PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?! Help!! - PSN registration issues

WolfKill01
24th December 2009, 04:42 PM
I'm trying to register on playstation network so i can join in on pulse online and get downloads and all that other good stuff but I've hit a wall :brickwall
Everytime I try to register myself it says I'm not eligible to setup a master account. So I enter my parents information and it says they're not elgible either! Will someone help me before i throw my psp through my computer monitor!! :bomb:bomb:bomb

q_dmc12
24th December 2009, 06:29 PM
<|_|570|\/| F!r|\/|\/\/4r3?

:turd

ACE-FLO
24th December 2009, 10:35 PM
Hey bud. Are you using your PSN account from your PS3 and more importantly - has anyone else owned the PSP before you?

WolfKill01
24th December 2009, 11:02 PM
I don't have any kind of prior account with sony. I tried making an account from the playstation website. And yes, I do have a preowned PSP.

Vartazian
24th December 2009, 11:10 PM
This happened to me too. PSP original. No previous owner. Ineligible to Setup MAster account.

blackwiggle
25th December 2009, 11:32 PM
I don't play my PSP online,but I did notice while adjusting something else that the settings on the PS3 have changed recently regarding AD-Hoc PSP mode.

I don't know what exactly has changed,I'd ask at a official PS forum in the technical difficulties section if I were you.

DeepMix
26th December 2009, 01:50 AM
maybe the owner left his account registeres on your psp, delete it and then try to delete it, if not i dont know if you have less than 18 years old, try to set an older age

i had a psp and i didnt had any problem with it, i used my ps3 account with my psp too

abukii
28th December 2009, 04:47 PM
Ok, I'll try to get you through this. First, you are probably going to have to update what ever firmware you're using. Second, go onto us.playstation.com and register there. Once you register, syncronize your account on the playstation site (basically make it so you can post, etc). When you're all registered with Sony, go onto the PSP and plug in your email/ password exactly as you did on the website. Once you do that, go into Account Management>System Activation> Deactivate...then do it again, only the second time, Activate both Game and Video. That should essentially restore your PSP. If you have a PS3, just plug it into it and fiddle around that way. Last ditch effort, you call call Sony corporate and have them literally activae/ deactivate your account remotely. Let me know how you do.
*edit* Also register the PSP on the site. If you are unable to, thats where you'd want to call the Corporate office. Just make sure you/ your parents/ wife/ family/etc have the receipt. If not, (cont.)

...call wherever you got the PSP from and have them fax over a copy of the receipt (just to verify it's not stolen), and they'll sort you out. Gamestop is pretty handy (believe it or not) when it comes to missing or lost proof of purchase. If it was a private sale, see about speaking with the previous owner(s). If that's the case, you'd simply have to log in with their name/ password and deactivate the system then simply re-register. I really hope this helps and more importantly, I hope it works for you. Be adimant (sp?), Sony customer support and service is on your side!
Sorry about the dual posts, the PS3 browser has a character cap.

WolfKill01
28th December 2009, 11:36 PM
Ok. Thanks for the help abukii, but I got it straightened out on my own. Once I got through setting up my router, I was able to register via PSP. So my account is currently synced with it and everything is just dandy. Really, thank you for trying to help. ;)

abukii
29th December 2009, 12:40 AM
Cool. Im glad you got it sorted out.