, dirt and GT) also with no driving assists and recently useing manual!!

but since WoFusion came out i have used the external views for wipeout

DrMannevond
21st January 2010, 12:58 AM
I decided to test the external view in wohd today, and here's the result :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMDbNzHxVOY

I think I'll stick to internal:)

blackwiggle
21st January 2010, 04:22 AM
:lol:lol:lol I'm just as bad in that view.

I like the music,but I think this would of been a more appropriate choice considering the outcome.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uOpk8NwFL8

DarkseidMD
21st January 2010, 06:07 AM
Being in this view is the only way I can fly. Jaminjack is another pilot that uses this view so add us to the list of internal/bumper view pilots!

G'Kyl
21st January 2010, 08:56 AM
Great video, DrMannevond! That's exactly where I was flying when I switched from internal to external - all over the place! :) It's just so different steering the ship in front of you while the camera doesn't move as much as its nose. You know, as compared to getting screen movement for every tiny move you make.

However: I got into it, practiced a few days - and finally got much better in HD, Pure and Pulse. It's the frigging barrel rolls, as was said before. Do them in a tight corner, only a few millimeters above the ground and you just don't see what's going to happen when you land and boost away. I assume a better pilot can compensate for that, but unfortunately I can't. Therefore, external is so much more comfortable for me.

Anyway, it WAS a relief going back to WO2097 and W3O - and internal view - last night! :)

Ben

crawdad62
21st January 2010, 02:14 PM
internal/bumper view pilots!

That's more descriptive of the actual view...... bumper view. It's really not internal as Dan Locke already alluded to (unless you have your face plastered on the front of the cockpit). A true cockpit view would be awesome. Each ship with different cockpit control configurations. Mmmmmm.

I do agree that it certainly imparts more of a sensation of speed to the game but I rarely use it. It's more for fun. If I'm truly racing I don't use it.

Lance
21st January 2010, 02:23 PM
We often call "internal" view "nosecam".

boxman22
21st January 2010, 04:56 PM
I am also one of those who prefer interior camera. I have so far only tried external camera in one or two races and failed completely. I also feel you get more sense of speed with internal, which makes it alot more exciting to play.

afuroKy
21st January 2010, 08:00 PM
I use the external close camera and I think a cockpit view would be awesome in WOHD.
I could use the internal view but I lose all my marks on the track when I do a barrel roll. I have to practice that.

LurifaxFlux
21st January 2010, 09:33 PM
I have a hard time knowing exactly where the edges of my ship are, to avoid touching walls or falling off bridges...
Internal view would be a great advantage for Zone, simply cause the camera is always pointing straight forward.

RedScar
21st January 2010, 09:39 PM
It is extremely fun to use, and in almost any other racing game this is the ONLY view I can accurately race with. WOHD I can't thx to BRs. It would be ok if they weren't so vital, but BRs can make or break your race, and I can't be vomiting every other race.

Great TT example from TCK, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38nEetT8Ue8
Just for comparison, the 3rd person TT, http://www.youtube.com/user/TarotCardKiller#p/u/3/KFUamK1Qs7A

gordo1974
22nd January 2010, 04:51 PM
Hiya.
Since 2097, I've always been nosecam. Wipeout is all about eye blistering speeds, the sheer thrill of trying to go so fast you break the processor!! You get this sensation far more intensely, I believe, through nosecam.
For me it also helps being as precise as possible on turns, really grazing the edges to hit the slick racing lines.
All that said, however, I find nosecam in HD has some serious disadvantages.
-BRs, as people have said, you've no idea where you are, until you land in row Z of the stand.
- The sides of the track are mush less forgiving than say, 2097, and I think external cam does help you stay away for the killer sides a little more.
Those two points aside, however, I stay with nosecam, and always will.

guillaume
22nd January 2010, 05:04 PM
Internal view FTW!

I never thought that it was easier to see what's in front of you when you're racing internal. I thought it was the opposite, when racing a loop for example. But it may well be true in all other places.

The video above is exactly what designers of the next WipEout (if any) should watch. Do something about barrel rolls, please, this is too much!! :)

I have to admit though that keeping a good line after a hard BR is quite rewarding.

Aeroracer
21st February 2010, 03:41 PM
I use internal view since day one...
it pretty easy if you get used to it even the barrels rolls.
If you dont use it much then i would suspect its a nightmare of dissorientation..especially on subenco or any big collisions..
When you use it all the time you can get used to what to do in these circumstances...

But then i used to play ridge racer the same so im used to it.pluss i drive in real life and thats cockpit view too.:nod

does it make you more likely to win....noooo
but it does make the game look ultra cool.

I always use HD ud with it and use the distance scanner to see who is where..

i can use far as well and use that on Zone sometimes...

I never use close its almost like cockpit without the thrill..

Autechom
22nd February 2010, 08:27 AM
Since ever I chose the internal view. The feeling of beeing part of the is more intense. I am to have the feeling I am actually the pilot. And well, it feels faster and more exciting. Though I tried to use the other view to beat zico. That BR on the ledge is a bit easier when you see the whole ship I think. But that is the only exception.

leungbok
22nd February 2010, 08:33 AM
That BR on the ledge is a bit easier when you see the whole ship I think. But that is the only exception.
Hmmm, there's other BRs harder than this one ! ;)

goddessloviatar
22nd February 2010, 01:07 PM
I've always used the internal view in any racing game that has it - I don't like the disconnected feeling I get from not knowing exactly which way the vehicle is pointing. Otherwise its seems like trying to drive a sportscar sitting on an office swivel chair instead of a bucket seat...

ACE-FLO
22nd February 2010, 02:02 PM
grrrrt stuff. lol, i like to switch in n out of views when i race. :g suits me fine lol

Whizawk
22nd February 2010, 07:58 PM
I know the internal view is more of a thrill, but when I'm racing at times I use the far view because when inside the internal view, weapons do put me off when fired. That doesn't mean I can't race with internal view though. :D

fragje
22nd February 2010, 08:20 PM
i just realized that detornator is a lot more fun when played in "internal view" :D
makes it so much easier to know where u're shooting, especially while taking turns

Aeroracer
22nd February 2010, 08:20 PM
@leungbok ...your right the Br onto the bridge isnt the hardest Br..i used to think it was cos i couldnt really do it.but now i use it ok in races and have discovered much much more difficult BR's i just cant do..

I think the one off the last ramp on vineeta reverse is super hard....

back on subject...the only thing i dont like about internal view is that there are no controls or cockpit graphics...i would love that it would have made game so much more real...:nod

Handmadelion
28th February 2010, 05:52 AM
I was watching Xtriko's drunken airbreaker earlier tonight since I had linked it to my friend, who was in the market for just what the Airbreaker trophy was all about. I told him, obviously he hadn't heard the Legend of Drunken Airbreaker. Relevant because in it Xtriko went on to say while wearing his epic sombrero, how anybody could race from the close camera, as opposed to the internal, and I have to agree with him. Not only racing is it beautiful, but don't rob yourself of the beauty of the zone experience by playing from the close or far camera positions. Especially if you're playing on an HD television.

wich
28th February 2010, 10:50 AM
I always use bumper cam in any racer I play. The BRs can indeed be a bit tricky, but you do get used to it, just requires a bit more practice. In exchange you get a much better view of the track ahead. Though you do at times miss the picture behind you, but then again I prefer pure races to weapons races, in which case it's less of a problem.

xtriko
28th February 2010, 02:34 PM
The trick is... use a sombrero lol
Like I always say... WipEout is just like Sex. External is fun, but... Internal is the Real Deal ;)

wich
28th February 2010, 02:47 PM
lol, that has got to be the best wipeout comparison ever...

UB3R~JKP
28th February 2010, 09:53 PM
I cannot stand the internal view to be honest, makes me even worse than normal xD :P

afuroKy
15th May 2010, 11:47 AM
I'm with you on this one. Internal view feels faster, more intense and personally I find it easier to line up for cornering.
There's not enough internal view pilots in my opinion - so keep at it :rock

I dig this topic up just to say that I totally agree with that.
I've given internal view a try and I'll stick to it. Im not used to it yet but I'm really enjoying the game even more and I can see that I already have much better lines in corners.

OneAVGNFan
16th May 2010, 05:48 AM
Internal view is wierd to me after you perform a barrel roll.

Vilael
16th May 2010, 06:58 PM
I've always played internal view, but I'm trying to switch to get used to the external view.

I was hoping it would help me with the beat Zico trophy (Damn you Zico!) but I'm starting to wonder how wise that decision is.

Used to play internal with d-pad, and now I'm trying external with analog stick. (haven't played wipeout in a long time, and now, from other games I'm used to the analog stick and find piloting much smoother with it, with the exception of barrel rolls which I just can't yet consistently land onto the narrow pass.

I've also changed my button config just last night, so at the moment I'm piloting like a drunken monkey. (not that I was ever very good).

So I guess I'd have to say I prefer internal view, but I'm trying to adapt to external view, at least long enough to see if I can beat Zico.

brummpahh
16th May 2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Vilael,

when i began playing WO, some guy said internal
view gives you some advantage concerning cornering.
That's true so far.
What he did not mention was, that you will never
become a good time-trialer or online-gamer without
excessive barrel-rolling. This is exactly the point why
i switched (man this was superhard !!!) to external
view after 8 months of WO. One week later i had some besttimes, i formerly could only dream of.
BR's are so much easier to handle with external view.

xtriko
16th May 2010, 08:21 PM
Hey Vilael... Don't think that Beating Zico with a view that is not your nature view will help you. And... What about "piloting like a drunken monkey"? xD I do it all the time ahaha
Here's my "Legend of Drunken Zico" and I play internal ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AP5feyrK04
and just for fun, here's my "The Beat of Iron Zico Tournament"... You'll see what that is ahahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtNDgw0PLls

Always Internal ;)

Vilael
16th May 2010, 08:45 PM
LOL, aye.. I've seen and been amazed by both of those videos before!

It's more likely my skill level than the camera (shhhh) but.., but I thought I'd try something new.

I just have a rough time landing the pass barrel roll, no matter how I do it. I'll keep practicing and see if I can get used to the external view.

If not I guess I'll go back to internal, but I can see where external view may make it easier to land the barrel rolls in the long run.

Wish had had the reflexes I had when I was 19 again. :redface:

Also changed my accelerator button for playing online (so I can launch weapons without taking my finger off the accelerator) and moved my airbrakes from L2/R2 to L1/R1. Just trying to reprogram myself and break old habits is the hardest part.

There should be a trophy for that!

Dan Locke
17th May 2010, 03:30 AM
The trick is... use a sombrero lol
Like I always say... WipEout is just like Sex. External is fun, but... Internal is the Real Deal ;)
I'm a bit late, but... external sex?

ZixXer
17th May 2010, 05:26 PM
I always played the old wipeouts with external, later on when i graped my old ps1 with wipeout i used internal to beat my mates, from that point i felt like internal gave me a better speed rush! I wanted more, i bought a PS3 with wipeout HD and now I always play with internal, played the first few weeks external but the game just felt so mutch better internal!! zone 80+ speeds are just crazy internal it is a must for all players!!

metronum
4th January 2011, 11:20 AM
I started playing WO around 96, was 16 y-o by then, still though I ever played that game with external view. It is just awful, it makes the all experience just wasted....just beurrkkk.

I actually crossing my finger that the next WO will have a cockpit view from inside the ship, so the HUD would be projected onto the ship window...if you dont see my point look at the 2097 intro, and pause it, u'll see my point....

Kappeskopp!
4th January 2011, 06:00 PM
I started with external view in Pure and later in Pulse.After meeting" Master Asa"on Wipeout Convention in Frankfurt who told me internal view would be only real Wipeoutfeeling, i switched to internal and he is right!:dizzy

yeldar2097
4th January 2011, 06:39 PM

Drunken master knows ^_^

DjM1zw1z
4th January 2011, 06:53 PM
I find it hard to do the internal TRIPLE br on ubermall. Dizzy :S

stin
4th January 2011, 07:57 PM
Yelder!, yes you is right after I had been stoned and I decided to play internal and it did blown me away!:bat

stevie:)

Medusa
4th January 2011, 08:45 PM
Oh wow a long thread I haven't posted in yet...I'd better get to it!
I've always played in internal view, to get that more realistic feeling :) just like all my fellow internal view compatriots have already said. When I switch to external it feels really odd, and looks like I'm piloting a remote control car or something...the only time I've really enjoyed external view at all is in W3O SE, since the contrails are just soooooo yummy looking. :)
So now I see for sure, who are my true WipEout siblings, ye all play internal view. Let us take over the world...
Really though, it becomes extremely difficult sometimes to know where the ship is while playing internal view. In particular, many tricks in Pure I just couldn't pull off since unaware off how my ship was oriented. (Though that changed once I realized the nose had been stuck in the air for ages LOL) And in HD, I have had a few extremely strange (to me) experiences of getting stuck in Sol 2 wing panels after having no clue of where the ship was...

CPROSICK
17th January 2011, 07:37 AM
yeah, i LOVE the internal view since HD (
I've played Wipeouts since Psygnosis)

The sad part is you don't get to see the beauty of the ship in nosecam.

I ultimately wonder if the view slows or speeds up your lap times!??

Can't wait to race some of you sometime!.... (cprosick) CAN

icarasDragon
21st January 2011, 04:41 AM
I've always found that Internal view and closest view gave me better times, seeing as the turning is more precisely seen
also, it's easier to aim plasmas :clap

texasalex
8th February 2011, 12:18 PM
just played a few hours internal on a 50" plasma in 3D

the quad BRs gave me the rest.. :blarg

its not so easy after playing external for years, just switch to internal an throw another record...

by the way: how many YouTube Records have you seen from internal view? 8)

Tomahawk
8th February 2011, 01:01 PM
I've always played using internal view since my first few laps done with the first WipEout. External view simply won't get me that pure and fantastic high speed feeling which I am experiencing using internal view.

After more than a decade of internal view I found that I simply cannot switch back to external. I've tried to switch views with the introduction of BR in Pure and after some insane and mind blowing stunts in Freeplay mode on Vohl Square but external view simply doesn't work for me anymore. It's always me screwing up badly because I'm not able to determine the right points for turning and thus I either end up crashing into walls a lot or correcting my lines with some heavy airbraking when I use external view. It seems this is a bit like marriage for me - there's no turning back once you've made up your mind. ;) And even if I get a headache after a phantom ride at Vohl Square or after a triple BR at Khara Descent this still feels better than a lot of wall crashing or loosing speed due to too much airbreaking.

Medusa
8th February 2011, 01:52 PM
External view simply won't get me that pure and fantastic high speed feeling which I am experiencing using internal view.
So true.

by the way: how many YouTube Records have you seen from internal view?
I'm going to say there will be very few world records ever set in internal view in any wipeout (P.S. Unless you're asa! ;) ), because it's way harder to tell how close you are to the edge of the track in internal view. More of the cons of using internal view are: it's very hard to tell how much in the air your ship is (for the newer games, limits BR attempts),
it's very hard to see (when you're using Leech Beam, going through explosions, firing plasmas...etc.),
it's impossible to know who is around you or behind you (without looking back).

But, this is all outweighed by the feeling of being in the cockpit. 8) Just like you said Tomahawk. It's fun all the way!

MegaGeeza22
8th February 2011, 03:19 PM
I use "internal view" in car racing games as it is actually "internal" and you can see the dashboard and all the internal instruments i.e- change gear and turn the steering wheel.
But internal view on wipeout isn't internal... its just an external camera stuck on the very front of the ship. It would be good to have real internal view so you can see your ships internal gizmos and see the pilot play with his joystick :lol and also you would see the ship surround you and reach out several meters in front! I hope this will be implemented in a future release!!

Lion
10th February 2011, 09:56 AM
didn't wipeout3 have that?

I use bumpercam in wipeoutHD, but I use a chasecam in the PSP and original playstation wipeouts.
in order to play HD in bumpercam I have to sit very close to the TV, however.. I don't really know what's going on in my head here...
you soon grow accustomed to the ship edges relative to track edge. you find your line, and the feel you gain for the width of your ship is much like knowing where the far side of your car is when driving.

In car games I tend to use the camera so it shows the bonnet (hood for you americans) but I don't want to see the dash. I especially don't want to see the steering wheel.
It always seemed silly to me seeing a steering wheel on screen if I am playing with a wheel in my hands

Sausehuhn
10th February 2011, 11:57 AM
didn't wipeout3 have that?

Yes and no. Actually it was just a bitmap layer above the bumber cam. Because you would actually see the hood or engines (imagine how Goteki45 would look like from the cockpit).

I use bumpercam in wipeoutHD, but I use a chasecam in the PSP and original playstation wipeouts.

Haha, same here for a long time. I’m trying to switch to internal now, though. It simply offers the best feeling of pure speed. But especially with the original WipEouts it’s a lot harder because of the extreme drifting of the crafts.

In car games I tend to use the camera so it shows the bonnet (hood for you americans)

WipEout Fusion had that! :)

Autechom
13th February 2011, 03:29 PM
Hm..*Don´t know how I did this, but sorry. Please delete. Thanks.*

Autechom
13th February 2011, 03:38 PM
It's fun all the way!

Absolutely. But I compare the opportunity costs of the rush-feeling with better times you seem to be capable to get using external. But still, I prefer the "I am actaully riding that damn vehicle"-feeling. I would take effort to really get used to the external. It just feels wrong somehow...

Nutcase:259
7th April 2011, 06:44 PM
Ive recently started redoing the HD campaign and decided i would use internal view.

ive gotten more used to it now, its great! the sense of speed is so much better and it just feels as if you have more control :+ kind of gotten used to the Barrel rolling, just trying to get the short cuts to work whilst the screen spins ;)

internal convert maybe?:g

Colonel
18th April 2011, 02:20 PM
I've been doing both campaign modes the last couple of days with my girlfriend's little brother. As it was on novice AI I decided I'd make it more interesting by using Internal view, and I have to say, it's ace! Even little things like absorbing and shielding are more involved, and BRs are cool as fk. I particularly like Zone, Detonator and Eliminator for it, leech beems have never looked as good as when you're weaving from side to side and looking though the beam. :)

One downside however is that you don't seem to get the same feel of the handling characteristics for each ship, and I can't imagine doing any decent TTs or SLs with it.

greenymac
18th April 2011, 02:40 PM
I accidently flipped the view before a race online yesterday and had to race with it on modesto reverse... It wasn't SO bad for the first time, but I did a barrel roll and my eyes took a crap on my brain.lol. Then, I actually tried the far view and to my surprise it felt natural. Still I switched back to the close view because I wanted to use the view I was familiar with online. I think i may give that far view a try again though. The advantage of having better vision of the area behind your ship were apparent even though I only tried it for one race.

Colonel
18th April 2011, 05:33 PM
At first internal made me feel a bit sick, particularly on Zone, but I managed to get to Subsonic on Moa Therma. It certainly adds another dimension to the game, I'm going to use internal much more from now on,

xtriko
18th April 2011, 07:07 PM
Like I said a few years ago...

WipEout is like sex. External is "fun", but... Internal is the real deal ;) lol

Ace3cube
18th April 2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah internal view is more impressive than ext.
I use int on zone/battle zone. But for race external is better for BR (for me ;) )

Temet
30th April 2011, 10:52 AM
Funny thing : I'm currently in the train and I was playing Pure. I thought : let's try internal view. Easy track : Porto Kora. First lap is a disaster and I actually made an impressive comeback and won. Surprise : I did beat my lap record on lap 5! :)

xtriko
30th April 2011, 09:03 PM
Congrats Temet :) I understand that internal is not so easy to control on BR's and SPECIALLY when you play online and get rammed. I lost many races cuz of situations like that. what can also happen is, you ramming ppl without even knowing. the final result may not be (usualy) as good as the "external" pilots, but, in my honest opinion, way more fun to come if you go internal. this might sound a little "xxx" but... I always go internal xD

X

icarasDragon
5th May 2011, 07:01 AM
I'm switching back and forth, I'm trying internal in HD and sticking with it in PulsE (It's hard to see the next corner in external on a small screen :|)
I always though it was a lot more fun though because it's the true WipEout experience. I always wondered why the devs set Internal view when you first play the game, but that's because that's the WipEout experience in it's most pure form 8) .

runingman111
10th May 2011, 08:07 PM
Funny thing with barrelrolls – but for me that’s to nervous tunnel :dizzy:dizzy trough - I can’t find the right handling at it – need quit a lot of races and when i change back aarrgg - too much shrink shrank LOL