PDA

View Full Version : How to get an edge in Zone Zeus

lifekid42
23rd November 2009, 06:24 PM
I finally got Zone Zeus (& Transcendence) yesterday, and I thought I'd share this little tip.

I'd been practicing Zone for about 2 days on Syncopia. I kept getting into the 70's (even got 74 a few times), and I knew it was in my grasp, but never quite made it to 75.

One thing I noticed was that I always lose a lot of energy in Sub-sonic due to the intense white flashing of the music visualization on the track. I found it quite distracting.

So I tested a little theory... I created a silent CD track and imported that to my PS3 for the music... this gave me the little edge that I needed and I got Zone Zeus on the very first try!!

It's a bit strange to play zone mode without any visualization, just a boring & blank landscape, but it was well worth it. Just wanted to share this tip with you all since it clearly gave me an advantage on this one.

SaturnReturn
23rd November 2009, 06:32 PM
HD/Fury has been out for a while now. This has come up in a few threads I think. Like many other things, there is a strong chance it's come up here before. Here's a link to just one thread where this was mentioned. I know it's been in others too.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=140674&highlight=music#post140674

Anyway, thanks for sharing the tip. In future it's good to do a search so that you can see if it's been discussed before. Then you can also add to the discussion in the best place.:)

I was about to say welcome to the forum, but you joined ages ago. So er...welcome back? :)

Here's a general trophy help thread as well (which is actually a sticky topic and the 'music off tip' is on the very first page...tsk...tsk...:P):
http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5286

lifekid42
23rd November 2009, 06:36 PM
Ah, sorry about that then. I did do a quick search but maybe I was using the wrong keywords.

SaturnReturn
23rd November 2009, 06:39 PM
Maybe. A search for Zone Zeus and music would have done it. Anyway, I found a good few more posts mentioning it and more Zone Zeus threads etc., so will close this one now.