PDA

View Full Version : NeGcon!!

Mano
14th December 2002, 07:41 PM
Ok it seems im on a roll here, first i got Wip3out SE, and now i won an auction on a supposedly mint condition NeGcon, i say supposedly cos i will see when it arrives; anyways according to shipping tracking in usps its already sent and should be arriving its destination in U.S.A in a couple of days, then a familiar will be bringing it here (Peru) around the 20th this month (visiting for holidays).

Havent had much chances to play SE since im in my university finals here, and i have been VERY irresponsible with my classes this year so its gonna be HARD, lol they gave like 3 months to build a model for a class, and im gonna have to do it in A DAY!!!!!, wish me luck, tho its a small conceptual model and i already have the idea worked out and building it is the part that takes the least time, so far i have like 50% of it,so i thought i should relax for a couple of minutes and i decided to post here and drink some whisky. maybe i will take a quick pic of it when i finish it later today and post it somewhere. The reason i need to finish it today is that i need to build ANOTHER one for monday so i have already distributed my time, i hope everything goes according to plan as im walking in a tightrope right now. to top it off i just recently (last week) sprained my ankle and had to take my dog for surgery, she came out great yay!, but its a bit rough trying to handle her with me jumping on one foot :P

Hell all this ends on monday!!!, whatever the outcome its 3 months vacations (summer here!!!), cya!

*Mano puts back the diving suit and jumps back into the ocean*

infoxicated
15th December 2002, 06:04 PM
Good luck juggling all of those balls! :)

Lance
15th December 2002, 06:58 PM
oh, man, suMMer!! i remember that. it was gooooood. my bony little body is cOld, and hoping ''sunny'' florida [currently under solid overcast] warms up to something livable and stays that way. all you people who live in colder places can laugh in disbelief if you want to, but when you're conditioned to the higher average temperatures here, if feels just as cold in the 40's here as it does to somebody used to michigan if their temp is in the 10's or 0's. that's mY opinion anyway. those guys probably suffer in the heat, though, when i love it.

i'm glad your dog is okay

xEik
15th December 2002, 09:42 PM
I've always thought that from April to September I should live in the northern hemisphere (Barcelona for example) and from October to March I should live in the southern hemisphere (why not Buenos Aires). Then I'd live all the year in Spring-Summer.

That would rock.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Mano
15th December 2002, 10:08 PM
Thanks Rob and Lance!:

I am going to buy a lottery ticket, like i said im on a good luck roll............i have just been given two more days for my presentation !!!!!! Working already on the second model, finished the first one but i figured it would save me some time if i painted both in the end so the first one isnt varnished (used wood and cardboard), maybe i will take the pics when i finish both. the first one is of a temporary object that is in a resting area in the city and has small performances platform (mimics, clowns, etc. you know assorted street performers) a cofee and on the second level it has pc rental and net service, it was a simple and conceptual exercise, tho its a requisite that it needs to be able to be built (structure and material selection wise), weird for them to call that a conceptual excercise, i guess the architect meant that there was freedom on resolving it; the second one is a cultural center and its more complicated but its on a smaller scale so its gonna finish up almost the same size as the first one (scales are 1/50 for the temporary object and 1/100 for the small cultural center).

Hey Lance i have been in Florida, the weather is very similar to the one we have in Lima, its warm all year (well its a bit cold in winter but not much) and all this is because of the humidity like there too, which also makes nights warm because the heat is kept by it, makes me think how in heavens i adapted when i was an exchange student in Alaska, man that place is COLD!, but i did like one thing about that weather and its that its DRY (liked the snow too) , i dont like humidity too much, but i got used to it. Lance if you like hot weather all year long maybe you should visit a more equatorial zone, or the rain forests over here its not warm all year.... its VERY HOT all year!! but very humid too, despite the humidity i love the rain forests, everytime i go there is like it charges me with energy; and the sights, flora and fauna over there are AMAZING!

ok back to work.

*mano is now just swimming in the ocean without the need of diving gear*

Mano
19th December 2002, 12:17 AM
AHA!, made it!!!!!

finished all my work at last!, so its vacations for me!!! :D damn web cam is out of comission right now (irq conflicting with my NIC) quick fix but will do other day, however i took pictures of the models on my other camera dunno when im gonna develop the film tho.

So the beach awaits me, and this saturday a friend of mine is throwing a party, i guess this vacations are starting with the right foot :D

Also will start playing Wip3out SE and my negcon is soon to arrive so you will see me here posting more often and probably doing more sketches like the ones i shown before.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh since its night already i will just savor some whisky to rest myself, heh got a Something Special, Ballantines, and a Black Label all just by saying i like whisky (i love gifts) so thats the reason ive been having my whisky "relax times" lately hehehe.

Lance
19th December 2002, 12:43 AM
i am extremely envious :)

Mano
20th December 2002, 03:37 AM
What the hell?!?!?!?!?! i just talked to a friend of mine who lives in japan by messenger and she is coming february to enjoy a bit of summer, she asked me what was i doing and i told her i was checking out some video game reviews on the net, she told me she didnt knew i liked video games, i was like ????????? evryone that knows me knows i love them, she said what was the last machine i bought and i told her a ps1, i actually had a PS2 but had to sell it, and i had it so litlle time i didnt count that one. She told me she has a PS2 but she doesnt like it (OH WOMEN!!............j/k).......
Next thing i know i am a PS2 owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! what the hell is going on with the universe?!?!!?, i know i was kidding when i said i was going to buy a lottery ticket, but tomorrow morning thats the FIRST thing i will do!! i swear!
Now i am really on a roll!!!

**edit : HOLY ****!!!!! Gran Turismo 3 with a negcon!!!! i didnt think about this in the excitement!!!

JABBERJAW
22nd December 2002, 02:47 AM
I'm quite sure gt3 doesn't work with a negcon. Sony(in all theyr'e stupidity) wanted people to buy that steering wheel specially made for the game for 100 $.

Mano
31st December 2002, 10:29 PM
thanks for the news, yeah i can confirm that since my cousin has a ps2 and we tried gt3 with the negcon..like you said it didnt work.

I wanted to try wipeout but he doesnt want me to use ps1 cds on his ps2 coz he says something about the modchip installed on his ps2 will screw it up if i do.. :-? ????...
Oh well i know it doesnt make sense but its HIS ps2 so its not a choice then, i will just wait till february when my ps2 arrives :) (coz i dont have my ps1 anymore, and the emu i use , epsxe, doesnt support the negcon)

Btw i have used the negcon on other games like NFS:HP2 and works great :) also on some pc games via my parallel port adapter and is great too, i just wish epsxe supported it.. which leads me to this question: are there any other GOOD psx emus out there compatible with wipeout that support negcons?