PDA

View Full Version : Iy's one,the STOP SINUS1 reaching Level 100 challenge.

blackwiggle
22nd November 2009, 09:58 AM
I just sent a message to Sinus1
As most would know he is at level 97-98 ...yes well.

I issued a challenge to Sinus1,and that challenge was this.

He can Only race against Wipeoutzone /ARENA pilots to gather the needed points to reach level 100 ,
IF.
All races must be in ubuer AVALON mode.
No BR's ,NO weapons,NO hint's, No PA.

He can choose the track and if Rapier or Phantom speed.

Let's make it interesting folks

SaturnReturn
22nd November 2009, 10:52 AM
Did he accept the challenge?

mizunoori
22nd November 2009, 12:00 PM
Just leave him. Sinus is stalked enough I think.

ACE-FLO
22nd November 2009, 12:02 PM
As most would know he is at level 97-98 ...yes well.

does that mean he plays online a heck of a lot? or does it mean he's a badass sith lord / jedi pilot from the sacred coven of wipeout sages?...

... or uhm, both?

Rezatron
22nd November 2009, 12:14 PM
Sinus1 always exits a room immediately when I enter :lol ... seriously. What a drama queen.

For playing alot of Multiplayer Rapier/Flash online he doesn't have alot (any?) top ten records in any of the tracks...

ACE-FLO
22nd November 2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Rezatron, you're a scary dude to race... speaking from experience :) I hate losing with +10 second gaps :D

One question though, is it possible that online ranks can move down, as well as up? coz if they do, then maybe that's why Sinus leaves when you join!?!? ... attaining that 100th rank seems to be a motivation for Sinus1.

Dunno, just what I think... :?

Rezatron
22nd November 2009, 01:53 PM
Actually I got a msg from Sinus telling me he left last night because he had a few beers and couldn't compete with me in that state :p Played him and fgdk a bit this morning, great Rapier races :+

It's impossible to lose points if you complete a race, in fact I think you gain points even if you finish last (not sure if DNF). You only lose points if you quit or get disconnected (I presume). I mentioned this in another thread but back when I just reached rank 45 I rage quit the very next race and dropped back down to 44, it took two or three races to get back to 45.

blackwiggle
24th November 2009, 10:45 AM
I got at "LOL" reply,seems a bit to late anyway,he's at 38% of level 99..

God I would find it funny if SL had programed that to achieve 100% of level 100 depended that you had to race in Phantom,he could be stuffed as it not his preferred speed,hates it in fact & quits straight away if you change speeds:mr-t

Dark_Phantom_89
24th November 2009, 10:48 AM
I noticed that as well blackwiggle. He's a beast on Rapier speed but Phantom lets him down a bit

JFthebestJan
25th November 2009, 10:00 AM
i don't believe sinus1 is up to WZ or WA, so challenges made on this sites, wont reach him.

if the inet-connection is good, it's allways alot of fun racing sinus1, he gives great competition (like many others too).

OBH
25th November 2009, 01:01 PM
never seen him, ever.

yeldar2097
25th November 2009, 01:16 PM
I saw him once, he called me a legend, we made sweet love.

That was that ;)

...Actually I replied to his message then he left the game. Twas a dark day for me...kinda...not really...

Nice chap :+

:g

Mr Phlanj
25th November 2009, 01:35 PM
so he's one of those straight to the point kind of guys who dont have time for a bit of spooning :D

eLhabib
25th November 2009, 02:00 PM
hahahaha :lol

Rezatron
25th November 2009, 06:29 PM
He keeps leaving the room when I enter. :-

I swear i'm not stalking him guyz (lolz). I just want to be part of WOHD online history when he reaches 100 and I beat him in the same race. :D

Mietepiet
26th November 2009, 12:55 PM
^^^^^^ lmao :D:D

ACE-FLO
26th November 2009, 08:00 PM
He reached 100 rank, So um, redundant thread... meh. :D

Rank 100 = Immortal, right? does that mean he can't be eliminated in races anymore? ;)

blackwiggle
26th November 2009, 10:28 PM
He has to reach 100% of level 100,so there is a way to go yet.

Something strange happened.
He messaged me when he got to level 100 ,I was offline but read it the next day,while he was offline.
I thought I would check what percentage of Lv100 he had reached and it was reading approx 3.5%,this was in the morning.
Later that night he messaged me again saying it might take him longer than he thought to complete,and mentioned that he was only at 1%.
I told him he was higher than that,then I loaded up the game and checked the records again.
His percentage had dropped.
I went to bed and haven't checked yet to see if he has advanced further.

I'm just wondering if he has to finish the last level in one sitting,as it appeared to have reset itself when he quit the game.

That would be a task and a half if true.

Koleax
26th November 2009, 11:15 PM
It's more like a mathematical error. The progress percentage is how far you're advancing to the next level. There is no next level.

It's akin to multiplayer times on the pure four leaderboards, a categorical impossibility and therefore meaningless. But, that didn't stop it from happening!

Connavar
3rd December 2009, 07:18 AM
So he's officially, mathematically, the best player in the world?
I'd like to have the honor of racing him!

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd December 2009, 10:33 AM
He always leaves a Phantom race - he's nowhere near as good in it as he is in Rapier. Winning against a Level 100 person increased my rank progress by a lot, but he left soon after I beat him :(

Lance
3rd December 2009, 12:43 PM
I wonder if he gets his name from Killerloop; one of the teams/ship types was named Sinus. It was the medium speed one, IIRC. The I in each type was actually the slowest class, like Vector.

blackwiggle
5th December 2009, 11:35 PM
Well he has achieved 100% of level 100 and apparently his icon has turned Gold according to the message he sent me.

New title OVERLORD and it appears the levels go past 100 as he's on 101 atm.

I've just seen that he has removed himself from my friends list [again],I haven't been playing wipeout much so that could be the reason,otherwise,I'm guessing that he won't be playing wipeout anymore ,only wanted to get to 100 first.
Kind of strange,oh well.

kanar
6th December 2009, 06:30 AM
hope we could kick his "overlord" a** at least for one race last we of dec lol:twisted

leungbok
6th December 2009, 07:03 AM
Next avalon will be played on flash & venom ? :eek:eek:eek

Rezatron
6th December 2009, 08:35 AM
He races on Rapier and Flash most of the time actually ;)

Dark_Phantom_89
6th December 2009, 09:29 AM
I wonder if 101 is the highest rank, or are the ranks infinite but just bear the same title?

leungbok
6th December 2009, 11:13 AM
He races on Rapier and Flash most of the time actually ;)

OMG !! :eek He really deserves his title, then ! ;)

KGB
6th December 2009, 11:57 AM
I think he deserves some praise as he must of played hundreds of hours to get that at whatever speed. At the moment I am at about 460 hrs and 49 in rank. It's a pity that my main time playing the game was before the patch for rankings came out. Someone should ask him how many hours it took.

blackwiggle
6th December 2009, 12:33 PM
I just got a farewell message saying he has removed all wipeout players from his friends list as Sinus1 has now retired, so it official.

I know he was playing on average at least 6 hours every time he signed in.
He told me once that he did 100 races every time he signed in.

I think the highest rank will stay at Overlord but you could still advance in the amount of levels,I'm pretty sure that's what happened when it was previously capped at 50 to get the highest rank.

eLhabib
6th December 2009, 02:08 PM
It is beyond me how someone can pursue an utterly meaningless rank for hours on end, in a game he apparently doesn't even enjoy playing (seeing as he stopped immediately after reaching his 'goal').

Rank 100 really should be called Master of Insignificance :rolleyes:

amplificated
6th December 2009, 02:30 PM
... he apparently doesn't even enjoy playing (seeing as he stopped immediately after reaching his 'goal').

That was pure speculation on blackwiggle's behalf, I played with Sinus1 last night, and it's a pretty big step to say that someone doesn't like a game even if they wanted to take a break after playing it to the extent they obviously have in this case.

Why post a pointless and excessively bitter message based on nothing but hearsay?

eLhabib
6th December 2009, 02:35 PM
Not bitter, just baffled. But then I don't get the whole trophy/achievement idea either...

leungbok
6th December 2009, 02:39 PM
Why post a pointless and excessively bitter message based on nothing but hearsay?
I second El on that. Many witnesses here told that Sinus left the games when they entered in the same room as him. Is that a normal behaviour for a wipeout fan that must be pleased to race against great pilots, more than doing easy wins on noobs flash games ?

ACE-FLO
6th December 2009, 02:47 PM
ranking points are weird. How can someone who plays Flash/Rapier be allowed to reach rank 100?

Ranking systems would make more sense if your rank was reflective of:

a) your win/loss ratio inc. finishing position,
b) the ranked level of the pilots you race,
c) the speed class you've progressed to. i.e - if like Sinus1 you don't race past Rapier online, then you shouldn't reach past rank level 75...

So, I'd imagine a fairer rank system would be one which wouldn't allow you to progress past -

Rank 25 = for VENOM pilots
Rank 50 = for FLASH pilots
Rank 75 = for RAPIER pilots (like Sinus1) and
Rank 100 = for PHANTOM pilots...

... I believe that, a fairer ranking system would make it easier to determine the skill level of Pilots you come accross in online MP hosted rooms! This would allow for better levels of competitive racing between pilots who are looking to race pilots with similiar skillsets. Makes for better, tighter races... just my 2 rupees worth! ! :)

amplificated
6th December 2009, 03:32 PM
I second El on that. Many witnesses here told that Sinus left the games when they entered in the same room as him. Is that a normal behaviour for a wipeout fan that must be pleased to race against great pilots, more than doing easy wins on noobs flash games ?

I personally can't say that's happened to me, in fact I've beaten him a number of times and he messaged me to say I'm a fast pilot, and he hasn't left any games as soon as I joined either.

so from my perspective he seems to be a nice guy and a solid rapier racer.

and the only witness in this thread saying he's left games when they've joined is rezatron (whom by the way I'd like to play against again, I remember playing him before I got some skills and getting decimated by him, haven't seen him since though :( )

Not bitter, just baffled. But then I don't get the whole trophy/achievement idea either...

ah fair enough. I do get the whole trophy/achievement thing, unfortunately :P

leungbok
6th December 2009, 03:51 PM
Wotan played once against him (3 races), he beats sinus by 10 secs each race. Sinus sent Wotan a message "you're fast" (lol) and quitted at the third race ;)

blackwiggle
6th December 2009, 09:38 PM
Well I can see Sinus1's reasoning for quitting if he was getting beaten all the time by a particular player.
If you beat a higher ranked player you progress faster and the higher ranked players progress stalls.

Since his ONLY GOAL was to be first to reach 100% of the highest rank it makes sense.
I think he knew his limitations as a player and set himself a challenge that he could achieve,he certainly wasn't interested in HD/Fury trophies as he was only about 30%-40% completion.

To each their own.

Danterich
7th December 2009, 09:04 AM
Now sinus1 is beyond level 100. He reached level 101 (OVERLORD) already!?!
Will he ever stop playing this game??
btw, i like racing him, cause he´s about on my skill level (average, lol)

AG-wolf
13th December 2009, 08:10 PM
I don't really even pay attention to "rank," it doesn't really mean much beyond the amount of time you've spent on the game *shrug*

Aeroracer
23rd February 2010, 01:25 AM
sinus is over rank 100 i have seen him leaving a room about 3 times never played him..he is as elusive as a panda but has played more than most the elites put together..how did he do it..he has private room and invite only.

the only explanation for me anyway

i know of quite few players who dont go public too much but have private meeting as most of their games wit trusted players..

stin
23rd February 2010, 03:31 PM
Yes, but, he has also muilti idendity, I do believe, he has three which you know one and other two are well over 40 levels.:bat

That is certainly put alot of hours he put in.

stevie:)

silverfoxy
23rd February 2010, 03:50 PM
I've only got back into the game myself in the last few weeks but before I used to have some great rapier battles with Sinus. I've also bumped into him online again since I returned and as before, he has been nothing but a gentleman. We regularly swap messages after races and he is always complimentary even when he was beating me by 10 seconds or more.

He explained to me the reasons why he stopped but its not my place to discuss them here. But I do think the whole creation of this thread is out of order to be honest and not in keeping with (what I perceived to be) the aim or purpose of this forum. Says it all when the thread title is gramatically incorrect and theoretically impossible.

Aeroracer
23rd February 2010, 09:36 PM
intersting stuff..stin

i wonder if sinus is someone from here...

i dont agree with this thread myself..yes i know im writing in it..but i am not adding to the original message this thread is about..well done to sinus for hitting rank 100 :hyper

blackwiggle
28th February 2010, 08:59 PM
I started the thread [a slip at the keyboard caused the grammatical error that I couldn't edit once posted :mad: ]and was meant as "tongue in cheek",and for the most part been taken that way.
I know Sinus and his other wipeout racing names and he was on my friends list since before there were any rankings at all.
Sinus seldomly played in friends only races,he used to meet up regularly and race the same large group of Flash or Rapier pilots for 8 -12 hour long sessions nearly every day,that's how he got to level 101 so quickly.
He will leave the room if the race speed is changed to Phantom,he doesn't like it as he says it's too fast for him.
He gave himself that one challenge of being first to the highest online level,that's all he was interested in.
He isn't interested in the trophies either,only completed around 50% of them.

Aeroracer
1st March 2010, 02:19 AM
he must really good player with all that playing time.i bet hardly ever loses:guitar

Lance
6th March 2010, 07:48 PM
blackwiggle, you could have asked for a typo correction.