PDA

View Full Version : SL/TT Challenge Criteria Choice Thread

Lance
14th December 2009, 07:35 PM
From Dark_Phantom_89, who requested that the thread title be changed to apply to new challenges beyond the original shown below the dashed line.:

This thread is for choosing what criteria you'd like to see used for the Speed Lap/Time Trial Challenge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To celebrate Christmas and the New Year, I'm letting you guys choose the criteria for the next two weeks with regards to the Speed Lap and Time Trial Challenge. I have created a multiple choice poll, as I'd like you to vote twice (i.e. your choice for the Christmas and New Year weeks.)

Also, please state whether you'd like the Forward or Reverse tracks - if there are more votes for a track but not stating whether it's forward or reverse, I will assume that it's forward. I'll take a quick vote count next week and will do the same for the week after.

On a side note, thank you to all who have kept these challenges alive for the past 14 weeks (yes, 14!) Personally I love doing these and hope that you guys feel the same

So, without further ado, please vote for the criteria that you'd like to attempt for the challenges.

Christmas challenge:

Speed class:_

Track [please indicate fwd or rvs]:_

Ship:_

New Years's challenge:

Speed class:_

Track [please indicate fwd or rvs]:_

Ship:_

Dark_Phantom_89
14th December 2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry Lance, I didn't mean to become a serial thread starter. Please accept my apologies.

KGB
14th December 2009, 07:41 PM
Are we sorted now :P.

Speed class: Phantom

Track: Moa Therma - reverse

Ship: Icaras

Lance
14th December 2009, 07:45 PM
No problem, DP.
And I've made the change you suggested.

If you want both Christmas and New Year's challenges, should I add a second group and label each or would that complicate things too much>

Dark_Phantom_89
14th December 2009, 07:59 PM
A second group would be nice, but whatever you feel is best with regards to keeping the forum tidy, I'll go with Lance.

Rezatron
15th December 2009, 01:24 AM
Christmas challenge:

Track: Moa Therma (rev)

New Years's challenge:

Speed class: Rapier

Track: Modesto Heights (rev)

Ship: FEISAR

leungbok
15th December 2009, 06:52 AM
@ Dark_Phantom_89 - Cool to see how you manage to organize those sl/tt challenges. It's the kind of events that keeps the game alive like kanar's avalon and Connavar's website, when the official leaderboards are f****d.
Cool too to see guys like Kgb or Blackwiggle participating :)
Great work ! :+

ps : If it's phantom with icaras for the xmas challenge, i may participate :D

Dark_Phantom_89
15th December 2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks Leungbok, much appreciated :)

PSMuF
15th December 2009, 09:02 AM
Hurray for Speed Lap challenge! I've actually been trying them for a few weeks now, but I never bothered to post my times because they were so bad compared to all those that were posted, you guys are really good at this! Congrats!

For christmas, I suggest letting Piranha have a go, it wasn't ever used in any weekly challenge and needs love. It's all red and white and full of ho ho ho too (or is it chomp chomp chomp? bah, whatever.).

For the speed category, anything would do, but I would favor Phantom.
Track doesn't matter either, but how about doing it on snowy Sebenco? Seems like the most christmas-y track in the game!

Looking forward to what comes up! Until then, take care, drive safe!

Dark_Phantom_89
15th December 2009, 09:14 AM
Don't feel ashamed to post times PSMuF, the challenge is all about improving your Wipeout skills. I'm usually at the bottom of the leaderboard myself most weeks!

KGB
15th December 2009, 10:09 AM
If it's phantom with icaras for the xmas challenge, i may participate :D

Thought you might. :hyper :+

kanar
15th December 2009, 10:26 AM
Are we sorted now :P.

Track: Moa Therma - reverse

:rock +1, I would be glad to participate too (christmas)

amplificated
15th December 2009, 10:35 AM
I guess I wouldn't mind having a reason to start giving Phantom a shot over the holiday season, and I don't mind which track we use... as for ship, why not celebrate with the Icaras :P

Christmas challenge:

Track: Moa Therma (Reverse)

-------------------------------------
New Year's challenge:

Track: Ubermall (Reverse)

KGB
15th December 2009, 12:38 PM
What's going on here then!!! I thought I would be laughed out of town for my suggestion.

It will be great if Leungbok and Kanar join in too.

Lance
15th December 2009, 01:46 PM
Would you guys please make it easier for Dark_Phantom to count the votes by putting your answers in the basic format for both the Christmas and New Year's challenges?

brainbeat
19th December 2009, 04:20 PM
Christmas challenge:

Speed class: Phantomn

Track Tech de ra forward

Ship Icarus

New year,s challenge

Track anulpha pass reverse

Ship Icarus

leungbok
19th December 2009, 04:47 PM
For both challenges = icaras and phantom ;)
Christmas : sol 2 reverse
New year : modesto forward
:)

PSMuF
20th December 2009, 05:29 PM
Gosh, the huge popularity of Icaras is feeding my hatred of the ship again. I've got nothing really against it, except that it's so overused in speed lap. Seeing all those pages of Icaras in the records makes me despise it :(
Then again, it's a great reason to actually try and do better, so I'm also thankful for all the Icaras love going around!

... But Piranha bites your wings off, just you wait...

AG-wolf
21st December 2009, 01:19 PM
Christmas challenge:

Speed class: Rapier

Track: Modesto Reverse

Ship: Piranha

New year's challenge

Track Amphiseum Forward

Ship: Qirex

not feeling the icaras love at every step of the way like everyone else here :P

Dark_Phantom_89
21st December 2009, 09:55 PM
Ok, the Christmas votes have been counted - head on over to the Speed Lap Challenge thread to see the results (even though it's quite obvious ;))

Carry on voting for the criteria you'd like to use for the New Year Challenge.

KGB
22nd December 2009, 12:13 PM
New year's challenge

Track: anulpha pass reverse

Ship: Icarus

Dark_Phantom_89
8th February 2010, 06:14 PM
Cast your votes for the challenge you'd like to see for next week guys :) Voting closes on the 15th of this month.

KGB
11th February 2010, 08:19 AM
what about

Speed class: Any

Track: Metropia reverse (have we done it?)

Ship: Piranha

amplificated
11th February 2010, 04:57 PM
I reckon do Zico :P

It's a speed lap challenge, need to do it one way or another; despite everyone obviously already having a decent crack at it :P

I wouldn't mind an excuse to break 29 seconds... :brickwall

phaeton_pl
11th February 2010, 08:49 PM
Track: Anulpha Pass Forward
Class: Rapier
Ship: Goteki 45

or

Track: Metropia Reverse
Class: Rapier
Ship: Goteki 45

leungbok
11th February 2010, 09:51 PM
modesto height reverse, phantom, qirex

Dark_Phantom_89
15th February 2010, 06:23 PM
Voting is now closed. The criteria used will be:

Metropia (Reverse) - Voted by KGB and phaeton

Rapier - Voted by KGB and phaeton

Piranha - Voted by KGB and amplificated

Majority decisions win, however I will keep in mind the other votes and may well use those criteria in the future. Thanks for voting.