PDA

View Full Version : "What can man do against such reckless hate?"

Piranha Advancements
19th December 2002, 05:05 PM
"Ride out to meet it.." was Aragorn's reply.And thou lord,Peter Jackson, has doneth Tolkien proud.

The Two Towers is magnificent.The OST is astounding.From epic battles( especially Helm's Deep of course) to the seamless intercuttings of the characters,the music but the most extraordinary award...hell give the Oscar to Gollum.Screw Jar Jar.Feed Aki Ross to the Phantoms.He's not a comic character but a ground-breaking emotional story.This movie is almost as emotionally exhaustive as Requiem For A Dream by the time it finishes,well all..179 minutes of it from what I've read.

That's it.I've almost completed my December.All I need left to do is watch The Cat Returns(the new Studio Ghibli film),partying with Dave Seaman and Hed Kandi and await the return of the king.Go see it.Like you need prompting already.

Synthetic Consciousness
20th December 2002, 07:55 AM
Just saw it tonight, and I agree with you...it was even better than the first part. The battle at Helm's Deep was awesome. :D ...Now we gotta wait a whole year for The Return of the King! :P

...Is it just me, or did Gollum bear a bit more than a passing resemblance to Richard James (Aphex Twin)? :lol:

Aiya, Peter Jackson! Arán TÃ*ranárolissaiva! (Hail, Peter Jackson! King of Directors!) 8)

Wamdue
20th December 2002, 11:51 AM
didnt like the triple-X move Legolas did on the stairs in Helms deep.

Piranha Advancements
20th December 2002, 04:17 PM
Richard James? I thought him more of like Steve Buscemi.

Hey,the audience was clapping over here when he did that slide move and that slide under the ho--..hmm maybe I might have spoiled too much.Corny but *shrugs* cool.And I found that Orc berserker with the suicide run akin to lighting the the Olympic torch.

If Helm's Deep was this awesome,I can't wait to see the climatic Minas Tirith battle.

Vasudeva
20th December 2002, 05:44 PM
@ P. Advancements

I had exactly the same thought on that suicidal Orc. Hehe.

@ everyone

I liked "The Fellowship of the Ring" better. Yes, "The Two Towers" is a good movie, but I think the main problem is simply the book. Of all three books the second one is the most tedious and repititve, and it also shows in the movie, despite Jackson trying his best to shorten some parts and to switch dynamically between the protagonists.

All in all, the structure of the movie oddly reminds me of the earlier Star Wars movies.

Gollem is superb. The best scene probably was the one where Frodo sinks into that eerie swamp and Gollem saves his life (SPOILER... oh blast, I'm too late :D). Oh and Théoden was pure Shakespeare!

Peace,
V.

PS: My 200th posting! This calls for celebration! ;)

Lance
20th December 2002, 07:59 PM
yaaaaay!! [twirls party noisemaker and offers choice of drinks.] champagne, maybe? Dom Perignon '59 neither shaken nor stirred?]

auslander
20th December 2002, 08:04 PM
I was celebrating for you at the company lunch, i had Syrah wine and Port '76 :D

aus!

xEik
20th December 2002, 11:07 PM
I'll have Cacique 500 with Cocacola please ;)

Fear the Venezuela rum. :P

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Vasudeva
21st December 2002, 10:53 AM
I'm lucky not to have to buy you all a drink then ;). Ah, the joys of online forums...

Peace!
V.