PDA

View Full Version : Spiral in sky over Norway -very strange.

blackwiggle
9th December 2009, 10:55 PM
Have a look at this compilation of different videos that the people of Norway took yesterday when this strange spiral appeared in the sky at 8.00am

http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?hl=en&source=hp&q=spiralling%20sky%20norway&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#hl=en&source=hp&q=spiralling+sky+norway&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv&qvid=spiralling+sky+norway&vid=-8608567492428110645

DawnFireDragoon
9th December 2009, 11:33 PM
strange, and quite beautiful.

But i believe the theory that it is just a rocket, which was on course (see the vapour trail) which then spirals out of control (strange galaxy looking vapour trail), before burning out it's engine (creating the sudden black hole looking feature)

that.....or it's the top secret vehicle the U.S. have been rumoured to have built and been testing around the world: Aurora (conspiracy theories start here folks!!!)

blackwiggle
9th December 2009, 11:53 PM
We have a few Norwegian forum members ,suppose we will wait and see what their take is on it,somehow I doubt that they would of been up early enough to of seen it,more like just going to bed.:P

eLhabib
9th December 2009, 11:54 PM
Crazy!
Whatever it is, I hope it gives us antigravity technology :D

IH8YOU
10th December 2009, 12:13 AM
It looks like my screen saver.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I sent my friend in Norway a couple texts today bitching about our weather out here. If something that weird happened - I'd imagine he would have 1up'd me with that in reply.

mic-dk
10th December 2009, 04:27 AM
"They" are coming.

That, at least, would make it worth my time reading the sunday paper again.

DawnFireDragoon
10th December 2009, 11:36 AM
heh, this is pretty much what i meant :):

http://gizmodo.com/5422792/this-is-how-the-mysterious-giant-spiral-happened

NightArh
10th December 2009, 01:03 PM
Just read about this strange effect in the night sky in Norway... Maybe some WZ members were there?

Yes eLhabib AG Racing prophecy will come true :D

PS
And this was recorded with mobile phone in Russia during thunderstorm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKwNm1ZQiZM
Very beautiful atmospheric effects :+

Dark_Phantom_89
10th December 2009, 01:36 PM
I find it strangely mystifying - maybe it's some form of alien mind control ;)

mic-dk
10th December 2009, 01:56 PM
I'm disappointed. A borken russian ICBM isn't quite what I hoped for.

q_dmc12
10th December 2009, 03:03 PM
Hmm, an educated guess would be "ball plasma." If there's a such thing as ball lightning, why not ball plasma caused by a solar flare hitting earth's magnetosphere; swirling in the upper-upper atmosphere. When I dissipates it resembles the aurora - That is my guess..

..heh, esper :P

DawnFireDragoon
10th December 2009, 09:42 PM
it was confirmed it was just a missile. sorry to burst the bubble. :(

IH8YOU
11th December 2009, 02:57 AM
I'm not sure I buy that aborted ICBM bit - I think it was a worm hole, or a space portal. Because I haven't heard a single utterance from my Norwegian friend since I saw this thread.... And he hasn't been on PSN either. :eek

Coincidence? I think so. :nod

mic-dk
11th December 2009, 04:31 AM
I got called out of bed this night from Oslo, so the southern part at least hasn't been transported to another dimension. But who knows what happens up north...

I'm still disappointed.

q_dmc12
11th December 2009, 05:08 AM
Ah yes, a missile - only the Russians..

Good theories though. :+

RedScar
11th December 2009, 07:11 AM
How are you guys disappointed that it is a missle? I enjoy military technology, and find this really interesting. How often would you get to see a part of a missle test, even if it is capable of wiping out 10 seperate areas. Take the nukes out of the equation and it is an interesting example of rocketry, along with its ups and downs.

mic-dk
11th December 2009, 07:59 AM
Because DUI flying, anti gravity bearing visitors from a different dimension is way cooler than a POS missile (8 fails out of 11 tries? come on...)

q_dmc12
11th December 2009, 06:42 PM
.. along with its ups and downs.
I see what you did there.. ;)

aethernet
11th December 2009, 08:44 PM
This is obviously a test of Qirex's new superweapon. The spiral plasma missile!

NightArh
11th December 2009, 09:01 PM
2 RedScar

I like this stuff too.I ve enjoyed my last trip to Moscow to see the International Aviation and Space Salon. There were a lot of rocket systems too but the most excite thing is air show where pilots from France, Italy, Germany, the USA, UK and Russian Federation showed their technics of piloting on supersonic aircrafts. Trajectory of the rocket in Norway is the exact as in the books. I ve made a model in MathCAD of it in the university )

RedScar
11th December 2009, 09:59 PM
whoa, thats hardcore night. I have never used CAD software outside Catia, but i'd like to see that :) . I do enjoy aircraft more (kinda going to school for this reason) but rocketry is close behind. How can you not like the technology that pushed man supersonic, put men on the moon, allows us to take pictures of planets like Jupiter, and allows chance me to steal satellite TV?

DrMannevond
23rd December 2009, 08:03 PM
I'm norwegian, and it's pretty obvious to me that this is a gateway to Hell. Everyone knows that since the sun never rises in winter, northern Norway is on the border between Earth and Hell and spooky stuff comes through every now and then:nod
Or it could be the Sami people. Who knows what they're up to out on the tundra while supposedly "herding reindeer".:eek

BulletWraith
23rd December 2009, 09:28 PM
I dunno still seems dodgy, maybe it was HARP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPusHeDlBxQ) lol

Lazokaeи
23rd December 2009, 10:11 PM
I reckon whilst it is a missile, it's some new engine they were working on. I thought it was a black hole at first starting in one of the vids. lol.

I dunno, missiles fail all the time, yet we haven't seen anything like this before.