PDA

View Full Version : Where is the replay?

Jabali_blanco
16th February 2002, 09:18 AM
is there replay mode in this game?????
Please!!!
Oh my god, what liverpool studio did with our wipeout series?????

UncleZeiv
16th February 2002, 10:29 AM
Wait a minute, I thought that wip3out was the only title in the series which had a replay mode...

Not so bad anyway... :wink:

Lance
16th February 2002, 10:26 PM
i think you're right uncle zeiv; none of the liverpool implementations of the game seem to have replay. i think just about all racing games should have replay even if it's just to get to get a leisurely view of all the scenery and racecraft without it being obscured by onscreen text. [plus it also shows me how many mistakes i rEally made.]

infoxicated
17th February 2002, 12:56 AM
Gee, I didn't think you made that many! :wink:

Lance
17th February 2002, 07:22 AM
you must not have seen those very few phantom times i've posted. you just don't get that slow without a lot of banging into those hard hard WO3 walls. :smile: and i seem to recall that one or 2 of those were done with a Feisar! it's not like i used a reluctant-to-turn qirex or icaras.

even on vector, getting a perfect race just ain't that easy!

infoxicated
17th February 2002, 12:54 PM
I hardly ever get perfect laps, never mind perfect races, so you're not alone there :smile:

AmishRobot
17th February 2002, 04:51 PM
It's nice to know some of the other pros meet the walls often. I was under the impression that a lot of you had the words "perfect lap" burned into the lower corner of your screen. :smile: Makes me feel better about my (lack of) technique.

Has anyone noticed that if you highlight a smiley with your mouse, it squints it's eyes and looks really mean? And the winking one looks like it's sleeping... Maybe it's just my browser. Hmmm.

infoxicated
17th February 2002, 06:48 PM
Maybe it's just having too much time on your hands! :wink:

Hyper Shadow
17th February 2002, 09:16 PM
I can only get perfect laps on the easier circuits, and I've never had a perfect race.
I think its cos I throw my ship at corners in an agressive manner rather than try to glide it round.

Has anyone noticed on fusion that unlike previous WipEouts you can get a perfect lap when you've hit an enemy craft???

Lance
18th February 2002, 01:37 AM
my browser won't highlight the smilies.

Hyper Shadow: sometimes i can glide through, but more often my control movements get behind where the ship is in the corner and i try desperately to get the ship through on a clean line while pressing my hands together in a prayerful attitude. hm... maybe i shouldn't let go of the controller.

'What is the sound of no hands praying?'

Hyper Shadow
18th February 2002, 09:58 AM
'What is the sound of no hands praying?'

*Shadow sits in the lotus position* Ommmmmmmmm

Zebula77
18th February 2002, 10:33 AM
I once had three consecutive perfect laps on Terminal Phantom with the Icaras. However, I must have been in some kind of 'mental zone', 'cause I sure haven't gotten close to doing this ever since. Real fluke, I guess.

Lance
18th February 2002, 01:09 PM
jeez! i can't get even one perfect lap on Terminal with a Phantom Pirhana! do you happen to remember what your time was, or did you crash in one of the non-trance laps? :smile:
i find that i often have a record race going, but come out of the 'zone' in the last lap and a half.

Zebula77
18th February 2002, 01:55 PM
I'll register my time in the records-section tomorrow. However, I think the other two laps in that race were not that good. I don't think I can compete with the best. We'll see.

Jabali_blanco
18th February 2002, 04:37 PM
What is a perfect lap?

infoxicated
18th February 2002, 04:55 PM
A lap where you don't touch the sides of the track.

Very rare for me, but our long standing lead pilot, Al Sartwell, gets perfect races all the time apparently.

Zebula77
19th February 2002, 09:39 AM
Lance, my race time was 2:27:76. It's apparently the 4th best time on this site. The best lap was 0:26:88 which is second best.
I really wanna go back and get better times, but my Wipeout 3 skills are garbage now that Fusion is here.