PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Epic Elimination Win

Gusto-Pastel
9th November 2009, 12:31 AM
You guys really don't have enough of these types of threads.

So I was playing eliminator, and, well, I'm having a bad day. It's total and utter Cambodia out there, with me mostly on the recieving end, y'know that kind of Cambodia where the voice is listing every single weapon in the game at you in quick succession while you fly at about 3MPH through the set of Saving Private Ryan on acid? The kind where you can't seem to get above 15 points because for every kill you get, you die about 4 times, and you haven't gotten your lap complete bonus for 3 laps because you've been killed over the line each time? Every other weapon people are firing seems to be the quake, and... somehow I managed to consistently come third with these people, and by the time I finally won a round, the badge I got was "Successful Victim". Well, anyway, I was having one of those kind of races in Ubermall, and I have a plasma bolt. But only split seconds after I hit the button to charge it up, I get destroyed. So as I watch my charred wreck bounce along the track in a spectacular fashion, I notice something. The plasma bolt's still going. And then when it fires, I'm about 10 metres in the air... pointing down at the track... and straight at the guy that eliminated me. Bam, "You eliminated xxxxxxxx". :+

Anyone else got tales of epic elimination win?

ACE-FLO
9th November 2009, 12:35 AM
sneaky/awesome/funny :rock

Koleax
9th November 2009, 02:10 AM
Hahaha, awesome!

I can't really stomach Eliminator anymore. The frame-dropping is a bit too much. I bought Wipeout as a game that was a constant 60 FPS and Eliminator doesn't come close.

Still have some very exciting memories, like shooting a plasma bolt all the way down the valley in Vineta K and seeing the pleasant green elimination message when it reached the end. So many unconscious impulses take over in Eliminator, the kind from genes that helped your ancestors throw spears at cheetahs or something. I have this didgeridoo song called "The Hunt" and it's pretty awesome for Eliminators.

I don't think I can top this experience, though:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6938

It was so perfect. I hit everything, timed everything right, with superb decision-making. I let each player soften each other up and came in for the kills, capitalizing on their hard work. They all quit within a couple minutes, with zero or near zero points, and I was nearing 200.

Vartazian
9th November 2009, 07:59 AM
I beat one of the top pilots on Elimintaor 200 - 1. I wont name names. but I was proud of myself.