PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap! Wipeout Remake?

brokenvoice
16th February 2002, 12:46 AM
I thought someone here would be interested in this. It's called Action Speeder and it's made by a guy in Japan. I found it tonight whilst looking for remakes of classic ZX Spectrum games.

The screenshots look pretty nice, but I can't try it due to only having a Mac and a Linux box. I'd say it was worth having a look at. More power to the guy for giving it a try :smile:

Link: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA015095/

JABBERJAW
16th February 2002, 01:20 AM
more like f-zero, not bad though

infoxicated
16th February 2002, 11:22 AM
It's a pretty cool wee game, I thought. Makes me feel a bit spewy after a short time, though - I'm not sure the texturing is up to much. But for free, you cant really find fault with it.

And it has replay! :wink:

Lance
16th February 2002, 11:44 AM
it's amazing what they've done with only 2.7 megs. considering the small size, it looks great. one wishes for more tracks. think what they could have done with 5 megs! i just fooled around with it for a short while, havent discovered any weapons. i wonder what the a,d,c,b keys are supposed to be for. wish i could read japanese.

my goooooodddddd, that vertical loop with the transparent upper half!!! yai yai yaiieee! :smile:

thanks for the tip, brokenvoice. this little game is fun. and inspiring to programmers and designers.

is this how the Fusion ships behave? these little racers seem to stay fairly close above the track surface and dont seem to leap very much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2002-02-16 12:50 ]</font>

FoxZero
17th February 2002, 07:04 AM
this is a sweet game, reminds me a bit of extreme g. check out the transparent spiral in the replay of stage 4:1! i hope this isnt the finished product but rather incomplete as i cant wait to see what they will add next.

Lance
17th February 2002, 03:39 PM
woah! Foxxy, how do i get one of those big icons like the one under your name and title on the posts?

jmoid
22nd February 2002, 06:55 PM
AceSpeeder rules!!!!!!

yeah the fusion ships are kind of like that. if you've played air-hockey, the fusion ships are like an air-hockey puck, not much up and down but quite slidey. it's wierd at first but once you get used to it you'll never look back :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jmoid on 2002-02-22 19:58 ]</font>

Lance
22nd February 2002, 07:42 PM
i dunno. i kinda like the ability to get some big air!

jmoid
22nd February 2002, 08:23 PM
yeah, i really missed that when i first played fusion, and i would prefer it if there was more vertical movement. but i've really changed my mind about the game, and i can't get enough of fusion at the moment.

jmoid
23rd February 2002, 03:25 PM
does anyone know how the password system works? or if there's a "back" button in the menu sections?

jmoid
16th March 2002, 11:37 PM
i emailed Nakatani Takahiro, the author of the game, to say how much i liked it - he wrote back and said it's shareware - you get the password when you buy a full version.

he also said it's only in japanese at the moment but if there's wnough demand he'll do an english version...

so what are you waiting for, get emailing!