PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia bomb- 10 10 Here we go again, 9 9 Dont fall behind, 8 8 Say dont be late, 7 7 Destinati...

AG-wolf
21st December 2009, 07:35 PM
How many of you European gamers clicked on this because those words triggered something in your gaming memory? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaQqkypEbuY

10 10 here we go again
9 9 don't fall behind
8 8 say, don't be late
7 7 destination heaven
6 5 so, stay alive
4 3 now it's you and me
2 1 we're gonna have fun say, blast off! hey!
Excalibur - it's not that far
What do you make? hey! give and take!
Goin' home - time zone - check out Egg, he's never alone
Leather'n lace - getting in place
What to you get? say, fast jet!
Doom room - cosmic zoom - heads up jake
It's sonic boom

Toot toot sonic warrior - toot toot sonic warrior
Your hour is near at hand
You've got the power to save the land

Take a little chance - slip on through,
You gotta survive no matter what you do!

Toot toot sonic warrior - toot toot sonic warrior
The power is in your mind
To shake the planets and conquer time

Toot toot sonic warrior
Deep in space and time
Toot toot sonic warrior
Forever in your mind
Nothing can survive, the will to stay alive
Cause if you try, you can do anything
Toot toot sonic warrior
Always takes a chance
Toot toot sonic warrior
Never says he can't
Nothing can survive, the will to stay alive
Cause if you try, you can do anything

Personally I still like the North American theme better.
Full Length opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI5eTsaW3uc
Full Length theme/closing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vgZ7iZssQ (I absolutely melt every time I hear the electric guitar fade and the acoustic remain after 3:00 ;__; )

I hate to say it but I am an unfathomably large Sonic the Hedgehog fan. I'm not talking about the crappy stuff from the Dreamcast to current day. Sonic 1 on Genesis/MD up to the last decent entry; either Sonic 3D Blast (Flickies' Island) or Sonic Pocket Adventure, and everything inbetween. I've got all the games, I could play them endlessly til the end of time, and they still trump even Wipeout in my gaming preference. The post-1998 games are an insult to what the series once was.

I'll admit Mario and the NES started me out like most people around my age here in the States, but the second I laid my hands on a Genesis controller with Sonic, it started a gaming obsession I could never have imagined. It was Sega through the first half of the 90s which solidified my interest in gaming, and despite the company being a hollow shell of what it once was, there's something about the "idea" of what SEGA embodies that just defines videogames in general for me.

There are a fair number of other people on this board who are my age or older, do you still reminisce about games from previous generations? I know the majority of members here are also from Europe... over the years I've grown to love Nintendo a lot... but how many of you secretly still hold a grudge and say the Genesis/MD is better than the SNES whenever someone mentions it? ;)

mdhay
21st December 2009, 08:26 PM
How many of you European gamers clicked on this because those words triggered something in your gaming memory? :P

Erm, I only clocked on the thread because I didn't have a clue what it was on about. :g

I've never owned a NES, but I love the Megadrive/ Genesis Sonic games. Luckily, we still have ours, (:O) so if I don't feel up to playing them on PSP, I can hook that baby up and play some Earthworm Jim afterward. :D

Lance
21st December 2009, 08:42 PM
uhhh.... I'm not a European.

I clicked on this thread coz I'm a mod and I have to. aaaand I wondered what it was about. :D

BulletWraith
21st December 2009, 08:54 PM
I started with a Sega Master System, never got a Sonic game for it, but played a heap of my mates Sonic games
I never did get a Super NES, but will always prefer it over the Mega Drive
SNES had Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong:rock
Uh'u'uu'Ultra Combo!

AG-wolf
21st December 2009, 09:44 PM
Maybe I overestimate the popularity/familiarity or market penetration of Sonic CD ;) The European and Japanese releases of the game shared the same soundtrack, and for some people that one song is as iconic as Koji Kondo's Mario music or CoLD SToRAGE and Wipeout :P

mhday; definitely get bonus points for EWJ. Try and get your hands on the Sega CD version sometime- remastered music, extended levels, and one or two new levels too if I remember correctly. I actually got the game booklet signed by the guy who did the music

mdhay
21st December 2009, 09:51 PM
I don't have a Sega CD system. Probably won't be able to get one, either.