PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard update failures.

Lance
6th November 2009, 07:50 PM
Please post current update failures here.

Vartazian
7th November 2009, 01:37 AM
Modesto Heights Rev / Phantom

Vineta K FWD / Phantom

Multiplayer on both

Wotan
7th November 2009, 05:48 AM
All multiplayer venom . Real multiplayer and zone battle time are mixed .

JJPAP
7th November 2009, 09:50 AM
TT and SL (Phantom):
Sebenco Rev and Metropia FW haven´t updated for 2 weeks
(There might be other tracks not updating, but for these 2, I´m absolutely sure)

Constrictor
7th November 2009, 10:34 AM
Most important: The Online Rank does not update.

I need/have to know what Level 91+ is called as Sinus1 is on fast approach to Level 100.

And now I'm 100% sure that they ship the leaderboard updates on punchcard to china to get them decoded and transferred back to the servers in the UK on floppy. Postal Services are definitely on strike or there is a mayor outage on the punchcard appliance from International Business Machines

novide
7th November 2009, 11:48 AM
All my new records in all modes (detonator, zone, singlerace, multiplayer...) on all tracks... not updated since two weeks.

blackwiggle
7th November 2009, 11:06 PM
Level 90+ is called Immortal
Sinus is up to level 94 ,but told me he is playing under a different name atm so seanuway can catch up

Constrictor
8th November 2009, 10:45 AM
Argh! Spoiler :D Maybe it's Sinus1 who's responsible for this leaderboard outage.

And wtf is seanuway :dizzy

il_mago_di_Doz
8th November 2009, 01:28 PM
Basically all my multiplayer records are messed up. Plus other records like zones and TT and SL in half of the tracks. Speechless.

Vartazian
10th November 2009, 09:02 AM
Metropia FWD Rapier Mirage+

Lance
10th November 2009, 02:47 PM
Please mention instances of update failure as part of a pattern or history, rather than using the thread as a place to gain attention for a world record.

Vartazian
10th November 2009, 03:47 PM
I guess the big question here is WHY did the leaderboards stop working after they already fixed them in 2.01.

What was so drastic that made them break.

@Lance It wasnt my intention to "get attention for WR Times" more to show that Those track times are outdated and could be watched for updates as a possible leaderboard fix.

I have removed my times as to remove any Confusion. My Apologies.

novide
12th November 2009, 11:47 AM
check the leaderboard!! The records have been updated!! :hyper

QjonPL
12th November 2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, with some VERY mysterious times - I've seen my records on MP done with Feisar, which I never use online :D

//EDIT: Nah, everything seems fine now (these ship glitches appeared only when checking Global times in after-race-statistics)

Vartazian
12th November 2009, 06:39 PM
Whaaaat? Half of my records didnd upload... NOoooooooooo!!!

mic-dk
20th November 2009, 07:32 AM
Mine still doesn't update... Metropia and Amphiseum reverse as an example, but there's probably more.

QjonPL
20th November 2009, 11:25 AM
Zone scores on AP aren't updating either.

Koleax
20th November 2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah, my Zone Vineta K score updated, but it's been days for every other track.

ACE-FLO
29th November 2009, 11:53 AM
this is a big suck! STUDIO LIVERPOOL - please fix the problem for us. I've got good times on a couple tracks and this update failure is a joke :(

yeldar2097
29th November 2009, 12:00 PM
That's why we have this (http://wipeout.gamerstats.net/)

Yes Connavar, yes! :g

novide
30th November 2009, 07:22 AM
most new records not updating since 2 weeks... :?

Dark_Phantom_89
4th December 2009, 11:51 AM
The only part of the leaderboard that seems to update regularly for me is the Online Rank section and sometimes the Multiplayer Race. Everything else remains un-updated (is that a word?)

Lance
4th December 2009, 01:43 PM
Why not just say: 'Everything else remains the same.'

It's simple and direct and elegantly accurate. William of Ockham knew what he was about. :D

And Led Zeppelin, too, I guess. :g

Koleax
4th December 2009, 01:53 PM
You can add "un-" to any verb, but it usually means the reversal of an action already completed, as if the leaderboards had been updated but are now in a previous state. Better to use a different adjective like "frozen" or simply say that it is not updating.

See, I could be an English teacher. I just don't want to be a prison guard too.:-

Do we have to bribe someone to get this fixed? :donut:pizza

Lance
4th December 2009, 01:59 PM
I like my reply better. ;)

I was an English Literature major; twas more fun than being a grammarian, but only a little bit more fun. I wouldn't want to teach either subject. I wanted to change to architecture, but they wouldn't let me, umm.. I seem to be straying from the actual topic.

Koleax
4th December 2009, 03:06 PM
I posted it before I saw yours.

So where's the nearest pizza delivery place to Studio Liverpool?

Aeroracer
4th December 2009, 03:07 PM
I thought these were fixed..so they have broken down again...probally best just to post your times on conevers website:nod

Dark_Phantom_89
4th December 2009, 06:52 PM
Why not just say: 'Everything else remains the same.'

It's simple and direct and elegantly accurate. William of Ockham knew what he was about. :D

And Led Zeppelin, too, I guess. :g

Thank you Lance, that makes much more sense. My English is usually pretty good, don't know what made me write that

Lance
4th December 2009, 07:05 PM
No problem; I'm always willing to give advice, whether it's needed or not. :g

Koleax
4th December 2009, 09:47 PM
When did leaderboard update failures start? Was it after a certain update? It hasn't always been like this, has it?

QjonPL
4th December 2009, 11:41 PM
At 2.01 patch they started to work normally (after a long time) until infamous 2.10 patch - and Ads :/ As mentioned at second page, there was a small time gap when some scores have been updated, but until today everything is back to "HD normal" (which means Leaderboards are not working).

IH8YOU
5th December 2009, 02:13 AM
For the record - I'd call it "Fury Normal" - leader boards worked pretty well from Oct 2008 until Fury.

At least, on my end.

Koleax
5th December 2009, 02:46 AM
So it really started with Fury?

Hmm, I'm not a database expert. For someone who knows more about that, how difficult would it be update the pre-Fury leaderboards to the Fury, with new tables and modes, like Detonator, and the Pure Four which have only Zone scores? Could it be complications resulting from that process which are causing them not to update?

DrMannevond
6th December 2009, 05:16 PM
From what little experience I have with databases the basics of it should be pretty simple. As soon as you finish a race your time and other relevant info (track, speedclass, psn-ID etc.) is passed along to their servers where it's compared to your previous times, and if you set a record it's added to the tables.
I can see some problems showing up with Fury if they didn't plan for the database to be expanded with new tracks, modes etc. in the future, in which case they would have to either try to bolt it on on top of the existing database, create a separate Fury database and try to make it play nice with the old one or create a whole new database that can handle it all and migrate the old one over. Lots of head-scratching can result from any of those approaches.

blackwiggle
6th December 2009, 10:58 PM
I'm just guessing,but it might have something to do with Fury adding Detonator,Eliminator and Zone battle modes to the records that is causing the problems.
Now all the information coming in has to be sorted into into more groups,which would mean that new code would of had to be written to do this,and that's where there could be a bottle neck.
It might have a limit to how much it can process in real time,then if overloaded with incoming data it just starts putting everything in a cache,which in turn is stopping the real time updates.

mic-dk
7th December 2009, 05:35 AM
With the disclaimer that I haven't got a clue on how Sony builds back-ends, I'll just say: Come on...

It's not like it's millions of transactions every second. Just assume a 1000 concurrent races with 8 players each. The races finish every few minutes, let's say on average 2 minutes. That gives, on average, 8 races finishing every second, with 8 records needing checking pr race. 64 updates pr second in one or more database tables is nothing.

I could run that database on my laptop...

Effedieffe
8th December 2009, 07:48 AM
But not all tracks are affected, recently I did a lot of TT on Vineta forward on all classes and records updated quickly!

KGB
8th December 2009, 08:49 AM
Not happy with this at all. They got it sorted for a week when they released it on disc to make it look like it was working for the new comers and have forgot about it now. All five of my personal bests on Sebenco forward are now glitched. Where is the support, where are the devs, where are my proper times, where is the love? Amateurs. :-

Edit: All five of my proper times are now missing from AP, CP and SC. If it is not recording my time if I beat a personal best then it may be the beginning of the end for me. :(

leungbok
8th December 2009, 03:44 PM
enter your pb on conna's site mate. It's the place to be when the officials are down (even when they works ! :lol)

KGB
8th December 2009, 07:47 PM
I do that Leungbok, but if the leader boards don't update It won't record my time anywhere as the five personal best on each track have all got stupidly fast times and can not be beat.

AG-wolf
9th December 2009, 02:39 PM
I tend to choke from time to time when I'm playing in online races against people, so a lot of my enjoyment in WOHD is playing offline and trying to beat my friends' times in the leaderboards, or simply just advance my own rank vs the rest of the world.

This leaderboard problem detracts from 50% of the reason I play the game in the first place.

il_mago_di_Doz
9th December 2009, 11:10 PM
Man I totally agree with you. Luckily I've discovered the website made by Connavar with all the best records daily updated. Btw I think that the leaderbords should be fixed. Come on SL, it can't be that hard! :twisted

Thanks again connavar :rock

novide
10th December 2009, 08:36 AM
i hope they will fix it soon. the last complet recordupdate was in middle of november.

it apparently only work vineta k, pro tozo and onlineranking.

i am using connavars great site, but after update of the leaderboard

Rezatron
13th December 2009, 10:28 AM
This is driving me nuts. I just sent a message to Sony about this issue via the playstation.com 'contact us' page. I realize this is futile but maybe if more of you do the same the message will be passed down to someone at Studio Liverpool or a Sony Network Engineer. Maybe someone in England can ring up the Studio Liverpool offices?

yeldar2097
13th December 2009, 11:21 AM
barnster is from liverpool i think, maybe we can convince him to go over there and slap a few people :lol

Rezatron
13th December 2009, 02:46 PM
I recall shapelot said he lives close to Studio Liverpool as well.... perhaps you guys can organize a protest and march down over? :P

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o28/Rezatron/wohdprotest.jpg

shapealot
13th December 2009, 10:37 PM
love the pic mate :clap yeah me an barnster only live 10 minutes away youll have to get me some signs made an send em over

il_mago_di_Doz
13th December 2009, 10:39 PM
Just tell me how and I'll surely send you my sign :)

Koleax
14th December 2009, 05:02 AM
It's not like they don't know how we feel.

Just let them quietly collapse. Maybe in a couple years we'll get lucky and Sony will sell the studio to an independent developer on the cheap.

What? They don't have the art assets to everything before the PSP games. There's not much left to buy other than the brand and look what they're doing to it.

RayMondo_61
16th December 2009, 05:38 AM
barnster and shapealot are not the only ones in liverpool there is me also.

by the way am barnster's dad.....:P

if they want to go i will go along with them. :hyper

for someone like me who is just starting out on W.O. i find that with the leader board being down a bit dishearting how are ppl ment to get thier ranks and records updated if its not working. i entered a race record on the leader board site and it said i was number 1.( no chance of that....lol) i had to delete it before anyone said i was cheating......barnster told me they are glitchs in the records tale this is something we could ask to get sorted out as well as all the other records getting updated on time.

shapealot
16th December 2009, 01:44 PM
alright mondo good to see you on here mate. watch out for this guy hes been watchin me an barnster play for months he knows all the lines

XBARNSTERX
16th December 2009, 01:47 PM
Haha go Mondo :P

JFthebestJan
16th December 2009, 04:58 PM
hey barn, ur father is playing videogames!? respect. my father plays hearts on his windows 98 pc or tetris on the very first edition of gameboy. tetris rocks! the best game 4 WC-session ;)

XBARNSTERX
16th December 2009, 05:28 PM
Ahh windows 98. A simpler time:P
Tetris is awesome:rock

Aeroracer
16th December 2009, 06:51 PM
a member from here who spends his spare time to maintain a site with accurate race times to compensate for broken leaderboards that studio liverpol couldnt make to work is a disgrace.
connevar can manage the leaderboards so why cant SL..

i just cant get my head around why this problem has not been solved properly once and for all and why its down to the fans to record what the game is meant to do for us..

many thx to connevar for his work

shame on sl for not fixing this issue once and for all as well as those other issues like voice chat and other issues raised by many players..:nod

JFthebestJan
16th December 2009, 07:08 PM
btw. my father plays mode B high 5. he finishes 99% of started games, and is doing tetrises almost always until the end. note: u cant save blocks like in the new versions of the game and only the next block is visible. that is really hardcore! :mr-t

XBARNSTERX
16th December 2009, 07:26 PM
Have you seen tetris videos on youtube , there crazy. Theres one where the blocks become invisible o_O
@Jasmin, i completely agree with what you say. Connavars the man, chboing has a big part to play too. Its down to these guys that we can keep are records updated as well as glitch free :+

XBARNSTERX
23rd December 2009, 06:10 PM
The in game tables have all updated, and as far as i know the times are now updating.:P

kanar
23rd December 2009, 06:12 PM
eh eh right on schedule! Our christmas gift! Fantastic news!

il_mago_di_Doz
24th December 2009, 05:04 AM
Yesssss!!!!! Thanks barnster for the info!!! :hyper

novide
24th December 2009, 06:33 AM
Great news - Yeah this is like christmas... :hyper

RayMondo_61
24th December 2009, 06:36 AM
great news about time...:rock

do u think they got wind of us protesting at SL??? :nod

Dark_Phantom_89
24th December 2009, 10:13 AM
I hope it lasts this time - fingers crossed

novide
12th November 2010, 07:49 AM
the leaderboard is broken like as a year ago. :(

all my new multiplayer records are not updated...

Colonel
12th November 2010, 08:13 AM
Some of my new zone scores don't update either, and yet some do almost immediately. Strange and rather annoying.

Woopzilla
12th November 2010, 01:55 PM
Yea, yesterday I was just racing some single races vs the AI and set a 2.05.xx time on the Amph R, but it never uploaded. Which is really annoying since it would've ranked in at rank 4 on the official leaderboards.

The day before that though it updated my 3 multiplayer race records fairly quickly... it must be since yesterday only. So, have a pen and paper at the ready everyone if you're setting some records from now on.

Colonel
12th November 2010, 02:38 PM
Don't think it's that recent Woopzilla, the zone thing's been like that for weeks. I always keep a pen and paper with me when I'm doing zone anyway, so I can put my scores on Connavar's site. The scores show up in my personal records, just not always on the friends or global.

DreamyElf
12th November 2010, 04:55 PM
I think i've mentioned this problem a while ago...
At least, this situation made me rethink how insignificant some records(leaderboards) are compared to some serious life problems...

Colonel, for Zone recs dont use papers, just go to stats and then your records are saved to your personal stats page, they just don't get uploaded online. :)

Aeroracer
12th November 2010, 07:31 PM
i gave up on leaderboard ages ago..its crap..i use conavars site to update my scores its really good..all the top players us it and it has no glitch times on it either.

Colonel
12th November 2010, 07:47 PM
Colonel, for Zone recs dont use papers, just go to stats and then your records are saved to your personal stats page, they just don't get uploaded online. :)

Oh I know, it's just that the computer's upstairs and I can't remember anything for more than about 10 seconds :lol

novide
17th November 2010, 05:08 AM
the leaderboard has been updated..

Constrictor
17th November 2010, 08:06 AM
yeah, I was quite surprised when I saw that I achieved some Top 50 MP records during the last weeks - didn't expect that :hyper

Colonel
17th November 2010, 04:03 PM
I was quite chuffed to notice this at lunchtime (yes sometimes I go home at lunch to play Wipeout :redface:). I now have eighteen "top 50" zone scores, woohoo!

Constrictor
17th May 2011, 06:53 AM
Hi pilots, did anyone notice - besides me - that the leaderboard (server) is somewhat busy *g* and does not return any data. Might be a follow-up to this 3 week SL and TT practice of all those who did play WOHD offline and achieved a lot of PB and synched these when PSN was up again.

I'm still looking forward to some admin cleaning up the leaderboards during the outage.

mic-dk
17th May 2011, 07:15 AM
No, they were blank for me as well yesterday. Not that my times were even worth saving, but stil...l :p

Colonel
17th May 2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah, couldn't get any leaderboards up last night at all. Hopefully they'll update soon, it's a pain when they're not working like this.

brummpahh
18th May 2011, 12:44 AM
Hi all,
i really hope they'll remove those "0 pads" times and take
care of the board generally. Maybe it's only WO-board mainframe
not being connected to the new Sony server farm yet.

greenymac
18th May 2011, 02:04 AM
yeh, I agree I've put in alot of work over the psn break and I want to see the fruits of my labor...:P

Constrictor
3rd June 2011, 12:02 PM
Leaderboard's back. Noticed yesterday.

il_mago_di_Doz
3rd June 2011, 02:08 PM
Great news, that was likely due to the all new players coming in wohd with the welcome back program.... too bad that "single player races" are still a mess I guess.

Colonel
6th June 2011, 10:19 AM
Leaderboards seem very slow in updating since they came back, has anyone else noticed?

Constrictor
20th June 2011, 08:38 AM
Yes, I did. Currently there is no 'progress' at all. But I'm and we are used to that - and we do know what might triggered that :D

il_mago_di_Doz
20th June 2011, 04:38 PM
I did 3 personal records in phantom online multiplayer today. No one has been updated :| I hate these leaderboards so much

Colonel
21st June 2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah the Multiplayer race ones are the most annoying, because it's only when they've been updated on PSN that you can view your best lap, which is needed for the rankings site. I've been getting some pretty good times on venom and flash recently too, top 100s anyway.

novide
21st June 2011, 07:47 PM
the leaderboard is not updating since 1 week or more..

goddessloviatar
28th June 2011, 08:39 AM
it seems to be a rolling update - since the outage when I started playing again my leaderboard rank has updated perhaps once in the upwards direction - in the same time lots of other players have had times and rankings updated, pushing me further down!
It is frustrating as I am now a few ranks higher than what the leaderboards suggest..

Colonel
28th June 2011, 10:00 AM
My online rank still shows as 54, which is what it was when the PSN returned. I'm nearly 58 now. As you say there does seem to be some sort of rolling update as I've slipped down a few places in numerous boards, including the online rank.

goddessloviatar
28th June 2011, 10:32 AM
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8582/img0529yj.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/img0529yj.jpg/)
I did this a couple of weeks ago - I don't expect the time to last but would be interesting to see how long before things update! Sebenco forwards, SL on flash..
The times on the race selection screen seem to be up to date, just not the boards!

novide
25th July 2011, 08:06 PM
no leaderboard update since months :( has anyone contact informations from studio liverpool?

zero3growlithe
26th July 2011, 01:25 PM
I have so many records that need to be updated!! Damn Studio Liverpool, why you gave us such a fantastic game where leaderboards are the most important thing in the game and now you took it away from us!?!

leungbok
26th July 2011, 03:20 PM
Maybe exactly because it's too much important for some players ! :lol

xifdo
26th July 2011, 03:36 PM
There is someone on this forum knows a way to contact liverpool studio , to solve this problem? is a mission impossible? .. maybe yes :g:g:g:g :D

Colonel
26th July 2011, 05:23 PM
There are certainly no contact details on their website.

kanar
17th August 2011, 09:20 PM
wow looks like it's broken forever now. connavar one more time:+:+:+:+:+:+:rock

novide
18th August 2011, 10:15 AM
without connavar we would be lost ;)

i found some homepages with the address from scee studio liverpool
(hope the right one), i've written them a postcard...
maybe it will work

kanar
18th August 2011, 03:41 PM
well I tried the @something on twitter, fingers crossed the guy behind the account is really working at SL (not a contractual or smthing) & will pass the info. Imho I think they're fully aware of the pb & don't give a ****. Well maybe not them directly, but Sony for sure doesn't care. My 2 cents.

MarrontheRed
22nd August 2011, 04:27 PM
Been having the same problems recently. Fired up the game today to find my music had been reset to default and my times updated on the leaderboard.... strange.

blackwiggle
5th September 2011, 05:50 AM
I noticed that they had removed the glitched times for Sol2 Phantom SL & TT when I checked yesterday.
As for contacting SL.
Here's the address and Ph No.

Studio Liverpool
Napier Court
Stephenson Way
Wavertree Technology Park
Liverpool
L13 1HD
Tel : 0151 282 3000
Fax : 0151 282 3442

Reezy
7th September 2011, 11:57 PM
So is it fixed now?

Colonel
8th September 2011, 02:49 PM
No, at least it wasn't last night.

MiguelSkywalker
4th October 2011, 02:47 PM
¿? Glitched times in Sol2 Phantom? I've noticed my times were terrible in this one compared with the other tracks, could it be because of that or I just suck at that track?:frown:

Light Buster
18th October 2011, 11:50 PM
My scores for Zone Mode on Syncopia aren't showing me unless that's normal.

Colonel
19th October 2011, 12:19 PM
They won't do, the leaderboards are at least four months out of date sadly.

Constrictor
4th January 2012, 12:24 PM
Just a thought on the f'ed-up leaderboards and the schedule when the leaderboards stopped working. It's more or less the (production) testing timeframe for vitas WO 2048 over PSN on the WOHD servers ...

Is there hope? After the February W'O'' 2048 release for vita the leaderboards will be fully functional again. The Vitas are able to race our tracks and might show up within our (OUR!) leaderboards. It would be a bad reputation when the leaderboards won't be functional - when there'll be a merged leaderboard.

Besides, better for us will be us able to show up in the 2048 leaderboards without buying a vita :nod

Anyone?

amplificated
4th January 2012, 12:32 PM
It would be a bad reputation when the leaderboards won't be functional - when there'll be a merged leaderboard.

This is why it makes sense that the leaderboards will begin working for the release of 2048. Then again, business decisions have a habit of not making practical sense.

If the 'boards aren't working after the worldwide launch, then Sony/SL have really, really messed up.

leungbok
4th January 2012, 01:09 PM
Besides, better for us will be us able to show up in the 2048 leaderboards without buying a vita :nod

Anyone?

IMO there's no chance it happens ! It seems that when you select the wipeout 2048's application on your psvita, you have two possible choices, wipeout 2048 (exclusive vita) and wipeout HD (for cross-play, maybe offline too). So 2048 leaderboards should be exclusive for vita owners.

Colonel
4th January 2012, 01:09 PM
I can't help thinking it was incredibly shortsighted of Studio Liverpool to neglect maintenance of the leaderboards after the Welcome Back package came in. Millions of people given the game for free and not one of them has a single record in the leaderboards, it's just not good enough and will surely have been a barrier to the enthusiasm that many of them felt initially.

I really hope they fix the boards for the launch of 2048, and maintain them from that point, but who knows whether they will?

Constrictor
4th January 2012, 01:32 PM
IMO there's no chance it happens !

My statement was not specific on what I want/expect/hope ... a native PS 2048 add-on or port or whatever gives us new tracks. Anyway, this really might not happen *sigh*

Colonel
31st January 2012, 12:36 PM
I recently commented on http://www.facebook.com/#!/WipEout2048, asking if the leaderboards for HD would be updated for the Western launch of 2048, because if they weren't going to be, then crossplay is pretty pointless etc.

A guy from Studio Liverpool suggested I contact the PSN team on 0844 736 0595 for them to investigate. I phoned the number and told them the problem. I was put on hold for a while whilst the operator talked to his manager. The advice was that HD is an old game and they don't intend to update the leaderboards at any point.

I said that was a shame and that for the sake of some basic maintenance, it seemed very short sighted of Sony to neglect one of their flagship games, diminishing the experience of cross-play with the Vita, and possibly harming customer loyalty.

He kindly offered to "open up a case", which would guarantee it was looked into properly, and I would get an answer by phone or email. I accepted gratefully and gave them my details.

They phoned me today, and read out an email from Head Office, who had investigated the case. Apparently the Wipeout HD leaderboards are working just fine and "the customer should try again". I explained that unless there has been an update today, then they aren't working at all and have been broken for five months or more. The operator (Tony) said he couldn't do anything more as it had been escalated to Head Office, and once they've answered, that's it. "Can't you tell them they're wrong?" I asked. Tony didn't seem to want to contemplate that.

So there you go. The leaderboards are working fine, what are you all moaning about?

P.S. if they actually have been fixed this morning, I'll feel pretty small and shall immediately edit this sarcastic rant. If they haven't, maybe it's worth one or two more people ringing 0844 736 0595 and telling them, as they seemed to think it hadn't been reported before :?

leungbok
31st January 2012, 01:06 PM
It don't seems to have been fixed, the record i set months ago on sol2 rapier multiplayer don't appear on the rankings ! :?
I'll try to sync again several times today to confirm, but i'm not optimist there !

amplificated
31st January 2012, 04:55 PM
It sounds like typical ignorant bureaucracy. You should have specified that the problem wasn't that the times weren't showing, its that the tables are not being updated. The answer you got sounds like they think that because the servers are running there's no problem.

If you're up for it (or someone else, it might be a bit much to ask of one person to go to that much effort), I'd try and get them to open a new case and specify this. You probably will get a response like "they need to do X, but that's too much effort. Sorry", but who knows...

Colonel
31st January 2012, 05:42 PM
You're probably right. They probably got someone to fire up HD, have a look at a couple of leaderboards, and thought "Well they're right there". And they are, but they're basically an archive of times and scores pre-Welcome Back.

The guy I spoke to today seemed to hold "Head Office" in some God like regard. They had spoken and their word is final. Ridiculous.

Archon
3rd February 2012, 05:34 PM
Disappointing. (http://youtu.be/gsusakRf7T8?t=1m18s)

Colonel
4th February 2012, 01:35 PM
Guys, I have some fantastic news. Following my phonecall from PSN last week I received an email, basically asking if I was satisfied with the response I got. I clicked "no" and was directed to an online form. Here's what I put:

"I contacted PSN customer Services on the suggestion of a member of Studio Liverpool. The issue is regarding the Wipeout HD leaderboards, which have not been updated for several months (since the PSN came back online after the hacking fiasco to be precise).

I was told that the leaderboards would not be updating because Wipeout HD is an old game and Studio Liverpool were concentrating on 2048 from now on. When I said that this was incredibly shortsighted of Sony, for several reasons, cross-play with Wipeout HD being one, I was told that Sony would open up a case and investigate the matter properly.

I was phoned yesterday and read an email from "Head Office". The gist of it was that "the leaderboards are working fine and the customer should try again".

The leaderboards are not working fine; they're not working at all. Yes, you can view times and scores for all the modes and classes. But they haven't updated in several months.

So the hundreds of thousands of players given the game with "Welcome Back", have never had a single record added to the leaderboards. This will undoubtedly have been a barrier to the continued enjoyment of these players, and probably a barrier to them investing in a Vita, or 2048.

When I explained to the gentleman on the phone that this answer from "Head Office" was unacceptable, he said that he could do nothing. Apparently when "Head Office" have investigated and replied, that's the end of the line, so to speak. I find this to be entirely unacceptable and an utterly disdainful way to treat customers.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Adam O'Keeffe"

A man from Sony PSN phoned me today. He apologised for the initial response I received, and said the matter had been passed back up to head office for a more thorough investigation. To cut a long story short, a patch is being released in about two weeks which should update the leaderboards, and ensure that they automatically update from there on.

Get in! :rock

Azurooth
4th February 2012, 02:23 PM
Thank the heavens and more, right now i love you gadd. Made my day no doubt!

amplificated
4th February 2012, 03:38 PM
:rock

I think Booney in particular will celebrate this as a second christmas ;P

SoA_Booney
4th February 2012, 04:39 PM
:rock

I think Booney in particular will celebrate this as a second christmas ;P

If this was a facebook comment i would like this ever so much xD

Olivario
4th February 2012, 05:00 PM
Excellent news! Thanks for your effort Adam, I think I speak in the name of all when I say we appreciate it very much.

Colonel
4th February 2012, 06:10 PM
I really can't take that much credit, I can only assume an update was due anyway. I'm just glad to be the bearer of good news. Made my day to say the least.

Ragsus Maxima
4th February 2012, 06:36 PM
So they actually care their game! Great to see such good news!

But you're not just the bearer but the person who did the first move; we still appreciate your effort, Colonel. :)

Cyberio
5th February 2012, 04:47 PM
Your efforts are very much appreciated, Colonel. But the thing is: The update was only to add the Crossplay with 2048, they really will update the leaderboards? And one more thing: They will be updated once, or they are telling that the leaderboards will be functional again? Assuming that they had some problems with updating scores, and assuming no one there knew or ignored at all the problem.

Anyways, these are good news, thanks again.

Colonel
5th February 2012, 05:06 PM
From what I was told the leaderboards will get a full update, so hopefully all of our efforts of the last few months will be on display. They should also update automatically from then on. The guy I spoke to said if there were any problems I'm to phone back in a couple of weeks. So we'll see, sounds good anyway.

jimsin
25th February 2012, 06:39 PM
This sounds very encouraging, your efforts are much appreciated. Wipeout HD was my favourite game, but the leaderboard problem made all the effort feel a bit pointless & eventually I stopped playing. Sadly it's been 3 weeks now, and as far as I can see the leaderboards are still broken :(

Looking forward to some sort of update about this.

docfo4r
25th February 2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I hope they could finally fix that out.

Well I am kinda new to Wipeout so my records are not that important but it would still be a nice thing to appear in the leaderboards list, even at place 9500 or so^^

Cyberio
3rd March 2012, 10:46 PM
What exactly happened to that update, coming this week, or maybe the previous week?
SL had problems with the crossplay?

MyNameIsBom
3rd March 2012, 11:29 PM
dont really see the leaderboards updating.... none of my records are there, and ive set some pretty insane records.....

jimsin
8th March 2012, 06:42 PM
Just came back to check if there had been any update on the leaderboard situation and sad to find that there hasn't.

Soooo frustrating - with SSX being released I know a bunch of people who are getting really excited about the multiplayer which in the races just involves beating each other's times. Really want to suggest Wipeout because you can do all that, and it's such a pure form of racing - but there's no point, because of the leaderboard problem. On the grand scale of things I don't see why it should be so hard for them to fix it. I know this post is saying nothing new, but it's just so ridiculous that they're ruining such a great game & killing potential sales over something so minor, it's driving me crazy :(

Light Buster
11th March 2012, 09:37 PM
Just came back to check if there had been any update on the leaderboard situation and sad to find that there hasn't.

They actually updated and fixed the leaderboards (though its still kinda broken). For one, the game is now actually recording my zone runs (though it takes freaking forever on Syncopia for some ungodly reason). When I went to records to look myself up on "Zone on Moa Therma", I actually appeared on the boards (would like to thank SL for fixing the problem). The problem that wasn't resolved was the glitched scores/leaders of the scoreboards which should be removed from the boards (mainly Anulpha Pass with a ridicilous high score that isn't humanly possible and Moa Therma with a low score which is number one for some reason O_O). It's still glitchy somewhat but it's working again.

Colonel
11th March 2012, 10:13 PM
Well that's great news, must check it out for myself tomorrow. Cheers Light Buster :)

Light Buster
12th March 2012, 01:04 AM
Well that's great news, must check it out for myself tomorrow. Cheers Light Buster :)

It should be working. It worked for me so tell me when you find out for yourself. :)

Colonel
12th March 2012, 01:36 PM
I've just been online and checked, and they don't appear to be updated. The easiest way to check is the online rank, mine still shows 54, which was several months ago. Also had a cursory look at some Zone scores and MPR times, all of which were pre welcome-back :(

Archon
19th March 2012, 04:51 AM
Times I've earned after the 2.4 patch have shown on the boards, but nothing pre-patch. Also, checking the records page crashes my game. I quit playing since it keeps crashing.

TH4YA1
4th May 2012, 10:52 AM
Leaderboards are definitely Updating

I tried it with a different PSN account. Record was immediately on the Leaderboards and also visible for my TH4YA1 Account.

But it seems that only Records that were made new are updated. Older records that you can find in your Best Time List are not updated.

Should i now try to beat all my best times . LOL Nope.

SoA_Booney
4th May 2012, 11:59 AM
i feel the same way :L

yeldar2097
4th May 2012, 07:15 PM
My **** crashes if I go to the leaderboards so I can't tell ~_~
Would be annoying if stuff done pre-patch doesn't update...got hundreds of PBs outstanding
Good thing only one of my PS3s has the patch installed xD

MyNameIsBom
6th May 2012, 08:37 AM
My records are shown twice (takes up 2 spots) on the leaderboard for a single record, and it shows the incorrect ship that i used to achieve the time with.
But.... when ever i go look on the leaderboard in the main menu, my records are never there, ive set so many good records, some made to the top 100's and none made it up there... well this sucks :/

terra-wrists
15th June 2012, 12:53 PM
my record not showing all this time. sony not fix this proper way. why this game so much broke?